PDA

View Full Version : Whitey is ruining my life.

calichix
04-02-2006, 08:12 PM
All of the Mexicans are mad at the white folk because of the sundry douchebags who scream, "GO BACK TO MEXICO" at protesters (the whole immigration thing is a big deal 'round here at the moment) and today, oh God, this dickshit put a pube on my burrito. It was in plain view, thank God. But what gives, dude!

I'm like this: Viva el Mexico. I <3 paisas!!!!!!!! Make me a burrito.

but to no avail because of those dickweeds who are always bitching about things like white people not being allowed to have special clubs. We've got the world, we don't need White Entertainment Television. Jesus. Anyway, make love not angry chunts. Hit the bed not the floor.

Edit: Sorry. That was just the white woman's burden in the form of a spelling error.

Preocupado
04-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Viva el Mexico

Just a starter.

0r4ng3
04-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Isn't it just "Viva Mexico"?

kamikaze
04-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Immigration should be a big deal. It's not that hard to become a LEGAL citizen. And white people don't HAVE the world. We're not a superior race. Implying that means that we are superior, when, in fact, we are humans - just like the Mexicans. They have as much right as we do to live in the US, but they should be legal about it. And the fact he did that to your burrito is disgusting.

And as far as White Entertainment Television goes, I think it's a wonderful idea. Blacks have their station. Why can't white people have one of their own? Oh, God. Please... don't get me started on equality here. White people aren't superior. And everyone needs to get the fuck over it.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Immigration should be a big deal. It's not that hard to become a LEGAL citizen.

Yes it is.

And white people don't HAVE the world. We're not a superior race. Implying that means that we are superior, when, in fact, we are humans - just like the Mexicans.
In terms of economy, oginization, military power, and influence we are superior; there's no way around it.

And as far as White Entertainment Television goes, I think it's a wonderful idea. Blacks have their station. Why can't white people have one of their own?
Where the influence of different cultures is strong/large enough, they do.

Sunny
04-02-2006, 08:30 PM
And as far as White Entertainment Television goes, I think it's a wonderful idea. Blacks have their station. Why can't white people have one of their own? Oh, God. Please... don't get me started on equality here. White people aren't superior. And everyone needs to get the fuck over it.

EVERY freakin TV station is White Entertainment TV.

and every month is White History Month.

we aren't superior, we're unfairly priviledged.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Sunny, what would you say is the racial distribution where you live?

Little_Miss_1565
White Entertainment TV would be boring as all fuck.

White privilege aside, it's bullshit to take out frustrations with people whom even white people don't like on all white people.

Jebus
whoa, kamikaze's argument is oh so flawed.

and holy shit, a stritcly white entertainment channel would be the most boring piece of crap ever.

calichix, how do you know it was a pube? By in plain you view, did you mean the hair on the burrito was in plain view or the guy who put the pube on the burrito was in plain view?

Little_Miss_1565
04-02-2006, 08:37 PM
The white man call himself civilized,
Cause he know how to take over,
The white man come to pillage my village,
Now he tell me I have to bend over.

Oh yeah, kill all the white man.

No I don't like the white man up in me,
He rape my people as he rape my country,
Everything I love and cherish, he try to take away,
We will be rid of him, soon come the day.

Oh yeah, kill all the white man,
Oh yeah, kill all the white man.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Just to elaborate on the becoming a citizen thing, there is a grueling number of health tests and background checks the family must submit to, not to mention a wait that's easily over a year, and that's not even taking into consideration how biased they are against would-be citizens that don't have an exact place or job to go to.

Edit: On the other hand, it's the ridiculous number of illegals that's making it extra difficult and causing many more times the bias as there would be.

kamikaze
04-02-2006, 08:40 PM
My argument's flawed because I don't believe white people are superior? Good call, guys. Yes, we are very, very privaledged, and it's not fair. Sure, WET (haha) would be boring, but it'd sure make one hell of a point. And no offense, but what good does illegal immigration bring about? More jobs that Americans can't work because the job can pay less to people who aren't even citizens. The same with out-sourcing. It's not fair to those of us who need jobs and can't find it because America is a bunch of greedy assholes.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 08:43 PM
You totally missed the point.

And another reason that the immigration is a big issue, is that Mexico is actually having a problem with people from Guatemala and El Salvador coming in illegally and doing the things the Mexican illegals in our country are, yet the Mexican government does next to nothing to stop their illegals from entering the US.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Everyone's already heard all the arguments for having WET. Black people already know that many white people make the hypothetical argument for having such a channel. The problem is, nobody cares. The only point that can be made has already been made by countless people like you. But nobody will actually do it because, in execution, it's a shitty idea.

kamikaze
04-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Then please, show me the point. (I'm not trying to be a bitch here.) If Mexico is having such an issue with it, they should be doing things to stop it. And in reality, what is the US doing to stop it? I hear on the news they are putting a stop to it by deporting a few people now and then, but what really are they doing?

XYlophonetreeZ
04-02-2006, 08:46 PM
and doing the things the Mexican illegals in our country are
What are these "things" you speak of?

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 08:47 PM
What are these "things" you speak of?
Just taking jobs and such; all the normal complaints.

kamikaze
04-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Everyone's already heard all the arguments for having WET. Black people already know that many white people make the hypothetical argument for having such a channel. The problem is, nobody cares. The only point that can be made has already been made by countless people like you. But nobody will actually do it because, in execution, it's a shitty idea.

The only reason I feel we should have one is because white people have to take all the heat. Blacks STILL bitch about being slaves, even though not one single person alive today was ever a slave in the US. Yes, slavery was terrible and disgusting and shouldn't be forgotten, but it's time to move on. And take people like Dave Chapelle for an example. He is up on Comedy Central on a weekly basis doing nothing but making racial cracks about white people. I'd like to find one white guy to stand up and do that and live to talk about it. He'd be completely torn to shreds - and THAT is why I think people really just need to move on.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Then please, show me the point. (I'm not trying to be a bitch here.) If Mexico is having such an issue with it, they should be doing things to stop it. And in reality, what is the US doing to stop it? I hear on the news they are putting a stop to it by deporting a few people now and then, but what really are they doing?
The main problem with democracy: efficiency.

They ARE trying to stop it, there are countless bills being written, voted on, thrown down, etc. about it. It's a big issue in any area with a relatively large supposed number, and also a big issue in DC. It will be a big issue in the next elections. The problem is, there are just so many different obstacles that have to be passed with our system before something can be done, not to mention the lack of money in our coffers at the moment due to the war.

Sin Studly
04-02-2006, 09:01 PM
I think that ideas like WET and White History Month are fucking retarded.

But on the flip side, the Poor White Male is the most unrepresented and marginalised minority in the majority-white english-speaking west, and you can't deny this. White males are expected to look after themselves with all their money and power ; as it's assumed we all get a pension from the Patriarchal Caucasian Conspiracy, whilst minority races have countless organisations dedicated to standing up for their rights. Women have countless feminist organisations standing up for them.

But who looks after Toothless Joe the turnip farmer and auto-mechanic in rural Bumfuck, Arkansaw?

Jebus
04-02-2006, 09:13 PM
The only reason I feel we should have one is because white people have to take all the heat. Blacks STILL bitch about being slaves, even though not one single person alive today was ever a slave in the US. Yes, slavery was terrible and disgusting and shouldn't be forgotten, but it's time to move on.
You have no idea how much I hate this ridiculous argument. Black people aren't angry about the slavery as much as they are about the effects of slavery. Poverty levels, ghettos, bad schools in black neighborhoods, etc... are all connected to the history of slavery.

Sunny
04-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Sunny, what would you say is the racial distribution where you live?

well, i live in new york. lol. so it's hard. but i'll try to break it down:

my school, in downtown manhattan... 65-70% asian/pacific islander, 20% caucasian, 5% hispanic (according to their booklet)

place i used to live (upper / upper middle class NYC suburb).. probably 85-90% caucasian.. and some asian population.

lower east side of manhattan, where i also used to live... um. i'd say mostly caucasian, but.. pretty diverse. near a hispanic/black neighborhood.

my new neighborhood (residential nyc neighborhood) is mostly caucasian.

is that what you wanted to know, or did i miss the point entirely? :o

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 09:15 PM
I think that ideas like WET and White History Month are fucking retarded.

But on the flip side, the Poor White Male is the most unrepresented and marginalised minority in the majority-white english-speaking west, and you can't deny this. White males are expected to look after themselves with all their money and power ; as it's assumed we all get a pension from the Patriarchal Caucasian Conspiracy, whilst minority races have countless organisations dedicated to standing up for their rights. Women have countless feminist organisations standing up for them.

But who looks after Toothless Joe the turnip farmer and auto-mechanic in rural Bumfuck, Arkansaw?
That's a great point I missed. Only about 5% of the white population is as rich as the steriotype, and not a huge percent are even "middle class".

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 09:17 PM
*facts*
No, that's what I wanted. I live in a town that last I heard a few years ago was 65% Hispanic, and it's done nothing but grow since then. My highschool is 75%ish. Hispanics all but own this town. All the stuff you see about lack of representation is only because of how few there are near you.

Sunny
04-02-2006, 09:18 PM
The only reason I feel we should have one is because white people have to take all the heat. Blacks STILL bitch about being slaves, even though not one single person alive today was ever a slave in the US. Yes, slavery was terrible and disgusting and shouldn't be forgotten, but it's time to move on.

they will "move on" once they stop feeling the lingering effects of it.

also, i think justin made a really good point about the poor white male. bep.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Actually I think Bumfuck is in Kansas, but the point stands.

kamikaze
04-02-2006, 09:23 PM
You have no idea how much I hate this ridiculous argument. Black people aren't angry about the slavery as much as they are about the effects of slavery. Poverty levels, ghettos, bad schools in black neighborhoods, etc... are all connected to the history of slavery.

Then please explain to me why, even the black kids in my school, make it a point to let everyone know what their ancestors went through? I've heard it at least 20 times this year alone. No, not all black people are like that. But what about all the successful blacks in America? They don't bitch about being black or the fact that they probably had slaves for great great grandparents.

And, please, have you ever seen that show "Black or White" ? I was watching it the other day out of morbid curosity. If you haven't, it's basically where a white guy and a black guy change lives for a while. Well, the black guy claimed that he was "treated much better" than he was when he was himself. The white guy, as the black guy, noticed no sort of discrimination, and the black guy actually argued with him about it. Again, not the entire black population, but I've seen enough of it around here to piss me the fuck off.

In quite a few colleges, it's easier to make it in if you're a minority, even if you don't deserve your place there. Grove City college will accept minorities and children of alumni before they'll accept a person who has the best record of anyone in the whole United States. And that, to me, is wrong. It's almost anti-discrimination. I think that if someone deserves a position, they should get it. It shouldn't be about filling a minority-quota, in my opinion.

Little_Miss_1565
04-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Actually I think Bumfuck is in Kansas, but the point stands.

I'm sorry, point of fact---Bumfuck is actually in Egypt, and I believe they call it "Buttfuck."

kamikaze
04-02-2006, 09:24 PM
they will "move on" once they stop feeling the lingering effects of it.

Such as?

*10*

Little_Miss_1565
04-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Such as?

Racism, for one--hard to forget that blacks were once slaves in this country when there are some people who treat you like an ex-slave every day. There are many, though, who harp on the history of slavery as though the world owes them personally something.

Sunny
04-02-2006, 09:30 PM

holy christ, i was born and raised in Europe, in a racially homogenous country (90% or so Caucasian), and *i* can see it... yet you're American and you can't?

where do you live?

do you pay any attention to politics? or to the distribution of wealth/power? or the concept of racial stereotyping? or hell, even police/court records?

kamikaze
04-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Racism, for one--hard to forget that blacks were once slaves in this country when there are some people who treat you like an ex-slave every day. There are many, though, who harp on the history of slavery as though the world owes them personally something.

Racism is a huge deal, I know. I see it a lot around here. But then again, I've been called a cracker too many times to count. Is that racism towards me?

Sunny
04-02-2006, 09:32 PM
There are many, though, who harp on the history of slavery as though the world owes them personally something.

indeed, and i can't stand that. i hate when people act like *i* personally put *them* in chains, or like i represent the oppressive/racist system just because i'm white. leave me the fuck alone, i say. i didn't do anything to you. ugh.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry, point of fact---Bumfuck is actually in Egypt, and I believe they call it "Buttfuck."

Bumfuck is the American sister-city. Assfuck, India has no relation what-so-ever though.

kamikaze

holy christ, i was born and raised in Europe, in a racially homogenous country (90% or so Caucasian), and *i* can see it... yet you're American and you can't?

where do you live?

do you pay any attention to politics? or to the distribution of wealth/power? or the concept of racial stereotyping? or hell, even police/court records?

No, I do see it. Quite often. And I'm completely against it. But I don't think it gives anyone the right to retaliate against people who have no part/control over the situation.

Sunny
Racism is a huge deal, I know. I see it a lot around here. But then again, I've been called a cracker too many times to count. Is that racism towards me?

there's a slight difference between "cracker" and "nigger". and no, not the skin tone. the implications the term carries.. and the history behind them.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Cracker is more of a developed nickname, while nigger is usually just as harmless, it has a stronger background. The strongest racial term these days is probably wetback, meaning hispanics.

kamikaze
04-02-2006, 09:35 PM
there's a slight difference between "cracker" and "nigger". and no, not the skin tone. the implications the term carries.. and the history behind them.

I'm not arguing with you in the slightest. I flip anytime I hear someone say the n-word. But I really don't enjoy it when I'm trying to be nice to someone, only to be called a "little fuckin' cracker" in return. That, to me, is racism.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 09:36 PM
If you flip every time you hear it, you're just as wrong as they are. You really have to take it in context.

Jebus
04-02-2006, 09:37 PM
no, because that's not racism. This post (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=721403&postcount=90) basically sums it up.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 09:39 PM
I don't agree with that, Jebus. When you hate a person for being a certain race regardless of what they've done, and hate that race all together and don't care to judge individuals, that's racism, no matter what race you are or what race you hate.

kamikaze
04-02-2006, 09:41 PM
If you flip every time you hear it, you're just as wrong as they are. You really have to take it in context.

I don't say a word if one black kid says it to another. No, I don't like the term, but let them say what they wish to one another. Obviously, they're not understanding what the term was originally used for. And, if they do, what a way to still consider themselves as such.

I currently attend a very rural school where the black population is MAYBE 15 kids. And the number of those kids who aren't mixed is probably less than 8. I have to hear redneck fuckheads walking through the hall wishing the school wasn't being "contaminated" by "those fucking [n-words]" THAT is wrong, and I will open my mouth when I hear that.

kamikaze
04-02-2006, 09:42 PM
no, because that's not racism. This post (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=721403&postcount=90) basically sums it up.

All right. So, if two black kids decide they don't like me because my skin is too white for them and beat the hell out of me, that's not a hate crime, right? Racism is against ANY racial group, reguardless of who's in "power."

Jebus
04-02-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't agree with that, Jebus. When you hate a person for being a certain race regardless of what they've done, and hate that race all together and don't care to judge individuals, that's racism, no matter what race you are or what race you hate.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=721417&postcount=93
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=721437&postcount=97
because I'm lazy and hate repeating myself.

Mota Boy
04-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Bumfuck, Arkansaw?
*Bumfuck, Arkansas

Sunny
04-02-2006, 09:45 PM
well, not to play deliberately dense here, but:

"racism - Discrimination or prejudice based on race."

therefore, whether it's white people discriminating against black people, asian people vs white people, hispanic people vs asian people.. it's still racism by its very definition. some groups have more potential and ability to express and practice their racism (which is abominable) but the concept remains the same.

'reverse' racism and 'reverse' sexism (women being sexist towards men) do exist. the group in power isn't the only one that can be prejudiced and hateful on the basis of race or gender. as an example, misandry is essentially the same thing as misogyny. the latter might be more widespread or influential, yes, but that doesn't make the former ok.

prejudice and hatred are always the same thing, no matter whether you have the power to act on them or not.

kamikaze
04-02-2006, 09:45 PM
well, not to play deliberately dense here, but:

"racism - Discrimination or prejudice based on race."

therefore, whether it's white people discriminating against black people, asian people vs white people, hispanic people vs asian people.. it's still racism by its very definition. some groups have more potential and ability to express and practice their racism (which is abominable) but the concept remains the same.

'reverse' racism and 'reverse' sexism (women being sexist towards men) do exist. the group in power isn't the only one that can be prejudiced and hateful on the basis of race or gender. as an example, misandry is essentially the same thing as misogyny. the latter might be more widespread or influential, yes, but that doesn't make the former ok.

prejudice and hatred are always the same thing, no matter whether you have the power to act on them or not.

A-fucking-men. *love*

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2006, 09:51 PM
White isn't a race. What the fuck is wrong with people? It's the most basic thing people should know, and people STILL bring out the whole "wel isnt it racism wen cracker say 2?!?!!"

All right. So, if two black kids decide they don't like me because my skin is too white for them and beat the hell out of me, that's not a hate crime, right? Racism is against ANY racial group, reguardless of who's in "power."

See that bolded part? Where the HELL did that come from? Just 'cause it's not racism doesn't mean it's not a hate crime.

And again, white isn't a racial group. Sorry.

Sunny
04-02-2006, 09:55 PM
kamikaze, thanks. :]

and Jebus..

Any word with ism in the end usually involves a type of institution like Rag Doll mentioned. It's not as simple as just being prejudiced.

are you familiar with the SCUM Manifesto (Society for Cutting Up Men) by Valerie Solanas, which contains quotes such as this:

"Every man, deep down, knows he's a worthless piece of shit. Overwhelmed by a sense of animalism and deeply ashamed of it; wanting, not to express himself, but to hide from others his total physicality"

"Every male's deep-seated, secret, most hideous fear is of being discovered to be not a female, but a male, a subhuman animal."

can you honestly tell me you do not find it to be a SEXIST and misandrist piece of work? just because there is no matriarchal institution behind it?

The shadow
04-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Lolz, wrong forum!!!11!1!!

Sunny
04-02-2006, 09:57 PM
stfu. had this been posted in the politics forum, i would've never read it.

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2006, 09:58 PM
can you honestly tell me you do not find it to be a SEXIST and misandrist piece of work? just because there is no matriarchal institution behind it?

I can.

That doesn't deny the fact that what she said is horribly misinformed, that doesn't imply that men shouldn't be OFFENDED by it, that doesn't say that the person who wrote this should be completely banished from the universe...it just points out that it aint sexist.

Just because the WORDS are different, doesn't mean it's any worse or any better. But the -isms are quite specific, and this just isn't sexism.

The shadow
04-02-2006, 09:59 PM
stfu. had this been posted in the politics forum, i would've never read it.

I know. I was trying to be funny. It didnīt work. Dammit.

Sin Studly
04-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Sunny, the terms "reverse racism" are ridiculous. Racism is racism, no matter which way it's sent. Shit, it's not like the whities invented racism, even in Africa it took fucking decades before the Matabele started hating whites more than they hated the other "inferior" tribes around them.

And yeah, white isn't a race ; gallic, celtic, slavic, nordic, hellenic, anglo, saxon, caucasian, baltic ; these are races. But for the layman, it's easier to just group them all into the catagory of "white"

And Sunny, you forgot to mention that the Solanas wasn't only the president of SCUM, but it's only member.

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2006, 10:02 PM

Yeah, but racism and hatred are usually NOT the same thing, and prejudice and racism are quite distinct too.

Prejudice is to "prejudge" (which is obvious in the word too), racism is an exercise of some sort of power, and hatred falls into both categories, but not always. For example (and I apologize for giving such a weak example, I'm just exhausted right now), the idiots who say things like "Well, I don't mean to be racist but black people just don't deserve to work!" are clearly racists even if they truly DO love every single black person they know.

Sunny
04-02-2006, 10:02 PM
...but by saying this, you are introducing a new definition of those isms, which is "prejudice backed up by an oppressive system".

i suppose you're saying discrimination cannot happen without the power to discriminate, but to me, making harmful and ignorant assumptions (ie: all men are worthless shits) and dismissing the value of the individual BASED on those assumptions IS discrimination.

oh man i just gave myself a headache. but um. does that make sense?

Sunny
04-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Sunny, the terms "reverse racism" are ridiculous. Racism is racism, no matter which way it's sent.

which is why i originally put "reverse" in quotes. ;p

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Hatred: Open hate towards a person or group for any reason.

Prejudice: Prejudging a person or group without investigating for yourself

Racism: Hatred towards a whole race with no exceptions, whether with a reason or not.

Reverse Racism: Obsolete term for racism.

**My views.

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2006, 10:10 PM
...but by saying this, you are introducing a new definition of those isms, which is "prejudice backed up by an oppressive system".

Actually, it's not new at all. This has always been the case, but not how it's always been used by people who don't discuss these things as much.

i suppose you're saying discrimination cannot happen without the power to discriminate

Well, by true social definition, this is the truth.

but to me, making harmful and ignorant assumptions (ie: all men are worthless shits) and dismissing the value of the individual BASED on those assumptions IS discrimination.

It's dangerous and despicable, that's for sure, but without that power, it's not quite discrimination. I don't see how men have been hurt by things like SCUM or questionable stereotypes disseminated in women controlled print and tv-media since that institutional power remains non-existent for women. In the overwhelming majority of cases, men still hold higher work positions, make better pay, and basically control everything even with the harmful and ignorant assumptions we've been "victims" of, y'know?

I think I'ma get a headache too now. Ergh.

Jebus
04-02-2006, 10:11 PM
kamikaze, thanks. :]

and Jebus..

are you familiar with the SCUM Manifesto (Society for Cutting Up Men) by Valerie Solanas, which contains quotes such as this:

"Every man, deep down, knows he's a worthless piece of shit. Overwhelmed by a sense of animalism and deeply ashamed of it; wanting, not to express himself, but to hide from others his total physicality"

"Every male's deep-seated, secret, most hideous fear is of being discovered to be not a female, but a male, a subhuman animal."

I just wikied the thing. There's only one person in it. If there was a whole organization such as the KKk, who have some power and influence, then yes but in this case no. It is misandrist though. In conclusion, she was just a crazy bitch.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-02-2006, 10:13 PM
And yeah, white isn't a race ; gallic, celtic, slavic, nordic, hellenic, anglo, saxon, caucasian, baltic ; these are races. But for the layman, it's easier to just group them all into the catagory of "white"
I agree, and furthermore, that's what anti-whites (yes, they do exist, no matter what the PC term-of-the-month is to call them), generally do. When you say that white isn't a single race, then you're playing a different game than the anti-whites are, and that's just dumb. Like it or not, in our society in the US, "White" is all that matters.

Also, if "sexism" only applies to discrimination towards women, then "sexism" is a sexist term itself. Dictionary.com defines it as "Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women." So there may already be a trace of inequality there.

Little_Miss_1565
04-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Could someone please e-mail me an MP3 of "Kill all the White Man"? I'll attach it to this thread. ;)

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 10:20 PM
"Hey Jorge, can I borrow a dollar for lunch?"

"maaan, you're white, what you need money for?"

Stuff like that bugs me. He's kind of a friend, yet isn't joking at all, and judges me as if I were exactly like every other "white" person out there.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Well, this Jorge character should be more sensitive, but he's still young and probably a bit immature about it. How do you think he'd react if you were to tell him he were giving his ENTIRE RACE a bad name by saying that? It would probably be pretty huge.

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Poor whitey :(

Jk, jk. You should just tell him, straight up, that it makes you feel uncomfortable when he does that shit. Seriously. Don't compare it to when people make comments like that about his race, cause it aint the same, but just be straightforward and tell him that there's more to you than being white.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Oh I don't care at all. I'm just saying it's that kind of judging, even though it's not racist, is annoying. I just shrug it off whenever he or anyone else says something of that sort. Sooner or later I'm going to go into a tangent about it, and he's not going to understand it, and I'm going to feel stupid; although I know it's inevitable.

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Oh.

If it's not a problem, then it's not a problem. But if it becomes one, do what I suggest.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Well it annoys me to no end, because of the ignorance, but it doesn't actually hurt me in the sense that you thought (I think). I know that he wouldn't understand if I said anything, and wouldn't even try to, so I'm not going to bother. And that was just an example; plenty of Hispanics do stuff like that all the time, and I don't feel like giving a lecture to each one.

wheelchairman
04-02-2006, 10:44 PM
LOL new signature!

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 10:47 PM
LOL new signature!
Where did she say that?

I missed it =(

Jebus
04-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Sometimes I really hate bringing up the whole ism argument. Every time I bring it up, someone(kami) brings an extreme example of some sort of hate crime or prejudiced comment. Then they ask me if thatís racist as if Iím denying the severity of the example. Iím not doing that at all because that's not my point. Iím arguing the terminology not the severity. Then again, you could just argue back that Iím making the whole ism definition up. Iím just a high school student with no credibility so there really isnít anything I could do to convince you people(sunny). Thatís why I sort of left it to Rick there to argue for me because heís in college and is studying the subject matter, making him credible.

Then please explain to me why, even the black kids in my school, make it a point to let everyone know what their ancestors went through? I've heard it at least 20 times this year alone. No, not all black people are like that. But what about all the successful blacks in America? They don't bitch about being black or the fact that they probably had slaves for great great grandparents."
You just mentioned there were only like 15 black kids in your school. When you're as alienated as them, you have show some sort of pride for you culture, ancestors, and history. I don't blame them for bringing up that argument. I didn't mean to say the effects were the only thing they were mad about. Of course, the slavery itself is also important.

coke_a_holic
04-02-2006, 10:58 PM
This reminds me of a long time ago (a week ago) when a black girl called me a, and I quote, "A tall white motherfucker" because I wouldn't give her a piece of food that I had bought for my friend so that he'd have time to eat after he made up a quiz. I even explained this, that the food wasn't mine. I don't think this is how all black people act, as a matter of fact, I know it isn't, I was just reminded of it because of all this discussion and felt like sharing. I hope you enjoyed my tangent, please, continue.

EDIT: I'm also going to use this time to mention that the reason she called me tall is because I'm 6'2" and therefore better than all of you in every way. :cool:

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2006, 10:58 PM
I mean no offense to kamikaze whatsoever in the advice I'm going to give Jebus right now:

But that thing you just quoted? It's just so ignorant and...I'm trying NOT to say stupid, but it's getting difficult, so I'll just say that it's best to move on, because that's something you can't explain over the 'net.

Jebus
04-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Rick, I agree, but I'm happy spreading whatever little awareness and information I could manage over the net. Hopefully, we atleast got something through kami's head tonight no matter how insignificant the advice is as a whole.

T-6005
04-02-2006, 11:28 PM
You just mentioned there were only like 15 black kids in your school. When you're as alienated as them, you have show some sort of pride for you culture, ancestors, and history. I don't blame them for bringing up that argument. I didn't mean to say the effects were the only thing they were mad about. Of course, the slavery itself is also important.
You know, the way people view themselves and what they make people do change. Do you honestly believe that white people can't be discriminated against?

You know, I was going to throw a personal anecdote in here, but there's really no need for it. I just want to say that there's definitely no need to find refuge in your culture or "race," even if you are different. Sometimes it's just promoting what makes you mad in the first place.

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2006, 11:30 PM
I just want to say that there's definitely no need to find refuge in your culture or "race," even if you are different.

That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay easier for a white person to say, as it really only applies to them. Seriously. Read some Arthur Schomburg, because he explains it better than I could ever hope to.

Jebus
04-02-2006, 11:31 PM
You know, the way people view themselves and what they make people do change. Do you honestly believe that white people can't be discriminated against?.
I do believe white people can be discriminated againt, but discrimination does not equal racism which is my whole point.

T-6005
04-02-2006, 11:32 PM
That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay easier for a white person to say, as it really only applies to them. Seriously. Read some Arthur Schomburg, because he explains it better than I could ever hope to.
It's easier for a white person growing up in the West to say.

I didn't do that. I wasn't one of 7,500 white kids who grew up around the 15 black people in my school in some town in Northern Connecticut.

I just want to point that out.

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2006, 11:32 PM
discrimination does not equal racism

Exactly, and like I said earlier, they're quite distinct. If they were the same, we really wouldn't have a separate word...

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 11:33 PM
If they were the same, we really wouldn't have a separate word...

You have no idea how many times I've said that in one place or another. Phrase stealer.

T-6005
04-02-2006, 11:35 PM
I do believe white people can be discriminated againt, but discrimination does not equal racism which is my whole point.
I'll concede this point - but I think I have to admit that I'm somewhat drunk and didn't read the rest of this thread before I replied.

kamikaze
04-03-2006, 05:18 AM
Before anyone gets the wrong idea about my current schooling situation, I'm going to let you know about the last school I went to. For the first 9 years of my education, I was in a school that was around 80% black. I wasn't raised in this sorry excuse for a school. So, please, don't think I'm some sort of ignorant hick arguing for attention's sake.

And as for you Jebus, that's your view. I'm not accepting your point that racism can't exist against "whites." Racism isn't just towards a smaller group. It's hatred. And that exists everywhere and against everyone. So, the black guy called me a cracker. He was generalizing my Irish/Russian/English/German/Ukranian background. It's a lot easier to sum all of us into one category - it makes name-calling a lot easier.

And furthermore, I'm not trying to be an ass about any of this. I just really can't see your view & have it make sense to me.

Sin Studly
04-03-2006, 05:28 AM
Ignore him, he's a beaner. He doesn't understand logic and reason. Just ask him why he loves to drink tequila watch fat spic women penetrated by donkeys at the burra show, and he won't be able to stutter out a semblence of a reasonable answer. But I guarantee the answer will include "because white people are bad" somewhere along the line.

Dang beaners.

wheelchairman
04-03-2006, 05:38 AM
Before anyone gets the wrong idea about my current schooling situation, I'm going to let you know about the last school I went to. For the first 9 years of my education, I was in a school that was around 80% black. I wasn't raised in this sorry excuse for a school. So, please, don't think I'm some sort of ignorant hick arguing for attention's sake.

And as for you Jebus, that's your view. I'm not accepting your point that racism can't exist against "whites." Racism isn't just towards a smaller group. It's hatred. And that exists everywhere and against everyone. So, the black guy called me a cracker. He was generalizing my Irish/Russian/English/German/Ukranian background. It's a lot easier to sum all of us into one category - it makes name-calling a lot easier.

And furthermore, I'm not trying to be an ass about any of this. I just really can't see your view & have it make sense to me.
It's a simple thought process.

There are two kinds of racism, the racism of a more powerful race against the other, and the racism of the weaker (in terms of general position in society) against the stronger.

One of these kinds of racism is progressive and leads to improved social conditions, the other is direct exploitation and degressive by all means.

Sure it sucks to be white and hated by everybody. But then again, I'm sure glad I'm not black and lived in a ghetto. I would by all means prefer my situation.

The ones who really get buttfucked by society is the poor white man, like Justin said. There is no interest group for poor white Uncle Bob. His racism in my opinion, is also understandable, I'd be pissed too. However things like the KKK are unacceptable, and you don't hear about the black KKK.

Lower class crime will always exist, because it's lower class, black/white/mexican, I don't care. Intentionally engineering the oppression of one race and keeping them lower class, however should be stopped.

kamikaze
04-03-2006, 05:47 AM
I understand that, but my point isn't the degree of the people who hate others. It's the fact that anyone can hate anyone because of their skin color, creed, sex, etc. (Before one of you guys tries to tell me I'm stupid, I'm fully aware those don't all have to do with racism. Thanks.) I'm not arguing with you at all.

And saying that only black people live in the ghetto is wrong. There are whites, Mexicans, Asians, etc. in the same situation. I grew up for the first 7 years of my life in a shitty, run-down trailor park. That was a type of ghetto. No one has the right to hate people due to their current living situation. Just because a black man lives in a ghetto doesn't mean he has any right to hate me for it.

kamikaze
04-03-2006, 05:48 AM
Ignore him, he's a beaner. He doesn't understand logic and reason. Just ask him why he loves to drink tequila watch fat spic women penetrated by donkeys at the burra show, and he won't be able to stutter out a semblence of a reasonable answer. But I guarantee the answer will include "because white people are bad" somewhere along the line.

Dang beaners.

I honestly love how you can completely void an entire thread in just a few sentenses. You, Justin, are truly a work of art. :)

wheelchairman
04-03-2006, 05:58 AM
I understand that, but my point isn't the degree of the people who hate others. It's the fact that anyone can hate anyone because of their skin color, creed, sex, etc. (Before one of you guys tries to tell me I'm stupid, I'm fully aware those don't all have to do with racism. Thanks.) I'm not arguing with you at all.

And saying that only black people live in the ghetto is wrong. There are whites, Mexicans, Asians, etc. in the same situation. I grew up for the first 7 years of my life in a shitty, run-down trailor park. That was a type of ghetto. No one has the right to hate people due to their current living situation. Just because a black man lives in a ghetto doesn't mean he has any right to hate me for it.
I mentioned the fact that there are poor white people. So no, no one said that only blacks live in ghettoes. I would appreciate it that when you say you understand what I am saying, you actually mean it.

This does not change the fact that there is a disproportionately higher amount of blacks and mexicans people in poverty than whites. A heavy concentration of an all black/mexican ghetto area only breeds poverty, since leaving this class is extremely difficult in the American setting.

And I'm not sure what your point is exactly, that hate exists? That racism isn't any worse than any other kind of hate?

Sin Studly
04-03-2006, 06:01 AM
However things like the KKK are unacceptable, and you don't hear about the black KKK.

Never heard of the Black Panthers? Minister Farrakhan? Bobo Ashanti? Nation of Islam?

wheelchairman
04-03-2006, 06:06 AM
Never heard of the Black Panthers? Minister Farrakhan? Bobo Ashanti? Nation of Islam?
The Black Panthers no longer exist. And they certainly weren't lynchers. They were what was needed.

Minister Farrakhan is the leader of the NoI so you shouldn't differentiate. And I don't believe they are particularly active these years, although I don't know. Again their lynch rate is still significantly lower. Even if they are completely insane.

And actually, no I never heard of Bobo Ashanti.

Sin Studly
04-03-2006, 06:12 AM
There's the New Black Panther Party now. And lynching is a thing of the past for the KKK. Now they're just a fairly pansy white seperatist militia. And my apologies, I thought Farrakhan was with that Moorish Temple of America.

wheelchairman
04-03-2006, 06:15 AM
He might've switched. The last thing I read about him was from the late 90's. No wiki says he is NoI.

You're right though, the KKK is more of a special-interests group now. It's the neo-nazis who are attacking minorities.

And of recent interest is those moronic minutemen in America, MS-16. Using any excuse to shoot brownie.

Sin Studly
04-03-2006, 06:46 AM
I always had a soft spot for the Aryan Republican Army.

wheelchairman
04-03-2006, 06:47 AM
You and I Justin, are two very different kinds of socialist.

nieh
04-03-2006, 07:33 AM
I didn't read past the first page but regarding the whole White Entertainment Television thing...are WB, NBC, Fox and ABC not good enough? I mean, I agree it's a bit lame that the station is called Black Entertainment Television when someone would never get away with making something actually called White Entertainment Television, but the fact that there's a station that caters to their sub-culture is great considering us whites get about 99% of all the other channels.

And take people like Dave Chapelle for an example. He is up on Comedy Central on a weekly basis doing nothing but making racial cracks about white people. I'd like to find one white guy to stand up and do that and live to talk about it. He'd be completely torn to shreds - and THAT is why I think people really just need to move on.

Sarah Silverman.

JohnnyNemesis
04-03-2006, 07:55 AM
Racism isn't just towards a smaller group. It's hatred.

Racism and hatred are NOT identical.

calichix
04-03-2006, 11:19 AM
EVERY freakin TV station is White Entertainment TV.

and every month is White History Month.

we aren't superior, we're unfairly priviledged.

you said it all, m'lady.

Jebus- the pube was directly on top of the burrito so it was impossible to miss.

This thread has become incredibly annoying. You know when people make points that are just too fucking stupid to dignify with a response? That happened.

Sin Studly
04-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Sarah Silverman.

Kykes are not white people.

JohnnyNemesis
04-03-2006, 07:02 PM
And take people like Dave Chapelle for an example. He is up on Comedy Central on a weekly basis doing nothing but making racial cracks about white people. I'd like to find one white guy to stand up and do that and live to talk about it. He'd be completely torn to shreds - and THAT is why I think people really just need to move on.

The world of comedy is not a microcosm of society, but since you chose that example:

I went to a comedy club two weeks ago, and 4 out of the 5 comedians there were white.

Their entire routine consisted of them making pretty harsh jokes about Asians, Blacks, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, and Muslims. Jokes about terrorism, black athleticism aiding them in crimes, smelly Puerto Ricans, uneducated Dominicans, etc.

The entire crowd, which was nonwhite, simply laughed their asses off all night.

Oh, and this happens damn near every Friday night, because I go to comedy clubs quite often (yayz for living in NYC), so I think I've seen a few hundred not only not be torn to shreds, but commended for their racist jokes.

Assumptions are funnies.

Either way, it looks like this is going nowhere, so I guess we should just end this. Circles are bein' run.

Jebus
04-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Jebus- the pube was directly on top of the burrito so it was impossible to miss.
I can't tell the difference between a pube and a regular hair. You have quite the talent there.

Let me sum it all up for you. I do believe minorities could discriminate and be prejudice against whites. I'm not arguing that because I completely agree. Here's that part that you don't understand. Racism does not mean discrimination, hatred, and prejudice in the same way that dog does not mean cat. Racism needs to be backed up by an institution that has some sort of influence and power in order for it to be racism. The word racism has been thrown around where it doesn't belong so aften that it has pratically become slang. Listen to what Rick has said. He's majoring in English/Latino Studies so chances are he knows what he's talking about.

For the love god, please tell me you at least understand(not agree) my point and I'll just end it.

Sin Studly
04-03-2006, 11:54 PM
That would be "institutionalised racism", Jebus.

calichix
04-07-2006, 04:10 PM
is your hair short, curly, and black?