PDA

View Full Version : Ramones Biopic?

Lithuanian Offspring
04-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Given the recent expolsion of mindless biopics, why couldn't they make one about the Ramones? I heard they're making one of Jimi Hendrix, with Andre 3000. That should be cool, but I wanna see one about the Ramones. It would be a daunting task to find someone as hideous as Joey Ramone, but they could always use Anjelica Huston...

Andy
04-03-2006, 04:48 AM
They have, although it was an independant release some time a year or so back. Apparently it was pretty good, but only shown in a couple of cinema's nationwide in the UK. It can probably be found on the net somewhere.

They wouldn't make a big Hollywood-style film of that band though; as good and influential as they were, they didn't make half as big a impact as Hendrix.

Lithuanian Offspring
04-03-2006, 04:53 AM
I'm not debating on the importance of the Ramones and Hendrix... What's the Ramones biopic called?

Jakebert
04-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I dunno if I'd want to see one or not. I've read Dee Dee's autobiography, and it took a lot of respect that I had for them away, and I'm thinking if a movie goes in an honest direction, it'll do the same.