PDA

View Full Version : What's the World Coming To?

- -Lauren- -
04-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Something is wrong with the world these days. Actually, not something, but just about nearly everything. Post extra if you care to.

On Friday night, at the Kids Choice Awards (there was nothing else on, and I like award shows) there were four nominees for best male artist.
1. Bow Wow
2. Will Smith
3. Nelly
4. Jesse McCartney

anyone see anything wrong with this list? It seems that there is no good music playing these days. Rock is being shadowed behind this crap. Shadowed behind rap. And when you think of all the messages that rap sends, sex, violence, and money, it's not a good influence.

Another example. Bush's approval ratings are at an all-time low. Our economy is in enormous debt, and the president is not making good decisions. Kicking him out of the office, anyone?

And my last example, more bad influences.
Look at the idols these days. Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simpson...and the rest. They party all the time, they get in car wrecks, they make sex tapes. Is this what we want young girls to idolize?

I started thinking about this a few days ago.
Add on if you care to.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Something is wrong with the world these days.
Yeah, you're making threads.

- -Lauren- -
04-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Yeah, you're making threads.

haha ha ha ha. oh how funny you are.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
04-03-2006, 04:22 PM
On Friday night, at the Kids Choice Awards (there was nothing else on, and I like award shows) there were four nominees for best male artist.
1. Bow Wow
2. Will Smith
3. Nelly
4. Jesse McCartney

anyone see anything wrong with this list? It seems that there is no good music playing these days. Rock is being shadowed behind this crap. Shadowed behind rap. And when you think of all the messages that rap sends, sex, violence, and money, it's not a good influence.

And my last example, more bad influences.
Look at the idols these days. Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simpson...and the rest. They party all the time, they get in car wrecks, they make sex tapes. Is this what we want young girls to idolize?

Okay well... one thing is... it is the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards. They have to suck.
--
And who says they are influences? Sure, in myspaces you see these girls in the "Who I'd Like To Meet" section all the time but I have never seen them in the "Heroes" section.

Kill Boy Power Head
04-03-2006, 04:22 PM
If ur that stupid that you wont tell me how to post a thread u dont deserve to listen to the offspring alot of there lyrics tell you to help thoses in need

Tired_Of_You
04-03-2006, 04:25 PM
I started thinking about this a few days ago.Think at least for a few months before doing a thread next time.

Your arguments about rap are so stupid. You seem to be another one of these "rap is crap". You either don't know anything about rap and/or you generalize too much. You probably base your opinion on the few bands you've heard on MTV or on any other music channels you have. Not all rap bands talk exclusively about sex, money, etc.

HeadAroundU
04-03-2006, 04:26 PM
If ur that stupid that you wont tell me how to post a thread u dont deserve to listen to the offspring alot of there lyrics tell you to help thoses in need
lolz ............. :D

ok I'll help to you because you made me lolz . Go to general offspring discussion and click "New thread" button.

- -Lauren- -
04-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Okay well... one thing is... it is the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards. They have to suck.
--
And who says they are influences? Sure, in myspaces you see these girls in the "Who I'd Like To Meet" section all the time but I have never seen them in the "Heroes" section.

yes they do suck. but people are voting on them.

and how are they NOT influences? they are all you hear about and read about in the magazines. they are all over TV. when was the last time you heard a kid say they wanted to be a UNICEF ambassador? or help out in the community? i havent heard it in a long time.

ruroken
04-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Previously Offspring-Fanatic
OOOOOOOHHHHHH that explains why you suck so much.

- -Lauren- -
04-03-2006, 04:28 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

oh my god.....this is incredibly funny.

Conspiracy of One
04-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Never, nor have I heard one say "I want to make a sex tape, just like Paris!" Just because they get alot of publication doesn't mean they're role models.

- -Lauren- -
04-03-2006, 04:29 PM
OOOOOOOHHHHHH that explains why you suck so much.

hmm..i specifically remember seeing a "ruroken haters" club
and you're telling me that i suck?

wow thats a laugh.

ruroken
04-03-2006, 04:31 PM
hmm..i specifically remember seeing a "ruroken haters" club
and you're telling me that i suck?

You mean "Ruroken Sucks Mass Ass"? Because I made that, you idiot. Also, anyone making serious hate groups on MySpace is pathetic.

- -Lauren- -
04-03-2006, 04:31 PM
mmmkay I'm getting a lot of negativity here.
I thought someone would agree with me.

Now on second thoughts, you guys have a point. (ruroken, not you)
Just because they have publication, doesn't mean they're role models.
We all have different opinions on things.

Close thread.

ruroken
04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
No, no, nobody's going to close the thread. You have to keep getting negativity for being an idiot. That's how it works. Funny you haven't learned that by now.

Tired_Of_You
04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
What about your comments on rap music?

- -Lauren- -
04-03-2006, 04:35 PM
No, no, nobody's going to close the thread. You have to keep getting negativity for being an idiot. That's how it works. Funny you haven't learned that by now.

well i just admitted my stupidity and how i should have thought about it more. But i have my opinions, and you have yours. alright?

funny, i thought YOU would have learned that by now.

Tired_Of_You
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Am I invisible?

That_Guy91
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Am I invisible?
Yes .

Tired_Of_You
04-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Haha. You're funny.
now I'm REALLY invisible, LOLZ!

Endymion
04-03-2006, 04:46 PM
rap music? they should call it crap music!

Tired_Of_You
04-03-2006, 04:46 PM
How do they say that? You can't spell crap without rap? lolz! hihi.

Conspiracy of One
04-03-2006, 04:50 PM
That saying only sounds vaguely familiar!

- -Lauren- -
04-03-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm not like "OMGZ I HATE RAP MUSIK 4EVER!"
i yes, do not like rap music, but more importantly what i dont like is the messages it sends and what they rap about.

Tired_Of_You
04-03-2006, 04:52 PM
You obviously didn't understand what I said in my first post.

ninthlayer
04-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Yeah, why can't rap music be about positive things like hating everything, assassinating government officials, and firebombing your neighbors?

Jakebert
04-03-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm not like "OMGZ I HATE RAP MUSIK 4EVER!"
i yes, do not like rap music, but more importantly what i dont like is the messages it sends and what they rap about.

And rock doesn't talk about the same things? A lot of rock has heavy drug references, alcohol references, and sex references. It's about the same as rap, really. Music just tends to be about those things because kids want to buy is and most popular musicians are drug addicts in some form or another. If you want clean sanitized music, may I suggest the Backstreet Boys?

JohnnyNemesis
04-03-2006, 05:10 PM
haha ha ha ha. oh how funny you are.

Actually, what he said was hilarious, while absolutely nothing you kicked off this thread with made any sense whatsoever.

0r4ng3
04-03-2006, 05:23 PM
rap music? they should call it crap music!
lolz rap stands for retards attempting poetry lolz amirite? i am so rite.

endlesst0m
04-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, well most rap fucking sucks.

And yes, I've tried to find different rap artists other then what is popular on the radio. It still mostly sucks. You can't convince me otherwise.

T-6005
04-03-2006, 05:41 PM
I haven't said it in a long time.

But this thread deserves it - it makes me
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/thibaultk/x1p1LYvM2cVP1E1XBUt0uHuB93mqKZxEL2A.jpg
Le SAD.

endlesst0m
04-03-2006, 05:50 PM
And rock doesn't talk about the same things? A lot of rock has heavy drug references, alcohol references, and sex references. It's about the same as rap, really. Music just tends to be about those things because kids want to buy is and most popular musicians are drug addicts in some form or another. If you want clean sanitized music, may I suggest the Backstreet Boys?

Personally, I think there's A LOT more rap artists that sing about that shit than rock artists. Then again, a lot of rappers come from poor area's, and are exposed to a lot of that stuff. Still, I would expect more of them to eventually move on, and write about other things.

JohnnyNemesis
04-03-2006, 06:33 PM
I didn't even notice all the rap defending in this thread, especially from Jakebert. You're all making me proud.

Personally, I think there's A LOT more rap artists that sing about that shit than rock artists.

That's just plain factually incorrect.

And, also, the difference is that rappers talk about these horrible things, while these rockers actually DO it. Funny how those examples don't gain as much national media attention.

You're just so horribly biased that most don't feel the motivation to have to put on the Kindergarten teacher tone and explain it all to you. So please, no offense, but let's not go down this path again, because everytime we bring the facts, you bring your opinions, and it gets boring.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah, why can't rap music be about positive things like hating everything, assassinating government officials, and firebombing your neighbors?

Lauren, you just got MC OWNED. Can't touch ninth!

JohnnyNemesis
04-03-2006, 07:12 PM
http://adamhopkinson.co.uk/wp-content/images/stop.jpg

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-03-2006, 07:16 PM
All I want to say is dislike rap if you want. I dislike it, but simply because I don't like it. It's not my cup of tea. If you're going to dislike it because "omg teh lyriks SUK", or "all dey sing about is wimminz", or even worse, "DEY IS ALL BLAK" then just sit down and shut up. You have no right to speak.

ruroken
04-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Anyone who's reason is like that for anything should sit down and shut up.

endlesst0m
04-03-2006, 08:58 PM
All I want to say is dislike rap if you want. I dislike it, but simply because I don't like it. It's not my cup of tea. If you're going to dislike it because "omg teh lyriks SUK", or "all dey sing about is wimminz", or even worse, "DEY IS ALL BLAK" then just sit down and shut up. You have no right to speak.

I see what you're saying, but the lyrics sucking actually is a decent reason to not listen to an artist.

endlesst0m
04-03-2006, 09:08 PM
I didn't even notice all the rap defending in this thread, especially from Jakebert. You're all making me proud.

That's just plain factually incorrect.

And, also, the difference is that rappers talk about these horrible things, while these rockers actually DO it. Funny how those examples don't gain as much national media attention.

You're just so horribly biased that most don't feel the motivation to have to put on the Kindergarten teacher tone and explain it all to you. So please, no offense, but let's not go down this path again, because everytime we bring the facts, you bring your opinions, and it gets boring.

Your bringing facts and I'm just bringing opinions? Niether one of us sat there and calculated the number of rap and rock cds with violent/sexual content. So how is what you say fact, and what I say opinion?

Why are you so defensive of rap anyway? In my mind, I'm not even trying to disgrace rap, just point is something that is generally true about it's lyrical content. I personally don't like most of rap even though I do like some artists, but I'm sure even people that love it would agree with my statments about a large chunk of it's lyrical content.

JohnnyNemesis
04-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Your bringing facts and I'm just bringing opinions? Niether one of us sat there and calculated the number of rap and rock cds with violent/sexual content. So how is what you say fact, and what I say opinion?

I meant generally, in the numerous threads where we've all gone over this with you.

Why are you so defensive of rap anyway? In my mind, I'm not even trying to disgrace rap, just point is something that is generally true about it's lyrical content.

It's not that I'm defensive, is that 99% of what you claim is generally true about a genre you know nothing about is just plain not true at all, and it needs to be pointed out.

The problem is that there's little motivation to do much besides point it out when you're dealing with someone who is clearly biased and not as interested in the real truths, so it kinda leaves me pointing out inconsistencies before getting bored and moving on.

endlesst0m
04-03-2006, 09:18 PM
I meant generally, in the numerous threads where we've all gone over this with you.

It's not that I'm defensive, is that 99% of what you claim is generally true about a genre you know nothing about is just plain not true at all, and it needs to be pointed out.

The problem is that there's little motivation to do much besides point it out when you're dealing with someone who is clearly biased and not as interested in the real truths, so it kinda leaves me pointing out inconsistencies before getting bored and moving on.

Well, the if disagreement here is based on numbers and facts, than I guess I'll just have to agree to disagree.

Jebus
04-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Wait, you want the kiddies to have role models like My Chemical Romance?

Tizzalicious
04-03-2006, 10:19 PM
In the 80s all little girls wanted to be like Madonna. Ever seen "in bed with Madonna"? or one of her concerts back then? I saw one on TV when I was about 7, I can tell you, my mom wasn't too pleased with that. Where's the difference?

Anya82
04-04-2006, 12:49 AM
i don't know why everybody is attacking her and calling her an idiot. I think the point she's trying to make is that she realized that the world can be crap sometimes. What most teens admire or see as an image of a successful young woman is a bimbo who has no vission of her future and doesn't expect anything; where sex is a game for younger people as the time goes by; where violence is something "common" -not natural-; values and moral are getting lost day by day.....

i don't think her thread is just to say "rap is crap" or to start emo-whining. Maybe she does hate rap.. so?? Maybe she didn't expressed her opinion correctly, but what the heck? she's just trying to express what she's been thinking about lately.

Personally, i think it's good to see a 14 year old realize all that stuff she mentioned and maybe think about taking smart decisions in her life and contribute to a better society. And before someone posts some shit like "but it's not like she's gonna change the whole world in a beautiful place just because she thinks rap sucks"... with that "contribute to a better society", i mean that teens should open their eyes and understand they're gonna be the grown ups of the society in a short time, and our actions will always have consequences. So we all have to use our intelligence and be responsible, useful, caring citizens who look for the common good for our society, not just say "oh, well! that's how the world goes these days! so.. i'll simply go with the flow, there's nothing i can do"

WebDudette
04-04-2006, 01:02 AM
when was the last time you heard a kid say they wanted to be a UNICEF ambassador? or help out in the community? i havent heard it in a long time.

I've never heard it.

.:SMASH:.
04-04-2006, 01:53 AM
i hate you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much. edit: supposed to be directed towards kill boy powerhead

Demon_of_Debauchery
04-04-2006, 02:11 AM
I don't like rap music, not because of the messages it sends out but because it sounds terrible its not even proper singing its just fast talking

Vera
04-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Maybe that's because it's the KIDS CHOICE AWARDS.

KIDS don't listen to good music, unless their parents have infected them with such. But usually kids still won't listen to good music, because they enjoy the music their peers listen to, which is pop and rap and anything that's "cool", basically.

I don't see it as a reflection of how there's "no good music in the world anymore". Psh.

Andy
04-04-2006, 02:19 AM
Who the fuck are Bow Wow and Jesse McCartney?

wheelchairman
04-04-2006, 02:37 AM
no Vera, I see this as a reflection of how much a douche lauren is.

kamikaze
04-04-2006, 05:22 AM
I agree with you on the bad influences. 5 year olds don't need to learn that you can make your own pr0n video and make millions on it. Bad!

However, about the music: any of the good music isn't really "main stream" anymore. Yes, some of it is, but most of it isn't. And any of the stuff I like and I consider to be "main stream" probably wouldn't be played on a kid's show.

Anya82
04-04-2006, 04:04 PM
but i also think it's not just music, family/education is very important. Nobody can hide/run away from music cause "it's bad". But if someone has values and has learned the difference between things that are really important and worth to be considered, and what's not, there will be no problem.

I think i received a good education since i was a child, and i listen to many kinds of music with different messages. Of course I am not a perfect citizen, but i think i'm doing ok, and i can be better everyday.

platinumpt
04-04-2006, 04:10 PM
humm.

Rap is definitely not my thing, but I reckon that, these days, the rock/punk/pop scenario is extremely poor, so rap might be the best thing around. Music is always a good influence, if people grab a shotgun and kill their colleagues and teachers at school I assure you that it's not because they listen to more explicit lyrics.

Anya82
04-04-2006, 04:11 PM
if people grab a shotgun and kill their colleagues and teachers at school I assure you that it's not because they listen to more explicit lyrics.
that's what i meant in my last post :)

ninthlayer
04-04-2006, 04:27 PM
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realize there's nothing left
Cause I've been blastin and laughing so long that
Even my mama thinks that my mind is gone

But I ain't never crossed a man that didn't deserve it
Me be treated like a punk, you know that's unheard of
You better watch how you talking, and where you walking
Or you and your homies might be lined in chalk

I really hate to trip, but I gotta loc
As they croak I see myself in the pistol smoke, fool
I'm the kinda G the little homies wanna be like
On my knees in the night
Sayin' prayers in the street light

Been spending most their lives
Living in the Gangsta's Paradise

We keep spending most our lives

Look at the situation, they got me facin
I can't live a normal life, I was raised by the strife
So I gotta be down with the hood team
Too much television watchin' got me chasin dreams

I'm a educated fool wit money on my mind
Got my tin in my hand and a gleam in my eye
I'm a loc'ed out gangsta, set-trippin banger
And my homies is down, so don't arouse my anger, fool

Death ain't nuthin but a heart beat away
I'm livin life do-or-die ah, what can I say?
I'm twenty-three now, but will I live to see twenty-fo'?
The way things is goin I don't know

Tell me why are we -- so blind to see
That the ones we hurt -- are you and me

They been spending most their lives

Power and the money, money and the power
Minute after minute, hour after hour
Everybody's runnin, but half of them ain't lookin
It's goin on in the kitchen, but I dont know what's cookin

They say I got ta learn, but nobody's here to teach me
If they cant understand it, how can they reach me?
I guess they can't -- I guess they won't
I guess they frontin; that's why I know my life is outta luck, fool

Anya82
04-04-2006, 04:34 PM
i used to like that song. :p

OddOneOut_Bassist
04-04-2006, 05:13 PM
yes they do suck. but people are voting on them.

and how are they NOT influences? they are all you hear about and read about in the magazines. they are all over TV. when was the last time you heard a kid say they wanted to be a UNICEF ambassador? or help out in the community? i havent heard it in a long time.
i can see where you're coming from and i agree. and this is a different name right... i remeber you having more than 50 posts :p

Katie-Lynn
04-04-2006, 06:55 PM
i know, i hate seeing baggy clothes on girls. well, like really baggy and gross

killer_queen
04-05-2006, 06:15 AM
I think the World's doing great if we don't count Africa. It's nice to know that kids know everything. I'm sure they can get mature very fast. And blah blah blah because this thread deserves this answer.

Oh and, <3s for Valerie.

notoriousdoc
04-05-2006, 06:49 AM
YH!!1 ofspring saved me frm comitin sucicide adn havin secks wioth the songs hit dat and slef estem!

ninthlayer
04-05-2006, 07:07 AM
I think the World's doing great if we don't count Africa.
It isn't Africa that's doing horribly, it's the economically larger countries that are raping the everliving shit out of Africa that makes it so bad.

demon_slayer
04-05-2006, 09:09 AM
big companies are the corrupt one like wal-mart

die wal-mart die you bastard

endlesst0m
04-05-2006, 09:10 AM
big companies are the corrupt one like wal-mart

die wal-mart die you bastard

I don't think they use up africa's resources though.

demon_slayer
04-05-2006, 09:11 AM
they are there and in china looking for cheap labor

ninthlayer
04-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Don't try to sound politically informed, faggots.

endlesst0m
04-05-2006, 10:22 PM
It isn't Africa that's doing horribly, it's the economically larger companies that are raping the everliving shit out of Africa that makes it so bad.

"I don't think they use up africa's resources though"

What are you talking about? How the fuck am I claiming to be politically informed by saying that? I didn't even present it as a fact! Why is it that you always revive threads that are dying/dead to aim the stupidest comments at me?

Ironically enough, the first time I read your little Africa explaination, I was wondering why the fuck you even bothered to write that. killer_queen stated that Africa is doing bad. You, like an idiot, started arguing about WHY it was doing bad, when in reality, NO ONE was disputing WHY it was doing bad, and only stating that it WAS doing bad.

T-6005
04-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Because he's right, and your little liberally minded intellect won't realize why it's doing badly until it's had it all explained to it.

endlesst0m
04-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Edit: Fuck it. I wrote something else here, but I decided I'm just gonna ignore it. Hopefully everyone else see's what dickheads they're being.

ninthlayer
04-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Oh endlesstom, always the victim.