PDA

View Full Version : To tidy up

Rocky-girl
04-04-2006, 10:16 PM
How much time does it take you to to tidy yourself up in the morning?

T-6005
04-04-2006, 10:18 PM
0 minutes. I am dirty dirty dirty (and they like it anyways).

EDIT - that's a lie. I have to shower and take time to just wake up in the morning.

Takes me about 15 minutes to shower, 30 to get out of bed and 15 to wake up in the outside air and get to class. So an hour, technically.

Jebus
04-04-2006, 10:37 PM
I get up at 5:40 and I take 5 minutes to get up. Then I take a shower for 15 minutes and get out at 6:00. Then I go back to bed and sleep for 30 minutes because nothing beats a nap after taking a warm shower in the morning. It's a strange habit. I know.

At 6:30 I look for clean clothes and brush my teeth which takes about 10 minutes. I get my backpack ready for the next 5 minutes and I head to my bus stop to get to school.

That's 1 hour and 5 minutes in total.

lenar
04-04-2006, 10:48 PM
I get up at 4:00 am for work. I take a shower then get dressed and dry my hair. All of this by 4:30 when my ride comes to get me.

Tizzalicious
04-04-2006, 11:27 PM
It depends on how much time I have. I can be quick, but I'm usually really slow, because I don't have to be quick. It also depends on if I have to wash my hair//shave my legs//whatever other bodyparts, etc. I'd say about an hour on average.

wheelchairman
04-04-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm slow in the mornings, it takes me about 40 min. to do my routine. That is
5 min. to get the will to stand up.
15 min. to shower.
25 min. to drink coffee and sit.

Every morning. And I have to leave for school around 7.35.
Which is odd because I always get up at 7. I am so uninspiredly lazy I don't bother to be at school on time.

the_GoDdEsS
04-04-2006, 11:39 PM
On a regular day about 20 minutes.

T-6005
04-05-2006, 12:27 AM
On a regular day about 20 minutes.
Simmeh is kuh-ray-zay.

But seriously. 20 minutes? I can do that, but only if I'm going to class showerless. Because you know I need my showerheads.

JohnnyNemesis
04-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Not too long. About 1 minute using the bathroom, 2 minutes brushing my teeth hardcore, about 25 minutes in the shower (I'm a freak), and 10 minutes trying on different clothes to find something that doesn't itch or make me uncomfortable in some way.

Living on campus has changed my routine dramatically. Before I transferred to a residential college, I went to a community college. There, I would have to get up at 5AM just to beat my family to the shower, iron my clothes, and do all this shit before riding about 100 minutes to school in the mornings.

Betty
04-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Routine? What?

Set my alarm at an ambitious time. Hit snooze god knows how many times. Hopefully manage to somehow gain consciousness and realize that I actually have to get out of bed. Attempt to get out of bed. Decide to lay back down for "just two more minutes". Hopefully get up after that, not always successful.

If I managed to wake up, but only with a few minutes to spare:
-Go pee
-Throw on clothes in closest proximity
-Put hair in ponytail
-Take pill, put on deodorant
-Pack schoolbag, grab discman, keys
-Maybe grab something to eat
-Brush teeth
8 - 15 minutes total

If I actually get up on time:
-All of above including a shower (10 - 12 minutes)
-Ideally blow-dry hair, eat proper breakfast, pack lunch
45 minutes maybe

Mota Boy
04-05-2006, 01:32 AM
If I can get up on time... I'll shower, brush my teeth, shave (every other day or so), gargle some Scope, take a multivitamin, dry myself & apply deodorant, throw on the same pair of jeans and a clean (or clean-ish) shirt and walk to class.

I can usually get up thirty minutes before class starts and not have a problem (but, then again, I also don't have a problem with being late to class). Since my classes start late I often get up an hour beforehand and check internet stuff.

Vera
04-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Back when I had school (oh the days) & probably when I'll start work the routine will be something like waking up 30 mins before I have to leave the house and doing a number of these things as simultanously as possible:

- brushing my teeth
- making and drinking at least one cup of tea
- backing my shit
- getting some clothes on
- doing my hair & make-up

I've long relied on evening showers if I have early mornings because I hate blow-drying my hair in a hurry.

Duskygrin
04-05-2006, 02:13 AM
How much time does it take you to to tidy yourself up in the morning?

15 minutes. Top chrono.

WebDudette
04-05-2006, 02:56 AM
I wake up between 6:40am-6:50am.
Grab the closest pair of clean clothes.
Brush my hair if need be, I usually don't though.
Grab my folder and leave for school.
Pick up a friend on the way.
And hopefully be at school by 7:19 because it starts at 7:20 and being late isn't an option (schools about 20 min away).

I shower and brush my teeth atleast every other night before going to bed.

Demon_of_Debauchery
04-05-2006, 04:00 AM
I set my alarm for 7.00 but usaully get up at 7.30 then I:

- get dressed
- brush hair
- pack my bags
- have breakfast
- brush teeth

and I try to be out of the house by 8.00

I always have a shower in the evening because I can't get up early enough in the morning.

notoriousdoc
04-05-2006, 04:15 AM
Weekdays-15 mins
Weekends-1 hour

I take ages in the bath and getting dressed etc.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-05-2006, 06:25 AM
15 minutes to shower, brush teeth etc
35 minutes to dry my hair ( :o )
10 minutes to get changed and whatnot
20 mins to eat breakfast and so on, but I sometimes just skip it

So an hour without breakfast, and 1hr 20 mins with.

Andy
04-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Right.

- Get up and open bladder/bowels (5-10 minutes depending on how tired I am)
- Turn on radio/music (could be up to 15 minutes if I can't decide what to listen to)
- Jump in a very warm shower (Can be up to 25 minutes, again depending on how tired I am. Plus sometimes I just stand in the hot shower, thinking...Contemplating....*looks to the sky in a whimsical starry-eyed gaze*)
- Dry (10 minutes)
- Dress (give that 15 minutes if I can't find anything/need to scrape last nights curry off it)
- Teeth (5 minutes)

And I'm ready for the day! 1 hour and 20 minutes.

killer_queen
04-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Routine? What?

Set my alarm at an ambitious time. Hit snooze god knows how many times. Hopefully manage to somehow gain consciousness and realize that I actually have to get out of bed. Attempt to get out of bed. Decide to lay back down for "just two more minutes". Hopefully get up after that, not always successful.

If I managed to wake up, but only with a few minutes to spare:
-Go pee
-Throw on clothes in closest proximity
-Put hair in ponytail
-Take pill, put on deodorant
-Pack schoolbag, grab discman, keys
-Maybe grab something to eat
-Brush teeth
8 - 15 minutes total

If I actually get up on time:
-All of above including a shower (10 - 12 minutes)
-Ideally blow-dry hair, eat proper breakfast, pack lunch
45 minutes maybe

Don't know why but I loved this one.

Mine depends on the seasons. On winter it's like;

20 minutes in bathroom for regular cleaning stuff except shower. (I can't take showers in the morning on winter)
10 minutes for dressing, shaping my hair
30 minutes for preparing my bag. And no, I can't do it before, it just needs to be done in the morning, in hurry.

On spring and summer;
Shower for 30 minutes
Drying and shaping my hair for 45 minutes
Dressing for 10 minutes
Makeup (maybe) for 5 minutes
Watching myself at the mirror for 5 minutes
Breakfast (maybe) for 10 minutes.

That's all.

Betty
04-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Some of you guys are such women!

And some of the beautiful ladies hold record setting times.

Screw the stereotypes. Awesome.

Sin Studly
04-05-2006, 09:13 AM
About 6 minutes on a regular day. I brush my teeth in the shower, get dressed while still damp, and head out the door.

When I'm getting dressed up and going out, I can take up to 2 hours shaving, plucking, preening, fixing makeup, etc. etc.

Rocky-girl
04-05-2006, 11:16 AM
fixing makeup?

In the morning it takes me near 35 mins and all the day long if I need to go out it takes me near 10 mins.

the_GoDdEsS
04-05-2006, 11:17 AM
I shower in the evenings, that's why it is 20 minutes including getting dressed, putting on some make up, brushing teeth and eating breakfast. If I take a shower too in the mornings, especially in the summer, it's 30 minutes.

And for going out. That's usually 60 minutes max. If I wanna enjoy dressing up and making myself look too irresistible it can be 90, including mirror love.

Tired_Of_You
04-05-2006, 11:18 AM
- My alarm is never at the same hour, but usually it's around 6h15.
- It takes me at least 20 minutes to get up, during this time I hit snooze at least a few times and never remember that I did it.
- For about 15 minutes I try to watch TV, but I never really do, it's just to be more lazy. I don't always do this part, it's only when I have the time, or when I think/want to believe I do. It's useless anyway, because I never remember what I watched.
- Then I get dressed. 5 mins. I brush my hair/teeth and if I have the time eat something.

I only follow the first and second part perfectly. No routine for me.

If I take my shower in the morning you have to add 20 minutes for it and 15 minutes to blow-dry my hair and make it look okay. Evening usually.

Preocupado
04-05-2006, 11:24 AM
About seven hours, since i study at night.

JoY
04-05-2006, 01:47 PM
I get out of bed.
hit the shower.
brush hair/teeth.
sometimes do my hair up, or however you'd say that.
put on watch, earrings, necklace.

& I'm ready to go. (oh right, somewhere in this process I get dressed aswell, by the way) if I'm in a hurry, I can be ready in 10 minutes, without the shower. with the shower it's 30 minutes at LEAST. showers are to be enjoyed thoroughly.

I only put on mascara, if I have spare time, feel like it, look like hell, &/or are planning to go somewhere I want to look good.

Sin Studly
04-05-2006, 01:50 PM
fixing makeup?

When I dress up good I wear nail polish, and sometimes eyeliner. I'm really bad with eyeliner, and it sometimes takes me 3 or 4 tries.

0r4ng3
04-05-2006, 01:54 PM
On average, it takes me 12 minutes to get ready in the morning. My fastest is 9, my slowest is about 20 minutes.

Sunny
04-05-2006, 01:59 PM
it takes a good while. i take outrageously long showers, because it takes me a long time to wake up, and i'm always cold in the morning. luckily i don't shave.. cause then it would take even longer. my de-hairing routine is like.. 15 minutes every two weeks. =p anyway, thennn i moisturize all over, blow-dry my hair, straighten it, put on makeup.. then i have my tea or juice, maybe some food, take my supplements.. bah, me getting up = long & drawn out process. not to mention i can't get out of bed and i always hit the snooze button like 346509 times. =/

Kerr
04-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Anything from 20 minutes to half an hour, depending on how tired I am - I have my showers before I go to bed, and shave before my showers when I need to. All I do is go to the toilet, have breakfast, put my contacts in, clean my teeth/wash my face, gel my hair and I am off.

Rocky-girl
04-06-2006, 11:28 AM
When I dress up good I wear nail polish, and sometimes eyeliner. I'm really bad with eyeliner, and it sometimes takes me 3 or 4 tries.
You frighten me!

killer_queen
04-06-2006, 11:50 AM
What's so frightening about it? Eyeliner looks great on guys, especially the ones with beautiful eyes.

the_GoDdEsS
04-06-2006, 12:59 PM
It can look good on some for going out. On others it's just too faggy. And if it's decent then it highlights the eyes perfectly.

HeadAroundU
04-06-2006, 02:09 PM
How you ever seen a guy with eyeliner here in Slovakia?

20-30 minutes? I don't shower like a pussy in the morning...