PDA

View Full Version : Weird weather

nieh
04-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Today on the way to work, I experienced all sorts of weird weather. The drive from my apartment to my building is about 20 minutes. When I first walked out of my apartment, it was a little chilly (maybe about 50 degrees) and snowing. Odd considering it's April. A couple minutes after I started driving, it started sleeting. A couple minutes after it started sleeting, it started raining. A couple minutes after it started raining, it started sleeting worse than before (think of your car being pelted by a bunch of rabbit shit made of ice). Then it got bright and sunny. Then, while it was still bright and sunny, it started snowing again. Then I got to my building and it was bright, sunny, and about 60-70 degrees out.

This is the second weirdest weather I can remember ever having to deal with off the top of my head. The weirdest would be when I was younger and we got a huge hailstorm with thunder and lightning behind it in the middle of August.

endlesst0m
04-05-2006, 09:36 AM
This is the second weirdest weather I can remember ever having to deal with off the top of my head. The weirdest would be when I was younger and we got a huge hailstorm with thunder and lightning behind it in the middle of August.[/QUOTE]

hahaha. it was snowing earlier, and then it got sunny. so i was reading and thinking, this is almost like what happened to me, only it's sunny now. then i looked out the window, and its fucking snowing again!

fuck new jersey.

Tired_Of_You
04-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Yeah, it was over 20C (68F?) a few days ago and it snowed yesterday. I have to talk about global warming in my English class Friday, it's the perfect timing, haha.

the_GoDdEsS
04-05-2006, 10:10 AM
In Slovakia we call it crazy April weather. Because you get snow (although you shouldn't) and super warm days and a lot of rain.

nieh
04-05-2006, 10:46 AM
In Slovakia we call it crazy April weather. Because you get snow (although you shouldn't) and super warm days and a lot of rain.

Yeah, but how often do you get all of those, plus sleet in a span of 20 minutes?

Rocky-girl
04-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Snow? Never, here it all is melting! Awful! Last 3 years we have snow in May...

the_GoDdEsS
04-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah, but how often do you get all of those, plus sleet in a span of 20 minutes?

Well, you do :P

nieh
04-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Well, you do :P

Not normally though!

kamikaze
04-05-2006, 12:48 PM
It's not really the weather's fault, you know. This is actually God giving us a huge red warning sign saying, "Hey you little shits! I'm about to destroy the world! Hahah. Get ready for my apocalypse, bitches."

And now we all die. Yay!!!

0r4ng3
04-05-2006, 12:56 PM
There are no seasons anymore, for serious. All of winter (except for the blizzard) was mega-warm, and it was blizzarding for 2 hours here on the Island.

Just watch, in a few (tens of) years, it will be the same weather all year 'round.

That, or Mother Nature's caught the ADD.

Betty
04-05-2006, 01:48 PM
My friend and I had a bet on whether spring was officially here. Today, I conceded the win.

0r4ng3
04-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I was going around to people, asking of their thoughts about global warming. It's a "you had to be there" kind of funny.

HornyPope
04-06-2006, 06:45 AM
My friend and I had a bet on whether spring was officially here. Today, I conceded the win.

Hah!

I left Montreal on the 9th of Mars. It was a second day of beautiful weather- think around 15c, and sunny. They joked about how I endured the Canadian winter and only now left for a (slightly) warmer climate. I told them the winter isn't over yet. They told me it is.

Ah, the joys of chatting to friends back home and asking them on msn "has it snowed since?" and hearing a gruesome "yes, fuck you" after a brief pause.

Incidently, it's a shitty day in Belgrade today. Poo.

Little_Miss_1565
04-06-2006, 06:47 AM
It needs to stop switching around like this. With the fibromyalgia, I am in HELL.

Izie
04-06-2006, 06:51 AM
My poor broken arm hurt like a bitch yesteday because of the weather changes :(

Boo :(

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-06-2006, 07:15 AM
The weather's been pretty consistent here. It's slowly been getting sunnier and warmer since mid-March. England for the weatherwin!

Tizzalicious
04-06-2006, 10:34 AM
It's been crazy too, we get hail and sun without 5 minutes aswell. It's too strange.

0r4ng3
04-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Yesterday there was a freakin' blizzard, today it's a burning sun.

Apocalypse much?

Betty
04-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Springtime is back!

Maybe I should not have given into victory so easily.

I don't know if it's the same thing elsewhere, but Canadians can be ridiculous. It'll snow the one day, and if it's even above freezing point the next, everyone's wearing their flip flops. Girls in miniskirts and guys in shorts. Pretty silly!

Tired_Of_You
04-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I can tell you it's the same here! That's so funny. I guess we're so tired of winter that when it's finally springtime we can't wait.

Paint_It_Black
04-06-2006, 06:59 PM
The weather has been interesting here in kansas lately. Alternating between hot and humid and then cold and baseball size chunks of hail, although I personally only saw golf ball sized hail. When anything the size of golf balls is falling out of the sky I go inside and don't wait to see if it gets any bigger. It was incredibly windy today, with a tornado about 30 miles away from here and some crazy thunder storms. We had about the same a week ago, except it was far worse. The storms in the midwest beat anything I have seen anywhere else. I love it. Thunder so loud that buildings shake, multiple bolts of lighting illuminating the sky at once, many of them appearing to travel horizontally. It's awesome.