04-05-2006, 09:20 PM
What does all this mean though?

Tizzalicious
04-05-2006, 11:31 PM
A pink tan, isn't that just sunburn?

I know it is for me.

wheelchairman
04-05-2006, 11:44 PM
I would have thought that you would love a "pink sun tan" tizz.

Tizzalicious
04-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Ah, I've said this before, I love pink, but I don't appreciate my body being pink.

wheelchairman
04-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Lolz you gave me a pink glove.

I will explain that gross term to you later.

Tizzalicious
04-05-2006, 11:52 PM
You do that, I have no idea what it means.

JohnnyNemesis
04-05-2006, 11:53 PM
lolz, pink areas of the female body make me blush :X

T-6005
04-06-2006, 12:01 AM
lolz, pink areas of the female body make me blush :X
durtay.

And nationalities don't have much to do with suntan. Immigration much?

Vera
04-06-2006, 01:45 AM
My mother doesn't tan, she burns. I think I come with the genes, which is a bitch since I'll be working outside the whole summer. Oh, sunscreen.

I tan a little though, sometimes. Just never enough for people to notice.

Izie
04-06-2006, 06:22 AM
Serbs are normally dark-skinned and tan easily.

I, however, am pale enough for evey doctor who sees me for the first time to ask me "have you checked your red blood cells/iron levels recently?". And uhm... I'm nto exactly sure if I tan. When I was a kid I'd go in the sun, turn red like an idiot (but I didn't burn, just turn red), and in a few days the red would turn into soemthign that resembles a tan... Sort of.

However, I've been avoiding the sun and using sunscreen SPF60 for the past... 5-6 years, if not more. So no, I don't tan.

killer_queen
04-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Most of the Turks are dark but it's easy to see blondes everwhere. People who have black hair and white skin like me are pretty rare.
I never tan, I just get red which looks disgusting. I guess I don't need to say anything, all the things Izie said is same for me.

wheelchairman
04-06-2006, 07:33 AM
I'm a blonde and tan like a natural aryan. Perhaps this summer I will walk around with no shirt on.

Little_Miss_1565
04-06-2006, 07:38 AM
I burn first, then I tan. I guess the Scandinavian in me is what burns first, then the Asian takes over. But now I'm tattooed so no more sun.

Tizzalicious
04-06-2006, 08:11 AM
My sunburn usually turns into a tan too (except on my legs, they go from red back to white), but the sunburn is too bad and painful, so now I just stay out of the sun.

I once had blisters on my shoulder from the sun. That wasn't fun.

sKratch
04-06-2006, 08:14 AM
My mother doesn't tan, she burns. I think I come with the genes, which is a bitch since I'll be working outside the whole summer. Oh, sunscreen.

I tan a little though, sometimes. Just never enough for people to notice.
You... live in Finland. Are you sure you know what the sun looks like?

kamikaze
04-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Irish - we don't tan. We burn. However, if you have any freckles, which I do (sick), they tend to come out a lot stronger after you've been in the sun.

kamikaze
04-06-2006, 09:12 AM
My sunburn usually turns into a tan too (except on my legs, they go from red back to white), but the sunburn is too bad and painful, so now I just stay out of the sun.

I once had blisters on my shoulder from the sun. That wasn't fun.

When I was younger, I hated putting on sun screen. So, one day when my grandma and I were at the beach, she didn't make me. Bad move on my part. I had blisters (BIG ones) all down my nose and over the apples of my cheeks. Oh, god did that hurt...

Vera
04-06-2006, 09:15 AM
You... live in Finland. Are you sure you know what the sun looks like?
I don't know what I look like myself since it's always dark in here. :(

BRB my iglu's melting.

Tizzalicious
04-06-2006, 09:27 AM
When I was younger, I hated putting on sun screen. So, one day when my grandma and I were at the beach, she didn't make me. Bad move on my part. I had blisters (BIG ones) all down my nose and over the apples of my cheeks. Oh, god did that hurt...

Eek, that sounds bad!

I always use sunscreen usually (lots of it!) but that day I was at the beach, and it was really windy, so not warm at all, and I just didn't think about it when we went for a walk =/ Not smart.

Rocky-girl
04-06-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm a blonde and tan like a natural aryan.
I'm afraid!

I don't know...Russians? I don't know what to say...

Demon_of_Debauchery
04-06-2006, 09:36 AM
I hardly ever use Sunscreen as I don't get burnt very often but I tan quite easily and when I do get burnt it usually turns into a tan

Tired_Of_You
04-06-2006, 02:38 PM
I rarely get sunburns and I tan so easily. People used to say that I almost looked like I was from somewhere else (since I don't go outside in the summer as much as I used to when I didn't have a job...I guess) Also, i don't think I tan as quick as I used to. It's the same for my family, mostly for my father's side. He's tanned all year long.

the_GoDdEsS
04-06-2006, 02:40 PM
My skin is sensitive to the sun. It gets sunburnt fast, to red. But within less than a week it fades and remains completely pale and white. And I like it that way. I wouldn't want a tan.

Sunny
04-06-2006, 02:57 PM
this is what happens when i get exposed to sun for prolonged (+2 hours) periods of time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/sunnypoo/846df807.jpg

LOL PWNED!

yes. lobster red. it hurties. it fades into a tan later, though.

calichix
04-08-2006, 01:48 AM
I don't really sunburn.

Vera
04-08-2006, 02:11 AM
Sunny, that would happen to me if I wasn't dead-scared of it and lotion myself up every time I go out in the summer.

Preocupado
04-08-2006, 05:40 AM
For those of you who get burned, then tanned. Did you know that the radiation you get when you burn is cumulative? the burn fades, but the radiation remains. Or so i heard from a friend who is a medic.

oh oh and don't forget to rub sunscreen into the ears!

Betty
04-08-2006, 07:56 PM
To rival Magdalena:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/tanlines.jpg

This was beet red for a couple of days. And peeled a little bit. But ultimately I got a decent tan. It's April, and I can still faintly see the lines from last August.

(I think she still wins though, ouch)

Oh, and most retarded places to burn: bum, ears