PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to...?

Telekinesis
04-06-2006, 03:19 AM
does anyone know how to speed up songs so that the singers sound kinda like chipmunks? I know how to speed up songs but the voices don't change, does anyone know how to do it?

ninthlayer
04-06-2006, 03:20 AM
Commit suicide.

Andy
04-06-2006, 03:23 AM
Telekinisis, your timing really is impeccable.

Paint_It_Black
04-06-2006, 03:43 AM
Commit suicide.

I really don't think that would produce the effect he/she is looking for. But oh well, no harm in trying I guess. Go for it Telekinesis.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-06-2006, 07:20 AM
does anyone know how to speed up songs so that the singers sound kinda like chipmunks? I know how to speed up songs but the voices don't change, does anyone know how to do it?

Actually I do. But I'm not going to tell you.

HAR, HAR!

Tijs
04-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Alright already.

Download Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). Import your audiofile. Select the whole track. Go to 'Effect' and it should be in there.

Tizzalicious
04-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Why exactly are people bashing her about this thread?

nieh
04-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Ok, here's the thing about that. Naturally if you speed it up, it will bring the pitch up along with it (in the same sense that playing a record at a faster speed will make the pitch higher). The thing is, if you're using a GOOD sound editing program, it automatically pitch-shifts it back to normal when you speed it up. It does this because there are times when you'll need to speed something up because it was played slower than it should've been, but the pitch must remain the same. If your editing program is doing this then there should be a separate option for "pitch bend" or "pitch modulation" or something along those lines. If you have that, go into there and kick it up an octave or three. If that doesn't work, just open the sound file in the shitty Sound Recorder program that comes with windows and speed it up in there.

Telekinesis
04-06-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm using Windows Media Player, version 10 I think, I can't find a pitch bender thing though, but thanks for trying, I think I'll download that thing the other dude talked about. I honestly don't know why these people hate me, I was just asking a question, enough people hate me in real life and these people actually know me, you don't know me and have no reason to hate me. Thanks again for helping me the people who did help, dorry i forgot all your names >_<

Jebus
04-06-2006, 11:41 PM
There's a plugin for winamp for that type of thing. You could speed up a song and raise the pitch, speed up the song and not raise the pitch, and play it at normal speed and raise the pitch. You could pretty much customize it the way you want it to sound.

the winamp media player
http://winamp.com/
plug in
http://www.ronimusic.com/winamp.htm

Paint_It_Black
04-07-2006, 12:00 AM

I would have described it as being playful.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-07-2006, 08:03 AM

I wasn't bashing. Truth be told I just like typing HAR, HAR because then I can imagine myself saying HAR, HAR. And that's a funny image.