PDA

View Full Version : The State of North Carolina vs. XYlophonetreeZ

XYlophonetreeZ
04-06-2006, 06:56 AM
Got a fucking speeding ticket this morning. First one ever. Fuck.

I... I don't know why I made a thread. Venting? Bleh. Insurance costs are gonna be out the yingyang now. Anyone got any thoughts, or advice, other than sucking the cop's dick?

Fuck.

I know I'm being an emo fag and making a stupid thread. Therefore, I have taken the initiative of rating it one star myself so no one else can degrade it any more than I already have. Fuck this world, I hate you all.

i h8 alot of ppl taht r lame.

JohnnyNemesis
04-06-2006, 06:58 AM
A speeding ticket, and no "Bad Habit" joke?

Bad form, my friend...bad form!

Totally sucks that you have to deal with that speeding ticket bullshit though.

nieh
04-06-2006, 07:04 AM
How big of a ticket?

And just be glad you don't live in NJ. We have the most expensive insurance in the country and when you get a ticket, they jack it up way higher.

Rag Doll
04-06-2006, 07:08 AM
Yeah, and Josh would totally know all about tickets and high insurance. He's a maniac on the road!

That really sucks, Jon. I'm going to cry when I get my first speeding ticket. Just the thought of it...eugh. The only thing you can try to do (that i can think of) is go to court and hope the cop doesn't show up. I know someone that kept delaying their court date over and over. When they finally went, the cop had gotten so sick of the BS with the court dates that he didnt show up.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Sam, you'll be fine. Just make sure to wear revealing tops when you drive.

sKratch
04-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Last year I got pulled over for 65 in a 45 and didn't get a speeding ticket because my speedometer was broken (true story; it always reads 0 mph). I did get a ticket for having a broken speedometer though, which is not a moving violation and does not have a fine.

Sucks about your ticket though... how bad is it?

Endymion
04-06-2006, 08:05 AM
psh, i live in LA. doing 90+ on the freeway is expected. i keep to a minimum of 55 in residential areas.

kamikaze
04-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Hey, I got my first speeding ticket a week ago today! No, yesterday... shit, I only have 2 days left to pay it. Ugh. Well, mine's $167.50. (60 in a 35!) Listen, don't call your insurance company. My boss has had at least 13 speeding tickets and her insurance has never once gone up. So, hey. Maybe it won't go up for yours (or mine) !

Paint_It_Black
04-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Anyone got any thoughts, or advice, other than sucking the cop's dick?

Nope, that's about it. So my only advice is to use a condom. It's less gay that way. You know, 'cause you're kinda just sucking on rubber.

Tijs
04-06-2006, 11:16 AM
I got my first (and only) speeding ticket about 9 months ago. I was driving for 14 hours that day and it was at 2am or something in an unfamiliar area. It was province road/little village road/province/village so it was kinda had to understand at what times I was allowed to drive 80kmph (50mph) and when to drive 50kmph (30mph). So I got a ticket for driving 70kmph (43mph) on a 50kmph road. So that's my excuse.

Fastes I drove was 190kpmh (120mph). I wanted to get to 200kmph but the car refused to do so. That was in Germany ofcourse.

Anya82
04-06-2006, 11:56 AM
i've never got a ticket. but i was about to get one...i was on my way to school, and then a cop stopped me, and he was about to give me a ticket and start all that blah blah shit, when he got a more important call and decided to let me go.
lucky me!!

XYlophonetreeZ
04-06-2006, 03:30 PM
psh, i live in LA. doing 90+ on the freeway is expected. i keep to a minimum of 55 in residential areas.
Yeah, but LAPD don't need a reason! BEAT ALL THE NIGGERS!

There, I think I almost just made up for my lack of a Bad Habit joke. Anyway, I was doing 52 in a 35 on this road that's an infamous speed trap, cuz it should be at least 45. I actually saw 3 motorcycle cops pretty far in advance and I thought I slowed down before they got me on radar, but then one of the pigs pulls me over on his ghey little bike.

The idea of repeatedly pushing the court date back is intriguing, but as of now the cop has no real beef with me. If I pushed it back, he might get pissed and make a point of showing up, just to beat me.

kamikaze: can I really do that? Just casually not call the insurance company, and they won't know about it? That's... a really tempting idea, but I'd think that's probably... illegal? I don't think I'd do that if there were a risk of them finding out, and possibly larger legal risks at hand.

Italia311
04-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Speeding tickets suck, I feel for ya man. My insurance is through this roof right now...Call Geico???

ninthlayer
04-06-2006, 04:08 PM
I got a speeding ticket on my birthday (when I was already late for the party that I was supposedly throwing for myself... long story). That was August 20th, 2005. Have I paid it yet? Fuck no.

nieh
04-06-2006, 04:32 PM
They don't raise your price until you renew your insurance (typically every 6 months). When you renew it they check to make sure you provide them with accurate info and if you don't, they find out and end up charging you for it anyway.

Mota Boy
04-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Got a fucking speeding ticket this morning. First one ever. Fuck.
Pbbbbbbbbbbt! Hahahaha! I'll see your one speeding ticket and raise you six.

Wuss.