PDA

View Full Version : "How do I..?"

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Here, once and for all, is the comprehensive list of how to do things on this board, since there are so many different threads and answers. Here is the one-stop solution for all your posting needs.

Posting a picture
1. First, upload your picture to a filesharing website. A selection of these are:

www.tinypic.com
www.photobucket.com

2. Once you've done that, there should be a URL linking to the picture. Copy it.

3. Now, when you're in the reply window, Paste it. Then, you can either:
a) Highlight it and click the IMG button (it's the yellow picture of the mountains in the reply box, to the right of the Bold, Italic, Underline etc); or simply type the IMG tags around it (see below).

So you should end up with something like this:

www.photobucket.com/mypics/mypic.jpg

Quoting

1. If you simply want to quote someone's post, click the "Quote" button underneath their post and it will Quote for you.

2. If you want to copy and paste a Quote, however.. first, highlight their post and Copy it.

3. Go to the reply window and click Paste. It'll come up as a usual sentence. Now, highlight it and click the QUOTE button (right at the end of the line - the yellow speech bubble). You should end up with something like this:

gg, fags.

4. To include the name of the person who posted it, you need to modify the tags slightly, by doing this to the FIRST Quote tag (not the second):

=ninth] (AFTER the
gg, fags.

Editing your post

Simple enough, but a few people can't seem to get the hang of it.

1. When you post a reply, there'll be an Edit button underneath it. Click it and modify your post. THIS IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN MULTIPLE POSTING. Thank you.

Searching for an existing thread

1. At the top of your page, underneath your Private Messages, should be something saying Search. Click that.

2. ALWAYS click "advanced search". There's no point just searching straight off because it'll search all threads in all sections and you'll get thousands more replies than you wanted.

3. Make sure you specify whether you want to search for Thread Title or All Replies - trust, this makes a difference - and make sure you have the right section.

That's all I can think of now. If anyone wants anything adding, say and I'll edit it in.

offspring fan
04-07-2006, 10:01 AM
tinypic is easyer. you dodt have to be a member to upload pics.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Edited in. Thanks.

Sin Studly
04-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Stickystickystickysticky.

Vera
04-10-2006, 10:22 AM
You could also add imageshack.us as one of the picture-hosting places.

Sin Studly
04-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Can you add in a "How do I commit suicide" section for certain folks?

Betty
04-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Umm... how do I make an avatar pops up. Or how do I resize pics.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Stickystickystickysticky.
By the way, this isn't just some typical retarded request asking for something like a video of a monkey throwing shit at a fat guy to be stickied. This actually should be stickied. It's the first new thread I've seen in a long time that actually should be stickied.

coke_a_holic
04-10-2006, 11:59 PM
a monkey throwing shit at a fat guy
Should that not be stickied? :confused: