PDA

View Full Version : south park pwns family guy

offspring fan
04-07-2006, 09:39 AM
hehehe look at this
http://www.dailysixer.com/spfamguy.shtml

Andy
04-07-2006, 09:49 AM
As much as I like Family Guy, it's impossible to not watch that in open mouthed delight.

Tijs
04-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Haha, I just downloaded that episode this morning and watched it a couple of hours ago.

Though I always wonder why all those cartoon figures in other cartoons look so fake when they're relatively easy to draw. Has it something to do with copyrights?

Andy
04-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Has it something to do with copyrights?
I would suppose so yeah. That'll explain why they made Brian grey anyway.

Lupin
04-07-2006, 10:00 AM
yeah, good clip. Im not sure if its a credible rip of Family Guy...mainly cuz its humour is dull in a 'south park' kinda way.
pfffffft
________
Aromed vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/aromed-vaporizer.html)

killer_queen
04-07-2006, 10:02 AM
I think they both suck. I'm not clicking the link.

nieh
04-07-2006, 10:53 AM
SurfControl

Access Denied
Access to the requested URL has been denied by SurfControl
If you have a legitimate business reason to visit this site please contact
the Cendant HelpDesk 1-877-241-****

That site's boring.

Mota Boy
04-07-2006, 11:40 AM
I watched the episode last night. Good stuff, but I liked the chase scene a lot better and the message of the episode. Family Guy's sorta entertaining, but pales in comparison to what I'd like to call "good" animated shows. South Park holds it down.

offspring fan
04-07-2006, 11:49 AM
what is the name of that episode? i want to download it.

Paint_It_Black
04-07-2006, 11:58 AM
I watched the episode last night. Good stuff, but I liked the chase scene a lot better and the message of the episode.

Same here. Although I laughed my ass off when Cartman gave his "don't compare me to Family Guy" speech.

In general I think Family Guy has a tendency to be funnier than South Park. Because they only care about being funny, and don't give a shit if the jokes are interchangeable and irrelevant to the story. It's still funny. Those things turned me off of Family Guy when it first started and then eventually became the reasons why I liked it.

what is the name of that episode? i want to download it.

Cartoon Wars.

offspring fan
04-07-2006, 12:00 PM
thanks.......

coke_a_holic
04-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I hate Family Guy until I watch it and I'm like, "hey that's pretty funny." Then the next day, I'm like "wtf, how did I think that that was funny?" It's a neverending cycle. I only like the show while I'm watching it. Not including the new ones, those just suck.

Paint_It_Black
04-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Not including the new ones, those just suck.

Agreed, but some of the old ones were comedic genius, if you can accept that it unashamedly has no substance other than humour.

coke_a_holic
04-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Agreed, but some of the old ones were comedic genius, if you can accept that it unashamedly has no substance other than humour.
EXACTLY. It's just a string of jokes loosely based around a plotline that makes absolutely no sense. I loved the South Park thing because it clearly attacked that and did so well with it.

Paint_It_Black
04-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I loved the South Park thing because it clearly attacked that and did so well with it.

It was a perfect parody. And yet, I thought the little Family Guy "episode" they were watching was quite amusing, aside from being so accurate. I guess I just quite enjoy that abstract humour these days.

Basically, if I want to be highly amused I watch old episodes of Family Guy. If I want to be entertained and have something to talk about after, I watch South Park. If I want to be mildly amused but have a great story I watch King of the Hill.

T-6005
04-07-2006, 12:16 PM
I hate Family Guy.

I'm not a big fan of South Park, either.

jacknife737
04-07-2006, 12:29 PM
It didn't rip on Family Guy that much, it focused more on free speech.

That line about Mr. T's T was fucking funny as hell.

South Park is a smarter show, but sometimes i find myself laughing more during an episode of Family Guy.

WebDudette
04-07-2006, 12:31 PM
A little of topic but am I the only person that thinks Futurama>South park, Simpsons, and Family Guy.

Paint_It_Black
04-07-2006, 12:36 PM
I just can't seem to get in to Futurama.

Little_Miss_1565
04-07-2006, 12:45 PM
lol @ cartman being indignant at Family Guy making fun of someone's religion.

0r4ng3
04-07-2006, 02:28 PM
A little of topic but am I the only person that thinks Futurama>South park, Simpsons, and Family Guy.
I fully agree.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-07-2006, 02:33 PM
I approve. And that parody was really accurate.

0r4ng3
04-07-2006, 02:34 PM
It doesn't seem much like a parody. A parody makes fun of the subject. What that was, was exactly like Family Guy.

Apathy
04-07-2006, 03:46 PM
South Park and family guy are both pretty funny. Family guy occasionally pisses me off with it's stupidity.

I'd agree that Futurama is better than both however.

.:SMASH:.
04-07-2006, 06:21 PM
that is family guy's humour for you. it is all: remember the time when...but on family guy it's usually funny...lol, like when he opens the door on the plane that clearly states DO NOT OPEN.

Jakebert
04-07-2006, 06:27 PM
I like Family Guy, but I think that South Park did an amazing job with it. Family Guy does annoy the hell out of my sometimes, though. Those jokes where they repeat the same thing for like 3 minutes just gets old.

If I want to be mildly amused but have a great story I watch King of the Hill.

Agreed, King of the Hill is really underrated. The stories are really, really well done and pretty realistic. Plus, the characters have to be some of the best written characters on TV today. I don't think that there are very many generic sitcom characters on the show.

Not Ozymandias
04-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Family Guy is a piece of shit. If I was an animator I'd be fucking sickened by its existence.

Endymion
04-07-2006, 09:23 PM
clone high superior.

calichix
04-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Satirical cartoons aren't my forte. I like Catscratch. The Scottish cat melts my heart like nobody's business. And Gargoyles. Oh, Saturday morning cartoons. They never quit. <3

coke_a_holic
04-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Satirical cartoons aren't my forte. I like Catscratch. The Scottish cat melts my heart like nobody's business. And Gargoyles. Oh, Saturday morning cartoons. They never quit. <3
CATSCRATCH! Excellent, I'm glad me and my friend aren't the only people who find the show delighfully insane. I just like how they revert back to old cartoons' violence. Any show that has an episode where pet grizzly bear mauls kittens deserves to be watched over and over again.

Autonomist
04-08-2006, 12:10 AM

Arrgh, people like you shit me! I HATE Futurama! HATE HATE HATE!

Family Guy's getting a bit old for me.

WebDudette
04-08-2006, 02:59 AM
Then you my not so friendly, friend have bad taste.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-14-2006, 04:08 PM
This clip is better. (http://gorillamask.net/spfgman.shtml)

igniton/pyro
04-14-2006, 04:40 PM
This clip is better. (http://gorillamask.net/spfgman.shtml)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Mota Boy
04-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Unfortunately, the whole "South Park v. Family Guy" thing has been played up to the point where people are focusing on that rather than the real message of the episodes - the fact that the Western world is curtailing freedom of speech out of fear of Muslim reprisals. The episode was mindblowing in that it made this impassioned plea for freedom of speech and how censorship would mean that we're giving in to fear... and then to culminate in the fact that Comedy Central actually refused to show an image of Mohammad - even when presented in a relatively dignified manner (handing Peter a salmon helmet)... honestly, to see the real application of the message was pretty damn mind-blowing.

And then, of course, to contrast it immediately with an image of George Bush and Jesus shitting on the American flag was pretty fucking cool. On one hand, it couldn't be more juvenile, but to show how far freedom of speech goes in regard to America's most sacred values, but how we won't even show a fucking picture of Mohammad out of fear... that's a much, much bigger issue than which cartoon is better.

Not Ozymandias
04-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Unfortunately, the whole "South Park v. Family Guy" thing has been played up to the point where people are focusing on that rather than the real message of the episodes - the fact that the Western world is curtailing freedom of speech out of fear of Muslim reprisals. The episode was mindblowing in that it made this impassioned plea for freedom of speech and how censorship would mean that we're giving in to fear... and then to culminate in the fact that Comedy Central actually refused to show an image of Mohammad - even when presented in a relatively dignified manner (handing Peter a salmon helmet)... honestly, to see the real application of the message was pretty damn mind-blowing.

And then, of course, to contrast it immediately with an image of George Bush and Jesus shitting on the American flag was pretty fucking cool. On one hand, it couldn't be more juvenile, but to show how far freedom of speech goes in regard to America's most sacred values, but how we won't even show a fucking picture of Mohammad out of fear... that's a much, much bigger issue than which cartoon is better.
Family Guy fucking sucks.

Mota Boy
04-15-2006, 03:30 PM
*sigh*

Yeah, it does.

Jalle
04-15-2006, 03:39 PM
in germany family guy is not sooo famous...!

but the simpsons are very famous so i like them very much...and south park too...!

they're really cool!

and futurama is boring -.-'

>.<

Not Ozymandias
04-15-2006, 06:15 PM
*sigh*

Yeah, it does.
:) :)

Retard
04-15-2006, 08:05 PM
i like all 4 of the most mentioned cartoons, my favorite being Simpsons.

Second half of the two parter had to be a little better only because of who the writers of Family Guy are, and the whole "retalliation" by the muslim world.
only complaint is the fight between Kyle and Cartman, almost as annoying as the Jimmy/Timmy cripple fight.

Mota Boy
04-16-2006, 03:04 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg gggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If possible, the prior statement would be in all caps.