PDA

View Full Version : Harlequin Babies: A tribute

FauxElitist
04-09-2006, 01:55 AM
This thread is dedicated to the attractive people out there.

CAN YOU HEAR ME, MIAMI!?!

Who loves ya, baby? (http://discharges.org/h/1101/)

She grew up with the children of the stars
in the Hollywood hills and the boulevards.
Her parents threw big parties. Everyone was there.
They hung out with folks like Dennis Hopper and Bob Seger and
Sonny and Cher.

And she feels safe now in this bar on Fairfax.
And from the stage I can tell that she can't let go and she can't
relax.
And just before she hangs her head to cry,
I sing to her a lullaby
I sing:

Everything's gonna be all right.
Rock-a-bye, rock-a-bye.
Rock-a-bye, rock-a-bye, rock-a-bye.

She still lives with her mom outside the city
down that street about a half a mile.
And all her friends tell her: she's so pretty
but she'd be a whole lot prettier, if she smiled once in a while.
'Cause even her smile looks like a frown,
and she's seen her share of devils in this angel town.

Rock-a-bye, rock-a-bye.

I told her I ain't so sure about this place.
It's hard to play a gig in this town and keep a straight face.
Seems like everybody's got a plan.
It's kind of like Nashville with a tan.

Rock-a-bye, rock-a-bye.

the_GoDdEsS
04-09-2006, 02:24 AM
Ichthyosis is pretty fucking disturbing especially knowing that it's alive and can reach even adulthood.

Reminds me of one of our old threads.

.:SMASH:.
04-09-2006, 02:27 AM
that is the most scary/disturbing thing i have seen in my entire life. that is no joke. i am very serious

FauxElitist
04-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Mission accomplished.

*flies off into the distance*

Tijs
04-09-2006, 04:37 AM
If I'd see that last one walking over the street like that... I'd seriously think it would be an alien, no kidding. I'd bash his head in.

Vera
04-09-2006, 04:44 AM
Mission accomplished? I guess you could say so. Welcome to the Ignore List.

04-09-2006, 04:47 AM
no one could ever create such a hideous thing....i will have nightmares about this, i am not kidding. i wasn't sure of my fear before, but now it's these things. i sure hope i never have to confront one.

ps: are these things considered human? serious question

the_GoDdEsS
04-09-2006, 04:50 AM

Duh. It's just a severe sickness. Read up, stupid. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlequin_baby)

Preocupado
04-09-2006, 05:09 AM
Great thing to see on a sunday morning...
And the third picture can't be true, that must be shopped.

04-09-2006, 05:13 AM
Duh. It's just a severe sickness. Read up, stupid. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlequin_baby)
to be 100% honest with you, i have never seen one of these harlequin babies before...thanx for the update

Paint_It_Black
04-09-2006, 05:32 AM
no one could ever create such a hideous thing....i will have nightmares about this, i am not kidding. i wasn't sure of my fear before, but now it's these things. i sure hope i never have to confront one.

Confront one? You are such an idiot.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-09-2006, 06:04 AM
Images removed.

platinumpt
04-09-2006, 08:38 AM
I honestly can't understand what's the matter about this subject that makes it worth a tribute.

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2006, 09:02 AM
I saw a special on TLC about two girls with harlequin ichthyosis...I had to stop watching it because it made me want to kill their mother. They had this monster that grew into an alright looking teenage girl (except for the greasy cream all over her that basically keeps her alive by not letting her skin get too tough), and then the mom wanted to give her husband a normal looking baby to hold even though the husband didn't want any more kids if they had the 1/4 risk of producing harlequin babies because it is not only gross but a form of child abuse, and then the bitch gets herself pregnant again and THEY HAVE ANOTHER HARLEQUIN, but this time she has harlequin ichthyosis AND cerebral palsy. Someone in England, please find this bitch and lock her up for child abuse.

FauxElitist
04-09-2006, 09:15 AM
That's so fucked up and depressing. Damning your own child to a life of agony and being an outcast just so you can selfishly feel happy about having another child... she should be beaten, you're right.

One tragic fact that I find depressing about harlequin babies (and retards too), is the likelihood that they'll probably love and devote themselves to their parents more than any normal child ever will. They basically need their mother and father to sustain their very existence... and the resultant amount of unadultered pure adoration that they probably usher on their parents, coupled with the fact that they die so young, in many cases after a life filled with both emotional and physical torment, makes their very existence to me an utter tragedy.

Regardless, the song lullably played to a crying harlequin baby is fucking hysterical.

FauxElitist
04-09-2006, 09:23 AM
I honestly can't understand what's the matter about this subject that makes it worth a tribute.

Don't be so insensitive, asshole.

Sunny
04-09-2006, 07:16 PM
My ex boyfriend, SicN Twisted for some of you, posted a picture of a Harlequin baby on Myspace for shock value. Just like you did.

So this thread puts you about on the same level as Mr Twisted in terms of original concept and sense of humor.

..and in case you didn't know, that's not exactly a compliment.

FauxElitist
04-09-2006, 08:11 PM
So are you saying that I am as bad as someone you dated (and probably banged) in order to acquire some kind of moral high ground, or are you just trying to hook up with me since I remind you of your ex?

And if you're trying to point out that it's not a complimentary comparison, please tell me the purpose of sharing that fact... does it make you feel big and strong... like a woman who has life in hand. Are you so desperate to assert yourself over someone else, who's just trying to share a meaningful topic relating to the horrors of a painful disease, that you will come in and try to deride them.

Being a vegetarian I would have thought that you would understand what I was doing. Animals, like retards and harlequin babies are at the very mercy of your average run of the mill western bastard ; by highlighting the tragic plight of these creatures, we're able to learn from our own prejudices and find some way to seek and make amends for our actions. Just as you may have become a vegetarian after finding out about the sick and sad ways that animals are treated.

I am not as quick as you, so please clarify what you meant by your above comments. I highly respect many members of this forum and would hate to start off on the wrong foot... especially when I am just trying to generate awareness about all the tragedy that the modern world shuns and turns its gaze from.

Note: SMASH, assholes like you perpetuate this cycle.

Sinister
04-09-2006, 08:13 PM
So are you saying that I am as bad as someone you dated (and probably banged) in order to acquire some kind of moral high ground, or are you just trying to hook up with me since I remind you of your ex?

I think I can answer this one, she's just putting you down where you belong.

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2006, 08:19 PM
FauxElitist, I think she was saying that it is boring and pedestrian to do things just because it will shock people.

FauxElitist
04-09-2006, 08:26 PM
It actually goes beyond the surprise. Something random is often surprising and shit, much like FamilyGuy. It's the context of the song that I find humorous -- unfortunately most people are stuck at stage one because they're yet to be desensitised to the appearance of pork cracklin'-esque babies.

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2006, 08:29 PM
unfortunately most people are stuck at stage one because they're yet to be desensitised to the appearance of pork cracklin'-esque babies.

Um, yeah, I think you just answered your own question there.

Sunny
04-09-2006, 08:34 PM
He is my ex. What makes you think I'd want to hook up with someone who reminds me of a person I no longer want to be with? Your logic astounds me.

And if you're trying to point out that it's not a complimentary comparison, please tell me the purpose of sharing that fact... does it make you feel big and strong... like a woman who has life in hand.

Yes, it makes me feel truly in charge and empowered. I choose to berate the poor and innocent on the Offspring message board in order to feel like I can have some impact on this cruel, indifferent world.

Or perhaps I was just jealous because you did such a spectacular job creating awareness and bringing the suffering of Harlequin babies to our attention with truly touching lines such as "Who loves ya, baby?".

JohnnyNemesis
04-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Smells like failure in here :(

Sin Studly
04-09-2006, 11:43 PM
My ex boyfriend, SicN Twisted for some of you, posted a picture of a Harlequin baby on Myspace for shock value. Just like you did.

So this thread puts you about on the same level as Mr Twisted in terms of original concept and sense of humor.

..and in case you didn't know, that's not exactly a compliment.

He does get points for not having a myspace, though.

Duskygrin
04-10-2006, 04:58 AM
okay so one glance at that thread before the pix got deleted & two words sprang to my mind: internet troll.