PDA

View Full Version : Until Next Saturday.

T-6005
04-09-2006, 01:24 PM
There is to be no drinking for Thibault. I have decided to abstain from alcohol for a week.

You may begin to be surprised now.

PS - Wish me luck. I'll need it.

sKratch
04-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Not going down.

All About Eve
04-09-2006, 01:29 PM
There's no way.

Edit: is this a lack of money influenced decision, with payday on Friday?

JohnnyNemesis
04-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Do you still exist if you don't drink?

Endymion
04-09-2006, 01:36 PM
i'd like to know the reason on the prohibition before betting on if he'll make it or nto.

Betty
04-09-2006, 01:53 PM
You know, I'm not sure how strongly you believe in this new resolution, but I'm gonna assume it's something you wanna do, so yeah, you can definitely make it. You've already made it through Saturday.

killer_queen
04-09-2006, 02:04 PM
He can do it. I really think he's gonna make it. I believe it with my whole heart.

Nah, of course he won't but at least one person should encourage him.

the_GoDdEsS
04-09-2006, 02:25 PM
I've called you a drunk Canadian hundreds of times. But I believe in Thibault. A week's not THAT long, really.

Sin Studly
04-09-2006, 02:48 PM
I managed four days sometime recently, so there's no reason you can't do six.

edit ; but just because you CAN do it doesn't mean I think you WILL. I'm voting no.

Andy
04-09-2006, 03:04 PM
I vote no, purely for the reason that I myself tried to go a week without drinking. I failed. And as you drink more frequently than me it'll be even tougher for you.

However, if you do last - then you're a bigger man than me.

T-6005
04-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Good to know you all have such faith. Inspiring, really.

Tonight is night 2 of 6.

Andy
04-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Four days is a long time in sobriety.

coke_a_holic
04-09-2006, 04:42 PM
You can definitely do it. After all, it is just 168 hours all together without that smooth taste of alcohol running down your throat. Good luck!

Preocupado
04-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Yes, for the hell of it.
But if this bet involved money, i'd sure like to know what's the reason first.

Paint_It_Black
04-09-2006, 09:00 PM
I have no doubt he could do it. I just don't think he will. I don't know what has motivated this but I think it's unlikely to be anything he really gives a shit about.

T-6005
04-09-2006, 09:51 PM
I have no doubt he could do it. I just don't think he will. I don't know what has motivated this but I think it's unlikely to be anything he really gives a shit about.
I want to see if I can, pretty much. No particular outside motivation.

Vera
04-10-2006, 01:17 AM
Dude, I'll do my best to be supportive. Because very seriously speaking? You have got to get a grip on the whole thing.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-10-2006, 01:45 AM
I don't care whether you abstain from the actual alcohol as much as I care about you restraining yourself from posting about it all the time. Because seriously, I like you and all, but it's really annoying that almost all of your posts seem to contain some mention of alcohol even when they really don't need to.

I have no doubt that you drink a lot. You have a reputation on this board as a drunkard, and I'm sure it's well-earned. Just please try not to milk it too much.

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2006, 01:47 AM
I don't care whether you abstain from the actual alcohol as much as I care about you restraining yourself from posting about it all the time. Because seriously, I like you and all, but it's really annoying that almost all of your posts seem to contain some mention of alcohol even when they really don't need to.

I have no doubt that you drink a lot. You have a reputation on this board as a drunkard, and I'm sure it's well-earned. Just please try not to milk it too much.

You just said word for word exactly what I always refrained from saying because I like him so much...

T-6005
04-10-2006, 01:49 AM
Not to be a smartass, but you probably should have said something. I might have been spared the extreme sadness of finding out this way.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-10-2006, 01:49 AM
You just said word for word exactly what I always refrained from saying because I like him so much...

Yeah, Thibault's (did I spell that right?) fucking awesome. It's seriously the ONLY thing he needs to do to improve.

coke_a_holic
04-10-2006, 01:51 AM
I don't mind it. I love T with or without unnessecary allusions to drinks. It may get old eventually, but I find it an entertaining addition to an already entertaining person.

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2006, 01:53 AM
Not to be a smartass, but you probably should have said something. I might have been spared the extreme sadness of finding out this way.

I did, but in (perhaps) overly subtle ways that aimed to show you that I still liked you and all.

I'm such a sensitive bitch, eh?

All About Eve
04-10-2006, 02:02 AM
I did, but in (perhaps) overly subtle ways that aimed to show you that I still liked you and all.

I'm such a sensitive bitch, eh?

Do you still exist if you don't drink?

No offense, but that's a tad hard to view as a hint.

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Which is exactly what I said when I used the phrase "overly subtle".

All About Eve
04-10-2006, 02:14 AM
How is that a hint at all? Overly subtle and not being one at all are two different things.

Paint_It_Black
04-10-2006, 03:50 AM
I want to see if I can, pretty much. No particular outside motivation.

That's what I expected.

And for the record, I don't find your rampant alcoholism to be annoying at all.

Sin Studly
04-10-2006, 04:39 AM

Even as a habitual and hopeless drunk, who is guilty of doing exactly what you do, I agree. It does get a bit much. I've long since had to learn to stop announcing that I'm drunk constantly, because I'm drunk pretty much 24/7. And yeah, it's hard, but you'll learn.

PS ; I'm so fucking drunk right now, zomg!

Andy
04-10-2006, 04:50 AM
I think that's a little harsh, considering that Thribault only seems to talk about being drunk in the drunk thread. Every other time there is talk of his drinking habits, the conversation is started by someone else.

And P.S. I've changed my mind: He will make it to next Saturday. Thinking about it, if it was me I would go the whole hog just in spite of all the doubters.

Rocky-girl
04-10-2006, 05:42 AM
If you a person of your word so of corse you'll do it. And if you want to.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-10-2006, 07:40 AM
And for the record, I don't find your rampant alcoholism to be annoying at all.

Me neither. I think it's just as much other people that bring it up, me included. It's not like he mentions it on a random whim every time. A lot of the time he's baited and responds.

Having said that, I don't think you'll make it. But I wish you would.

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2006, 07:56 AM
How is that a hint at all? Overly subtle and not being one at all are two different things.

I wasn't talking about just this thread. And it obviously was a bit too subtle if he STILL didn't pick up on it. Plus, in this thread, it was a j-o-k-e.

I think that's a little harsh, considering that Thribault only seems to talk about being drunk in the drunk thread. Every other time there is talk of his drinking habits, the conversation is started by someone else.

My friends, Dr. Treez was being anything BUT harsh in his comments. And no, the conversation isn't always started by someone else.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-10-2006, 09:08 AM
I'd say most of the time it is.

Paint_It_Black
04-18-2006, 02:25 AM
Well, did you make it? Be honest now.

T-6005
04-18-2006, 02:29 AM
I did. I had a celebratory drink on the Saturday in question, then went a day, then some more tonight. I'm doing well.

Vera
04-18-2006, 02:37 AM
I'm glad. :)

T-6005
04-18-2006, 02:49 AM
I'm glad. :)
I'm glad for your concern. I'm attempting to get a grip. It's just so easy...