PDA

View Full Version : Why did The Offspring go out

F@ BANKZ
04-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Why? Why was it the Offspring were forgotten by most people somewhere between Americana and Co1? I'm prety sure Americana is better, but Co1 isn't all that bad. Now The Offspring seem to be the people who did Pretty Fly, Original Prankster maybe and Hit That. And i even find people who claim to have never heard of The Offspring!!!

Enough with my phycological issues, can anyone answer; why did the offspring fall out of fasion.

.:SMASH:.
04-09-2006, 03:34 PM
we all must admit, co1 was pretty good but it just wasn't as impressive or punk as what they had previously done

F@ BANKZ
04-09-2006, 03:36 PM
None of the singles of Americana wich made the bands fame were either, apart from maybe TKAA

.:SMASH:.
04-09-2006, 03:38 PM
None of the singles of Americana wich made the bands fame were either, apart from maybe TKAA
yeah but everyone could enjoy pretty fly and get a job. and it was proved

bouncingcoles
04-09-2006, 04:09 PM
people would rather see bands that sound like generic shit with band members that wear more makeup then most girls. its sad but its true.
i hope offspring come back to the top with there next album. but we can only hope....

endlesst0m
04-09-2006, 04:11 PM
They aren't marketable. Kids wanna listen to bands that represent the image they're going for, and help them further that image. Offspring doesn't fit in to any kind of image.

F@ BANKZ
04-09-2006, 04:39 PM
They aren't marketable. Kids wanna listen to bands that represent the image they're going for, and help them further that image. Offspring doesn't fit in to any kind of image.
That's probably true but again The Offspring were famous before and before that with Smash, why would people have liked them in the first place if their music and image did not appeal? Do you think if they went back to an old style they could be famous again. One from Ignition, Smash or Americana.

endlesst0m
04-09-2006, 05:00 PM
That's probably true but again The Offspring were famous before and before that with Smash, why would people have liked them in the first place if their music and image did not appeal? Do you think if they went back to an old style they could be famous again. One from Ignition, Smash or Americana.

C'mon dude, you gotta do some thinking on your own, it obvious.

They're older now(and old usually equals less cool), and times/trends change.

If they went back to thier old style, it might slightly change the way people look at them, but not much.

Llamas
04-09-2006, 05:29 PM
why do people want the offspring to be huge again? I sure don't.

alistair13
04-09-2006, 07:18 PM
i agree totally ^. the offspring is that band that i can spread to people and in my school, everybody knows me as the guy that loves the offspring, and i'm sure there are other people that worship the offspring like it's their own religion. if the offspring got huge, few people on this bbs would have that ability again. we'd have a bunch of 12 year old fucktards running around with offspring t-shirts and cds.

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2006, 07:23 PM
why do people want the offspring to be huge again? I sure don't.

What band doesn't want to be huge, especially if they've experienced a decline in overall popularity? You think Green Day didn't fully intend on reclaiming every bit of their former glory with "American Idiot"?

But more specifically about the Offspring--I'm starting to wonder if being the platinum-selling venue-filling stars they were is where their heads/hearts are anymore.

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 07:25 PM
i agree totally ^. the offspring is that band that i can spread to people and in my school, everybody knows me as the guy that loves the offspring, and i'm sure there are other people that worship the offspring like it's their own religion. if the offspring got huge, few people on this bbs would have that ability again. we'd have a bunch of 12 year old fucktards running around with offspring t-shirts and cds.

That is pretty much my exact situation and I completely agree with what you said. I wouldn't want The Offspring to be like green day because it is too easy to be a green day fan nowadays. Everywhere you look, you see SOMETHING with green day. I want The offspring to become recognized for their serious music, but I don't want them to be like green day. Luckily, I don't think we have to worry about it.

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 07:27 PM
But more specifically about the Offspring--I'm starting to wonder if being the platinum-selling venue-filling stars they were is where their heads/hearts are anymore.

I don't think so. They have plenty of money already and I think they just want to focus on making good music. At least, that's what I am hoping they are thinking. Dexter is smart. He would have just given up with popularity after the hoorendous failures of their last two albums (even though I love them both). I thin that they are just going to say "fuck it" and do whatever they want. After all, they aren't trendy assholes...

yamabeans709
04-09-2006, 07:28 PM
now that i thinks about it, i hope they dont become huge again either, i just hope the new album is good enough for me to enjoy it

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 07:29 PM
now that i thinks about it, i hope they dont become huge again either, i just hope the new album is good enough for me to enjoy it

That's really all that matters. I mean, who gives a fuck if other people don't like it? As long as I like them, it doesn't really matter.

yamabeans709
04-09-2006, 07:32 PM
was conspiracy of one really such a huge failure? back then i wasn't really into music so i dont know much about how the critics thought about it or how much rotation the music achieved. personally i thought the album was great

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 07:33 PM
was conspiracy of one really such a huge failier? back then i wasn't really into music so i dont know much about how the critics thought about it or how much rotation the music achieved

It was their first album since Ignition that didn't go platinum.

bd007h
04-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Conspiracy of One > Americana

Bloodstains
04-09-2006, 07:42 PM
That's really all that matters. I mean, who gives a fuck if other people don't like it? As long as I like them, it doesn't really matter.

I agree completely. I like them and people at my school think I'm a loser because of it and they try to get me to drop The Offspring for bands like Good Charolette and Simple Plan. I don't want any of that crap. People get angry when bands that they like are insulted. As far as I'm concerned, they can say whatever they want about The Offspring. It doesn't stop The Offspring from ruling.

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Conspiracy of One > Americana

A week or so ago i would haev disagreed with you, but the more I listen to it, the more I begin to like it. Has anyone else noticed the storyline in it?

bd007h
04-09-2006, 07:43 PM
It was their first album since Ignition that didn't go platinum.

it went 1X platinum

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 07:44 PM
I agree completely. I like them and people at my school think I'm a loser because of it and they try to get me to drop The Offspring for bands like Good Charolette and Simple Plan. I don't want any of that crap. People get angry when bands that they like are insulted. As far as I'm concerned, they can say whatever they want about The Offspring. It doesn't stop The Offspring from ruling.

lol. I actually make fun of the other kids about their taste in music. So yeah, it's all good. ^_^

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 07:45 PM
it went 1X platinum

Serious? I had no clue! When did this happen?

ignition991
04-09-2006, 07:47 PM

I completely Agree with this, I hope their new album is good but i dont want them to go popular, cause everyone's gonna know them by their new popular stuff and not some of their greats like smash, and ignition, and americana.

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Guys...you act like the Offspring are an underground, undiscovered gem. They're famous as fuck already. Everyone knows who they are.

As romantic as it is to want them to be known for how amazing "Ignition" was...that album was 12+ years ago.

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Guys...you act like the Offspring are an underground, undiscovered gem. They're famous as fuck already.

True, but they aren't nearly as recognized as bands like green day.

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2006, 07:54 PM
True, but they aren't nearly as recognized as bands like green day.

No no, they really are. They just aren't appreciated like they deserve.

JohnnyNemesis
04-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Americana was utter trash in comparison to everything else, including Conspiracy of One. But to answer the question: well, it's hard to say, but Original Prankster was just a horrible, horrible mistake. I like the song and all, but it's just the most blatant, shameless rip-off of Pretty Fly (For A White Guy). I think even the morons thought "Damn, these guys are just trying way too hard". If anything, that's what sent them down at that point.

Sinister
04-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Americana was utter trash** in comparison to everything else, including Conspiracy of One.

**with the exception of The Kids Aren't Alright.

JohnnyNemesis
04-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Dude, The Kids Aren't Alright is one of the songs I really hate on that album.

Sinister
04-09-2006, 07:57 PM
you hate it, I love it, let's not get into an argument. back on topic.

Little_Miss_1565
Americana was utter trash in comparison to everything else, including Conspiracy of One. But to answer the question: well, it's hard to say, but Original Prankster was just a horrible, horrible mistake. I like the song and all, but it's just the most blatant, shameless rip-off of Pretty Fly (For A White Guy). I think even the morons thought "Damn, these guys are just trying way too hard". If anything, that's what sent them down more than anything else.

Johnny, eat 10,000 dicks for saying Americana sucked! It's still one of my favorite albums! :P

But I agree with what you said about "Original Prankster." I think that's what caused a lot of people to get turned off--we all know the Offspring can do better than writing the same song over again, especially after all they said in interviews etc. about not wanting to do Smash over and over again.

Drummerguy123
Americana was utter trash in comparison to everything else, including Conspiracy of One. But to answer the question: well, it's hard to say, but Original Prankster was just a horrible, horrible mistake. I like the song and all, but it's just the most blatant, shameless rip-off of Pretty Fly (For A White Guy). I think even the morons thought "Damn, these guys are just trying way too hard". If anything, that's what sent them down at that point.

I agree. OP and WYB were obviously songs that they made to sound like Pretty Fly. That's when people stopped taking them seriously, even though Co1 was full of incredible tracks like Dammit, I Changed Again, Million Miles Away, All Along, Living in Chaos, and Conspiracy of One. I would also like to add that Huck it would have been by far the best track on the album if they didn't have to be stupid and not release it i the US.

JohnnyNemesis
04-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Johnny, eat 10,000 dicks for saying Americana sucked! It's still one of my favorite albums! :P

I'll never forget the rollercoaster of emotion Americana took me on when I bought it on its release date. I went from practically creaming my pants after hearing Have You Ever and Staring at the Sun to the saddest disappointment from Pretty Fly through Walla Walla. It's just so....not good :(

DG123 - I agree 100% on Huck It.

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I'll never forget the rollercoaster of emotion Americana took me on when I bought it on its release date. I went from practically creaming my pants after hearing Have You Ever and Staring at the Sun to the saddest disappointment from Pretty Fly through Walla Walla. It's just so....not good :(

I'm sorry, I think my vision might be going...did you just lump "The Kids Aren't Alright" into the 'suck' section of the album?

"End of the Line" thru "Pay the Man" is fucking gold. :P

JohnnyNemesis
04-09-2006, 08:06 PM
...did you just lump "The Kids Aren't Alright" into the 'suck' section of the album?

Yes:

"End of the Line" thru "Pay the Man" is fucking gold. :P

YES IT IS! Well, except for WDYGAJ. But No Brakes, Pay The Man, and Americana are <3 <3 <3!!!

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2006, 08:07 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No secks for you!

JohnnyNemesis
04-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Pfft, I don't wanna be in bed with someone who likes that song ANYWAY :P

jacknife737
04-09-2006, 08:25 PM
I don't know, i want the band to be popular again, since as of late all i hear is green day this and green day that, on the other hand its kind of nice when a band is not too popular, as not every 12 year old is a fan, and the band tends to play better venues .

Llamas
04-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Americana is the best of the post-ixnay albums. the story line is incredibly smart and smooth. co1's storyline is not nearly as interesting or clever, and splinter has no story.

what don't you like about tkaa, JN?

In order for a band to get as huge as green day again, they often have to sacrifice *something*, and I don't want the offspring to do that. I want them to write for us, their true fans. And if they happen to get huge again cause of it, that's fine.

And little miss, how can you say the offspring are as known as green day?? Sure, they are for people ages 15 and up. Most kids younger than that who are into popular music know green day- everyone knows green day- my parents know them, because they're one of THE most famous bands right now. I know people who know offspring, but a lot of people can't name any songs by them, and most kids don't know them. Green day is a much more household name than offspring. There's no way offspring are as known as green day at this point. To people who were in the know of music in 1994 or 1998, yes, the offspring was as well known. At this point, though, green day is bringing in SO many new fans, while the offspring is bringing in few and clinging to their old fans.

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2006, 09:28 PM
And little miss, how can you say the offspring are as known as green day?? Sure, they are for people ages 15 and up. Most kids younger than that who are into popular music know green day- everyone knows green day- my parents know them, because they're one of THE most famous bands right now. I know people who know offspring, but a lot of people can't name any songs by them, and most kids don't know them. Green day is a much more household name than offspring. There's no way offspring are as known as green day at this point. To people who were in the know of music in 1994 or 1998, yes, the offspring was as well known. At this point, though, green day is bringing in SO many new fans, while the offspring is bringing in few and clinging to their old fans.

You do have a point. But this is precisely why I want the Offspring to become huge again.

Llamas
04-09-2006, 09:38 PM
man I ask why?

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 09:38 PM
JN- I have to agree that TKAA is way overrated. I like the song, but it is by far not a one of their greatest. Have You Ever/Staring at the sun, No Brakes, Americana, End of the Line, and Pay the Man (<3) were fucking genius, though.

Pretty Fly and WDYGAJ are really really REALLY bad as well, although I must say that I have a guilty pleasure of listening to She's Got Issues with a large feeling of delight. :o

But yeah, Americana's story was genius, but Co1's story was just more subtle and requires a bit more thought, which is what I love about The Offspring.

Also, although it didn't have a story, Splinter did have a theme. I'll explain later.

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2006, 09:47 PM
man I ask why?

Um, this part:

To people who were in the know of music in 1994 or 1998, yes, the offspring was as well known. At this point, though, green day is bringing in SO many new fans, while the offspring is bringing in few and clinging to their old fans.

Actually, I'd say they're bringing in few and losing a few, rather than totally clinging to their old. There are so many fewer people here now than there used to be. Whatever you think about how well-known Offspring are right now, you cannot possibly think that they've gone back to underground must-protect-the-precioussssss status.

Llamas
04-09-2006, 09:47 PM
JN- I have to agree that TKAA is way overrated. I like the song, but it is by far not a one of their greatest. Have You Ever/Staring at the sun, No Brakes, Americana, End of the Line, and Pay the Man (<3) were fucking genius, though.

Pretty Fly and WDYGAJ are really really REALLY bad as well, although I must say that I have a guilty pleasure of listening to She's Got Issues with a large feeling of delight. :o

But yeah, Americana's story was genius, but Co1's story was just more subtle and requires a bit more thought, which is what I love about The Offspring.

Also, although it didn't have a story, Splinter did have a theme. I'll explain later.

I don't think PF or WDYGAJ were that bad. I respect both songs for how they play into the album. Maybe the sound of them was not the best, but I liked that they were different, and branching out and trying new things. They didn't KNOW those songs were going to take off.

americana's story is quite subtle- you didn't realize it til I told you :P

Splinter didn't have a theme! you said that before, and you said "I'll explain later" then, too! it's theme was that it didn't have one! that it spread out and "splintered" and hit a lot of ideas.

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Um, this part:

Whatever you think about how well-known Offspring are right now, you cannot possibly think that they've gone back to underground must-protect-the-precioussssss status.

No, but I can dream, can't I?

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't think PF or WDYGAJ were that bad. I respect both songs for how they play into the album. Maybe the sound of them was not the best, but I liked that they were different, and branching out and trying new things. They didn't KNOW those songs were going to take off.

americana's story is quite subtle- you didn't realize it til I told you :P

Splinter didn't have a theme! you said that before, and you said "I'll explain later" then, too! it's theme was that it didn't have one! that it spread out and "splintered" and hit a lot of ideas.
By "later" I meant when I do another analysis of an album. ;)

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2006, 09:51 PM
No, but I can dream, can't I?

Dude, get over it. You like a really popular band. The cherry has been popped and nothing will get that back. Besides, don't you think it's kind of snotty to try and force a band to stay small just because you don't want anything to change?

Drummerguy123
04-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Dude, get over it. You like a really popular band. The cherry has been popped and nothing will get that back. Besides, don't you think it's kind of snotty to try and force a band to stay small just because you don't want anything to change?
No, I know exactly what you mean. I knew that they were popular already. After all, Smash DID sell 11 million copies, 2 million more than American Idiot has sold so far if I'm not mistaken.

Hypodermic_89
04-10-2006, 12:08 AM
I seriously hope that The Offspring don't go huge. People would start accusing me of being a wannabe if they see that I listen to The Offspring.. And I don't want to be part of the mainstream. But If they went huge, I would still listen to them. Not like with Green Day, they went mainstream and I stopped listening to them.

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2006, 12:15 AM
they went mainstream and I stopped listening to them.

That's just plain pathetic.

And what do you mean they "went" mainstream? Both bands have been incredibly mainstream since 1994.

Hypodermic_89
04-10-2006, 12:36 AM
That's just plain pathetic.

And what do you mean they "went" mainstream? Both bands have been incredibly mainstream since 1994.
Yeah well when I was younger I even listened to Good Charlotte.. And I've listened to The Offspring since -99, I can't just stop listening to them just like that. And I never quite liked Green Day anyway.. And now when they started with the whole red tie- and eyeliner thing, that just crossed the line for me.

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Advice: Ignore everything but the music itself, and base all decisions on that.

Llamas
04-10-2006, 01:45 AM
^^^ agreed. all that matters is what you feel about the music.

The meaning of life
04-10-2006, 02:15 AM
I think it dosen't matter what the band matter look like, And it dosen't matter if the band a popular or not..If it is popular nice for them, and if not too bad i mean listen to the music not the critics..
(sorry i know they probably have a lot of sentence mistake in this post but i'm here to learn :o )

notoriousdoc
04-10-2006, 02:49 AM
CO1 is an awful album, horribly generic and pretty boring. There's only 3 good songs on the album, MMA, Living in Chaos and Huck It. I never listen to it.

The meaning of life
04-10-2006, 02:54 AM
^I think Dammit i've changed again and come out swigning is two pretty good song...not the best offspring but not the worst..

Thomas
04-10-2006, 07:45 AM
OMFGZ!!!11!! Teh Ofsprng arn't mainstr3am tr3ndy @sshol3s!!!1!

But seriously, would any band that sells one million albums be considered mainstream?

Agreed?

Good.

Now take that one million and multiply it by 36 or so.

Llamas
04-10-2006, 08:09 AM
I don't consider mainstream to be determined based on sales. bad religion has sold millions of albums, but they are still considered indie. hell, bands can actually completely LEAVE the mainstream by leaving their major label and choosing to go indie. mainstream to me means they are ON the mainstream- they're currently huge, on the radio, on mtv, in the top 40, etc. the offspring were mainstream without a doubt from 1994 till about 2000. Now they still get on the radio, so I can't say they're not mainstream... but they're falling toward that little borderline.

Little_Miss_1565
04-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Bad Religion might have sold millions of albums *total*, but I severely doubt that any one of their albums went platinum even once. They are legends among punks, but they still got pretty pissed off that Offspring never asked them to open on the Smash tour.

Once mainstream, always mainstream. Don't whine about people 'accusing you of being a wannabe' and think that's a valid argument for the Offspring not becoming popular again. That is the most selfish and ridiculous thing I've heard all day.

Llamas
04-10-2006, 08:22 AM
you're right, bad religion's albums have only ever gone gold. my bad.

I am in full agreement with the "wannabe" point. If you don't want a band to be famous because you want to be "underground", then you need a life. go dig up bands that have never been famous. otherwise you're no more original than the guy who likes fallout boy.

jacknife737
04-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Bad Religion might have sold millions of albums *total*, but I severely doubt that any one of their albums went platinum even once. They are legends among punks, but they still got pretty pissed off that Offspring never asked them to open on the Smash tour.

Stranger the Fiction, i think went platinum eventually.

Kitten
04-10-2006, 08:26 AM
I seriously hope that The Offspring don't go huge. People would start accusing me of being a wannabe if they see that I listen to The Offspring.. And I don't want to be part of the mainstream. But If they went huge, I would still listen to them. Not like with Green Day, they went mainstream and I stopped listening to them.

I'm so punk, the only people that have heard of the band I'm listening too are the band themselves, beat that wannabe!

If you are seriously so worried about what other people think so as to change what you listen to, you need to grow a thicker skin. People are sheep. I don't give a fuck what the people I live with think of my music, and I know they don't like some of it, but to be fair, I don't like some of theirs. It doesn't stop me listening to my music.

Llamas
04-10-2006, 08:28 AM
yeah, he doesn't want people to like what he likes... in that regard, why is he into the offspring? they're too well-known for that attitude.

Kitten
04-10-2006, 08:30 AM
yeah, he doesn't want people to like what he likes... in that regard, why is he into the offspring? they're too well-known for that attitude.

He started listening to them in 1999 (according to his post) and yet that was one of their bigger periods popularity wise.

Amazed
04-10-2006, 08:33 AM
To stop listening to a band because they go "mainstream" is ridiculous. Does it matter what other people think? If you stop listening to a band because people might think you're a wannabe you never really loved the band.

Peedr
04-10-2006, 10:08 AM
To stop listening to a band because they go "mainstream" is ridiculous. Does it matter what other people think? If you stop listening to a band because people might think you're a wannabe you never really loved the band. Yeah, there's something on this opinion.... You're right. I would never stop loving my band, because of other people think something bad about them or me. I wouldn't care! The most important is that I love 'em.

Amazed
04-10-2006, 10:23 AM
The most important is that I love 'em.

That is so true. Every day someone tells me that The Offspring suck, but I don't give a damn 'cause I love them.

This is probably the first time someone on these forums has agreed with me. Let's be best pals :p

endlesst0m
04-10-2006, 10:24 AM
They are legends among punks, but they still got pretty pissed off that Offspring never asked them to open on the Smash tour.

Really? Are you just assuming this, or have you read it somewhere?

Who did they take on tour for that?

Lightyears
04-10-2006, 10:26 AM
I will always listen to the offspring. wheteher they blow up or dissapear completly, that does not change how i view their music.

Emily_offspring_fan
04-10-2006, 11:27 AM
That is so true. Every day someone tells me that The Offspring suck, but I don't give a damn 'cause I love them.

That's true. People always tell me that Offspring sucks and I'm the only girl in my class who likes them, and even there are people who told me who are them?? what's the offspring? they get on my nerves, but i don't care!

Peedr
04-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Let's be best pals :p We all are, we have the same taste... :p

defy me
04-10-2006, 01:11 PM
This is probably the first time someone on these forums has agreed with me. Let's be best pals :p

I agreed with you on many occasions! lol

Bloodstains
04-10-2006, 04:38 PM
That's true. People always tell me that Offspring sucks and I'm the only girl in my class who likes them, and even there are people who told me who are them?? what's the offspring? they get on my nerves, but i don't care!

I know how it feels. Half the kids in my entire school don't know who they are and the other half thinks they suck and they tourment me because I like them. I actually managed to get a few people into them, but eveyone else wants nothing to do with it, they'd rather go on not knowing what good music is. I could care less, though. I like them, and if they have a problem with that, then I don't give a shit.

Little_Miss_1565
04-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Really? Are you just assuming this, or have you read it somewhere?

Who did they take on tour for that?

No idea who they took on tour, but Greg Graffin said it in an interview.

I don't blame Offspring for not asking Bad Religion to open--I wouldn't ask my boss's band to open for my band no matter how big we were getting.

F@ BANKZ
04-11-2006, 03:32 AM
:mad:
I know how it feels. Half the kids in my entire school don't know who they are and the other half thinks they suck and they tourment me because I like them. I actually managed to get a few people into them, but eveyone else wants nothing to do with it, they'd rather go on not knowing what good music is. I could care less, though. I like them, and if they have a problem with that, then I don't give a shit.

Again, the feeling is mutual. Their are a couple of kids from other schools thoguh that claim to have been 'obsessed' with The Offspring for years, when all they know are half the songs of gh and afew unknowen ones they learn just so they can say they listen to the non-hits songs. They annoy me the most since they don't even like the band much and just want to look indervidual. Then again i guess that probably happens with quite afew bands. Still hate them though :mad:

OnSpring!
04-11-2006, 04:37 AM
Mortadella al rogo

Demon_of_Debauchery
04-11-2006, 04:49 AM
:mad:

Again, the feeling is mutual. Their are a couple of kids from other schools thoguh that claim to have been 'obsessed' with The Offspring for years, when all they know are half the songs of gh and afew unknowen ones they learn just so they can say they listen to the non-hits songs. They annoy me the most since they don't even like the band much and just want to look indervidual. Then again i guess that probably happens with quite afew bands. Still hate them though :mad:
There are some people at my school who claim that The Offspring are their favourite band but they think that Splinter is the only album they have done and they think that Pretty Fly is on it. :eek:

F@ BANKZ
04-11-2006, 05:42 AM
There are some people at my school who claim that The Offspring are their favourite band but they think that Splinter is the only album they have done and they think that Pretty Fly is on it. :eek:
Lol, seriously? What abot gh, lol give them an ignition from me. lol. Morons

Amazed
04-11-2006, 11:41 AM
I agreed with you on many occasions! lol

oh well... that was a loooooong time ago, and my memory is really bad. plus we are already best pals :p

my sister goes on about what a shitty singer dexter is and how all their songs sound the same. it pisses me off, but I'm not gonna stop listening to them just because she thinks they're the worst band on this planet. :)

defy me
04-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Amazed: Your memory can't be that bad!

There are only 3 people (including me) who like The Offspring in my year.

F@ BANKZ
04-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Amazed:
There are only 3 people (including me) who like The Offspring in my year.
Snap, half have never heard of them the other 147 havn't heard enough of them or simply just don't have the will to like them. Very few geninely dislake them, and yes i can tell when they do, im very fast like that.

Kill Boy Power Head
04-11-2006, 12:27 PM
the offspring did what they wanted to do no matter what was popular now its all about wanna be punk and pop such as simple plan and good charlote but they never changed they grew up and there music progressed but they always decided what they wanted to do

Dmarques
04-11-2006, 12:30 PM
the offspring did what they wanted to do no matter what was popular now its all about wanna be punk and pop such as simple plan adn good charlote but they never changed they grew up and there music progressed but they always decided what they wanted to do

That's true... actually they don't care about popularity...

Kill Boy Power Head
04-11-2006, 12:31 PM
thank you you are right they never did

defy me
04-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Snap, half have never heard of them the other 147 havn't heard enough of them or simply just don't have the will to like them. Very few geninely dislake them, and yes i can tell when they do, im very fast like that.

I know. But really annoys me is when they say they like them and they actually don't.

Kill Boy Power Head
04-11-2006, 12:36 PM
thats when you pull out your knife and stab them :p

defy me
04-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Haha, i would like to see that happen! :D :p

Dmarques
04-11-2006, 12:43 PM
thank you you are right they never did

Yeah... :rolleyes:

electric_alexa
04-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Around three people started liking Offspring when the got to know me :rolleyes: Only a couple of the non grunge/emo/punk/goth people know Offspring though and if they do its because of Pretty Fly

Kill Boy Power Head
04-11-2006, 12:46 PM
HAHA all the offspring fans killing all the simple plan fans lol :rolleyes:

F@ BANKZ
04-11-2006, 12:47 PM
I know. But really annoys me is when they say they like them and they actually don't.

Yeah there is only one thing worse han that, the girls in year 7. cloakroom that spend every break and lunch playing Pretty Fly, making dances to Pretty Fly, thinking of on how many electrical devices they can get Prety Fly, getting versions of Pretty Fly that just have 1 word changed, watching the Pretty Fly video (AND NOT EVEN LAUGHING AT GUY COHEN!!! :eek: ) without even knowing who wrote and performed Pretty Fly.

It sonds like i just made that up reading back, but honestly all those girls EVER do is worship Pretty Fly. If they could take an exam on Prety Fly they would do a million miles better than how their doing at school, which is awful, becase all they do in their pathetic education is w....... deep breaths Bankz, deep breaths.

electric_alexa
04-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Yes and also, when they try to copy you that they like theirs and want to get a t-shirt of them when they only heard like, 5 songs

defy me
04-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Yes and also, when they try to copy you that they like theirs and want to get a t-shirt of them when they only heard like, 5 songs

This girl bought an Offspring t-shirt and she only thought they had released Splinter.

Kill Boy Power Head
can some one help me its completly off topic but no one will answer me on offf topic fourms

F@ BANKZ
This girl bought an Offspring t-shirt and she only thought they had released Splinter.
Just kill her

Kill Boy Power Head
04-11-2006, 12:57 PM
k well im gonna say it any way for any of you computer genises<dont know how to spell. every time i go to download macromedia flash player the bar dosent drop down i turned off all the like pop up blockers and stuff i just dont now what the fuck to do can any one help me

electric_alexa
04-11-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm sorry but thats just p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c.

defy me
04-11-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry but thats just p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c.

Haha, it's also hilarious... in a twisted way.

electric_alexa
04-11-2006, 01:10 PM
well, I DO kinda get what you mean, but still, pl-ease!!

Kill Boy Power Head
04-11-2006, 01:11 PM
cmon plz can u help me

electric_alexa
04-11-2006, 01:13 PM
can't you press allow pop-ups from this site??
or turn off the pop-up blocker?????

Kill Boy Power Head
04-11-2006, 01:15 PM
i've done that

defy me
04-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah there is only one thing worse han that, the girls in year 7. cloakroom that spend every break and lunch playing Pretty Fly, making dances to Pretty Fly, thinking of on how many electrical devices they can get Prety Fly, getting versions of Pretty Fly that just have 1 word changed, watching the Pretty Fly video (AND NOT EVEN LAUGHING AT GUY COHEN!!! :eek: ) without even knowing who wrote and performed Pretty Fly.

It sonds like i just made that up reading back, but honestly all those girls EVER do is worship Pretty Fly. If they could take an exam on Prety Fly they would do a million miles better than how their doing at school, which is awful, becase all they do in their pathetic education is w....... deep breaths Bankz, deep breaths.

Thats really funny!

Demon_of_Debauchery
04-11-2006, 01:29 PM

all the year 7s at my school hang round the cloakroom but they sing Boulevard of Broken dreams using their hairbrushes as mics :rolleyes:

Peedr
04-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Kill Boy Power Head, don't know if I understood your problem correctly, but....try this link: http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/triggerpages_mmcom/yflash.html

defy me
04-11-2006, 01:35 PM
BOBD? Its more of American Idiot over here.

F@ BANKZ
04-11-2006, 01:42 PM
all the year 7s at my school hang round the cloakroom but they sing Boulevard of Broken dreams using their hairbrushes as mics :rolleyes:
lol, but the annoying thing is that the're not ever year sevens, their half way through highschool and just hang out in the year seven cloakroom and acting like eleven year olds, seriously i'm hinking about finding a was to destroy Pretty Fly, people like that, they have just completely ruined a perfecly memorable song so now its just irritating, annoying, fusrating, murder prevoking... hehehe.

Kill Boy Power Head
04-11-2006, 01:58 PM
what do you mean by 7 years?

Demon_of_Debauchery
04-11-2006, 02:09 PM
They're in year 7

F@ BANKZ
04-11-2006, 03:35 PM
That they are in year 7. Year 7 is the first year of highschool in England.

Ninty Man
04-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey, calm down with Pretty Fly, I just like the song, In fact, I like all their songs (except two or four...)

But... In the University... Im the only who really likes Offspring... and Im kinda newbie... since summer of the last year Im fan...well, in fact since 2004, for a Hits album... not legal XD

And now I remember that time of Pretty Fly... yeah... that was cool... unfortunately, or maybe by fortune??? they aren't not that popular right now, and you can enjoy them without being part of the... general taste

DeAtHsTaR
04-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I have turned 6 people on to The Offspring that never listened to them before in the past couple years.

DeAtHsTaR
04-11-2006, 07:35 PM
No, I know exactly what you mean. I knew that they were popular already. After all, Smash DID sell 11 million copies, 2 million more than American Idiot has sold so far if I'm not mistaken.
The difference is that Smash has sold 11 million in 12 years if I'm nto mistaken, and AI has sold 9 million in 1 1/2 years.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 08:11 PM
The difference is that Smash has sold 11 million in 12 years if I'm nto mistaken

You are mistaken, it did like 9 or 10 million in the first couple years it was out.

Thomas
04-11-2006, 08:14 PM
You are mistaken

Why am I not surprised?

Simon
04-11-2006, 08:15 PM
because it's dain.

DeAtHsTaR
04-11-2006, 09:18 PM
You are mistaken, it did like 9 or 10 million in the first couple years it was out.
I stand corrected.

DeAtHsTaR
04-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Whoa what's up with everyone making new accounts?

Ninty Man
04-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Whoa what's up with everyone making new accounts?

Because they know to count numbers.. hey I dont know :D

F@ BANKZ
04-12-2006, 03:35 AM
I don't know for sure, but Smash was an independent release, the songs on it pretty much did everything for themselves, Ameican Idiot i would have thought had a larger budget and stuff, seeing as Green Day has been popular for a while, now but i'm just assuming. Tell me if i'm wrong.

Gayman
04-12-2006, 08:28 AM
In my country Greatest Hits waas in the number one spot like weeks on selling albums! But still only one or two people in my school like The Offspring. And neither of them would buy the album. So my question is: Where are the people who bought the album and likes the band!? So like, if there are that much Offspring diggers in Finland that they are number one many weeks, shouldnt there be like 10-20 people in my school who likes them??? Nobody in my school even talks about them or anything???? Weird huh....

DeAtHsTaR
04-12-2006, 08:30 AM
In my country Greatest Hits waas in the number one spot like weeks on selling albums! But still only one or two people in my school like The Offspring. And neither of them would buy the album. So my question is: Where are the people who bought the album and likes the band!? So like, if there are that much Offspring diggers in Finland that they are number one many weeks, shouldnt there be like 10-20 people in my school who likes them??? Nobody in my school even talks about them or anything???? Weird huh....
Same way here. Actually, a shitload of people like them, but for some reason they're embarrassed to admit so.

Amiralanal
04-12-2006, 08:34 AM
im glad they did. now i dont have to share the offspring with all mainstream pussies.

Gayman
04-12-2006, 08:39 AM
im glad they did. now i dont have to share the offspring with all mainstream pussies.
"Pussies" that is my absolute favourite word :D !

And you are very true my friend....very