PDA

View Full Version : End of school...

Italia311
04-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Well, I am just about finished school and just got home from the pub with some friends. I dunno, it just hit me, but I am going to really miss these people that I had spent night studying with, doing homework and stressing out. Its hard to believe what a year of school can do as far as growing and perosonalities. I met so many different people, each of them with their own ideas and they way they live, it was just great.

Anyways, I will probably never see 90% of these people again, but it was great knowing them. It's kind of sad...

Anyone else know what I mean?

Thats my first and last end of the year post...

Rocky-girl
04-11-2006, 03:44 AM
I wish I like people in my class in that way. But I don't like them and I won't be sad after finishing school.

Kerr
04-11-2006, 05:59 AM
I kind of understand that. Most of the kids in my sixth form are idiots, and I won't miss them much. But those who I was friends with, or those who I've been friendly with, will be missed. The last day of term before the current Easter holidays, when the whole year 13 photo was taken, and when I was in my tutor room with some other kids I know, all the conversation between us was good, even with those I don't hang around with much. Though it's not yet the last day - that will be the year 13 prom, so it's not exactly sad moments yet.

Rocky-girl
04-11-2006, 10:46 AM
But if you're friends and want to communicate with them you'll keep on. I was in such situation: after 9 form many persons from my class gone, 2 my friend were among them, now I'm in 11 form and we still communicate and, I hope, will keep on.

killer_queen
04-11-2006, 12:04 PM
I know how you feel. This is my last week at my school so we are going to be together just for three days. And we can't even talk to each other because we need to study without having breaks. Although they were idiots I really like them and I don't think I'll find friends like them for all of my life. We grew up together, we really know each other. I don't know if I can stop crying on our last day... :(

Duskygrin
04-11-2006, 12:20 PM
It's sad to part with one's schoolmates. It's a chapter of our lives that ends, & we must turn over a new leaf. Yet we miss them so dearly, so dearly...

Kerr
04-11-2006, 12:58 PM
But if you're friends and want to communicate with them you'll keep on. I was in such situation: after 9 form many persons from my class gone, 2 my friend were among them, now I'm in 11 form and we still communicate and, I hope, will keep on.
Oh yeah, I most definately will. It's important to keep in touch with friends who are closer to you, and I definately will do that.

And having idiots as friends certainly doesn't mean you won't miss them - there is some idiocy in one of my current closest friends, but I will keep in touch with him still. It's just that most of my sixth form are idiots who I don't communicate with at all, hence obviously won't be missed.

Rocky-girl
04-12-2006, 03:58 AM
And having idiots as friends certainly doesn't mean you won't miss them - there is some idiocy in one of my current closest friends, but I will keep in touch with him still.
I think that friendship is only when you can forgive somebody his/her imperfections or just try not to notice them. Everybody have imperfections. But I didn't say that I can forgive all kinds of imperfection.

SaiKYoU
04-12-2006, 05:15 AM
the adantages of not being in 18th century is that you can still be in contact with your old mates man! msn, mobile phone, everything! Theyˇre leavng the town or smth like that? well! holidays! get a plane an dvisit them, then you'll be able to get drunk again with your old pals!
See the +positive+ side!

Isolated Fury
04-12-2006, 06:09 AM
It's sad to part with one's schoolmates. It's a chapter of our lives that ends, & we must turn over a new leaf. Yet we miss them so dearly, so dearly...
You make me want to become illiterate.

grunge
04-12-2006, 06:10 AM
What the hell are you talking about. I don't want to end school at all. Fuck, it's the last month in the school. I think I won't pass my exams. It is sad.

Rocky-girl
04-12-2006, 10:50 AM
What the hell are you talking about. I don't want to end school at all. Fuck, it's the last month in the school. I think I won't pass my exams. It is sad.
YOu don't want to end school 'cause you don't want to miss your friends or you just don't want to pass exams? Ты что какой последний месяц? Ещё до середины июня париться. Кстати слышал билеты поменяли?

JoY
04-12-2006, 11:10 AM
it was really double for me with very mixed emotions. on one hand I wanted to go so badly & just leave the lot & everything behind. a lot of stuff had happened at high school & it changed the situation for many of my friends & me. it also changed many of the relationships I had with my friends. I guess there's always something that can trigger a change in a friendship that makes it so that you don't really connect anymore. just growing up can do the trick. along the way you just find out who is willing to support you, reach out to you, talk to you, listen to you & generally just be a close friend.

knowing I would miss THOSE (going seperate ways & all), the persons I got so close with & even closer when things got kinda rough for every person individually in its own way & for their own reasons... wah, that was absolutely the hardest ever.

T-6005
04-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Leaving high school was pretty difficult. I'd had an absolutely awesome senior year, and being at an international school, there wasn't much chance any of us would see each other again.

I've tried to keep in touch with those that matter - or at least update them and get updated every once in a while.

Preocupado
04-12-2006, 03:07 PM
since the entire brazillian population seems to have an Orkut account i'm still in touch with my entire high school class.

Idon't really talk to some of them, but it's nice to take a look at theyr profiles and pics to see that they're doing well.

Italia311
04-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah. I wasn't talking about higschool really, I was just talking about university. At this school, everyone does a common year, and then we all branch off to our major. Because I switched universities and mojors, this school made me take first year pre-reqs....I just can't believe how one years time changed me...Im gonna miss those ppl...

Ppl from highschool...well, those ppl have been my friends for a while, I still see them...but at university, these ppl are from everywhere...

Betty
04-12-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm moving far far away in a couple of months to where I don't know anyone for at least 5 years, so it's a little daunting, yet exciting.

I have mixed feelings about leaving uni here. In my experience, I have pretty much made different friends every year so far, as opposed to having made super close friends and sticking with them. In first year I was friends with everyone from rez, of which half of them dropped out of school or I never saw again. Second year I mostly became better friends with the people I liked from rez. Third year was pretty random, people from everywhere. Really busy with school. These first three years I spent a lot of time with my boyfriend as well. This year I've really become close friends with some people from my program and some of the grad students that I work with. I've had different random housemates each year which means different random friends and acquaintances. So really, I've formed many acquaintances, many okay friendships, but only a few friendships so close where the people would, like, be invited to my wedding or something, or that I would really try and keep in touch with.

So it's sad in that I'm leaving SO many people behind, but at least it's less sad in that I'm not leaving too many super close friends behind. I'm not even going to my graduation 'cause there's no point. Although I do intend to party it up these last few weeks with as many people as possible as soon as I finish bombing my final exam tomorrow morning.

grunge
04-12-2006, 09:53 PM
YOu don't want to end school 'cause you don't want to miss your friends or you just don't want to pass exams? Ты что какой последний месяц? Ещё до середины июня париться. Кстати слышал билеты поменяли?

Да и хрен с ними с билетами. Уйду из школы не атестатом , а со справкой. :)

Rocky-girl
04-13-2006, 03:17 AM
Да и хрен с ними с билетами. Уйду из школы не атестатом , а со справкой. :)
Смешно. У меня в школе такой кипиш подняли, тушите свет. Типа всё конец света - билеты поменяли! Но похоже мы с тобой будем вместе со справкой!

killer_queen
04-13-2006, 07:49 AM
I feel really bad right now. Tomorrow is our kinda last day and I didn't let myself cry until everyone started to cry. Now I can't stop it and I'm not sure if I can find any good friends in university. My advice is don't let little arguements between you and your friends turn into big fights and don't waste even one hour. You'll definitely miss them.