PDA

View Full Version : I need help against women.

Preocupado
04-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Tomorrow's class will be on fire.

It's an adulthood psychology class but the teacher is a feminist and somehow last week's class became a vaginal speech. We are only three guys in a class with 21 women and we were caught unprepared, so it was bad. Considering that there are different concepts for gender, masculinity, femininity, feminism, etc. the class agreed on engaging on a new debate next class, and it'll be tomorrow night.

I'm already starting a completely biased research against feminism and in defense of men. Yes, totally 100% biased.

So, i need help with good arguments about why feminists suck and i also need good jokes about feminists.

I have some already, but they suck:

Q: How many feminists does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: That's not funny!

Any provoking links on the subject would be very appreciated.

T-6005
04-10-2006, 09:52 PM
You're going to get your ass handed to you.

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Completely and thoroughly.

Pissing off the teacher? GREAT IDEA!!!

barangatang
04-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Way to be original (?) (http://www.atlanticblog.com/archives/001674.html)

JohnnyNemesis
04-10-2006, 09:59 PM
He's obviously not trying to be original if he's asking us to contribute jokes too.

Little_Miss_1565
04-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Yawn. Booo-ringggg. Your kung fu is tired, preocupado. Instead of this retardation, why not try to read any of the assigned readings? Or, brush up on your gender theory and post-structuralism and quitcher bitchin.

Preocupado
04-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Jokes can always come in handy, if i can put my hands on a good one. And, Barangatang, what Johnny said.

Miss 1565, the assigned readings don't concern gender discussion, that's why i'm researching. I'm here asking for provocations and jokes. Something spicier than "gender argue kung-fu is tired", because that's not what i saw last week, in the middle of that poultry coop.

Little_Miss_1565
04-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Miss 1565, the assigned readings don't concern gender discussion, that's why i'm researching. I'm here asking for provocations and jokes. Something spicier than "gender argue kung-fu is tired", because that's not what i saw last week, in the middle of that poultry coop.

Um, no, I said that YOUR kung-fu is tired, namely that of "provocations and jokes."

Preocupado
04-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Hum, how about Schopenhauer-like stratagems?

The nature of the female

One needs only to see the way she is built to realize that woman is not intended for great mental or for great physical labor. She expiates the guilt of life not through activity but through suffering, through the pains of childbirth, caring for the child and subjection to the man, to whom she should be a patient and cheering companion. Great suffering, joy, exertion, is not for her: her life should flow by more quietly, trivially, gently than the man's without being essentially happier or unhappier.

Little_Miss_1565
04-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Good lord you really are boring. You realize that your very existence proves why radical feminism doesn't like men?

Preocupado
04-10-2006, 11:18 PM
No, how is that?

More Schopenhauer:

Insipid women-veneration

This is how the peoples of antiquity and of the Orient have regarded women; they have recognized what is the proper position for women far better than we have, we with our Old French gallantry and insipid women-veneration, that highest flower of Christian-Germanic stupidity which has served only to make women so rude and arrogant that one is sometimes reminded of the sacred apes of Benares which, conscious of their own sanctity and inviolability, thought themselves at liberty to do whatever they pleased.

Sin Studly
04-11-2006, 12:18 AM
Just quote Oscar Wilde.

T-6005
04-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Hit on the feminists.

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Thank you Justin! I didn't know a thing about Oscar Wilde, but some quotes seem fairly outrageous, in the meaning that i'm looking for.

How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.

Woman begins by resisting a man's advances and ends by blocking his retreat.

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

I'm taking a closer look.

Edit: "A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction. "

good, good, too good.

Vera
04-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Yay for equality.

wheelchairman
04-11-2006, 01:48 AM
You could always bring up the point that feminism in many western countries has perhaps been too succesful. In Denmark girls generally get better grades in school than guys. This is a difference from 30 years ago, when the system was clearly an advantage to guys. However I am not one to believe that women are just generally and naturally smarter than men, so this trend of pedagogy has put one gender at disadvantage.

Except any move made to help men will be deemed as sexist by the feminist lobby. So what's a poor boy to do?

Tizzalicious
04-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Feminism is a jewish conspiracy designed to weaken the west.

Vera
04-11-2006, 02:23 AM
I agree about the school systems, Per. In general school seems to be more favorable to girls but this doesn't mean there are no boys who're successful at school.

Also, when it comes to work life, men are still making bigger bucks than women.

Tizzalicious
04-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Sure Vera, some boys are good at school, but it still is disproportionately in favor of girls, and that is just not right.

You are right about work, however I wasn't talking about work and that doesn't justify anything.

Vera
04-11-2006, 02:49 AM
I know it doesn't but it kind of shows that despite favoritism in schooling, guys can get ahead.

Tizzalicious
04-11-2006, 03:32 AM
So? It's still the needless victimization of those who don't deserve it. Perhaps it even helps to perpetuate the problem. Where guys feel like they need to work harder to get where they've arrived, when girls had it practically handed to them.

In Denmark, in Math you get three equal grades. 1 in Oral math, 1 in written math and 1 in neatness. Can you imagine why there is a neatness grade at all?

Sin Studly
04-11-2006, 04:41 AM
Tizz, I love you for being a fearless crusader for equality!

Now iron my shirt.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 06:15 AM
1565 doesn't like this thread because she's a feminist herself.

Sunny
04-11-2006, 07:20 AM
oh my christ. whoa damn.

"So, i need help with good arguments about why feminists suck"

if you can't come up with any good arguments of your own, you probably don't have what it takes to be in an adulthood psychology class. Or any psychology class for that matter.

here's a good argument on your level: "all femists suk cuz dey r man hatezZ! dey hav hurry legz n eat mad pussy! bitch wheres my bacon! get back in the kitchen!"

happy yet?

At this point you're setting yourself up to be completely and utterly pwned by even the dumbest, most ignorant feminazis in your class. Have fun.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 07:23 AM

Except all the organizations I'm involved with are also trying to help boys in school as well, because it's true now that girls are achieving more than boys in the classroom. I don't like this thread because Preocupado can't cut discussing theory in class, so like a fucking moron he's trying to distract from this fact by being inflammatory.

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 07:26 AM

hey, i actually did get that feeling reading her posts. In a non-depreciative way i actually did get the same feeling from her replies as the one i got from the teacher.

Now i'm actually curious about why exactly you said this, Miss 1656:

"You realize that your very existence proves why radical feminism doesn't like men?"

EDIT: And Sunny, you're being retarded.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm curious how exactly you provide help to boys in school.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 07:28 AM
hey, i actually did get that feeling reading her posts. In a non-depreciative way i actually did get the same feeling from her replies as the one i got from the teacher.

Yeah but her reply actually convinced me that it's simply because you're a moron.

Although most women are likely to defend their sex when threathned.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2006, 07:28 AM
Now i'm actually curious about why exactly you said this, Miss 1656:

"You realize that your very existence proves why radical feminism doesn't like men?"

It's because you're refusing to look at facts, believe in archaic views of society, try to claim victimhood when you're a MAN, and...

well, you're also kind of an idiot.

I'll let her answer though.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I'm curious how exactly you provide help to boys in school.

Same way we helped girls in school--lots and lots of talking about it. Oh, and volunteer tutoring.

Sunny
04-11-2006, 07:31 AM
EDIT: And Sunny, you're being retarded.

You posted this thread thinking that you're being provocative, edgy and cool. Why should I take your opinion seriously?

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 07:33 AM

Because instead of trying to discuss the theory, you're resorting to kneejerk women-in-the-kitchen bullshit purposely trying to distract from the fact that you are retarded by claiming that you are a victim in your classroom. Boo fucking hoo.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Same way we helped girls in school--lots and lots of talking about it. Oh, and volunteer tutoring.

Well wait, do you help both sexes; or have you helped the girls catch up to the boys and when you saw them surpass the boys you decided to go back again and stick it for the "little guy"?

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 07:35 AM
It's because you're refusing to look at facts, believe in archaic views of society, try to claim victimhood when you're a MAN, and...

well, you're also kind of an idiot.

I'll let her answer though.

You're also kind of an idiot, Johnny, you're definetly a kind of idiot. Mainly, i think you're the kind of idiot who rushes into an argument based on yourclueless interpretations.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2006, 07:36 AM
You're also kind of an idiot, Johnny, you're definetly a kind of idiot. Mainly, i think you're the kind of idiot who rushes into an argument based on yourclueless interpretations.

Clueless interpretations?

Dude, you started bitching about not being able to hold your own in a class full of women, am I right? So, instead of arguing intelligently in a CLASSROOM, you want to resort to juvenile jokes and immature, baseless statements. Even worse, these juvenile jokes aren't even your own.

Right.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 07:37 AM
Am I a kind of idiot?

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Well wait, do you help both sexes; or have you helped the girls catch up to the boys and when you saw them surpass the boys you decided to go back again and stick it for the "little guy"?

Um, yes? Feminism is about equality.

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Because instead of trying to discuss the theory, you're resorting to kneejerk women-in-the-kitchen bullshit purposely trying to distract from the fact that you are retarded by claiming that you are a victim in your classroom. Boo fucking hoo.

I was a victim in my last class. Me and the two other guys had no voice during fifteen minutes of vaginal yelling ranting on birth giving pain, men who won't legitimate theyr parenthood at situations of undesired pregnancy, vasectomy instead of women having to take contraceptive methods, even vasectomy because feminine condoms aren't as easy to be found for free as are the ones made for men. Not to mention the patriarchal oppression and it's whole repercussion at the family's structure. And blah, fucking blah!

When the teacher finally saw that the class was out of time we told her that we wanted time to bring our perspective, then she mentioned that there are differences in concepts of gender. Before she said that she was just another yacking ranting idiot there, among with at least 80% of the other women in the class room.

And this thread is very clear. I said that i was beginning a research and i made the thread for the purpose of making jokes and provoking. Don't come saying that this thread is about my argueing abilities or whatever because you're being the bigger retard here by saying so.

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Clueless interpretations?

Dude, you started bitching about not being able to hold your own in a class full of women, am I right? So, instead of arguing intelligently in a CLASSROOM, you want to resort to juvenile jokes and immature, baseless statements. Even worse, these juvenile jokes aren't even your own.

Right.

wrong. read my previous post and see how you're taking a whole different image on this, based in god knows what.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2006, 07:59 AM
I was a victim in my last class. Me and the two other guys had no voice

You're crying way too fucking much, whiny bitch.

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Am I a kind of idiot?

well, you said i'm a moron, so i'll give you that too. Moron.

Izie
04-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Um, yes? Feminism is about equality.

Vlad:

Well then why are you operating under the banner for the "equality of sexes" (supposedly) if you help them both? How is this a concern for feminists? Maybe i'm getting something wrong so correct me at any point: but I understood that you are part of a feminist group whose activities include tutoring both boys and girls. Well why is it on your agenda?

well, you said i'm a moron, so i'll give you that too. Moron.

Impecable reasoning. Bravo!

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 08:03 AM
You're crying way too fucking much, whiny bitch.

Was i a victim in my last class or not? That's what you ppl are saying, that i'm playing victim. So, based on what i wrote on how the class went, was i a victim or not?

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 08:25 AM
You posted this thread thinking that you're being provocative, edgy and cool. Why should I take your opinion seriously?

omfg, can you tell me the color of my aura too?

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Vlad:

Well then why are you operating under the banner for the "equality of sexes" (supposedly) if you help them both? How is this a concern for feminists? Maybe i'm getting something wrong so correct me at any point: but I understood that you are part of a feminist group whose activities include tutoring both boys and girls. Well why is it on your agenda?

Um, helping kids in general is really important. Inequality starts early. Schools here kind of blow, anyway.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 08:28 AM
omfg, can you tell me the color of my aura too?

Nice. Nothing she said was new-agey at all. The only person you pwnt there was yourself.

And no, you were not a victim in your class. At all.

honey
04-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Ask them if it's 'their time of the month'.

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Nice. Nothing she said was new-agey at all. The only person you pwnt there was yourself.

And no, you were not a victim in your class. At all.

No? Why do you say so, because i felt like i was. I think i'm kind of sick of seeing women talking about how hard is theyr condition and talking about how our condition isn't. How many times did you fucking feminists asked a male about how does it feel like to be a man and all that it implies?

EDIT: Also, at least 90% of what is there for research on the male's side of the situation, even if it's pointing out our cultural difficulties, it's written by women.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Well, then why didn't you SAY something about that in class, you fucking coward?

That still doesn't make you a victim.

Vera
04-11-2006, 09:35 AM
How many times did you fucking feminists asked a male about how does it feel like to be a man and all that it implies?

Assface, there is a subject called Men's Studies - originally born out of Feminism and Female Studies (or whatever it's called in English). link to examples (http://www.google.com/Top/Society/People/Men/Men's_Studies/)

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Well, then why didn't you SAY something about that in class, you fucking coward?

That still doesn't make you a victim.

Bah, vai tomá no cu, que guria mais chata! Encheção do caralho que é aturar essa gente.

E vai pra puta que te pariu também, Vera! bando de filho da puta, não sei pq ainda me dou ao trabalho de responder sem ignorância.

T-6005
04-11-2006, 10:21 AM
That's petty, Preocupado.

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 10:22 AM
No, that's me de saco cheio.

Vera
04-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Epsanjalaispaskakasavittunaama, jos haluat leikkiä niin leikitään, hinttiperse.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Bah, vai tomá no cu, que guria mais chata! Encheção do caralho que é aturar essa gente.

E vai pra puta que te pariu também, Vera! bando de filho da puta, não sei pq ainda me dou ao trabalho de responder sem ignorância.

You talk a big game here, puto sucio, why didn't you do the same in your class?

Endymion
04-11-2006, 10:51 AM
that's one crazy long word, sanni.

i've been hearing rumblings around my campus of a rift in the chicano studies department. apparently critical mass has been reached and a chicana studies department is going to be split off...

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Why didn't you tell me you were a feminist before, big balls?

Endymion
04-11-2006, 10:55 AM
yes, i'm a feminist and yes, i have big balls.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-11-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm going to be a total loser here and say it's far harder to be a woman than it is to be a man. It's not hard to be a man, really.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Women do have priveleges socially--we get our drinks bought for us, sometimes men treat us specially because we're pretty. None of this is a privelege outside the bar, though.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Maria, we already know you hate yourself, no need to put it on display.

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Maria, we already know you hate yourself, no need to put it on display.

Congratulations, you just overlooked the best thing i've seen a real woman say until now in this thread from hell.

I don't like women crying about their condition. It shows a lack of fortitude.

the thing about theyr looks and smell is a stereotype, of course. (but guess what's my teacher like?)

That quote, in the other hand, sums up for the entire thread.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Preocupado: 1565 already answered the question you posed to me. And even if you WERE a victim in your class, you're certainly not a victim in the world, so quit your fucking whining.

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Whining, my ass. Shut up, Johnny.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2006, 12:09 PM
I think i'm kind of sick of seeing women talking about how hard is theyr condition and talking about how our condition isn't. How many times did you fucking feminists asked a male about how does it feel like to be a man and all that it implies?

If that's not whining, you need to learn what whining is.

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 12:11 PM
That's an argument. Precisely the one thing i haven't got from her so far.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Okay, you want me to respond without being an asshole? Here goes.

It's not a valid argument because it's not fully based in reality. No matter how hard it is to be a man, it is nowhere near as difficult as being a woman.

And the only reason people haven't respnded to you in a serious way (and the only reason I'm not bringing up examples) is because you've ACTIVELY shown in this thread that you're not interested in any argument but you're own, and you are NOT interested in the facts of the lived realities and social differences between gender groups. So stop acting like you even want a valid argument from her when all you're going to do is resort to false victimhood.

JohnnyNemesis
04-11-2006, 12:20 PM
^Wrong .

Preocupado
04-11-2006, 12:21 PM
No matter how hard it is to be a man, it is nowhere near as difficult as being a woman.

And that's based on reality because? <Insert argument here>

And the only reason people haven't respnded to you in a serious way (and the only reason I'm not bringing up examples) is because you've ACTIVELY shown in this thread that you're not interested in any argument but you're own, and you are NOT interested in the facts of the lived realities and social differences between gender groups. So stop acting like you even want a valid argument from her when all you're going to do is resort to false victimhood.

i started joking, but when people give me shit, i will respond to that. And i AM interested in the facts.

i claimed victimhood about the situation at the class, wich she responded with "you're not victim". Wow!

but the rest i've written is argueing.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Yes, Maria, women have it so much easier, especially when women still make 70 cents for every dollar a man makes. Clearly there's no more work left to be done.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 12:26 PM
no, unfortunately I'm right. Would that I were wrong. Care to back up your point somewhat?

Um, yes. FOR EVERY DOLLAR A MAN MAKES, A WOMAN CAN ONLY MAKE 70 CENTS.

Vera
04-11-2006, 12:26 PM
All the women have it easy nowadays.
Even if we don't go global (where it becomes obvious that all the women indeed don't have it easy nowadays), you will see this is not necessarily so.

Kerr
04-11-2006, 12:27 PM
I know that double standards can apply to men, by why moan about how hard it is supposed to be for a man? I know that I haven't properly experienced life yet, but so far being male, I seem to have it fairly easily without having to put up with periods etc... And as for your classroom experience? A lot of women are surely gonna face more situations where they're discriminated that us guys ever will, and this bad experience of yours isn't very commenplace (from what I've seen in schools).

no, unfortunately I'm right. Would that I were wrong. Care to back up your point somewhat?

My best mate is a feminist, & she's totally crazed. She wants the man NOT to interfere with the schooling of her children (to be born), she doesn't want her man to earn more than her, she doesn't want the word "man" to be used for "human"...

That's her combat, that's her fight. It's nonsense. Women nowadays can take the pill, can abort, can wear pants or skirts, can choose to educate their children the way they want, can divorce, ...

We are equal. All the rest that really matters is for the individual to work out. Not "women" at large. That's over & done.

hahaha, I'd like to see the guy pay me less than he would a man in that bank I'm working in. let him try. anyways he loves me he would never do such a thing. That's ludicrous.
Most feminists aren't like that at all.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 12:27 PM
yeah, we're not even going to talk about Afghanistan or the Middle East.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 12:29 PM
that's because you supplement your income, Maria. Don't forget that everyone here knows it.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah, it was low, I'll admit, but no one who makes a living in conventional ways would ever make a statement like that and think it was actually true.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Class issues indeed are finally coming to the fore of what people discuss as social problems. Along with those come the gender issues. As the west is realizing the widening gap between rich and poor, the nuances and facets to that which are the gender issues become clear.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Um, helping kids in general is really important. Inequality starts early.

Well I tip my hat off the effort, but I fail to see how helping both genders helps offset inequality.

Um, yes. FOR EVERY DOLLAR A MAN MAKES, A WOMAN CAN ONLY MAKE 70 CENTS.

I think it's pretty normal that between taking care of the kids and the house, a woman is left less qualified to (and ergo deserving a smaller pay) to make what a career-ambitious man makes.
I'm not familiar with the situation for how it comes to it, but if it a matter of mere statistics, I think the situation is entierly understandable.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah but two people can execute one job differently, a one who has spent his life in the office and worked hard for a career will be probably better remunarated than she who took two maternal leaves, who came in sleep-deprived and tired in the office for a whole week because her five year old had tooth ache, or because she is never availible for after-hours because she has to pick up her kids from school, or because she frankly finds little room to give a fuck for a job when her mind is elsewhere.
Hey, I fully respect such a woman and I don't knock her one bit and i've no idea how a man would co-op with the situation was he carrying the same responsabilities, but to an employer it makes a big gap between hiring Him over Her (and consequantly paying him more); and I have no problems with that.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Well I tip my hat off the effort, but I fail to see how helping both genders helps offset inequality.

I think you're thinking too hard about this one thing that is actually only a part of what is done.

I think it's pretty normal that between taking care of the kids and the house, a woman is left less qualified to (and ergo deserving a smaller pay) to make what a career-ambitious man makes.
I'm not familiar with the situation for how it comes to it, but if it a matter of mere statistics, I think the situation is entierly understandable.

Um, but what about women who don't have kids and a house? We still make less pay for the same work. It's not a matter of way down the line after years of work there's this inequality, it's from the gate even in entry-level positions fresh out of college. I think the larger issue is that you can't paint with a broad brush on why women shouldn't get equal pay, because there are all kinds of women who do not fit the scheme you describe.

Apathy
04-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Now, I'm not sexist or anything, but I do know that some women are retarded about things like this. Sometimes they wanted to be treated like a woman, and sometimes they don't. If we're equal, then why do we have open doors, pull out chairs, ect?

I now banish myself from posting in this thread again.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 01:34 PM
I think you're thinking too hard about this one thing that is actually only a part of what is done.

It just struck me as peculiar, that's all, but I think the initiative is brilliant. I only hope there isn't any agenda to fuck up the kids' mind.

Um, but what about women who don't have kids and a house? We still make less pay for the same work.

But how predominant is it? I'd like to think that such stories are an exception, and that the culprits are identified and the issue corrected, as far as money is concerned to say the least.

Edit: entry-level you say? I'm very reluctant to believe this happens under the current laws.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Now, I'm not sexist or anything, but I do know that some women are retarded about things like this.

LOLLERCAUST!!!

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 01:39 PM
well, I find it hard to disagree. But why should women raise the kids & take care of the house matters & leave the men to take over the career?

Because who else is going to do it? Duh.
I think that the father should play his role, naturally, but its first and foremost the duty of a mother to take care of kids and I wouldn't have it otherwise in my family.

Apathy
04-11-2006, 01:40 PM
LOLLERCAUST!!!

alright, I know I said I wouldn't post anymore in here, but I honestly have no idea what the hell you mean by that.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 01:40 PM
That's *your* family, Vlad. You can't force your ideal domestic structure on an entire society.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 01:41 PM
alright, I know I said I wouldn't post anymore in here, but I honestly have no idea what the hell you mean by that.

You said you weren't being sexist, and then went on to make not only a sexist but retarded statement. Thus, the lollercaust.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 01:44 PM
That's *your* family, Vlad. You can't force your ideal domestic structure on an entire society.

Nor can you.
And anyways i'm satisfied with these manners being applied simply in my house and the close circle that matters to me, and the rest can do whatever the fuck they want.

We're delicate affairs... actually men only do it coz it's called 'gallantry' & they find pleasure in it

No, man do it because it's a tip their father have given them which they heard from their father which they heard from their father on how to nail a chick. Reality is most women today are discusting and I wouldn't bend myself twice to take care of a big majority of those.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Nor can you.

All I'm fighting for is the ability to choose how one orders one's household, and that the head of household whether male or female can earn a living to support said household without ridiculous barriers just because of the sex of that head of household.

Apathy
04-11-2006, 01:49 PM
You said you weren't being sexist, and then went on to make not only a sexist but retarded statement. Thus, the lollercaust.

Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

That's the definition of sexist.

If I said "women are retarded about things like this." Now that's sexist.

I said "some women"

As an example: here's a stereotype.
Mexicans are lazy.

If I say, Some Mexicans are lazy, it's not a stereotype. It's true. All races have some lazy people.

I honestly don't think what I said was sexist or retarded. Sure, it's a little dumb, I didn't know how to phrase it. I know what I was talking about at least.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 01:55 PM
And i'm fighting for the man's ability to remain the head of a house because I can't otherwise stomach a feeble, emasculated drag be bossed around by a woman.
I'm being semi facetious, actually, and somewhat vulgar, I admit. Heh. What I do want is a healthy balance of both a mothers and fathers presence, and for my part I intend to play a big role in raising my kids, except I wouldn't stand for a woman who thinks her duty towards a child can be weighted 50/50 with a husband on some stupid sex scale. Fuck modern society.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 02:12 PM
I like the duties split equaly in terms of importance and their respective effect on the child's life, but as far as attention and cuddling and other heavier time-consuming activities go- the kids ought to get it from his mother, which, incidently, takes heavier toll on her schedule ergo making work a far more distant priority. I, too, intend to care about the child much more than my career or "life goals" but I don't think, on average, the man can surpass the care and attention given by his wife.
A silly example, but if say we both sat to watch TV while the kids amused themselves outside, i'd expect the female to wonder "where are the kids" out loud on a more frequant occasion than the male.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Vlad, you're presupposing that the male head of household sticks around to see the kids grow up, which sadly is not the case for a lot of families.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 03:30 PM
MAria, I don't want to impose on the kid on to whom he ought to be tied more, but I do think that in the majority of cases the mother will remain more accessible, and that's exactly what we are talking about--averages. A more personal scenario ought to dictate different circumstances.

Vlad, you're presupposing that the male head of household sticks around to see the kids grow up, which sadly is not the case for a lot of families.

Very true, and it's unfortunate for the woman and let me tell you I have zero respect for a man who abandons his family, but this is one more reason why women end up with shittier jobs: because havin' to take care of a family obviously blows the wind from under her sails and gives her less enthusiasm to perform in an office, and this will reflect in their paycheck. Whereas for a man, in a case of a split up, he ends up with reduced responsability (in regards to family) and therefore is more likely to concentrate on his job.

For the record, I have Izie sitting here to translate me the female-to-male jargon so I understand where you two are coming from, and incidently she dictates my speech (applicable only in this post) so I don't get missunderstood. Apperantly women wouldn't like what I wrote above. Hmph. Who woulda thunk.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Vlad, please dont' forget that unmarried, childless women still make less money than men for the same work. It's not just a matter of women being distracted by the responsibilities of childcare that would explain it away.

HornyPope
04-11-2006, 03:44 PM
It's a shame, but I doubt it's that widespread. You have any relevant statistics? The main factor behind salary disprancy between a non-married, childess female and a male is a result of prejudiced employers. Not that it makes it any more fair for you girls, but it's not something you can like fix. Employers are jackasses and the fear alone of a woman getting pregnant makes em less likely to offer her a good position. I don't support it.
However, I was debating earlier, and I want it to be understood, that the woman does remain the predominant care-giver for children (and i fully approve of it) and as a result this hinders her performance at work vis a vis the males who give less attention to their kids. As far as averages goes at least.
Obviously, a case per case situation may be entierly different.

calichix
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
ugh, I was in a women's psychology class for ONE NIGHT and I momentarily turned into a rabid chauvinist. it's not like men ASK women to play dumb for them or to fight each other for them or to feel bad about themselves for them. women do it on there own. just because men are the catalyst for most chicky problems doesn't mean it's their fault chicks can't get their estrogen under control. I think the strongest force under the sun is a strong woman who can be witty and cunning for HERSELF and without letting herself be belittled by what she thinks a man's expectations of her are. not all feminists are dumb, but the ones who are are ALWAYS pissing and moaning so they give all feminists a bad name. ohhhhhhhhh I could go on forever. women's psychology did for me the antithesis of what it was supposed to. I wanted to go out and give every boy on the planet a hug for being so understandable and one-dimensional.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 04:28 PM
It's a shame, but I doubt it's that widespread.

yes. In the united states, women make .70 for every 1.00 a man makes. It is that widespread.

Betty
04-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm not really a part of this discussion, but at least it got ramped up a notch on this last page.

I, too, am finding it hard to believe that, in Western society at least, if I were to apply to the same job as a man with the same qualifications, at the same place, and there were two open positions, that *I* would earn less money. Because that is how you are making it sound Sarah. I would think that the statement about "70 cents to a dollar" is heavily dependent on statistics and that there are many things coming into play besides this simple automatic injustice towards women. So yes, I have a difficult time accepting that statistic at face value.

I do also agree however that there are many ways in which women still are not entirely "equal" in society. On the legal side, I think most of this has been resolved (is it not illegal to pay women less than men? is it not illegal to hire a man over a woman? etc. not that people don't get away with these things regardless). But the problems stem from this innate, often subconscious, view that men are still superior to women that is ingrained in peoples' minds, simply from having been raised in this society. I used to be of the mind that since the legalities were taken care of, and relatively recently, we just had to wait it out and once people gradually changed their minds, men and women would finally be on the same foot. And then I figured out why feminism is useful, and that is simply to raise awareness. It makes you realize that you DO subconsciously think these things and that they are not necessarily true, and hence speeds up the process of mentally adjusting to the equality.

I mean, even *I* often believe men to be superior to women in many ways. I don't believe myself to be inferior, but I do feel that way about other women sometimes. So when I am in charge of something important in my future career due to my awesomeness, I'm gonna hire myself a man. (That's supposed to be a joke... but in all seriousness, I may be much more inclined to, I'm not sure yet).

Also, I think it's important to realize that it's not just about superiority and inferiority, but that it's about differences, and people shouldn't be afraid to admit this.

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 04:46 PM
I, too, am finding it hard to believe that, in Western society at least, if I were to apply to the same job as a man with the same qualifications, at the same place, and there were two open positions, that *I* would earn less money. Because that is how you are making it sound Sarah.

Believe it. Ask other women who have been in office/whathaveyou professional positions. Most employers will fix the discrepancy when confronted, but the fact of the matter is that if you don't fight like a fucking dog, your salary will be less than that of a man in that position.

HeadAroundU
04-11-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm hungry, ladies! :D :o :p

don't kill me, please

0r4ng3
04-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Don't worry. Women aren't the only ones who want to kill you.

HornyPope
04-12-2006, 05:21 AM
yes. In the united states, women make .70 for every 1.00 a man makes. It is that widespread.

But what's the disperancy between a male and female entry-level pay? Show me proof. I don't deny it's impossible, but i'd think the current laws against gender bias have brought it to the very minimum.

Sin Studly
04-12-2006, 07:32 AM
Feminist organisations say that shit all the time.

They forget to mention that it's all working women on average compared to all working men on average, without paying any attention to the fact that not all men and women are working the same fucking jobs.

Women don't get paid less for the same work. It's just that women are stupider and don't work as hard as men, on average, so naturally the average man is earning more because he does a harder job.

Little_Miss_1565
04-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Yeah, that's why women mainly do the manufacturing for electronics, Justin.

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic/products/indwm/ww2005/tab5g.htm

There's the United Nations statistics on women's wages as a percentage of men's, broken down by country, only in the manufacturing sector.

HornyPope
04-12-2006, 07:41 AM
There's the United Nations statistics on women's wages as a percentage of men's, broken down by country, only in the manufacturing sector.

Except it doesn't show the difference between entry-level salary.

I will willingly admit that women makes less than men on average because we've seen all the figures before, but my argument is whether a woman will get a lower salary based only because of her gender; and here I remain sceptical.

Sin Studly
04-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Yeah, that's why women mainly do the manufacturing for electronics, Justin.

You've got little fingers. They also used 8 year olds in the coal mines, cause they needed little bodies.

But seriously, show the slightest bit of proof ; even if its something that could be a one-off thing, a single company that pays less to its women than to its men for the same job.

Cause when it comes down to it, all the bullshit feminists sprout about equal wage for equal work is bullshit, because they drop the whole "equal work" part from their arguments.

Little_Miss_1565
04-12-2006, 07:59 AM
Now maybe YOU'RE the one talking about one single company. When we are doing the same work as a man, we want to be paid the same. That's always been part of the argument. Lazy bitches excluded.

One of the reasons is that women are pressured by societal expectations not to ask for as much as men. We undervalue our own work because, for some, we're made to feel like we're not worth as much (WONDER WHY, JUSTIN), and other times like we should gratefully accept the first salary offer we're given in a salary negotiation meeting. But this is only for some instances.

Whatever the reason, women--like men--should be evaluated on an individual basis per individual company and not paid less because we're assumed to be spending more attention on our kids--which we may or may not have, for fuck's sake. And even if we do, some women are able to compartmentalize.

calichix
04-12-2006, 03:14 PM
you're some kinda wonderful, little lady.

T-6005
04-12-2006, 03:23 PM
That's womyn for you.

Preocupado
04-12-2006, 06:59 PM
I had my class today. There were no decent arguments flying around, just a few tiny, almost invisible sparks of reasoning after each rent. The time was up again, so i'll present my stuff next week. I left the class with my head completely full just from the few stories i paid attention to. My god, women talk.

Little_Miss_1565
04-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Cry me a river. It's a shame you dont' have the balls to talk, too.

Preocupado
04-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Go delusional http://www.offspring.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Sin Studly
04-13-2006, 01:17 AM
we're made to feel like we're not worth as much (WONDER WHY, JUSTIN)

Umm...... because you're not?

ninthlayer
04-13-2006, 01:26 AM
I wish a wimmins would come bring me foodstuffs. I'm quite hungry.

Sin Studly
04-13-2006, 01:27 AM
Sarah! Bring the man a roast beef sandwich!

Vera
04-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Luckily you can always eat your own dick.

Sin Studly
04-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Here's a funny joke.

Q. Why do women get periods?
A. Because they deserve them.

Vera
04-13-2006, 01:33 AM
You're as funny and talented as a female comedian, Justin.

Sin Studly
04-13-2006, 02:42 AM
But I can always eat my own dick, right?

Vera
04-13-2006, 02:59 AM
Only if you're hungry.

ninthlayer
04-13-2006, 03:45 AM
Luckily you can always eat your own dick.
Too small of a portion.

Vera
04-13-2006, 03:58 AM
Well, you can't have everything.

Sinister
04-13-2006, 05:05 AM
can't be bothered to check 14 pages to see if it's already been said, but :

Preocupado, if you need help against women you shouldn't say it openly.

Preocupado
04-13-2006, 06:06 AM
What did you imagine with that title??

Little_Miss_1565
04-13-2006, 06:43 AM
Sarah! Bring the man a roast beef sandwich!

Sorry, I'm vegetarian.

Sunny
04-13-2006, 07:35 AM
I wish a wimmins would come bring me foodstuffs. I'm quite hungry.

i'd bring you tacos! from taco bell! ;p

on another note, men trying reeeallly to be anti-feminist and controversial is a pretty sad sight.

Sin Studly
04-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Sorry, I'm vegetarian.

....... so?

And Sunny, who's trying? The only sad part is that anti-feminism is contraversial.

Little_Miss_1565
04-13-2006, 08:05 AM
EVERYTHING is controversial, Justin. Everything. Feminism is controversial, anti-feminism is controversial, heterosexual sex is controversial, being vegetarian is controversial, not being vegetarian is controversial, spending all one's time on the interweb is controversial. Savvy? Everything is controversial, and your trying really hard to point this out is getting old.

I don't know how to make foods with meat in them, since I learned to cook after I became vegetarian. And when it comes to making sandwiches, I prefer not touching gross meatstuffs.

Sin Studly
04-13-2006, 08:14 AM
That's.... an interesting definition of controversial...

Little_Miss_1565
04-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Oh, now don't tell me that someone so well-versed in the fine art of controversy doesn't see how all those things are controversial.

Sin Studly
04-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Okay, after a quick dictionary check ; you're right. But you know as well as I do that people having different views on an issue isn't exactly what Sunny meant when she said people are trying to be "controversial".

Little_Miss_1565
04-13-2006, 08:51 AM
...except you are purposely trying to force the antithesis of what's being discussed here, which would be trying to be controversial. In the dictionary: "The act or practice of engaging in such disputes: writers skilled at controversy."

the_offsprings_monkey
04-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Just mention she has nice hair, she'll like you from there on.

Little_Miss_1565
04-13-2006, 10:43 AM
If that's how you got Kim, I dont' think that's advice that anyone would want to follow.

Preocupado
04-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Never mind the debate. For next week, i think i'll just work on my patience.

Sin Studly
04-14-2006, 04:09 AM
...except you are purposely trying to force the antithesis of what's being discussed here

Actually, I'm staying to what preoccupado asked for in the first place. You'd be the controversial one, preaching for equal pay.

Little_Miss_1565
04-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Never mind the debate. For next week, i think i'll just work on my patience.

Might want to work on your cowardice and retardation, instead.

Sin Studly
04-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Personally, I just wanna know how he ended up in a women's studies class or whatever the fuck he's in.

Was it a really really badly-thought out attempt at scoring more chicks?

HeadAroundU
04-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I bet you have a sensitive vagina.

Preocupado
04-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Justin, it's an Adulthood Psychology class and the teacher is a feminist, so she felt like hijacking a few classes to let her "accomplices" outburst theyr problems. She claimed that we hould have a gender discussion. Never happened.

Little Miss, when you introduce your balls to most feminists, they'll try everything they can to prove that they have bigger ones. Can you define courage?

Apathy
04-14-2006, 08:16 PM
EVERYTHING is controversial, Justin.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/asdcfrewq/fuzzything.jpg
controversial?