PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy of One was terrible.

Tizzalicious
04-11-2006, 04:40 AM
Seriously, anyone who likes that sucks.

Smash was also a terrible album. Isn't anyone else creeped out by the fact that it was a 30 year old man who was singing about not being a trendy asshole? I mean wow, pathetic.

Americana is a good album. Nice easy rock listenin'

- WCM

OnSpring!
04-11-2006, 04:49 AM
What are you talking about?
I'm a true offspring fan and i like all their albums!!
Also conspiracy is a good album!
Bye

"Mortadella al rogo" "Berlusconi 4 ever"

Kitten
04-11-2006, 04:59 AM
Bye

Do you like all their songs too?

OnSpring!
04-11-2006, 05:00 AM
Yep,
also the b-sides and the covers!
Ignition is one of my favourite album!

Kitten
04-11-2006, 05:05 AM
Yep,
also the b-sides and the covers!
Ignition is one of my favourite album!

You've heard all of their songs, right? I didn't think it was possible to like every song by one artist. Unless of course the artist you like only has one song.

Dexter_italy
04-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Bye

How can you say berlusconi 4 ever and like the offspring?? offspring are against people like him...anyway fuck you and belusca..prodi won

in italian

Come cazzo fai a dire berlusconi 4ever e ascoltare gli Off?? loro sono contro le persone come lui...ad ogni modo fottiti tu e berlusca...ha vinto prodi
________
Crop Insurance Forums (http://www.insurance-forums.org/crop-insurance/)

platinumpt
04-11-2006, 05:35 AM
Pfff, Per, I disapprove your taste in music to a certain extent.

Hux
04-11-2006, 05:50 AM
If wheelchairman is serious,

Conspiracy Of One is a great album (at least in my opinion), it may have been overproduced but it's still got great songs on it.

Smash is also great album, who gives a fuck about how old Dexter was when he sang/recorded the song.

Americana is also a great album (as I've said to all the others :p)...

Dexter_H
04-11-2006, 06:03 AM

Smash was also a terrible album. Isn't anyone else creeped out by the fact that it was a 30 year old man who was singing about not being a trendy asshole? I mean wow, pathetic.

- WCM
Oh dear, all the people that are going to suck because you said so. Seriously, what a waste of webspace. Badly done.

F@ BANKZ
04-11-2006, 06:05 AM
Smash was also a terrible album. Isn't anyone else creeped out by the fact that it was a 30 year old man who was singing about not being a trendy asshole

- WCM
Yep only Dexter could get away with being 30 and singing Youth
Energy.

Personally i don't like Co1 or Smash quite as much as Americana, Splinter and Ignition (the others are inbetween). I think it's because Co1 doesn't have any... Outstanding songs like Smash's COAP, Self Esteem and maybe Gotta Get Away but Smash lacks the permanent delivery of very enjoyable songs that Co1 gave out e.g. One Fine Day and MMA

Lightyears
04-11-2006, 06:15 AM
Thanks for your opinion and telling me I suck.

Co1 is my favorite album.

I don't give a shit what you think.

offspringer24
04-11-2006, 06:15 AM
smash is possibly there best album and although all there albums are excellent splinter is probably the weakest! co1 was very underated also.
I CANNOT STAND PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT SO DONT BOTHER FUCKIN POSTING AGAIN OK!

Dmarques
04-11-2006, 06:16 AM
Bye

Yeah!! You're right!!!!!!!

wazzup22
04-11-2006, 06:32 AM
co1 was very underated also.

That is the smartest thing someone has ever said about CO1...... I think that CO1 is a pretty damn good album, ok it did have a few not so "Punk" songs but don't forget it has stuff like Dammit I changed again, Special Delivery, CO1 (the Song), Come Out Swinging, Vultures, Living In chaos and Million Miles Away.

Those are awsome songs and some people just don't appreaciate the album for what it is.

OnSpring!
04-11-2006, 06:48 AM
:mad: Dexter Italy you're an asshole.
I know Dexter politics ideas and so??
The great part of musician and artists have these fucking ideas.
I respect him and his music, but i've not the same politics ideas.
Prodi is an incompetent politic person and will throw italy in the shit.
No global to death. :mad:

el_monkey
04-11-2006, 06:49 AM
I liked co1. it makes me happy, when I listen to it

OnSpring!
04-11-2006, 06:50 AM
The Offspring music put me in a trance in where i bounce my fucking head and ass to the destruction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the power of The Offspring!
Sorry for my terrible english.

SaiKYoU
04-11-2006, 07:09 AM
It sucks cause songs like "Original Prankster" or "Want you Bad", but Million Milles Away or Vultures are really good songs...

Swill
04-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Conspiracy is a nice little album that just works............stuff like denial revisited, dammit i changed again and million miles away, id consider some of the best stuff the band have ever done............dont get me started on smash.....a truely flawless album......ive you dont like thse albums then dont start a thread about how terrible they are.........
________
IPAD GUIDES (http://ipadguides.info)

Dmarques
04-11-2006, 07:18 AM
The Offspring music put me in a trance in where i bounce my fucking head and ass to the destruction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the power of The Offspring!
Sorry for my terrible english.

Ahahah...dude, you're big... :eek:

Lightyears
04-11-2006, 07:21 AM
Conspiracy is a nice little album that just works............stuff like denial revisited, dammit i changed again and million miles away, id consider some of the best stuff the band have ever done............dont get me started on smash.....a truely flawless album......ive you dont like thse albums then dont start a thread about how terrible they are.........

Agreed. I beleive it is the album that has the most exploration while maintaining consitency. Hence it's my fave. The earlier albums are the most consistent, Splinter has the most exploration. Co1 has both.

Lupin
04-11-2006, 07:28 AM
This is just a point, but tizz's avatar looks like Joanna Dark from....oddly enough Perfect Dark.
Arguments like this could go on for ever so, i say....i liked 'half of CO1 so therefore i keep balance on this 'see-saw' of music loving
________
BUY HERBALAIRE (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

Lightyears
04-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Dark has nothing on Dr. McNinja (www.drmcninja.com)!

offspring kid
04-11-2006, 08:43 AM

- WCM

Life does not end at the age of 30. You knew that right ?
Co1 Kicksass like the rest of the albums

Camilamazed
04-11-2006, 08:44 AM
What would it be of the blue if everyone liked only the yellow.......

:rolleyes:

Little_Miss_1565
04-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Per. Please quit baiting this forum.

offspring_freak_3
04-11-2006, 09:57 AM
co1 isnt a bad album, its quite good, i dont listen to it to much but the songs r good, also smash is one of the most awesome albums they ever made, and about he being 30 and writing songs like nitro youth energy.... the age doesnt mater he was young yealie :rolleyes: so that doesnt make the song bad

Hypodermic_89
04-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Everyone who hates Co1: Instead of just saying that the cd sucks, can't you motivate and try to tell us why it sucks? Because I can't tell.. I think the cd rocks and it isn't that much different to the other albums. It sounds like something only The Offspring would record.

Rutegard
04-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Everyone who hates Co1: Instead of just saying that the cd sucks, can't you motivate and try to tell us why it sucks? Because I can't tell.. I think the cd rocks and it isn't that much different to the other albums. It sounds like something only The Offspring would record.

there you go...
i totally agree with

Pro-Test
04-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Co1 is my favorite album too...i don't know why some people hates it...every song on that album is great...MMA,DICA,OFD...

Corpse
04-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Million Miles Away is one of the only good songs of the album, they made it to bring in the new Millenium, a new kind of music, and it half worked, but not as good as Americana or Ixnay On The Hombre.

Peedr
04-11-2006, 01:06 PM
:cool: Tizz ain't The Offspring fan, she's always on chat and talkin' about pretty crappy shit. I'm thinking if she ever heard CO1 or Smash.....maybe once on the radio.... She doesn't wanna hear our opinions, she only wants to make us angry.... Probably, her favourite bands are good charlotte, simple plan and some other commercial ass-fucked rubbish. And making a thread "Conspiracy of One was terrible" without tellin' why is quite stupid in my opinion. BTW: If the man is 30 years old, it doesn't mean he belongs to the old dumb. He can still be energetic and powerful (look at him jumpin' in Self Esteem video).

electric_alexa
04-11-2006, 01:16 PM
No offence but EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

el_monkey
04-11-2006, 01:18 PM
it was weelchairman who ( seemed to have ) posted this ( just look at the end of the first post), but with tizz' account

ruroken
04-11-2006, 01:34 PM
I dont have CO1, but I do have Original Prankster and Vultures. OP is... lame... and Vultures is too much like Dirty Magic *cough*minus the magic*cough*

Smash is... used to be really cool. But now its really repetitive and I usually cant even listen to my favorite song on it (Genocide)

Americana is boring. Half the cd is hard to listen to mainly because the lyrics suck so much.

Peedr
04-11-2006, 01:42 PM
I dont have CO1Really? You should set it right, maybe you will like it as me! I can imagine that Smash songs are overplayed for you (not for me yet ;) ), but CO1 can be something new.

The meaning of life
04-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Smash was JUST a awsome album i just dosen't know why you hate it Tizz... :confused:
I can understand for Conspiracy of one but not for smash..

Peedr
04-11-2006, 01:47 PM
it was weelchairman who ( seemed to have ) posted this ( just look at the end of the first post), but with tizz' account Maybe WCM is just taking the piss out of us and he singnited himself unwillingly, because it's his (Bad) Habit. :p

chicagoboy91
04-11-2006, 01:50 PM
FUCK YOU GUYS , Offspring is the shit. FUCK YOU

Peedr
04-11-2006, 01:59 PM
^ delete pls... ;)

Lightyears
04-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Corpse, I don't get how you rack on Co1 and have it's cover as your av.

HeadAroundU
04-11-2006, 02:11 PM
ur stupid and u dont deserve to listen to the offspring alot of there lyrics tell you to help thoses in need

bd007h
04-11-2006, 02:12 PM
You've heard all of their songs, right? I didn't think it was possible to like every song by one artist.

I like every song by all of my favorite bands, I just like some more than others. it's not that hard

bouncingcoles
04-11-2006, 02:14 PM

- WCM

wow you must have pretty fucking bad taste in music if you think those albums suck and you like americana

Autonomist
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Isn't anyone else creeped out by the fact that it was a 30 year old man who was singing about not being a trendy asshole?

I didn't actually know that. I must admit, that does sound really sad.

platinumpt
04-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Judging by the replies, I bet Per is extremely amused by now

Camilamazed
04-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Judging by the replies, I bet Per is extremely amused by now

I was going to say that... The guys wouldn't even understand that Tizz didn't say a word hahaha....

ignition991
04-11-2006, 06:01 PM
i think tizz knew posting a thread about how bad one of the offsprings best albums (smash) and Co1 would make people get pissed i think tizz is watching everyone here and laughing.

bd007h
04-11-2006, 06:01 PM
i think tizz knew posting a thread about how bad one of the offsprings best albums (smash) and Co1 would make people get pissed i think tizz is watching everyone here and laughing.

it was actually WCM using Tizz's account

no_way
04-11-2006, 06:27 PM
yeah tizz, or you have bad taste or you just can't decide what to do with your life

americana is a very comercial album conspiracy had a lot of studio work but so what? i think it's great and songs are good too, and smash is also a great album though it doesn't sound at all like co1 (or splinter if we're goin somewhere)

Conspiracy of One
04-11-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm not really that bad, aside from being very cynical and sarcastic. Why hast people always treated one another so unkind? *cutes*

BIG Nicky
04-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Conspiracy of one was in its own way o.k. But Americana is obviously better....

Hope the new producer can spice things up a little. :p

Ninty Man
04-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Conspiracy of one was in its own way o.k. But Americana is obviously better....

Hope the new producer can spice things up a little. :p

I think they get better in each album... until Splinter... Hey, dont mess up, but... I think Splinter got too much potential wasted.

CO1 it's great, it starts great and ends great

XYlophonetreeZ
04-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Smash did indeed suck. SO much fucking filler. I can't decide which is the Offspring's worst album, but it's definitely either Smash or Splinter.

But Conspiracy, ahh, Conspiracy... I've always liked it. I continue to like it. It's my second favorite Offspring album after only Ixnay. I'm sure that hardly anyone agrees with me, but fuck 'em.

Ninty Man
04-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Smash did indeed suck. SO much fucking filler. I can't decide which is the Offspring's worst album, but it's definitely either Smash or Splinter.

But Conspiracy, ahh, Conspiracy... I've always liked it. I continue to like it. It's my second favorite Offspring album after only Ixnay. I'm sure that hardly anyone agrees with me, but fuck 'em.

If I agree with you, you will love me?

Thomas
04-11-2006, 10:12 PM
On thing is for sure, threads like these really bring out the idiots in these fourms. As for the topic at hand, I like Co1 (maybe even a little tiny bit more than Americana. I can't decide) and I love Smash, but neither are their best work and I am going to shut up before someone accuses me of my beliefs on this subject.

Kill Boy Power Head
04-11-2006, 10:33 PM
If there is one offspring album you dont like your not a true fan

Thomas
04-11-2006, 11:13 PM
I love them all with a passion, but Co1 was definitely not their best.

DeAtHsTaR
04-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Fuck me that was a stupid post!

I like them all, but still.

Llamas
04-12-2006, 12:39 AM

No, it means you're not an ignorant fan. To go around pretending you love every song by the offspring is ignorant.

I don't like co1. It's my second least favorite album. I feel like I've talked about this a lot on this board, and that it's been run into the ground... however, I'll explain.

conpiracy of one is a generic pop album. There are a few GOOD songs on it. It is the only album by the band that doesn't have any AMAZING songs on it. The entire album was rushed, and does anyone remember its release? ALL the band's time was spent on promoting the album- downloading on napster for money, etc. They spent very little time actually writing the music. Most of the songs are so formulaic, and I hear very little variation. The only original songs on the album are "denial, revisited" and "special delivery". come out swinging sounds like generic pop punk (filler), original prankster feels like another attempt at pretty fly fame, want you bad is THE most generic pop punk song the band has ever done, million miles away is a good song at best, dammit I changed again sounds like another attempt at the kids aren't alright, living in chaos is a good song at best, special delivery was boring and while creative, too much of not their style, one fine day was annoying, all along was one of their typical filler songs, denial was good and creative (my favorite on the album), vultures sounded like another attempt at dirty magic, and co1 was good at best. None of the songs stood out to me musically. Lyrically, the album is weak. hitting each song again, come out swinging was lyrically generic "oh my god, the world hates me, but I'll get through". original prankster was dumb, and not funny. want you bad was their worst song ever lyrically, not being funny or smart. million miles away had good lyrics, as did dammit and living in chaos. special delivery was lame, one fine day was lame, all along was too short and meaningless, denial had okay lyrics, vultures had good lyrics and so did co1. everything on the album was good or below. The theme of the album wasn't very creative or interesting. The album is just a steady middle ground, with very little attempt of breaking ground. It was the only album they made that was like that. ignition tried a lot different from s/t (especially lyrically), smash was experimental with the metal punk sound and heavier music, plus new song topics. ixnay did a lot- tried out pop, did more with the ska idea, made some songs that sounded completely different from anything I've ever heard. americana toyed with the idea of a concept album, and with insulting the bigger picture, rather than talking about himself. splinter attempted to be diverse and new and "splintered"... and with hits back to their roots, but also to what's coming. co1 was a typical, unexciting, safe album. Nothing new on it (besides denial, being their only ballad, and special delivery, experimenting with electronic sounds, and failing), nothing new as far as lyrics really (besides denial's lyrics about a break up- new topic for the band)... it's just blah. It's definitely my least listened to album (even though splinter is my least favorite... odd)

Crusheer
04-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Oh my god! :eek:

notoriousdoc
04-12-2006, 02:20 AM
Conspriacy Of One sucks. Smash doesn't. End of argument.

Lightyears
04-12-2006, 09:20 AM
For the record:

As far as I know, Dexter was not 30 when he wrote Youth Energy for Smash. Smash came out in 1994, The Offpring formed in 1984, when Dex and Greg were in high-school. Which means Dexter was mid-late 20s. And being 25 I still have a very young outlook on life.

Corpse
04-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Dex was born in 1965 i think, so depending on when he wrote the song, id say he would of been 27-28.

Dmarques
04-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Dex was born in 1965 i think, so depending on when he wrote the song, id say he would of been 27-28.

65 or 66...i'm not sure...wikipedia said 65 and actually says 66... :confused:

rlplaymaker
04-12-2006, 02:48 PM

- WCM

I rocked your mother last night

H1T_That
04-12-2006, 02:53 PM
to sound all 'punk' i like CO1, and all other albums bar ignition and self titled, its my opinion and i dont care if any of you disagree. :)

Ninty Man
04-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Conspriacy Of One sucks. Smash doesn't. End of argument.

No, smash it's overrated, and conspiracy underrated.

Now Shut the fuck up and let the adults talk

H1T_That
04-12-2006, 03:15 PM
No, smash it's overrated, and conspiracy underrated.

Now Shut the fuck up and let the adults talk

fighting with a bunch of people you hardly know about what album is better than another is hardly adult-like.

Ninty Man
04-12-2006, 03:26 PM
fighting with a bunch of people you hardly know about what album is better than another is hardly adult-like.

And who's telling that I'm an adult?? That's why I will let you talk :eek:

H1T_That
04-12-2006, 03:29 PM
And who's telling that I'm an adult?? That's why I will let you talk :eek:

......okay.

DaneisKing1389
04-12-2006, 08:41 PM
People only say that they hate Smash to sound different, and to make it seem like they know more about the band. The truth is, Smash put The Offspring on the map. Ixnay on the Hombre kept them there, along with Americana. Conspiracy of One (which I personally enjoy quite a bit) started the downfall of the band in the public eye, only to be finished by Splinter (which I do also enjoy). They were both easily forgettable albums. That's the way it is. I like every album, even the 2 before they were known. But if they put out a new one, it better be back to the original Smash sound. It'll keep them on the map for awhile.

Thomas
04-12-2006, 09:37 PM
I don't want them to go back to Smash. I love Smash, but I think if they want to be successful with their new album, they need to come up with a completely new style without straying too far from the formula. Another Ixnay-esque album with Splinter influences with be pretty much the greatest thing on the face of the Earth.

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Conspiracy of One (which I personally enjoy quite a bit) started the downfall of the band in the public eye

This isn't exactly true. It's not like most of the general public heard Conspiracy of One and disliked it. They never even gave it a chance, they didn't even really buy it.

The failure of Conspiracy of One had more to do with a change in popular music between the time Americana and Conspiracy of One were released than to do with the quality of the album itself. When you really look at it objectively, and if you're just a casual fan and not diehard like us, I think Co1 isn't THAT different from Americana.

Of course, Original Prankster was a HORRIBLE song to promote an album with, so that didn't help matters. But the point remains.

Llamas
04-12-2006, 09:53 PM
if the band really really wants to stay on the map, they'll release an emo album...
hahahahhaha.

Thomas
04-12-2006, 09:53 PM
I think the only reason that they had a large downfall was their choice in singles. If They chose Dammit, I Changed Again and Living in Chaos as their singles on Co1 instead of OP and WYB, it would have done exceptionally well. The same goes with Splinter. Although CGMHAY was a step in the right direction as far as singles go, never Gonna Find Me/Lightning Rod and The Noose would have shown a side of The offspring that the public has never seen before. Holy crap. I just realized that if they released Never Gonna Find Me and Lightning Rod as singles (with videos) simulataneously, Splinter probably would have been their most successful album since smash. Wow. It's little mistakes and poor decision-making that is killing The Offspring right now, but I think they have a good idea of what would be best by now so the new album should be both really good and really successful.

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2006, 09:58 PM
I've always said that Living In Chaos and Vultures would have been the best choices for singles, because the former is so different from anything they've done and the latter is that catchy emotional shit that was pretty popular at the time of the album's release. Dammit, I Changed Again is a good song, but doesn't stand out enough to be a single, I don't think.

As far as Splinter goes, I think they made some smart choices in singles, but it just fell short. The Noose is awesome, and a new side of the band for the public, but the fact is that the public wouldn't have been into that side, I don't think. Same for Lightning Rod and Never Gonna Find Me. I think CGMHAY was a good enough choice, I guess. Same for Hit That. Spare Me The Details mighta been a big hit with some promotion, but I'm kinda glad it wasn't because it's such an embarssing, unfunny song with some of the worst lyrics in history.

Thomas
04-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Well, it may not have done well, but they would at least be taken seriously again, which is really all that matters in my eyes. People see The offspring as just a joke nowadays, which is why I want them to release Dirty Magic as a single with a video to show the public how serious they really are with their music.

Llamas
04-12-2006, 10:13 PM
they released million miles away off co1, and it flopped. defy you did okay, and can't repeat did okay. point being: their style of music is not "in" anymore. they're not emo enough.

Thomas
04-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Man, that's a depressing thought. *cuts*

DaneisKing1389
04-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I was basing my Conspiracy of One thoughts mainly on Original Prankster. People heard it and pretty much thought of it as a joke. Want You Bad is still one of my favorite Offspring songs. And I am a die-hard fan. Have been since Smash came out. I was like 6 years old and my older brother and cousin had it and played it... I loved it instantly, to where I stole it from my brother constantly.

Hux
04-13-2006, 05:16 AM
I don't like co1. It's my second least favorite album.
Non-Offspring albums yes?

Lightyears
04-13-2006, 06:22 AM
Singles imo should have been

Co1: Vultures and Living in Chaos as previously stated. I agree. What they also should have done is released Million Miles Away as a REAL single. Not some late issue with a choppy live footage video that wasn't pushed at all. If they'd of released it closer to the launch date of Co1 and gave it a real video, I think it may have taken off.

Splinter: Race Against Myself needed to be a single if you ask me. I know it's kind of mid-paced to us hard-core fans. But it had enough rock and (hate to say it) whiney backing vocals to compete with the whiney crap on the radio today. CGMHAY was ok for a single, but if you think about it there wasn't really anything else on the album to use.

What Offspring need to realize is that, they can't make an upbeat song full of samples anymore that blatantly makes fun of society and expect it to be a hit single. It worked as a one time thing with Pretty Fly in the late 90s, but with the current music industry, something like that is just not gonna take off anymore.

Defy You i think is an example of the right direction. It was a good single and got plenty of radio play and video play all around.

HeadAroundU
04-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Everything went good until CO1, something changed, they released only 2 and half singles. I think Original Prankster was a good choice and did very good job! but Want you bad sucked hard. CO1 is full of potencial hits, it's must be 4 single album. Living in chaos, Vultures, Denial, revisited and MMA as a real single.

Splinter has a good singles! but again, 2 it's not much ,they should have released Race against myself, Lightning rod or The noose as a third single.

Thomas
04-13-2006, 05:31 PM
I agree with Lightyears in that they can't afford to release any more singles like Pretty Fly or OP because they would flop really really bad. I am pretty sure that they know what they are doing now so I am guessing that we could expect some really great singles off of the next album.

I actually almost agree with HAU. Co1 had a lot more sinlge-worthy songs, but they blew it with OP and WYB. The par that I disagree with you is that Splinter and Co1 were both phenomenal albums. They weren't their best work, yeah, but they both had several very powerful tracks and both were a new style that was different from any other album of theirs.

Hux
04-13-2006, 06:12 PM
As some of us have already said before, there were so many potential singles, even possible becoming hits, that they could have released however they chose Original Prankster and Want You Bad, Want You Bad was probably a mistake, they could've swapped that with another great song or I guess they could've chosen another song to release. Both of those songs are pop, the only pop on Conspiracy Of One, why didn't they release a song that wasn't pop?

Thomas
04-13-2006, 06:31 PM
As some of us have already said before, there were so many potential singles, even possible becoming hits, that they could have released however they chose Original Prankster and Want You Bad, Want You Bad was probably a mistake, they could've swapped that with another great song or I guess they could've chosen another song to release. Both of those songs are pop, the only pop on Conspiracy Of One, why didn't they release a song that wasn't pop?

For one reason and one reason only: The success of Pretty Fly For A White Guy. They thought that it might be possible to imitate that success with those songs. Of course, it turned out to be a horrendous failure.

Jakebert
04-13-2006, 06:44 PM

They arn't bad songs because they're pop, they're bad songs because like everything else on that album they're incredibly boring and poorly written and lack any real energy.

BIG Nicky
04-13-2006, 06:52 PM
They arn't bad songs because they're pop, they're bad songs because like everything else on that album they're incredibly boring and poorly written and lack any real energy.
Ya, like everyday at the studio was a bad one.

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Both of those songs are pop, the only pop on Conspiracy Of One, why didn't they release a song that wasn't pop?

Whaaa?

Dude, ALL of CO1 was pop.

And pop doesn't equal bad.

Jakebert
04-13-2006, 07:27 PM

I know we have different views on the actual album, but, I agree with this one and am so glad that someone else on this damn board realizes this.

Unnatural Disaster
04-13-2006, 07:33 PM
I like songs from all of their albums, but I don't like all of their songs.

Hux
04-13-2006, 07:35 PM
For one reason and one reason only: The success of Pretty Fly For A White Guy. They thought that it might be possible to imitate that success with those songs. Of course, it turned out to be a horrendous failure.
Yes, that's true.

Whaaa?

Dude, ALL of CO1 was pop.

Conspiracy Of One was not all pop, it had those two songs which were pop and then songs similar to pop like Million Miles Away and Living In Chaos.

I'm really saying their pop songs are bad but compared to the other non-pop songs, they're not so good.

Zack
04-13-2006, 07:56 PM
I totally disagree all there albums are great especially smash!!!

DeAtHsTaR
04-13-2006, 08:07 PM
If you think Come Out Swinging was pop, you're retarded. Pop-punk yes, but not pop.

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2006, 08:10 PM
I meant pop-punk. But that's still pop, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Thomas
04-13-2006, 08:13 PM
The Offspring wrote very few true punk songs. The only one that comes to mind at the moment is LAPD, maybe Elders, but then again, maybe not.

D!stortion
04-13-2006, 08:15 PM
wow... someone isn't very smart. Smash must clearly suck, being the most successful independant release in history...

DeAtHsTaR
04-13-2006, 08:15 PM
The Offspring wrote very few true punk songs. The only one that comes to mind at the moment is LAPD, maybe Elders, but then again, maybe not.
Was Kill the President true punk? What about Beheaded?

And yes, I'm serious.

D!stortion
04-13-2006, 08:17 PM
and thomas, the offspring have quite a few punk songs. it is often said that they, along with early greenday, helped bring punk back. they didnt start going pop punk until ixnay

Thomas
04-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Was Kill the President true punk? What about Beheaded?

And yes, I'm serious.

Kill The President- eh. Maybe. Mybe not. And was it just bizarre coincidence that I happened to be listening to it right now?

Beheaded- Nah. Not really. Then again, I don't know too much about tru punx to tell you...

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2006, 08:18 PM
and thomas, the offspring have quite a few punk songs. it is often said that they, along with early greenday, helped bring punk back. they didnt start going pop punk until ixnay

...please shut the fuck up. I'm begging you.

Thomas
04-13-2006, 08:20 PM

green day was never punk. The Offspring were never really completely punk too, but they were more so than green day.

btw, I sense a major flaming from JN to come really close regarding this...

EDIT: I told ya.

D!stortion
04-13-2006, 08:39 PM
lmao, good call thomas. people say greenday wasnt punk, but they were, when they were underground. and offspring was very, very punk. its not just in the lyrics mind you, its in the attitude. so, jn, before you tell me to shut up, give me a reason, and make sure its not some bullshit thing like "greenday is pop, they sold out, oh my god my thong is starting to hurt me, waahh". its people like you that make me hate what music has become, because its people like you that support the shit that we see these days. anyway thomas, like i was saying, self titled, ignition, id say they were very punk, its just that their recent work has been very pop, so people might forget who they used to be

DeAtHsTaR
04-13-2006, 08:41 PM
I say punk is more about attitude than just easy-to-play music. Remember, the Ramones were punk, but they were also very poppy.

Thomas
04-13-2006, 08:42 PM
lmao, good call thomas. people say greenday wasnt punk, but they were, when they were underground. and offspring was very, very punk. its not just in the lyrics mind you, its in the attitude. so, jn, before you tell me to shut up, give me a reason, and make sure its not some bullshit thing like "greenday is pop, they sold out, oh my god my thong is starting to hurt me, waahh". its people like you that make me hate what music has become, because its people like you that support the shit that we see these days. anyway thomas, like i was saying, self titled, ignition, id say they were very punk, its just that their recent work has been very pop, so people might forget who they used to be

<brace for impact>

<abort>
<abort>
<abort>
<abort>
<abort>
<abort>

*hides from JN's upcoming pwn*

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2006, 08:42 PM

Holy GOD, you're an idiot.

Please ask someone else why I'm not condescending to explain to you why The Offspring has NEVER been 100% punk, and has always been 100% pop-punk, and how there's NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, and that I don't give a shit about selling out or what have you.

its people like you that make me hate what music has become, because its people like you that support the shit that we see these days.

What the FUCK are you even talking about here? You don't know anything about me, my musical tastes, or anything, so how the hell can I be a representation of what you hate?

shut the fuck up.

Thomas
04-13-2006, 08:44 PM
>_<

>_O

Is it safe to come out now? Or is the devastation going to continue?

D!stortion
04-13-2006, 08:44 PM
please explain to me how they have always been pop punk

Thomas
04-13-2006, 08:45 PM
please explain to me how they have always been pop punk

O_O

*continues hiding*

JohnnyNemesis
Listen to the damn songs. How much clearer does it have to be?

And answer the second part of my post please.

D!stortion
and of course its safe, nothing bad will happen, its just simple internet debating, as if that affects your personal well being

D!stortion
04-13-2006, 08:46 PM
im listening to ignition right now, and it doesnt sound very pop to me

JohnnyNemesis
im listening to ignition right now, and it doesnt sound very pop to me

Not pop. Pop-punk.

Thomas
and of course its safe, nothing bad will happen, its just simple internet debating, as if that affects your personal well being

No shit, Sherlock.

Johnny, give him Hell.

D!stortion
04-13-2006, 08:47 PM
no, i meant i dont hear the pop part of the pop punk, sorry for the confusion

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Johnny, give him Hell.

But I am le tired :(

Thomas
04-13-2006, 08:48 PM
But I am le tired :(

*gasp!* :eek:

You are not tru punx!

I feel so......betrayed....... *cuts*

D!stortion
04-13-2006, 08:49 PM
of course you are, who isnt? go to bed, we can continue tomorrow if you want, im tired as well, ive been up since 4 this morning

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2006, 08:55 PM
*gasp!* :eek:

You are not tru punx!

I feel so......betrayed....... *cuts*

I failed you :(

*turns in my leather, studded jacket*

Llamas
04-13-2006, 09:06 PM
"pop" is short for "popular". Punk falls into the overall category of popular music, because of how it's constructed. In my opinion, all punk can be put into that category. However, if we're trying to use "pop punk" as something seperate from "punk", here we go. That kind of "pop punk" is something that can be acceptible to the general public. You could release it and it would do well. If something would do well on the radio, that means it fits a popular mold, and is a form of pop. Every form of pop can have other genres tied to it, as well. The Offspring's music has always been something that, had it been released, would've done well. If they had released singles from the s/t or igntion, they would've been popular, maybe even as popular as smash made them.

Their lyrics contain a lot of punk ideas... in the first few albums, the punk ideas felt genuine- in the last two, they feel forced, and like they only put them on there to please fans and so they don't have to ditch the "punk" part of them. Struggling against the "man", wanting to change the world, feeling down and like everyone hates you, and ripping on society are all punk ideas. Their sound has always fit into some fitting of punk, especially with the old music. However, their music as ALWAYS been marketable. A band like Guttermouth is more likely to be considered punk, because at no time in history, would their music have done well to the public. It's not a popular style. The Offspring has always been, and always will be, pop-punk, and that's not a bad thing.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
04-13-2006, 09:51 PM

- WCM

*points and laughs at the retard*

Thomas
04-13-2006, 10:42 PM
*points and laughs at the retard*

*points and laughs at this retard*

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
04-14-2006, 01:26 AM
*points and laughs at this retard*

*slaps you in the face* hey!

dexter_m
04-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Wow i sucks too. And i'm fucker. I love The Offspring!!!
Dexter wa 28 when smash relased, songs were from years ago, so I'm not a trendy asshole was when he wa in middle 20's !
They have some pop-punk songs, but they're not pop-punk band!!!
Every Album has greatPUNK ROCK SONGS:
1.Jennifer Lost The War, Out on patrol, crossroads, black ball from selftitled
2.4ever and a day, we are one, session... from ignition
3.Genocide & It'll be a long time from fuckin' great smash
4.Meaning of Life, All i want, Change the world from my best Ixnay
5.Have you ever, feelings, americana from...
6.Come out swingin', dammit i changed, million miles, ... from conspiracy
7.The Noose, Da Hui from Splinter
8.I like newest Can't Repeat

And there are many songs on singles ( I got a right, D.U.I, Autonomy, One Hundred Punks) and never relased (Mission From God), which are fuckin' great, and fuckin' PUNK songs!!!

And on more thing:
If you have sth to their music, than find out what Johnny Rotten said (If you don't know who's that, you can't call yourself punk...).
He said lot of things, but also that he hates all those looking the same fuckers calling themselves punks, because they don't have their own style. When you lose your own style, and you became one of the millions the same lookin' like, you are not fightin', but you accepted and it's easier to do what other do, wear and have hairs like a lot of. And that he hates narcomans and poseurs!!!

Offspring have own style
Offspring have own image
They have own music

They do what they want to, sing what like, and say what they think.

It is real soul of punk rock- don't look what some thinks, just be yourself.
If you want, you can feel it. If not, just fuck off :D

wheelchairman
04-14-2006, 11:32 AM
:cool: Tizz ain't The Offspring fan, she's always on chat and talkin' about pretty crappy shit. I'm thinking if she ever heard CO1 or Smash.....maybe once on the radio.... She doesn't wanna hear our opinions, she only wants to make us angry.... Probably, her favourite bands are good charlotte, simple plan and some other commercial ass-fucked rubbish. And making a thread "Conspiracy of One was terrible" without tellin' why is quite stupid in my opinion. BTW: If the man is 30 years old, it doesn't mean he belongs to the old dumb. He can still be energetic and powerful (look at him jumpin' in Self Esteem video).

Right, well if you paid attention, you could see that this thread was created by WCM, like this one is created by Tizz. In fact, I own every single Offspring album, except Americana and Greatest Hits, so yes I have heard them, but still agree with everything WCM said.

- Tizz

Offspring Sarah (LM 1565), it wasn't so much baiting as it was ranting about how the best offspring albums are ignored. That and Smash is really embarrassing.

wheelchairman
04-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Now for my total and comprehensive opinion on each of the albums.

I have owned most of these albums for over 4 years.

Self Titled: It more or less sounds like the same song, all the way through. Luckily it's little over a half hour, so you don't have time to get bored. Some of it is repetitive enough to be catchy, like Blackball which is a nice song. The album also starts off well. Beheaded is definitely the best song. If you don't own a copy with Kill The President, you fail at life.

Ignition: Overrated. 4 years ago, this was THE album. This was everybody's favorite. It's alright, nothing in particular. It has some passionate energy, and Dirty Magic is just pure sincerity. Generally a good album, much better than Self Titled.

Smash: This album is the reason why Ignition looks so good. It's surrouned by two terrible albums. This one is by far the worst. I've already explained the reason why Smash the song is just pathetic. But Nitro is also pathetic, like many people mentioned here. Bad Habit is kinda catchy though.

Ixnay: This album is alright. I don't own a copy of it, and I don't listen to it much. But it's alright.

Americana: This is my favorite album. There is not one bad song on it. With the possible exception of Feelings. What a terrible parody. It sounds like they are serious. And this album gave us two of the best lyrics from the Offspring "I just work here but I wanna fuck you." and "Shutup you talk too much."

Conspiracy of One: About half the songs on this album, are just terrible. I don't even remember their names. They are just fucking terrible. Denial, Revisited is waaaay too long, and way too cliched. Unfortunately my copy has a scratched version of One Fine Day, which is probably the best song, but I wouldn't know. The song about the stalker is extremely annoying. And that one song with the chorus that goes "get on it" is also terrible. God I hate this album.

Splinter: I haven't heard this album too much, but it was good. The only bad part was the very last "song" about not picking up soap in prison. And let's face it, Da Hui is plain bad. If you enjoy this song you are an idiot.

Jakebert
04-14-2006, 11:59 AM

Oh shut the fuck up. The Offspring has always had a lot of pop influence and the earlier pop influenced work is some of their best because it stands out compared to the generic punk rock stuff.

Dr. Feelgood
04-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Conspiracy of One isn't their best album, but it certainly isn't their worst. And seriously... If you hate smash, then you must be on crack or something. One of the best albums ever.

I think someone's smokin' speeeeeeed.

wheelchairman
04-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Conspiracy of One isn't their best album, but it certainly isn't their worst. And seriously... If you hate smash, then you must be on crack or something. One of the best albums ever.

I think someone's smokin' speeeeeeed.
It's a 30 year old man complaining about not being cool. That's so ... sad.

Thomas
04-14-2006, 12:45 PM
It's a 30 year old man complaining about not being cool. That's so ... sad.

actually, I believe he was about 35 when Co1 was released...

wheelchairman
04-14-2006, 12:46 PM
oh I thought he said Smash. I never expect people to defend Conspiracy of One. It was full on bad.

Rag Doll
04-14-2006, 01:21 PM
I generally agree with Per's take on all the cds. I just like Ixnay more than he does.

German Andres
04-14-2006, 04:42 PM
What the hell did you say?? Conspiracy of One is exellent, and Smash is one of the best albums( at least in my opinion) :mad:

Ninty Man
04-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Hey, calm down:

CO1 it's a great album, but maybe Original it's too... light, and maybe it was a mistake, but the WHOLE ALBUM IT'S GREAT

And Smash, I insist: Its overrated, come on, Something to believe in, All Alone, Smash song, and It'll be a long time just fills the album.

Anyway, just face it... we like a POP CULTURE BAND

nameless
04-14-2006, 06:20 PM
i dont hate conspiracy of one but it is my least favourite!

Ninty Man
04-14-2006, 06:22 PM
i dont hate conspiracy of one but it is my least favourite!

Splinter it's my least favorite and I still love it

Dr. Feelgood
04-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Splinter it's my least favorite and I still love it

Yeah, same here.

Llamas
04-15-2006, 09:51 AM
same here, my least favorite... I just listened to it yesterday, and still enjoyed every moment. I didn't even skip over anything.

Tizzalicious
04-15-2006, 09:52 AM
I'm sitting here, listening to my mp3 player on Tizz's laptop, to save batteries. And I'm realizing:

The Strokes are so much better than the Offspring it's unbelievable...

- WCM

Llamas
04-15-2006, 10:26 AM
true, but I'm better than you.

Conspiracy of One
04-15-2006, 10:28 AM
I find that to be a false statement, Llama boy.

Llamas
04-15-2006, 10:29 AM
I was following in the vein.

plus, I'm a girl.

offspringer24
04-15-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm sitting here, listening to my mp3 player on Tizz's laptop, to save batteries. And I'm realizing:

The Strokes are so much better than the Offspring it's unbelievable...

- WCM

lol, did u hear urself then? this post made me piss my pants with laughter

HeadAroundU
04-15-2006, 10:55 AM
lol, did u hear urself then? this post made me piss my pants with laughter
Change your pants then and obviously he is not serious. ;)

no_way
04-27-2006, 03:48 PM
i know offspring is not 100% punk, but i think rock/punk is different than just punk. and pop/punk is not real, it's pop with singers shouting a little bit, and members dressed in black clothes, what offspring is not.

on their early ages, (self-titled, ignition, smash, and ixnay) they did their music, nothing less and nothing more, and it worked out fine until the last one, (only market knows why), so they started with pretty fly on americana (catchy song, funny video for pop lover-teens) and i think that's when fans started joining offspring and maybe started to change their tastes on music, and as that worked they went on with original prankster on Co1 (hit... nothink to add) well you know the rest, but i think now they need to atract fans, that's why they do lighter albums, i hope they get back to the ixnay era

That_Guy91
04-27-2006, 04:37 PM
i know offspring is not 100% punk, but i think rock/punk is different than just punk. and pop/punk is not real, it's pop with singers shouting a little bit, and members dressed in black clothes, what offspring is not.
You're an idiot.

The Offspring is pop-punk.

no_way
04-27-2006, 06:03 PM
please don't you say that, cuz you'd be comparing them with good charlotte, simple plan and that crap, and you can't do that. THEY ARE NOT A PUNK BAND andi've got it very clear, as i know i'm not punk and half of the people here aren't punk, but it's definetly not 100% pop/punk (not even 50%), because then it would be 100% comercial and that's not true.

besides don't call me idiot for having a different opinion than you and expressing it openly ok? thanks

Ninty Man
04-27-2006, 06:05 PM
The Strokes are not even good... sorry, but that's true