PDA

View Full Version : Clowns Of Death

Biggest offspring fan
04-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Did the offspring have a name before Manic Subsidal? I heard that they were called Clowns Of Death and i also heard that it was Noodles side project!!
Does anyone know if anything of this is true??!

The meaning of life
04-11-2006, 01:56 PM
I heard that name before but don't know exactly what is it..
And your signature is a large shit

SeanAshmore
04-11-2006, 02:14 PM
I thought clowns of death was muse's old band name but i was wrong. defintaley heard it before tho.

Nood!es
04-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Did the offspring have a name before Manic Subsidal? I heard that they were called Clowns Of Death and i also heard that it was Noodles side project!!
Does anyone know if anything of this is true??!
I heard your old name was Biggest Dumbass (yeh, very lame. not an attempt to be funny)

offspring_freak_3
04-11-2006, 03:58 PM
thats was noodles side projec your moron, the offspring never have been called of clows of death

Hyper nova
04-11-2006, 04:03 PM
thats was noodles side projec your moron, the offspring never have been called of clows of death

Yer im pretty sure noodles was in CLowns of Death before he join Manic subsidal and that Dexter and Greg were playing with James Lilja and another Gutarist and posibly Vocalist, then both decicded to concentrate on studies and they met Noodles at a local event and he joined MS or somthing along those lines, correct me if im wrong but Offspring were Never Called Clowns of Death that's Noodles in another band and Offsprings first name was Manic Subsdial and nothing else.

offspring_freak_3
04-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Yer im pretty sure noodles was in CLowns of Death before he join Manic subsidal and that Dexter and Greg were playing with James Lilja and another Gutarist and posibly Vocalist, then both decicded to concentrate on studies and they met Noodles at a local event and he joined MS or somthing along those lines, correct me if im wrong but Offspring were Never Called Clowns of Death that's Noodles in another band and Offsprings first name was Manic Subsdial and nothing else.
yep, that exactly what i said

Elizabeth Alcala
04-11-2006, 04:12 PM
yes it's true i mean it only makes sense

Haven
04-11-2006, 04:23 PM
This is from: http://www.angelfire.com/ok/yayayayaya/combustionoct94.htm
Note: This Ron is not Ron Welty, just the interviewer...

Ron: What are the roots of the band? I know you started of in Orange County.
Noodles: Yeah, we started playing in Orange County, Dexter and Greg actually started the band with a couple of other guys, and our first drummer James, and I had played in a band with James and Dexter before and that never made it anywhere I don't think we had even played a party or anything.

Ron: What was the name of the band?
Noodles: Clowns of Death (laughter) which we stole from Oingo Boingo. I think we did a couple of parties and that was it. Dexter only played with us a short while, so then when they started forming what is now The Offspring he was writing songs that had a lot of double guitar parts and so he asked me to play with them and I loved the songs that Dexter was writing at the time so sure I went for it, it's fun.

nameless
04-11-2006, 04:28 PM
yeah, it was a band oodles was playing in before he joined the offspring!

offspring_freak_3
04-11-2006, 04:33 PM
This is from: http://www.angelfire.com/ok/yayayayaya/combustionoct94.htm
Note: This Ron is not Ron Welty, just the interviewer...

Ron: What are the roots of the band? I know you started of in Orange County.
Noodles: Yeah, we started playing in Orange County, Dexter and Greg actually started the band with a couple of other guys, and our first drummer James, and I had played in a band with James and Dexter before and that never made it anywhere I don't think we had even played a party or anything.

Ron: What was the name of the band?
Noodles: Clowns of Death (laughter) which we stole from Oingo Boingo. I think we did a couple of parties and that was it. Dexter only played with us a short while, so then when they started forming what is now The Offspring he was writing songs that had a lot of double guitar parts and so he asked me to play with them and I loved the songs that Dexter was writing at the time so sure I went for it, it's fun.
oh thats a big fuckin lie. when noodles met dexter and greg they didnt had a band yet, they met in a social d gig, so they formed manic subsidal, i had an video interview where they talked about it, bu i dont have it anymore cause i lost it when someone acidentaly cleaned my whole hard drive

The meaning of life
04-11-2006, 04:55 PM
He made a point^

Biggest offspring fan
04-12-2006, 09:53 AM
oh thats a big fuckin lie. when noodles met dexter and greg they didnt had a band yet, they met in a social d gig, so they formed manic subsidal, i had an video interview where they talked about it, bu i dont have it anymore cause i lost it when someone acidentaly cleaned my whole hard drive
Noodles started in the band becuase he worked at gregs and dexters school and he was older than them so he could by bear. So i think The Offspring started like this:
The Offspring started as a garage band in Orange County, Carlifornia whith the name Manic Subsidal. After some members change they decided to change the name to The Offspring (offspring to Manic Subsidal). It was Greg Kriesel and Bryan Dexter Holland that started the band in 1983. Noodles started in the band as a guitar player in 1986. This is the members of the old offspring:
Doug 'kucouyf' Thompson (singer, 19841985)
Jim Benton (guitar, 19841985)
James Lilja (drums, 19851986)
Ron Welty (drums, 19862003)

offspring_freak_3
04-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Noodles started in the band becuase he worked at gregs and dexters school and he was older than them so he could by bear. So i think The Offspring started like this:
The Offspring started as a garage band in Orange County, Carlifornia whith the name Manic Subsidal. After some members change they decided to change the name to The Offspring (offspring to Manic Subsidal). It was Greg Kriesel and Bryan Dexter Holland that started the band in 1983. Noodles started in the band as a guitar player in 1986. This is the members of the old offspring:
Doug 'kucouyf' Thompson (singer, 19841985)
Jim Benton (guitar, 19841985)
James Lilja (drums, 19851986)
Ron Welty (drums, 19862003)
no, no,no. noodles worked in pacifica thats right, but he met greg and dexter in a social distortion gig, so they decided to form a band after that and they invited noodles after cause he could buy beers and stuff

Jojan
04-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Accrding to the biographical CD interview Maximum Offspring they The Offspring started off as Clowns Of Death.

I think it's Greg who's taling and he's saying:

"Ehhh, I, I accually played in a diffirent band with Dexter and our old drummer James, and ahm, we're The Clowns Of Death... yeah.". Then som laughter. "And ah, and then... Dexter stole our drummer and, so that band was no longer, and then they asked me to join."

There you have it. That CD was uploaded for us on this forum some time ago.

Biggest offspring fan
04-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Accrding to the biographical CD interview Maximum Offspring they The Offspring started off as Clowns Of Death.

I think it's Greg who's taling and he's saying:

"Ehhh, I, I accually played in a diffirent band with Dexter and our old drummer James, and ahm, we're The Clowns Of Death... yeah.". Then som laughter. "And ah, and then... Dexter stole our drummer and, so that band was no longer, and then they asked me to join."

There you have it. That CD was uploaded for us on this forum some time ago.
Yeah! I got that cd to (Maximum Offspring). There Greg and Dexter says that they played in Clowns of Death in a interwiew themselvs! Like this:

offspring_freak_3
04-17-2006, 08:32 AM
but the point is, they were never called clowns of death, if you read what you wrote they said it was ANOTHER band, were they played before start the manic subsidal and the offspring

KyleW
09-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Ive defiantely read about clowns of death somewhere, I'm not sure on the whole situaton though, i must have read it wronlgy though, i always thought it was CLOUDS of death, jesus christ im stupid!

Biggest offspring fan
09-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Ive defiantely read about clowns of death somewhere, I'm not sure on the whole situaton though, i must have read it wronlgy though, i always thought it was CLOUDS of death, jesus christ im stupid!

We already solved this thing for over a year ago, and you bump it for nothing, oh god... Old memories haha i was fucking new...

drex878
09-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Wasn't Noodles kicked out of the band Squids?

Little_Miss_1565
09-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Noodles: Clowns of Death (laughter) which we stole from Oingo Boingo.

LOL. I was so about to go there and Noodles beat me to it.

ps oingo boingo rulez

KyleW
09-09-2007, 07:34 AM
We already solved this thing for over a year ago, and you bump it for nothing, oh god... Old memories haha i was fucking new...

You know i really should read the dates before i post a reply.

Alex101
07-26-2011, 02:08 PM
I thought Dexter and Greg met before the Social D gig.

NotTheOne_NL
07-27-2011, 03:25 AM
In a interview at Lowlands 1999 (The Netherlands) Noodles mentions that he was playing in a band called ' The Squids ' . (i'm not pretty sure if that is the right name)

Alex101
07-27-2011, 07:54 AM
In a interview at Lowlands 1999 (The Netherlands) Noodles mentions that he was playing in a band called ' The Squids ' . (i'm not pretty sure if that is the right name)
I wonder which band Noodles was in first, I noticed he was also in Clowns of Death, which was before The Offspring. I don't know who The Squids were, but maybe that was either his first band or maybe he was in that band between Clowns of Death and The Offspring.

Little_Miss_1565
07-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Clowns of Death was a joke name -- it's one of the names Oingo Boingo used to play under when they wanted to play a show and not have it get crazy because Oingo Boingo was on the marquee. Like, once my old band played a show with We Are Scientists (who were playing under the name The Beat Up Old Fellas) at a tiny venue in NYC.

NotTheOne_NL
07-28-2011, 01:59 PM
It is the Squids, here's the interview from 1999

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lABpeUd8qQE at 1:08 min.