PDA

View Full Version : Info about Atom

Obie2trice
04-12-2006, 06:09 AM
- Does Atom Willard, which is drummer in AAA, always form part of Offspring?
Atom was never a true member of Offspring, he played a little with them but it is especially a member of Rocket from the crypt. In any case, it is clear that currently it does not play any more with Offspring, it is a permanent member of Angels & Airwaves.

I got this from an interview with Tom Delonge

Dmarques
04-12-2006, 06:15 AM
Atom said here: "I am ABSOLUTELY NOT leaving the Offspring! I am very happy as someone said and plan to continue in that way! I have played with a lot of bands and I can honestly say.....these guys are the shit. Super cool, super fun......what else is there?"
www.wikipedia.org

Obie2trice
04-12-2006, 06:16 AM
ok, just posting what Tom said..

Tijs
04-12-2006, 06:17 AM
When/where did Tom said that?

Lightyears
04-12-2006, 06:17 AM
He's playing with AVA while the Offspring are taking time off and writing new songs. He never officially quit.

Dmarques
04-12-2006, 06:18 AM
ok, just posting what Tom said..

Of course...

Obie2trice
04-12-2006, 06:19 AM
When/where did Tom said that?

He said it in an interview with a French magazine

French Interview:

Mister blinkplanet over at the blink-182online messageboard has typed up an interview with Tom DeLonge from Rock Mag and translated it for us all to read. It's not perfect English, but you get the main points.

The meaning of life
04-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Tom a teenager who forgot to grow

Revolver-2005?
04-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Tom Delonge is an asshole.

bd007h
04-12-2006, 12:18 PM
link please?

Corpse
04-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Tom Delonge's words are obviously 100% reliable aren't they.

mrconeman
04-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah, translations made by French people from an idiot, are extremely trust-worthy :rolleyes:

icklebabygremlin
04-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Tom Delonge is an asshole.
Damn right

SaiKYoU
04-12-2006, 03:39 PM
i really belive more the words of atom about himself, than the words of that stupid "blinky" guy...

DeAtHsTaR
04-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Atom was never a true member of Offspring, he played a little with them but it is especially a member of Rocket from the crypt. In any case, it is clear that currently it does not play any more with Offspring, it is a permanent member of Angels & Airwaves.

I got this from an interview with Tom Delonge
Then how come Dexter said Atom was still in the band two months ago?

I'd rather believe Atom and Dexter than the guy who said his band was the best in 30 years.

Little_Miss_1565
04-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I e-mailed Offspring.com myself asking if Atom was still in the band when it was causing such turmoil on this forum, which was answered by Dexter himself in a journal entry on the site. Dexter Himself said that Atom was rehearsing and recording new songs with the Offspring and that he is not leaving the band. So why is Tom Delonge's translation from French somehow less reliable than that?

Kitten
04-12-2006, 05:34 PM
I e-mailed Offspring.com myself asking if Atom was still in the band when it was causing such turmoil on this forum, which was answered by Dexter himself in a journal entry on the site. Dexter Himself said that Atom was rehearsing and recording new songs with the Offspring and that he is not leaving the band. So why is Tom Delonge's translation from French somehow less reliable than that?

Because it is easier to believe something when you can see the source material. If we could get a scan of the article with the magazine date and title in the scan as well, it might be more reliable.

Llamas
04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
well I don't trust a quote from atom on wikipedia... however, tom delonge IS an asshole, so I don't trust him, either. And I heard the new AVA song.... it sounds like a U2 song, only shittier, and and tom's voice is sooooo obviously altered. it saddens me that atom plays iin that band :(

DeAtHsTaR
04-12-2006, 11:25 PM
well I don't trust a quote from atom on wikipedia... however, tom delonge IS an asshole, so I don't trust him, either. And I heard the new AVA song.... it sounds like a U2 song, only shittier, and and tom's voice is sooooo obviously altered. it saddens me that atom plays iin that band :(
Atom posted that quote on these very forums. It didn't originate on wiki.

Llamas
04-12-2006, 11:47 PM
alright, then it's credible :)

Dmarques
04-13-2006, 05:19 AM

That's true...

Obie2trice
04-13-2006, 05:31 AM
Because it is easier to believe something when you can see the source material. If we could get a scan of the article with the magazine date and title in the scan as well, it might be more reliable.

I totally agree with you, but I read this interview on a site, and they didn`t have a scan of the article or a publish date. So I can`t help you here

Kitten
04-13-2006, 05:38 AM
I totally agree with you, but I read this interview on a site, and they didn`t have a scan of the article or a publish date. So I can`t help you here

That's fair enough. If you can, could you please find out at least what magazine that was from?

Obie2trice
04-13-2006, 05:40 AM
I think Rockmag, anyway, here is the whole interview, that`s all, I don`t have any more than this.

French Interview:

Mister blinkplanet over at the blink-182online messageboard has typed up an interview with Tom DeLonge from Rock Mag and translated it for us all to read. It's not perfect English, but you get the main points.

Click More? to read the interview

Rock Mag Interview :

In February 2005, Blink-182 cancelled its participation in a
caritative concert with the intention to make a break. A few months later, Travis Barker released the news to Rock Mag : the Blink-182 adventure was finished. Whereas Mark and Travis work jointly on Plus 44, it is Tom Delonge who declads first his new project : Angels & Airwaves.

- This band, you have had the idea of the time of Blink-182?
Not, the idea came to me afterwards. Blink-182 doesnít exist any more since 1 year now, I think that none us saw coming the end, that was a surprise for everyone. I needed really to do something new and exciting at the time, to rebuild me a musical career. The only thing of which I thought was to make the album of my life, so it is what I started to do.

- Then, is We don' T need to Whisper the album of your life?
Completely, but it will be necessary that I make better afterwards. (Laughter). In any case, it is the best album that I made until now.

- Certain elements of the album make me think of BoxCar Racer. Can we say that Angels & Airwaves is in the continuation?
Yes, completely. But I noticed that certain people think that this album could as well have been next Blink-182. Me I would say that it is a mixture of the 2. It is a very personal disc, which represents for me something of special.

- When I listened to the album, I felt a epic dimension and a strong emotional side...
Completely, the disc is not made to be a compilation of songs, but rather the recording of various state of minds. It was thought to be opened of interpretation and to come out again your emotions, as if you listened to a history. The texts are centered on the love and the war, and are used like metaphors of the life, as for example the obstacles which people meet and the way in which they surmount them. I am very happy that you felt that, because it is exactly what we wanted to make feel.

- As you said, there are several references to the war...
I knew, when Blink-182 finished, that I had lost my friends and the group which I founded. It was a personal fight, I said myself from there that to communicate what I crossed, it was necessary to show this fight on a metaphorical way. It is for that that I refer to the war because it is something of recurring, which is even held in this moment. It kills me that we are always in war at our time, whereas there are fantastic things which happen like the formidable discoveries of science. I thought that it was a good starting point for people to know what I have in the head.

- At the time of Blink-182, you were favorable to the war in Iraq. You gave a concert besides over there. What made you change opinion on the war?
Not, I never was for the war in Iraq. My brother fought over there, so we have did this show to support the troops. It was for them, not for the war. I am for the change, but I donít understand the war. It is alarming what occurs to the USA in this moment. I do not understand that one does not find another thing that bombs to make change the things. Everyone should live together in harmony rather than to make the war. I am against the bombs, but
since always I am for the change.

- I intended to say that you are working on a movie, is it true?
Yes. With Angels & Airwaves, I want to create a universe much deeper and complexe that what was never made. It is a very futuristic concept which, I hope, will be released in the movie theaters, but I donít know which scale it will have. The idea is to assemble the visual epics with a DTS 5.1 sound. We would be the first group to do something of also ambitious. I canít tell you more. You know, the universe of the rock'n'roll needs to reinvent yourself. It is necessary that the bands do something to advance the things, which they more invest in the visual one, which is a complement of the music.

- You seem to be very implicated to this new band. Are Angels & Airwaves a band, or the solo project of Tom Delonge?
It is not a secret for anybody, Angels & Airwaves is my baby. However itís definitely a band, so itís not my solo project. I could never have made this band without the other members, especially that I have no desire to be an artist solo, if not I would have made the album under my own name. And then, you want that I say to you, I would be bored to death if I was all alone. (Laughter).

- The music of AAA peaceful and is impressed serenity. Can we say that it reflects the man who you are currently, somebody who is filled ?
Absolutely. My life is now completely different. It is more exciting and electric than before. I have much more than this I would never have hoped. I canít even imagine to better want than what I have now.

- To finish, are you always in contact with Mark and Travis?
Not, I did not speak to them since a good moment.

- And did you listen to their project, Plus 44?
Yes, and I like. Mark and Travis are brilliant. Travis is an excellent musician, probably one of best than I ever knew. What they will do will be very good, and I know what I speak since I worked with them. (Laughter). These guys are incredible!

PREVIEW ALBUM

We donít need to whisper, whose release date is fixed at May 23, is likely to disconcert the fans of Blink-182. The structures are very complexe, the titles exceed the 4 minutes and contain a big gilds of electronics. The voice of Tom Delonge is put at the foreground, but with a tone much more serious than in the past. The compositions are luminous and calm, with slow rises and very worked refrains. The richness of arrangements, combined with a more accessible facet, unquestionably makes think of the pop bands of the Eighties, in particular U2. The complete tracklisting is as follows:
1- Valkyrie Missile (6,39)
2- Distraction (5,36)
3- It hurts (4,10)
4- Do it for me now (4,30)
5- The Adventure (5,09)
6- The War (5,07)
7- A little's enough (4,41)
8- The Gift (4,57)
9- Good Day (4,30)
10- start the machine (they have forgotten to talk about this song...)

i'm sorry if the translation isn't correct i've worked on it since 2 hours

That_Guy91
04-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Am I the only one who remembers that the quote wasn't about AvA? He was talking about The Special Goodness.

neocon58
04-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Atom said here: "I am ABSOLUTELY NOT leaving the Offspring! I am very happy as someone said and plan to continue in that way! I have played with a lot of bands and I can honestly say.....these guys are the shit. Super cool, super fun......what else is there?"
www.wikipedia.org

That was almost definently posted on here by Atom prior to Blinks hiatus and the birth of Ava, he could have changed his mind.

Demon_of_Debauchery
04-13-2006, 10:47 AM
I think Rockmag, anyway, here is the whole interview, that`s all, I don`t have any more than this.

French Interview:

Click More? to read the interview

Rock Mag Interview :

In February 2005, Blink-182 cancelled its participation in a
caritative concert with the intention to make a break. A few months later, Travis Barker released the news to Rock Mag : the Blink-182 adventure was finished. Whereas Mark and Travis work jointly on Plus 44, it is Tom Delonge who declads first his new project : Angels & Airwaves.

- This band, you have had the idea of the time of Blink-182?
Not, the idea came to me afterwards. Blink-182 doesnít exist any more since 1 year now, I think that none us saw coming the end, that was a surprise for everyone. I needed really to do something new and exciting at the time, to rebuild me a musical career. The only thing of which I thought was to make the album of my life, so it is what I started to do.

- Then, is We don' T need to Whisper the album of your life?
Completely, but it will be necessary that I make better afterwards. (Laughter). In any case, it is the best album that I made until now.

- Certain elements of the album make me think of BoxCar Racer. Can we say that Angels & Airwaves is in the continuation?
Yes, completely. But I noticed that certain people think that this album could as well have been next Blink-182. Me I would say that it is a mixture of the 2. It is a very personal disc, which represents for me something of special.

- When I listened to the album, I felt a epic dimension and a strong emotional side...
Completely, the disc is not made to be a compilation of songs, but rather the recording of various state of minds. It was thought to be opened of interpretation and to come out again your emotions, as if you listened to a history. The texts are centered on the love and the war, and are used like metaphors of the life, as for example the obstacles which people meet and the way in which they surmount them. I am very happy that you felt that, because it is exactly what we wanted to make feel.

- As you said, there are several references to the war...
I knew, when Blink-182 finished, that I had lost my friends and the group which I founded. It was a personal fight, I said myself from there that to communicate what I crossed, it was necessary to show this fight on a metaphorical way. It is for that that I refer to the war because it is something of recurring, which is even held in this moment. It kills me that we are always in war at our time, whereas there are fantastic things which happen like the formidable discoveries of science. I thought that it was a good starting point for people to know what I have in the head.

- At the time of Blink-182, you were favorable to the war in Iraq. You gave a concert besides over there. What made you change opinion on the war?
Not, I never was for the war in Iraq. My brother fought over there, so we have did this show to support the troops. It was for them, not for the war. I am for the change, but I donít understand the war. It is alarming what occurs to the USA in this moment. I do not understand that one does not find another thing that bombs to make change the things. Everyone should live together in harmony rather than to make the war. I am against the bombs, but
since always I am for the change.

- I intended to say that you are working on a movie, is it true?
Yes. With Angels & Airwaves, I want to create a universe much deeper and complexe that what was never made. It is a very futuristic concept which, I hope, will be released in the movie theaters, but I donít know which scale it will have. The idea is to assemble the visual epics with a DTS 5.1 sound. We would be the first group to do something of also ambitious. I canít tell you more. You know, the universe of the rock'n'roll needs to reinvent yourself. It is necessary that the bands do something to advance the things, which they more invest in the visual one, which is a complement of the music.

- You seem to be very implicated to this new band. Are Angels & Airwaves a band, or the solo project of Tom Delonge?
It is not a secret for anybody, Angels & Airwaves is my baby. However itís definitely a band, so itís not my solo project. I could never have made this band without the other members, especially that I have no desire to be an artist solo, if not I would have made the album under my own name. And then, you want that I say to you, I would be bored to death if I was all alone. (Laughter).

- The music of AAA peaceful and is impressed serenity. Can we say that it reflects the man who you are currently, somebody who is filled ?
Absolutely. My life is now completely different. It is more exciting and electric than before. I have much more than this I would never have hoped. I canít even imagine to better want than what I have now.

- To finish, are you always in contact with Mark and Travis?
Not, I did not speak to them since a good moment.

- And did you listen to their project, Plus 44?
Yes, and I like. Mark and Travis are brilliant. Travis is an excellent musician, probably one of best than I ever knew. What they will do will be very good, and I know what I speak since I worked with them. (Laughter). These guys are incredible!

PREVIEW ALBUM

We donít need to whisper, whose release date is fixed at May 23, is likely to disconcert the fans of Blink-182. The structures are very complexe, the titles exceed the 4 minutes and contain a big gilds of electronics. The voice of Tom Delonge is put at the foreground, but with a tone much more serious than in the past. The compositions are luminous and calm, with slow rises and very worked refrains. The richness of arrangements, combined with a more accessible facet, unquestionably makes think of the pop bands of the Eighties, in particular U2. The complete tracklisting is as follows:
1- Valkyrie Missile (6,39)
2- Distraction (5,36)
3- It hurts (4,10)
4- Do it for me now (4,30)
5- The Adventure (5,09)
6- The War (5,07)
7- A little's enough (4,41)
8- The Gift (4,57)
9- Good Day (4,30)
10- start the machine (they have forgotten to talk about this song...)

i'm sorry if the translation isn't correct i've worked on it since 2 hours

Please could you give a link to where you got that from

Obie2trice
04-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Please could you give a link to where you got that from

You can find the article on this website:

http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=299780

Not the original source, because I do not have that

Little_Miss_1565
04-14-2006, 01:37 PM
But then why would Dexter write in his journal on offspring.com that Atom is still rehearsing with Offspring?

bbqfishsticks
04-14-2006, 10:28 PM
yeah I read that article a few days ago on punkdisasters.com...

and in the 1st macbeth podcast tom interviews atom. Atom doesn't say anything specific but he mentions something along the lines of how hard it to join a band and become family and then leave. Then he says angels and airwaves is the first and last band of his career... whatever that means.

But also I think dexter's entry where he mentions playing with atom and the rest of the band was after that podcast.

So I don't know...
kinda odd.

Autonomist
04-15-2006, 01:40 AM
At this point it probably seems bliss just to keep your head in the clouds rather than face up to the facts, but you all have to admit it does look very much like Atom is no longer drumming for The Offspring.

He may have posted on the forum stating he is not quitting the band, but it's been mentioned that this was before he was a member of Angels & Airwaves, and everyone thought this was concerning The Special Goodness. Dexter may have also said in the site journal they'd been rehearsing with Atom, but that's all he said - rehearsing. I suppose that's all they've ever been doing with him - rehearsing. It would certainly explain all the confusion over why Josh Freese was credited as the drummer for Can't Repeat, after Atom had "joined" the band.

Maybe I'm just seeing the suspicious side of it all, but you must admit, it does unfortunately look like I'm right...

EDIT: And if Atom has abandoned The Offspring to join a band with a fuckwit like Tom Delonge, then it just shows what to think of his decision making skills. The Offspring may not be as great as they once were, but they'll always be about a thousand times better than what a wanker like Delonge can produce musically.

Emily_offspring_fan
05-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Sorry for bumping and old thread, again. But I use the Search button a lot.

I just found that in that stupid AVA page. They're scans of an interview with Angels and Airwaves in a magazine, and I want to show you this part:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/_the_offspring_/32443289243.jpg
It get on my nerves!!
"Previous Bands: THE OFFSPRING"
"Atom says: (...) It's the best thing I've been a part of"

What do you think?

offspring_freak_3
05-10-2006, 12:44 PM
thats bullshit! oh well if he leaves the offspring, too bad, they can have another drummer. too bad for him

Emily_offspring_fan
05-10-2006, 12:53 PM
thats bullshit! oh well if he leaves the offspring, too bad, they can have another drummer. too bad for him
I really hate Atom. Since today. :(

Piedude
05-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Noticed on Kerrang.com earlier they are now referring to him as Offsprings Ex-drummer in a news article thats only a couple days old

Tijs
05-10-2006, 01:33 PM
"Atom says: (...) It's the best thing I've been a part of"

What do you think?
He's really proud of what he did, of course he says that. He'll say that about the next album he makes, and the one after that, and so on.

Noticed on Kerrang.com earlier they are now referring to him as Offsprings Ex-drummer in a news article thats only a couple days old
Ron Welty all over again :(

Emily_offspring_fan
05-10-2006, 01:34 PM
...This one? (http://www.kerrang.com/nav?page=kerrang.news.detail&fixture_news=4756691)

Emily_offspring_fan
05-10-2006, 01:41 PM
He's really proud of what he did, of course he says that. He'll say that about the next album he makes, and the one after that, and so on.
Yeah, I know, obviously he should be proud of his job, but that's not the important thing, I just put that cause ...maybe I'm annoyed with him.
The important thing is "Previous bands"

Ron Welty all over again :(
I can't believe that. Ron again...it's not real, i think if he would come again, it wouldn't be the same. Hope you understand me. My english is bad.

rlplaymaker
05-10-2006, 02:17 PM
sure sure, cuz you can always trust tom delonge.....and the french.

Nood!es
05-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Oh fucking well. His loss. I always hated him. And I knew he wouldnt stay. Im glad he left. They can find a new drummer. *cough HIRE RON BACK cough*

Emily_offspring_fan
05-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Oh fucking well. His loss. I always hated him. And I knew he wouldnt stay. Im glad he left. They can find a new drummer. *cough HIRE RON BACK cough*
Why have you always hated him? he's an excellent drummer, i used to like him, but since today I hate him.
Ron...I don't know, of course we miss him, but it'll be weird, he left, he comes back...hmm

[@M3R0N
05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
i unno if its been said, most likely but im too lazy to check,,, atom is the drummer in Aingels and Airwaves and so thats an awesome..ish band the rest of t he band suxx but yaa...

Fspring
05-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Hum... they could hire Travis Barker. it would be smtg like a trade: You shitty blink guy get our drummer and we will get yours.... even though he is on that shit plus-44. I think it's very bad stuff.

ignition991
05-10-2006, 09:31 PM

Ron never should've left...and it would be wierd if he comes back, and i think Ron is happy with steady ground
(www.myspace.com/steadyground)
He's smiling in one of their pictures he seems happier there then with The Offspring!

This has been discussed in a previous thread but what if they do end up getting James Lilja back, how's that for awkward?

Emily_offspring_fan
05-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Ron never should've left...and it would be wierd if he comes back, and i think Ron is happy with steady ground
(www.myspace.com/steadyground)
He's smiling in one of their pictures he seems happier there then with The Offspring!

This has been discussed in a previous thread but what if they do end up getting James Lilja back, how's that for awkward?
It would be great, with the exception that he is a gynecologist, and maybe he don't have enough experience to play drums in a big band like The Offspring.

Ninty Man
05-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Why have you always hated him? he's an excellent drummer, i used to like him, but since today I hate him.
Ron...I don't know, of course we miss him, but it'll be weird, he left, he comes back...hmm

The truth it's that he's an average drummer... I don't really miss him... of course... it's weird

Little_Miss_1565
05-11-2006, 06:49 PM
What the fuck? Why are we having to find this out in magazines and not from the official website?

Nood!es
05-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Thats what Im sayin

Llamas
05-12-2006, 09:51 PM
:( maybe the reason dexter hasn't posted anything in a while is because they dont' know what to do now that atom left... and he doesn't know what's gonna happen...

Ninty Man
05-12-2006, 10:21 PM
:( maybe the reason dexter hasn't posted anything in a while is because they dont' know what to do now that atom left... and he doesn't know what's gonna happen...

Maybe Dexter its too depressed, and it's drunk in some dark and wet ally of LA

Luriden
05-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Woah, holy crap. I missread Nood!es' name and thought it was Noodles, I was going to be shocked to see him saying fuck Atom. I'm glad I caught that.

Obie2trice
05-13-2006, 02:45 AM

Nah, I think they are busy with the new album. But it sucks that we don`t here anything about it. It`s been over a month since we last heard something from the band :confused:

forcyn
05-13-2006, 04:32 AM
it is possible. it's strange when band is making new album, drummer left the band and there's no news about it...

igniton/pyro
05-13-2006, 05:33 AM
I FUCKING HATE ATOM RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

darko
05-13-2006, 05:56 AM
For fuck sakes.....You are all the same, said you hated Ron when he left and loved Atom....now Atom has left...your worse than bloody primary kids....

The band prob won't post anything till they get a replacement....or some sort of temp like they did when Ron left.

igniton/pyro
05-13-2006, 05:59 AM
For fuck sakes.....You are all the same, said you hated Ron when he left and loved Atom....now Atom has left...your worse than bloody primary kids....

The band prob won't post anything till they get a replacement....or some sort of temp like they did when Ron left.
i loved ron. i want ron back! i never liked Atom.

darko
05-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Well I dont' think he's coming back....esp if things where as bad as they say.

forcyn
05-13-2006, 06:13 AM
I FUCKING HATE ATOM RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!
hey, you don't even know has he left or not and you hate him? even though you probably liked him when he joined Offspring.

retard

skiddles824
05-13-2006, 06:13 AM
he has i saw him in a a&a video and to prove it it even had his name in it

forcyn
05-13-2006, 06:17 AM
we may not be sure about it. have you heard any official news?

igniton/pyro
05-13-2006, 06:31 AM
hey, you don't even know has he left or not and you hate him? even though you probably liked him when he joined Offspring.

retard
i diddent like him when he joined. i have never liked him.

retard.

That_Guy91
05-13-2006, 06:40 AM
Then why would you say "I fucking hate him right now"?

igniton/pyro
05-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Then why would you say "I fucking hate him right now"?
i have never liked him but now i fucking hate him..... there is a difrense.

forcyn
05-13-2006, 07:00 AM
so you must like him just a little bit before

darko
05-13-2006, 07:14 AM
i have never liked him but now i fucking hate him..... there is a difrense.

Stop throwing your toys out your pram and grow up! How can you hate someone you've never met?

Emily_offspring_fan
05-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Stop throwing your toys out your pram and grow up! How can you hate someone you've never met?
You can hate someone who you don't meet. Example: Bush.
But yeah, stop with that, little kids.

forcyn
05-13-2006, 12:20 PM
You can hate someone who you don't meet. Example: Bush.

yeah, but thousands of people died because of Bush decisions and Atom just left band. even if it's your fav band it's not a reason to hate him.

ignition/pyro, and what if Atom did not left Offspring? will you still hate him?

Jakebert
05-13-2006, 12:41 PM
This thread got dumber and dumber as it went along.

Anyway, you guys are forgetting that Tom has a huge ego, and obviously assumes his band is more important than any other band out there. So, him saying Atom isn't in the Offspring anymore could just be him just assuming that Atom feels the same way about it that he does.

And even if he is leaving, you guys really need to get it through your heads that this is Atom's decision, not yours, and you really have no idea about anything that's going on with him personally that may influence it one way or the other. I understand being a little concerned, but to say "OMGZ I HATE HIM!!" is just dumb. For all you know, he may have a really good reason for it.

Bexy
05-13-2006, 01:39 PM
im gonna say somethin now, but has anyone seen this weeks kerrang! ? i dont know if its a quote from delonge, but theres a box about atom in which it says, amongst other stuff, previous bands the offspring, and he apparently says "even if noone else likes the record, i think its the best music ever. its the best thing i've been a part of." i cant see a direct link to the article on the website, but its on page 20 if anyones interested.

Emily_offspring_fan
05-13-2006, 02:40 PM
im gonna say somethin now, but has anyone seen this weeks kerrang! ? i dont know if its a quote from delonge, but theres a box about atom in which it says, amongst other stuff, previous bands the offspring, and he apparently says "even if noone else likes the record, i think its the best music ever. its the best thing i've been a part of." i cant see a direct link to the article on the website, but its on page 20 if anyones interested.
This Thread-This Page-Second Post. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23017&page=4&pp=10)

Llamas
05-13-2006, 03:56 PM
This thread got dumber and dumber as it went along.

Anyway, you guys are forgetting that Tom has a huge ego, and obviously assumes his band is more important than any other band out there. So, him saying Atom isn't in the Offspring anymore could just be him just assuming that Atom feels the same way about it that he does.

And even if he is leaving, you guys really need to get it through your heads that this is Atom's decision, not yours, and you really have no idea about anything that's going on with him personally that may influence it one way or the other. I understand being a little concerned, but to say "OMGZ I HATE HIM!!" is just dumb. For all you know, he may have a really good reason for it.

ex-fucking-actly.

I don't like tom delonge, and I hate AVA. I liked Atom, but I knew that he was involved with AVA, which means he's close with Tom... that made him lose a lot of credibility to me. I also think TDL is shady, and not a nice guy... so I lost trusth in Atom, and didn't expect him to stick with the offspring. I don't doubt that he left or might leave, but oh well. It's his decision, and ONLY his decision. It doesn't make sense to hate someone for leaving a band. You want him to stay? What if he stayed in the offspring, even though in his heart he wanted to drum for AVA? Then the offspring would sit with a drummer whose heart wasn't in it. I'd rather them find a drummer who really wants to be there.

Luriden
05-13-2006, 05:20 PM
From what I've heard of A&A, they're really good, so I really couldn't care less whether or not Atom ditches Offspring for them. C'mon people, he's the fucking drummer, it's not like you'd hear that much of a difference. It's not like it's Dexter or Noodles getting replaced, if that were the case then yeah I'd be upset too, they just wouldn't sound the same. They'll find another drummer, and move on.

That's assuming the rumor is true.

cool 2 hate 681
05-13-2006, 06:38 PM
go to http://www.kroq.com/ now to see a cool webcast

setlist

Dashboard Confessional 5:50-6:30
Rob Zombie 6:30-7:10
Angels & Airwaves 7:10-7:50
AFI 7:50-8:45
Matisyahu 8:45-9:30
Red Hot Chili Peppers 9:30-10:50