PDA

View Full Version : Freakazoid

nieh
04-12-2006, 10:28 PM
It was recently brought to my attention (about 15 minutes ago) that there are a few full episodes of this show up on Youtube. This show was awesome. How come they don't make shows like this anymore for kids?

coke_a_holic
04-12-2006, 10:30 PM
MUST GET ON YOUTUBE NOW.

I remember that show so well...

*hums*
"Runs around in underwear, Freakazoid, Freakazoid!"
*hums*

I wish I could remember more. :(

calichix
04-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Gargoyles dominates Freakazoid.

Little_Miss_1565
04-12-2006, 10:31 PM
ohmygod. my favorite. cartoon. ever.

nieh
04-12-2006, 10:32 PM

LIES!

ohmygod. my favorite. cartoon. ever.

Probably top 5 for me. There's a few I can think of that top it.

calichix
04-12-2006, 10:33 PM
dude, I'll fight you.

nieh
04-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Anytime! After this episode ends that is.

coke_a_holic
04-12-2006, 10:39 PM
I physically could not watch Gargoyles as a child. I found it boring beyond all reason.

Endymion
04-12-2006, 10:51 PM
freakazoid is one of my favorite shows of all time. i check about once a week to see if it's going to be coming out on dvd. alas, not yet :(

i once had about 20 episodes downloaded... i think i've burned them off somewhere.

Jebus
04-12-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm sad because I only vaguely remember watching and liking this show. Is this show created by the same people who created Animaniacs, by any chance? I just watched an episode and some of the humor seems similar in terms of style.

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Gargoyles was weak.

I physically could not watch Gargoyles as a child. I found it boring beyond all reason.

w0rd teh fuxc upz!

Jebus
04-12-2006, 11:42 PM
I thought Gargoyles were the shit back in the day. I think I had the complete Buger King Gargoyles toy set when I was younger. A few days ago I watched an episode. Holy shit, what was I thinking? It couldn't be anymore boring.

T-6005
04-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Gargoyles kicked major ass.

0r4ng3
04-13-2006, 12:33 AM
No no, I think you said it wrong.

They bored major ass.

T-6005
04-13-2006, 12:38 AM
No no, I think you said it wrong.

They bored major ass.
I haven't seen it in probably over 6 or 7 years. I remember thinking it was so cool, though.

Endymion
04-13-2006, 12:40 AM
freakazoid >> gargoyles

no comment on the overall quality of gargoyles though, just that freakazoid is vastly superior.

Jebus
04-13-2006, 12:42 AM
animaniacs > all

Seriously, this (http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/21274/Animaniacs_Yakko_s_World.html) owns.

T-6005
04-13-2006, 12:43 AM
freakazoid >> gargoyles
I can't argue that, I've never seen Freakazoid.

coke_a_holic
04-13-2006, 12:46 AM
animaniacs > all

Seriously, this (http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/21274/Animaniacs_Yakko_s_World.html) owns.
I used to have that as an mp3; IT IS GOD.

0r4ng3
04-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Dammit, it's taking for-freaking-ever to load.

Edit: It finished. That video is full of win.

Jebus
04-13-2006, 12:59 AM
5 dollars for whomever makes a cover.

EDIT: wtf? where did that "over" come from?

T-6005
04-13-2006, 01:02 AM
animaniacs > all

That's actually kind of scary in a way.

Jebus
04-13-2006, 01:08 AM
more animaniacs fun! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YVuwU1Qa_fI&search=animaniacs)

coke_a_holic
04-13-2006, 01:13 AM
What I hated about the Animaniacs is that they shared a show with a bunch of little shows that sucked (save Pinky and the Brain). There was that stupid Pigeon show and there was that stupid little girl who called her mom "Lady." I always missed the actual Animaniacs. Soooo lame.

Jebus
04-13-2006, 01:24 AM
I actually loved every mini show. I the only one that I didn't like was the one with squirrels.

more pwnage
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ebbm4hSFBc&search=animaniacs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PW2YDYMnd4M&search=animaniacs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zL7JmOuoM5I&search=animaniacs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=29eL6dDIyPU&search=animaniacs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XKcgTnfoM9Q&search=animaniacs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d96gWFFJ5Zw&search=animaniacs

kamikaze
04-13-2006, 01:41 AM
My list of shows that need to be brought onto DVD and given to our generation freely:

1. Are you Afraid of the Dark
2. Salute your Shorts
3. Hey Dude
4. Legends of the Hidden Temple
5. Clarissa Explains it all
6. Eurika's Castle (sp?)
7. Ren and Stimpy
8. Rocco's Modern Life
9. All That (1st & 2nd season only)
10. Beetlejuice (the cartoon)
11. Guts
12. Dinosaurs
13. Land of the Lost (or something similar - you know, the one where the family driving down the road ends up in this ditch & they go back in time & live with dinosaurs & whatnot? yeah, that one.)
14. Ocean Girl
15. Daria
16. The Sifl & Ollie Show

There are more. Many more. However, it's 3:41 AM and I just got done with a grueling 14 hour day. I do hope you'll forgive my lack of memory. :)

Endymion
04-13-2006, 01:49 AM
dinosaurs seasons one and two comes out may second. i've preordered. the rest i'll pass on.

Paint_It_Black
04-13-2006, 02:40 AM
There was that stupid Pigeon show

Don't be dissing the Goodfeathers.

I liked watching the animaniancs, but only for the other mini-shows or whatever you'd call them. I didn't like the actual animaniacs at all.

Did anyone watch Dogtanian when they were a kid? I remember it being fucking awesome, and I still sing the theme tune regularly.

Fuck you all for making me nostalgic. Build me a time machine right fucking now.

Fuck.

notoriousdoc
04-13-2006, 05:57 AM
animaniacs > all

Sweet holy fuck, that was good. So many memories...

coke_a_holic
04-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Don't be dissing the Goodfeathers.

I liked watching the animaniancs, but only for the other mini-shows or whatever you'd call them. I didn't like the actual animaniacs at all.

Did anyone watch Dogtanian when they were a kid? I remember it being fucking awesome, and I still sing the theme tune regularly.

Fuck you all for making me nostalgic. Build me a time machine right fucking now.

Fuck.
To be fair, I had no knowledge of gangsters or anything when I was watching it. Looking back, I think that show would be really funny, but when I was a kid, it was just a bunch of pigeons with stupid accents. *shrugs*

Rag Doll
04-13-2006, 10:16 AM
The Goodfeathers = awesome. Best part of animaniacs.

Speaking of singing theme songs....I've been singing Stick Stickleys address like crazy lately. And all my friends are like "wtf is wrong with you why do you remember that".

nieh
04-13-2006, 10:34 AM
The only one of the mini-cartoon things on Animaniacs I didn't particularly like was Rita and Runt. There were never any real jokes in it. Goodfeathers was...ok, but it was the second worst out of all of them. I loved the ones with Buttons and Mindy and of course Pinky and the Brain. Were there any others that I'm not remembering?

Also, since we're on the topic, I used to have an Animaniacs shirt that was autographed by the guys that did Yakko and Wakko's voices and I had a Pinky and the Brain shirt that was autographed by the guys that did their voices (Pinky was actually done by the same guy that did Yakko). That was awesome.

Paint_It_Black
04-13-2006, 01:31 PM
To be fair, I had no knowledge of gangsters or anything when I was watching it.

Yeah, it helped if you'd seen Goodfellas a thousand times. And since most kids probably hadn't, it was an odd choice for a kid cartoon.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-13-2006, 02:37 PM
4. Legends of the Hidden Temple

8. Rocco's Modern Life

I found episodes of both on Youtube. Thumbs up!

calichix
04-13-2006, 05:11 PM
All the other cartoons were for pussy-footing around. When Gargoyles came on it was time to get serious.

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Legends of the Hidden Temple was fucking awesome.

coke_a_holic
04-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Some one remind me: Legends was the show where they had teams like "the silver monkeys" competing and whatnot? If so, that show owned.

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Actually, it was the Silver SNAKES, and the GREEN Monkeys...along with the Blue Barracudas, Orange Iguanas, and some more I'm forgetting. That show was so great...and I loved the theme music. God, I want that song.

coke_a_holic
04-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Actually, it was the Silver SNAKES, and the GREEN Monkeys...along with the Blue Barracudas, Orange Iguanas, and some more I'm forgetting. That show was so great...and I loved the theme music. God, I want that song.
Are you sure? My memory isn't as good as I remember. I was gonna mention the Blue Barracudas, but I couldn't really remember how to spell it. I remember watching that show for hours...

calichix
04-14-2006, 12:11 AM
what's the one where they always ended up in a banana split?

kamikaze
04-17-2006, 09:02 PM
what's the one where they always ended up in a banana split?

Double Dare?

XYlophonetreeZ
04-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Nooo, I think it was What Would You Do? They'd always have to go to these things like, the Pie Pod, and the Pie Wash and shit. But it was also hosted by that Marc Summers guy.

JohnnyNemesis
04-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Nooo, I think it was What Would You Do? They'd always have to go to these things like, the Pie Pod, and the Pie Wash and shit. But it was also hosted by that Marc Summers guy.

Marc Summers was a class act!

I remember What Would You Do. Good shit. Always followed by Wild & Crazy Kids. I don't know why, but I fucking loved that show too.

kamikaze
04-18-2006, 01:40 PM
And what about Weinerville?! MARK EFFIN' WEINER!! And that Boney guy... "I'm Boney, I'm Boney, Leave me alone-y"

0r4ng3
11-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Bump, because I tried having a nostalgia trip, but I see no full episodes of Freakazoid on YouTube. They're all 2-minute clips. Is there anywhere else I can look?

opivy21
11-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Pete & Pete was a classic along with all the ones already mentioned.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-30-2006, 08:42 PM
I love this thread so very much.
--
Figure It Out was probably my favorite Nickelodeon game show. "And the secret slime action is...". They had the whole All That cast, my favorites were the redhead dude and the fat girl.
--
Legends of the Hidden Temple, I'd watch this show every single morning before I went to school. I always rooted for the Silver Snakes. This was even before they were on planes.
--
Doug seems to be the most popular and the most missed. Quail Man, Patty Mayonaisse, and now I feel stupid because I forgot the blue guy's name (Skeeter was it?)
--
Rugrats is a classic, no matter what anyone says. Thankfully, my little sister is old enough to still see some of the older episodes. However, my seven-year-old cousin missed them and only sees All Grown Up. I think they still air the original ones, though.
--
I always thought Cousin Skeeter was one of the funniest show ever.
--
Now, moving on to Cartoon Network, the only shows I actually found amusing were Dexter's Lab and Ed, Edd, and Eddie.
--
I always hated Disney Channel with a passion. I still do.
--
What was that one show the bunnies? Buster was one of the names and there was a pink one too.

Dr Appetite
11-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Tiny Tunes. Oh yeah! That was a great show along with Animaniacs.

Dr Appetite
12-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Toons, my mistake.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Fun House was a classic (probably UK only)
Rugrats
Kenan and Kel ("who loves orange soda?")
Sabrina The Teenage Witch (yes I liked it :o )
POWER RANGERS!!!!!!!
Dinosaurs
Captain Scarlet
Beavis & Butt-Head
Biker Mice From Mars
Johnny Bravo
Tom and Jerry (It was always on Cartoon network)
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
The Ren & Stimpy Show
The Flintstones
Wishbone

and probably loads more, just can't remember!

- -Lauren- -
12-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Oh man I loved Freakazoid.
I was thinking about that a while ago actually...

On the subject of Nick shows..

Dude, you could not beat "Double Dare" and "Legends of the Hidden Temple." I loveeeeed Wild and Crazy kids too. I miss older Nickelodeon. :(

EDIT: Does anyone remember the slightly older Cartoon Network shows like Two Stupid Dogs? They've got full episodes on YouTube. I miss the Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain too.

Lodat225
12-01-2006, 04:59 PM
They give "Double Dare" and "Legends of the Hidden Temple" on Toon Nick. My cable has it on channel 123. They also give many old shows.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Nick GaS has those game shows too.
--

Tiny Tunes. Oh yeah! That was a great show along with Animaniacs.

Yes! That's the one. I think I had a GameBoy game about that show.
--
Oh, I forgot about Kenan and Kel. Anytime someone makes reference to orange soda, I always bring Kel up.

0r4ng3
12-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Bump, because I tried having a nostalgia trip, but I see no full episodes of Freakazoid on YouTube. They're all 2-minute clips. Is there anywhere else I can look?
I just wanted to stop by and thank you all for your help. Yeah.