PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the joy of driving lessons

Duskygrin
04-14-2006, 02:39 AM
. .

notoriousdoc
04-14-2006, 02:49 AM
Your poor feet :(

You're doing a lot better than some people though, I know a few who took 20 years to get their license :S

Preocupado
04-14-2006, 03:51 AM
hey my instructor kept telling me to use the... the lights that you blink to make a turn. That must be padron for instructors, but i soon got tired of it and i cut the guy saying: "can i try without your help for a bit?" That wasan't really a question.

the_offsprings_monkey
04-14-2006, 04:02 AM
I was going to get my lessons this month, but now I'm gonnna get a moped, I cannot afford the cose of running a car just yet lol.

clokey43
04-14-2006, 09:40 AM
I had the most of the same problems as you when I was learning. I found it impossible to change gears correctly. I also had a huge issue with coasting that and a habbit for not stopping at pedestrian crossings when a pedestrian was crossing. Oh well, got it eventually, I havent hurt anyone yet!

ninthlayer
04-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Cars bum me out so I try to avoid driving. I guess spending 35+ hours in a car a week for a year will do that to you.

I like my current car, I've had it for almost three years and in that time I've only needed to buy six tires (4 to replace the ones on it when I bought it and 2 to replace the ones that I blew out last Christmas Eve on a pothole), get various oil changes, and an alignment adjustment. However, I do need to take it in to the shop to get another alignment adjustment and new brake pads. Grand total of about $3600 (plus gas) to purchase and maintain a 1996 Buick LeSabre (Happy 10th Birthday Mr. Car) for three years. Not bad at all.

the_GoDdEsS
04-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Women can't drive.

Sin Studly
04-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Just like cooking.

killer_queen
04-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Women can't drive.
I agree with this one. I always avoid getting in women's cars. God, they should learn that those mirrors are not for checking their makeup.

the_GoDdEsS
04-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I agree with this one. I always avoid getting in women's cars. God, they should learn that those mirrors are not for checking their makeup.

HAHAHA. You win.

Rag Doll
04-14-2006, 12:42 PM
My driving instructor was pretty goddamn useless. Thankfully, I only needed to take 6 hours of driving lessons with him (with my insurance company, 6 hours of lessons drops the cost of insurance...and NJ has insanely high insurance, so any little bit helps). And he looked like Michael Moore. Exactly like Michael Moore.