PDA

View Full Version : MY review of splinter!!!!!

bouncingcoles
04-14-2006, 06:32 AM
i decided to make my own thread because if i posted it in that other dudes thread no one would read it. ya everyone is probobly gonna shit on me for this but i dont care. tell me me what you think of my review!

Neocon- A great intro to an album. although its nothing really new, many bands have made intros like this and it seems like its gotten quite popular over the years. but its still great and was amazing live on the splinter tour! but since its only an intro ill have to give it a 7/10

The Noose- This is defiinetly a pretty great offspring song. definetly a highlight on this album. its got cool lyrics, plenty of energy and even a little solo. although it would be nice to make the solo a little longer. but overall its definetly a great punk song and shows that offspring are still very much a punk band. 8/10

Long Way Home- This is a pretty good song. unfortunatly the lyrics are somewhat lame, and the chorus is nothing to impressive. But the drum fill in the song is excellent and something offspring has never done before which is great. overall this is a pretty good song. 7/10

Hit That- this is the kind of song that gives offspring a bad name. personally i dont mind it that much but other people hate it. Its definetly insanly catchy which is cool. but i think it gives offspring a bad name. but its pretty fun live but musically its not impressive at all. it seems like dexter was just trying to write another pretty fly for a white guy like he did with original prankster. i pray to god there next album doesnt have a song like this.... 5/10

Race Against Myself- a generic rock song. but its got a few cool guitar things and is pretty catchy. its got pretty cool lyrics aswell. definetly a bit different from what offspring has done in the past! 7/10

Can't Get My(Head Around You)- This is probobly my fav song on the album with the noose at my close second. this is definetly one of my favorite offspring songs ever. its pretty heavy and at the concerts it makes me want to go insane! and its even got a cool guitar wah wah thing. i dig it. its short but who cares. 9/10

The Worst Hangover Ever- This is the kind of song that makes me kind of imbarised to listen to.....i mean, its catchy and somewhat entertaining and its cool offspring made a ska type song.....but its just a really lame concept that i could imagine weird al yankovic doing. dont get me wrong, i like funny offspring songs, but this is too far....4/10

Never Gonna Find Me- this is another fast punk song like the noose and lightning rod that further proves offspring still writes plenty of punk songs. the style is a little bit like pennywise. its kinda cool how it goes into lightning rod. 7/10

Lightning Rod- personally i think this song is quite overrated with the people on the forums.....but thats just my opinion. its definetly a pretty good song but nothing too ground breaking or cool. 6.5/10

Spare Me the Details- definetly a catchy song. Its a pretty cool song. but if someone was going to say offspring sold out or stopped making punk songs, this is an example that they would use. it sounds like they just tried to make another why dont you get a job. plus im pretty sure the lead guitar part is ripped off from another song......6.5/10

Da Hui- This song is a bit different for offspring. a fast yet short punk song. nothing amazing in it but straight to the point! the lyrics are nothing amazing but the song is a lot of fun to listen to and is great live, which is what really matters right? 7.5/10

When You're in Prison- if this album was longer i wouldnt mind having this "song" on the album. im going to give it a pretty low score. its fairly funny but its only worth hearing in once.....2/10

Dont get me wrong, iv been a hardcore fan of offspring since 2000. they are even the reason im in a band and play guitar. but i think splinter was a pretty poor album. but it definetly has its share of gems.

Dexter_H
04-14-2006, 07:03 AM
I swear these reviews are getting out of hand.

The-Offspring-RuLe
04-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Its because there is no new news to feed off so they are going mental with other things that have been done before but wrapping them up different to make them seem like new things, yawn!

offspring_freak_3
04-14-2006, 07:42 AM
I swear these reviews are getting out of hand.
agreed. these reviews r getting annoying

OddOneOut_Bassist
04-14-2006, 08:10 AM
agreed. these reviews r getting annoying

YOU TWO ARE GODS! kill the fucking reviews!!!!!!!!!

JohnnyNemesis
04-14-2006, 08:33 AM
This is a horrible review.

Kill Boy Power Head
04-14-2006, 09:50 AM
we dont care about your review nor did we ask for it

bouncingcoles
04-15-2006, 10:08 AM
we dont care about your review nor did we ask for it

yes you do

brothadave79
04-15-2006, 12:02 PM
I don't know why you guys are always bagging the reviews. I think it's awesome that people are reviewing these albums several years after they've been released! LOLz, reviews are rad!

Llamas
04-15-2006, 01:30 PM
they'd be a lot better if the board wasn't cluttered with halfassed reviews. Don't write a review if you're going to write "this song is good. the solos are neat. I like the lyrics 8/10". Plus nobody has said anything abuot overall themes of albums or anything... talking about each song gets old.

Corpse
04-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Praps they should make a sticky especially for reviews.

H1T_That
04-15-2006, 03:10 PM
you're review sucked...its meant to be your review, yet on more than one occassion you based your opinion on what people on this forum think.