PDA

View Full Version : What happens with this decade?

Melissa_ab90
04-14-2006, 06:34 AM
----------------------------------------

Sin Studly
04-14-2006, 06:37 AM
This decade is just fine for people who live in countries where they don't have to run from machinegun fire on a daily basis.

the_GoDdEsS
04-14-2006, 06:38 AM
Could you specify the questions a little? Aspects?

I'm fairly certain it's going to get worse. The West is going to get derraged by capitalism, materialism and egotism and the East by status differences, alcohol and poverty. And the values will drop further.

Mota Boy
04-14-2006, 09:00 AM
The most tragic thing about this decade is that it doesn't have a name. Nobody knows what to call it, so they ignore it. There haven't been any radio stations specializing in the Aughts (a personal favorite name - it's got that retro-future vibe, though the Ohs work too), there haven't been any CD collections. Socially and politically, since we don't want to name it, all the thinkers have instead tried to describe the "Post-9/11 World" rather than the decade itself, which come with several inherent biases about the driving forces of the world scene at the moment and leads us to make incorrect conclusions.

Sin Studly
04-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Some people call it the "naughties", which is so fucking lame it makes me want to spit.

Mota Boy
04-14-2006, 09:02 AM
That's going to be the first thing I outlaw after the revolution.

Nicole
04-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Its taken me ages to get the feel for this decade, as in there seems to be a definate personality of each one culturally and politcally and when we're in the present it's hard to see it for what it is.

I think it's the usual case of we've made some nice progress in some areas, fallen down and only done ourselves a huge disfavour in others.

The quality of the music is the one thing that I do have to question. I realise the mainstream has always had its few gems and a lot of stuff that blows over, but the change in music distribution seems to leave a lot more filler, albums that seem to be dedicated to 2 songs, or maybe that's just me. The more mainstream stuff that's done by the bigger music corporations used to be mostly bad as always, but it had this vibe of more effort being put in.

0r4ng3
04-14-2006, 11:21 AM
If I ever have to give it a name, it'll be something like "The New Millenium" or something like that.

Melissa_ab90
04-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Socially; I was forgetting something, the Tv is decaying too low.. Now, all those realities, persons who wanna change their faces and bodies, only for vanity.Before, the tv only was a mass media, but now I think is a average of social manipulation...

Maybe, this decade could be named Decad-ence... :eek:

But even so,this lapse will not endure a lot, 'cause it will finish, like a flower in bloom, but after bloom , its petals will fall down. :cool:

DeAtHsTaR
04-14-2006, 05:47 PM
The 90s were better.

That's all I know.

HornyPope
04-15-2006, 05:45 AM
It's only a shitty decade in the West, I noticed; I think in particular because the entertainment model of America has stagnated and left the people bored and lacking excitement. Socially, we (in the west) are moving without a direction and no one seems to care. Internet has remplaced entertainment but its cliches and themes haven't yet transcended as the real-world fads. SOAP is almost there, however.
There is more movement and changes in the East. Asia is growing, and people are fighting for their careers, their future, their role and place in society. Or so from what I hear and imagine, as my scope is very limited. Eastern Europe is finally stabilising and poised for changed--thought that, too, starts the stagnation period, and ought to resolve in complete boredom the next decade at the latest.