PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the RHCP Video

coke_a_holic
04-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Alright, Mike and I are having a discussion. Is the last scene supposed to be a Green Day imitation or just normal RHCP?

Edit: I won't mention who says what, to avoid bias.

Evidence towards GD:
*black suit
*tie
*flag behidn set (like American flag in AI)
*lots of jumping

Evidence towards normal:
*gloves and shorts are different for suit
*flag is a RHCP flag, not an American
*what's his name is jut bald, and singer has hair normal
*spazzing on instruments

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2F3gZ8fJlVE&search=red%20hot%20chili%20peppers

After the Nirvana segment, you will see what we're discussing. Please leave your opinion in the poll so we can settle this matter.

Is it Green Day or is it The Red Hot Chili Peppers

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Definitely RHCP. The flag should be a giveaway.

I think the tie and black shirts are just a coincidence. It's not like Green Day coined that fashion.

Revolver-2005?
04-14-2006, 11:26 AM
I actually think it was a mix of a few things; Grunge, heavy metal, punk, and the grease monkey dude i have no idea, but thats my theory.

All About Eve
04-14-2006, 11:32 AM
I actually think it was a mix of a few things; Grunge, heavy metal, punk,

Those were in there for other scenes.

Apathy
04-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Something makes me think that it was Green Day. The way he's spastically jumping around and his tie. So yeah.

nieh
04-14-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm thinking Green Day.

Either way, the whole video kinda makes Anthony Keidis's grudge against Mike Patton for "stealing his moves" seem rather null and void now.

Jebus
04-14-2006, 12:22 PM
whoa, I'm stupid. I was thinking acdc or good charlotte for some reason.

Lars
04-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Avril?

whatever happened to her anyway?

DeAtHsTaR
04-14-2006, 02:11 PM
I thought that too, but I think it's just a coincidence now that I think about it. So what were all the bands they parodied? I counted these ones:

Jimi Hendrix
Nirvana
generic 80's hair metal band
some 50s band

what was the third band they imitated, right after Hendrix?

Corpse
04-14-2006, 02:51 PM
There aint no Jimi Hendrix there, I get Elvis, The Beatles, Cream, Parliment Funkadelic, Twisted Sister, The Cure, The Sex Pistols, Kiss, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers.

All About Eve
04-14-2006, 03:54 PM
There weren't actual band copyings, I think, more just the style.

HeadAroundU
04-14-2006, 04:25 PM
.....Misfits.....

Tijs
04-14-2006, 05:09 PM
I thought they copied Avril Lavigne...

DeAtHsTaR
04-14-2006, 05:19 PM
I thought they copied Avril Lavigne...
Green Day did! The "ah ah, ah ah" in BOBD is so much like Happy Ending by Avril it's unbearable.

Jebus
04-14-2006, 05:21 PM
I think I was thinking of of Avril when I said Good Charlotte. Lars is probaly right.

All About Eve
04-14-2006, 05:22 PM
.....Misfits.....

Other bands have used that style too, though.

Jebus
04-14-2006, 05:32 PM
There weren't actual band copyings, I think, more just the style.
Most of them were blatant band copies. Although I do think the purpose was to imitate styles, they still did so by copying actual bands.

HeadAroundU
04-15-2006, 10:18 AM
The Red Hot Chili Peppers are delivering a little rock history lesson in their new video. The clip for "Dani California," the first single from the band's upcoming two-CD release, "Stadium Arcadium," was directed by Tony Kaye, who came up with the concept. The video shows the Chili Peppers masquerading as crucial artists in the rock timeline such as Elvis Presley, the Beatles, horror punks the Misfits and Nirvana. However, Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis tells MTV, quote, "We chose the moments in history we wanted to honor." Kiedis says he and his bandmates were "more informed" on rock history than the other people working on the video, so they felt it was their duty to select the moments to focus on. However, they were still forced to leave out any number of crucial points in the music's development, including rock supergroups like the Who and Led Zeppelin, and genres like hip-hop, disco, mod and ska. Chili Peppers bassist Flea says they did the best they could, adding, quote, "We love rock music so much, and it's so sacred to us, we just wanted to honor it and bow before it and take our hats off to it. We would never (mess) with the sacredness of rock music.

" “Dani California” has become the second song in “Billboard’s” Modern Rock chart history to debut at number one. The only other act to debut atop the chart was R.E.M. This marks the Chili Peppers’ ninth number one song overall, which is also a record for the Modern Rock format, breaking a tie with Green Day and U2. The track also received the largest amount of spins in a single week since Linkin Park’s “Somewhere I Belong.” ·

The 28-song "Stadium Arcadium" is due May 9th; the Chili Peppers have announced the cities for their upcoming North American tour, but won't be revealing the venues and dates until May 1st.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-16-2006, 08:35 AM
They're themselves. They said that in an interview I saw on MTV News (....who can resist Shire?) yesterday.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-21-2006, 06:59 AM
im so glad the chili peppers are good again i hated the whole zephr song thing.....i got elvis for the first one,buddy holly,prince,then i didnt get the first chorus(looks like glam rock)david bowie,sex pisols,marilyn manson or nin(something like that)motley crue,nirvana,Then its definitely rhcp putting on a good show-green day never do that,they dont prance around the stage either

coke_a_holic
04-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Judging by the votes: Alex definitely wins. I thought it was Green Day. :(