PDA

View Full Version : My review of every offspring album

Sin Studly
04-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Buddha

Nice, good music. The first album a true punk band makes is ALWAYS the best, and this is no exception. I bought this along with all their other CDs when I first heard them from Enema of the State, and I haven't actually listened to it all the way through yet, but it's definitely the best album. 5/5

Cheshire Cat

Pretty good, this is made before the band started to totally sell out. Offspring were still pretty tight back then, this is definitely the second best album they've made, back from when they cared about the fans more than the stupid labels and profits. I've listened to this one all of the way through. 5/5

Dude Ranch

A pretty good album in its own right, has some hardcore true punk in it but they are starting to slip towards sellout-ism here. It's not as good as the previous two albums but it deserves recognition as an awesome album anyway. 4/5 (-1 point for selling out). This album also has the best Offspring song EVER, "American Idiot".

Enema of the State

This is the WORST offspring album ever made, seriously. I can't believe anyone likes it, or ever liked it. I always hated it, it's really fucking shit. It's full of stupid sold out pop garbage that mainstreamer radio stations just play and play and play and never stop playing. 0/5 and fuck you Dexter!

Mark, Tom and Travis Show

They're not as bad sellouts in this album, probably because the fans totally wouldn't stand for it last time. They must have seen how much profit and recognition the last album gave them and realised what SELLOUTS they were so they decided to change their style and be slightly more true punk. Not as good as the first two albums after the 100th time you listen to it. 5/5.

Take off Your Pants & Jacket

Yeah, the Offspring did pretty well in this one. They're going more and more towards the real punk style they used to have, and it shows. It's much better than that shitty sellout album they did that all the newfans love, which is really pathetic. They shouldn't have the right to like Offspring unless they liked them since 2004. Anyways, this gets 5/5.

Nood!es
04-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Wow..just wow.

notoriousdoc
04-14-2006, 11:18 AM
You fucking wanker!! American Idiot is on Take Off You Pants and Jacket!!

And Nood!es, what the fuck is the "Klu Klucks Klan"?

Nood!es
04-14-2006, 11:23 AM
A 'klan' of people who are racist to black people. Its a quote from a song.

rocketman
04-14-2006, 11:25 AM
A 'klan' of people who are racist to black people. Its a quote from a song.
Isn't that the Ku KLUX Klan?

notoriousdoc
04-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Isn't that the Ku KLUX Klan?
Leave the retard alone, son.

paulrose
04-14-2006, 11:29 AM
ok am i just stupid and this is a joke or has no body else noticed but they werent offspring albums, they were titles of blink 182 albums.......

Sin Studly
04-14-2006, 11:31 AM
ok am i just stupid and this is a joke or has no body else noticed but they werent offspring albums, they were titles of blink 182 albums.......

Whatever, all that crap sounds the same anyway.

notoriousdoc
04-14-2006, 11:32 AM
You make me ashamed of my island. More, anyway

DICKON
04-14-2006, 11:33 AM

thank god i ent alone on that, i dint want 2 say owt because i thort it was just me lol and i dint want to look silly, but yeah, there blink...

paulrose
04-14-2006, 11:36 AM
You make me ashamed of my island. More, anyway

huh? i make you ashamed?

notoriousdoc
04-14-2006, 11:36 AM
You just look stupid.

notoriousdoc
04-14-2006, 11:41 AM
huh? i make you ashamed?
You didn't recognise that it was just a joke and you're English. I pity this country.

ruroken
04-14-2006, 11:49 AM
ENEMA IS TRU PUNX U STUPID DUMSHIT GODAM MOTHRFUKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

JohnnyNemesis
04-14-2006, 11:51 AM
I endorse this thread.

0r4ng3
04-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Wow, you idiot, your review could not be any more wrong...

You forgot their last, untitled album. Y'know, the only one without immature joke songs, which they are known for.

Llamas
04-14-2006, 02:46 PM
GOD DAMN IT! enema was gold!!! so underrated... fuck you, you're not a real offspring fan! and american idiot is the worst song dexter ever wrote...

0r4ng3
04-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Really? I always preferred Bro Hymn.

Thomas
04-14-2006, 03:09 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Josie is CLEARLY the bestest Offspring song evar.

Hypodermic_89
04-14-2006, 03:23 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/Youth_Energy/AwesomeThread.jpg

offspring fan
04-14-2006, 03:40 PM
i dont see what so funny about this thread....

Apathy
04-14-2006, 07:58 PM
I refuse to believe there are people as stupid as some of the ones I come across in this forum.

Llamas
04-14-2006, 08:36 PM
the thread is funny solely because of how damn annoying the "my review of [insert album title]" threads. Nobody cares, and if anyone does, there should be one thread dedicated to that... this thread is just mocking how damn annoying it's been...

bbqfishsticks
04-14-2006, 09:00 PM
say it aint so...
I will not go...
turn the lights off...
carry me home...
all I want...

what a great song...
4me2poop0n!
:cool:

too bad offspring broke up...
angels and airheads should be sweet though.

killer_queen
04-15-2006, 12:42 AM
When someone makes a funny joke just laugh at it. Don't try to continue.

Sin Studly
04-15-2006, 02:25 AM
You're missing the point. This isn't a striking out at the review threads, I don't even look at this forum ; so I don't care.

All I'm saying is Offspring, Blink, Green Day, Pennywise etc. are all the same old fucking shit.

TMDGJ
04-15-2006, 05:21 PM

NAH, are you kidding, those arent real ofspring albums?, damn, now i have to throw all the albums i have with blin.. i mean offspring away. How can you do this to me? :P

Harnum
04-15-2006, 06:51 PM
i dont see what so funny about this thread....
you're not alone.

Llamas
04-16-2006, 01:21 AM
sin studly seems to think that bands all sound the same because they play the same genre of music... he likes to blurt out random bullshit that makes no sense, and then not support his awful argument.

neocon58
04-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Buddha

Nice, good music. The first album a true punk band makes is ALWAYS the best, and this is no exception. I bought this along with all their other CDs when I first heard them from Enema of the State, and I haven't actually listened to it all the way through yet, but it's definitely the best album. 5/5

Cheshire Cat

Pretty good, this is made before the band started to totally sell out. Offspring were still pretty tight back then, this is definitely the second best album they've made, back from when they cared about the fans more than the stupid labels and profits. I've listened to this one all of the way through. 5/5

Dude Ranch

A pretty good album in its own right, has some hardcore true punk in it but they are starting to slip towards sellout-ism here. It's not as good as the previous two albums but it deserves recognition as an awesome album anyway. 4/5 (-1 point for selling out). This album also has the best Offspring song EVER, "American Idiot".

Enema of the State

This is the WORST offspring album ever made, seriously. I can't believe anyone likes it, or ever liked it. I always hated it, it's really fucking shit. It's full of stupid sold out pop garbage that mainstreamer radio stations just play and play and play and never stop playing. 0/5 and fuck you Dexter!

Mark, Tom and Travis Show

They're not as bad sellouts in this album, probably because the fans totally wouldn't stand for it last time. They must have seen how much profit and recognition the last album gave them and realised what SELLOUTS they were so they decided to change their style and be slightly more true punk. Not as good as the first two albums after the 100th time you listen to it. 5/5.

Take off Your Pants & Jacket

Yeah, the Offspring did pretty well in this one. They're going more and more towards the real punk style they used to have, and it shows. It's much better than that shitty sellout album they did that all the newfans love, which is really pathetic. They shouldn't have the right to like Offspring unless they liked them since 2004. Anyways, this gets 5/5.

What is your opinon on their last, selftitled release? I think they really turned a corner with that CD.

jacknife737
04-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Some people have too much time on their hands.

Sin Studly
04-19-2006, 10:53 AM
sin studly seems to think that bands all sound the same because they play the same genre of music... he likes to blurt out random bullshit that makes no sense, and then not support his awful argument.

You're an idiot.

Tijs
04-19-2006, 11:08 AM
I'll just go ahead and close this thread now. It's over Justin... it's over.