PDA

View Full Version : Americana review.

F@ BANKZ
04-15-2006, 04:18 AM
My review of Americana.....well everyone else is doing it so i thought id go witgh the crowd for once :D

Welcome, who gives a......
Have you ever, Great opening song, perhaps one of the best, abit slow, chantable. 8 (out of 10)

Staring At The Sun, Originally a great really catchy song but it wears down abit as you age. 7

Pretty Fly, great song, overrated but great. I do like this song very much but there are these girls at school obsessed by the song and they kind of put me off abit. Great song. 9

The Kids Arnt Alright, Best song ever, what is there you cant like about this song, the fact it can depress you is really quite good in that it keeps back trendy assholes because its not chav enough for them. 10

Feelings, now, when i heard this was a cover i almost had a heart attack, but i didnt so all is well, i dont know what to say really so ill just give it a 7

Shes got issues, didnt get onto greatest hits, but very almost should have, i and many others can got into this song very fast and enjoyed it since, it was kind of just an excuse for the yeah yeeeah! BUT I LIKE IT. 8.5

Walla Walla, catchy styleish crazy in most ways, like it. 8

The End Of The Line, im not into this one its just not got the rhythem of gone away, or most offspring songs for that matter, ill give it a 5.5. Maybe my least faveroute on the Cd

No Breaks, better than The End Of The Line but it doesnt much compare to the other songs on the album.

Why Dont You Get A Job, as far as i know everyone loves this song, it was almost a second Pretty Fly, this song cheers me up when im down because its just fun, its also quite unique as its actually pretty good unlike Worst Hangover and What Happened to you (which in fairness wasnt all that bad as it was a joke song)

Americana, Love it, they have really tried hard on this song and got it just right, i love it. Doesnt compare to the songs off greatest hits as it is a kind of public damand song, it also reminds me of green day music, but better so..... 8.5

Pay The Man, i just love this song, patence required though, after the first 2 hours you listen to it its better than almost any other song on the album, the chanting and music is cool too. their best finishing song i think. 9

Man this review is shit, oh well ill post it anyway, this cost mje two euro fifty to make, damn this internet cafè.

Corpse
04-15-2006, 04:19 AM
Enough with the fucking reviews.

F@ BANKZ
04-15-2006, 04:21 AM
Even faster than id predicted

crrrN
04-15-2006, 04:50 AM
I disagree with the review. The end of the line kicks ass.

Obie2trice
04-15-2006, 05:08 AM
Yeah, The End Of The Line is one of my favorite songs

That_Guy91
04-15-2006, 06:18 AM
eeewww, You like Why Don't You Get A Job.

DICKON
04-15-2006, 06:38 AM
i like WDYGAJ, and enough with everyone ripping people for their point of views, ITS WHAT FORUMS ARE FOR!! expressing wot u think about a subject, jesus christ cut him some slack! Feelings i don't like, but i agree with everything esle.

Hux
04-15-2006, 06:55 AM
The review doesn't contain much information/support.

The End Of The Line does kick arse :D.

And can people stop doing reviews, it's getting out of hand, maybe the mods can make an official thread dedicated to reviews.

alistair13
04-15-2006, 08:35 AM
And can people stop doing reviews, it's getting out of hand, maybe the mods can make an official thread dedicated to reviews.

seriously... one person makes a review of co1, i think it was, then every other thread in GOD is a review. i agree that the mods should just sticky a review thread and allow more variety in this forum.

randman21
04-15-2006, 09:20 AM
I think it was a pretty good review, although I'd probably score each song higher.

Llamas
04-15-2006, 10:18 AM
I disagreed with the review. and WDYGAJ was NOT a joke song.

end of the line deserves a much higher score. pretty fly should not be above americana, end of the line, staring at the sun, or tied with pay the man.

HeadAroundU
04-15-2006, 10:29 AM
If you have less than 1000 posts you shouldn't be able to do a review.
*crying*
oh, and adults only!

Llamas
04-15-2006, 10:30 AM
that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard... having more posts makes your opinion more valid?

Conspiracy of One
04-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Having quality posts make your opinions much more valid, the post count is irrelevant. Albeit not the case for folk like HAU.

HeadAroundU
04-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Cry me a river babies!

HeadAroundU
04-15-2006, 10:40 AM
that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard... having more posts makes your opinion more valid?
Yes, of course.

DeAtHsTaR
04-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Feelings is a parody, not a cover.

DeAtHsTaR
04-15-2006, 04:17 PM
What Happened to You is NOT a joke song either.

Llamas
04-15-2006, 05:05 PM
people think that every song that the offspring does that has a light sound to it is a joke song... hit that, why don't you get a job, what happened to you?, etc...

H1T_That
04-15-2006, 05:22 PM
i didnt want to make a new thread about this, so im just putting this psot in here.

1565, why have you closed the thread which was made for all of the album revies to go into, it makes more senes than having a load of threads on the same topic.

Llamas
04-16-2006, 02:18 AM
that's what I was wondering. it was a thread for putting all the album reviews into. I wasn't whining that people should stop posting reviews. I was saying what LOTS of people on here were saying... I think the reviews are cool, and I like the discussion... it's just getting out of hand, that we have seperate threads for every person's opinion. Why can't all of them be housed in one thread?

Grabbal
04-16-2006, 07:25 AM
Pretty fly is not a 9 at all.... An overrated song :cool:

noodlesisalliwant
04-16-2006, 11:07 AM
I know it's been said before, but I gotta say End of the line is easily the best song on the whole album for me, and could even be one of my favourite all time offspring songs.

randman21
04-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Feelings is a parody, not a cover.

I don't see "Feelings" as a cover at all. I think of parodies as making fun of an original. The Offspring doesn't do that. They just change some lyrics (and, subsequently, the whole meaning of the song!). I think it's one of their more serious songs.:D

Lightyears
04-19-2006, 09:43 AM
With everyone bashing WDYGAJ, I guess I'm the only one who laughs their ass off every time they hear the way Dexter sings "Well I guess it aint easy doing nothing at alllll..."

/shrug.

randman21
04-19-2006, 10:22 AM
With everyone bashing WDYGAJ, I guess I'm the only one who laughs their ass off every time they hear the way Dexter sings "Well I guess it aint easy doing nothing at alllll..."

/shrug.

Lmao, no. I revel in that part! The following "Oh yeeeeah!" is a great capper to it.

Llamas
04-19-2006, 04:20 PM
I really like that song. it's actually the song that got me into the band. the lyrics are clever, and the music is creative. I don't know any other song ever that sounds like it. It's also great commentary on our culture in the US. it happens all the time, and people just live with it... living with bums who depend on them.

one_fine_day
04-19-2006, 05:15 PM
here's my quick review of it.

welcome - enough with the short album openers. they are getting old. 1/10

have you ever - great song, catchy, love the breakdown. although the chorus sounds very similar to dirty magic, which isn't nesseceraly a bad thing. 9/10

staring at the sun - very fun song. energetic, easy to enjoy. gets the audience moving when performed live. 8/10

pretty fly - very overrated, i dont like the fact that offspring is well-known for this song even though they don't usually sound like this. the song gets on my nerves after awhile, i basically dont like it. catchy chorus riff though. 4/10

kids aren't alright - great song, great lyrics, great solo, everything you want to hear. really gets the fans going. 9/10

feelings - its cool how they fucked around with this song and made it a cover.. nice guitar work, meh, i give it a 7/10

she's got issues - great singing, catchy tune, 7/10

walla walla - a very fun fast song, i like it. 7.5/10

end of the line - sounds like the typical offspring song, which is good, meh. not bad. 7/10

no brakes - filler. it's okay. 6/10

why dont u get a job - a fun and catchy tune, funny music video. its alright, but its not what they're best at. 6.5/10

Americana - amazing. end of case. 10/10

pay the man - love it. very good intro, i like how it moves from soft to heavy, great song all in general. 9.5/10

HeadAroundU
04-19-2006, 05:24 PM
she's got issues - a fun and catchy tune, funny music video. its alright, but its not what they're best at. 6.5/10

*Why don't you get a job

JohnnyNemesis
04-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't like these reviews in this thread. Why Don't You Get A Job? is a horribly annyong song, but that's just my opinion. The problem with these reviews is that they barely explain anything and are horribly written and spelled.

F@ BANKZ
04-19-2006, 06:15 PM
I think it was a pretty good review, although I'd probably score each song higher.
Well i would have too but i rated the songs in comparison to other songs on the album so people cold compare them better.

F@ BANKZ
04-19-2006, 06:16 PM
I disagreed with the review. and WDYGAJ was NOT a joke song.

end of the line deserves a much higher score. pretty fly should not be above americana, end of the line, staring at the sun, or tied with pay the man.
No not that the other 2 songs i was talking about

F@ BANKZ
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Pretty fly is not a 9 at all.... An overrated song :cool:
It's sill pretty dam good though

Llamas
04-19-2006, 06:32 PM
I don't like these reviews in this thread. Why Don't You Get A Job? is a horribly annyong song, but that's just my opinion. The problem with these reviews is that they barely explain anything and are horribly written and spelled.

they're nothing but a bunch of "I like this song! 9/10" and not enough "this is how I interpret the song, this is what I think it means, this is why I like or dislike the lyrics, this is why I like or dislike the music." That's what a review should be. Most of these reviews are awful.

BIG Nicky
04-19-2006, 07:00 PM
they're nothing but a bunch of "I like this song! 9/10" and not enough "this is how I interpret the song, this is what I think it means, this is why I like or dislike the lyrics, this is why I like or dislike the music." That's what a review should be. Most of these reviews are awful.
Just wait until mine, I won't post it on here though.

Ninty Man
04-19-2006, 07:06 PM
eeewww, You like Why Don't You Get A Job.

EWWWW, You have a different opinion of me

EWWWW ¬¬

Well, to the guy who made the review...

Are you conscious of what have you done... I mean, COME ON... STARING AT THE SUN 7, AND PRETTY FLY (which, I like, BTW) 9???

one_fine_day
04-19-2006, 07:13 PM
*Why don't you get a job

yeah my bad, ill change that

F@ BANKZ
04-20-2006, 01:52 AM
EWWWW, You have a different opinion of me

EWWWW ¬¬

Well, to the guy who made the review...

Are you conscious of what have you done... I mean, COME ON... STARING AT THE SUN 7, AND PRETTY FLY (which, I like, BTW) 9???
Well i only had a short while in the internet cafe so i had to make the review really fast so it's a very rushed review therefore it's abit different to what i would've put but not that much. I would have given these to half a mark less maybe and highered End Of The Line as i seem to be the only one who doesn't like it much. Pretty Fly is good though; over-rated, corney, but still good.

F@ BANKZ
04-20-2006, 01:55 AM

Yeah but we know what the songs mean, they're all pretty ovbious. And again i wold've done more only i ran out of money in the internet cafe i was in. If anyone is really pissed i can always edit it (very slightly) or re-write it.

Llamas
04-20-2006, 10:58 AM
wtf? you'd change your vote on a song just because other people like it? that's not a very good review.

why would you write a review if you didn't have any time? that's really dumb.

We don't know what the songs mean to various listeners. songs never mean the same thing to everyone.

randman21
05-03-2006, 07:39 AM
I would say pay the man is the best song on the album. Forget patience too. The song is good from start to finish.

^Incredibly smart person! It doesn't seem like the eight minutes that it is.