12-12-2004, 04:09 PM
in ROnWelty Records , sa :D

Hysteria
12-12-2004, 04:12 PM
That would be controversial. =)

The Disclaimer
12-12-2004, 08:32 PM
order of preference

nitro (best, all freedom he needs to write)
epitaph (still a lot of fredom, not when it comes to selling but when it comes to writin and producing)
columbia (fuck this option)

jesusofsuburbia3
12-12-2004, 11:00 PM
id think either columbia or nitro, i think epitaph is slowly turning into an emo record company, did anyone get the latest punk-o-rama? it sucked ass. im hoping for nitro.

code_blue
12-12-2004, 11:56 PM
i think offspring are signed to columbia for at least three or four more records..

they probably need to stay on a major label so that they're able to get proper distribution, promotion, etc. but sony proved with splinter's lack of promotion that they really don't care about the offspring (although this may have at least partially been the band's own doing), so it would be nice if offspring were shown a little more love by their label..

brendan o'brien should not return for a third production credit. he's produced the past two albums, and we all know that they've been the offspring's biggest commercial failures since they got big. they need to get someone like jerry finn or butch vig or that other dude whose name escapes me -- it begins with an r ...

Kitten
12-13-2004, 02:25 AM
Rob Cavello? I don't think he would be bad.

T-6005
12-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Columbia/Sony

extraordinarygoodgrocer
12-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Columbia/Sony, I think.

Lars
12-13-2004, 04:54 PM
or that other dude whose name escapes me -- it begins with an r ...

Ross Robinson?

Jake
12-13-2004, 06:15 PM
i think offspring are signed to columbia for at least three or four more records..

they probably need to stay on a major label so that they're able to get proper distribution, promotion, etc. but sony proved with splinter's lack of promotion that they really don't care about the offspring (although this may have at least partially been the band's own doing), so it would be nice if offspring were shown a little more love by their label..
Yes i beleive that they are still signed for a few more!

Eccentric Sara
12-13-2004, 06:24 PM
id think either columbia or nitro, i think epitaph is slowly turning into an emo record company, did anyone get the latest punk-o-rama? it sucked ass. im hoping for nitro.I don't have the latest Punk-O-Rama,but I have Punk-O-Rama 8,and that has a lot of crappy songs on it!!!!! There are even a couple of rap groups signed to Epitaph now!!! Jeez,I hate it when punk and hip-hop are grouped together when they are so obviously unrelated!!!! Pure annoyance. :-/

willferno
12-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Sony/Columbia but I think it would be their last record with the label... and then they're gonna get out a big last album on nitro... it would be so cool

Radi0_havana52
12-13-2004, 06:45 PM
I don't have the latest Punk-O-Rama,but I have Punk-O-Rama 8,and that has a lot of crappy songs on it!!!!! There are even a couple of rap groups signed to Epitaph now!!! Jeez,I hate it when punk and hip-hop are grouped together when they are so obviously unrelated!!!! Pure annoyance. :-/
damn was that a waste of ten dollars i sold that cd in 2 days i think. i sold it for 15 dollars. so i made 5 dollars :D

Lars
12-13-2004, 06:49 PM
I thought punk o ramas were supposed to be dirt cheap (or was that some other comp?)

I really doubt an offspring release (besides the current S/T) happening on Nitro. I don't forsee them going to Epitaph either. So it'll either stay with Sony (and any choice of it's other record label brands, Columbia/Epic) or some other major label.

Eccentric Sara
12-13-2004, 07:04 PM
damn was that a waste of ten dollars i sold that cd in 2 days i think. i sold it for 15 dollars. so i made 5 dollars :DYeah,it was a waste of money. I think it cost 7 or 8 pounds,which is quite cheap for an album. That's the last time I buy a compilation though!!!! Hmmmppphhh!!!! :-/

Radi0_havana52
12-13-2004, 07:05 PM
I thought punk o ramas were supposed to be dirt cheap (or was that some other comp?)

thats the give em the boot comp on hellcat records

i think they should put out there next album on nitro

Jojan
12-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Birdnest or Beatbutchers
(only swedish people will probobly understand what I mean)

Lithuanian Offspring
12-14-2004, 02:48 AM

brendan o'brien should not return for a third production credit. he's produced the past two albums, and we all know that they've been the offspring's biggest commercial failures since they got big. they need to get someone like jerry finn or butch vig or that other dude whose name escapes me -- it begins with an r ...
BUTCH VIG! You are all wittnesses. I said that Butch Vig will produce the next Offspring album. But Thom Wilson would be awesome.

StayInTheHouseCarl
12-14-2004, 07:39 AM

theres NO WAY they would go back to epitaph, after what happened post-Smash. i think they should ditch columbia and tool around with nitro, because certainly nitro would strengthen from it. as for producing, two words : warren fitzgerald.

RobinoZombie
12-14-2004, 08:56 AM
dont know...hope that he wont give it to much of a green day sound in that case...
and what ive read i think that splinter was the last record on the contract back in 96/97 not sure though