PDA

View Full Version : English reader

omaltiger
04-16-2006, 05:14 AM
I'm ESL boy.
Give me some English readers,please.

E-mail to me : omaltiger@yahoo.com.cn ,Thank's.

the_GoDdEsS
04-16-2006, 05:27 AM
English readers? Specify, please.

Rocky-girl
04-16-2006, 05:31 AM
Maybe you'll like this?books (http://www.questia.com)

omaltiger
04-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Yes,that's all. Thank you the_GoDdEsS and Rocky-girl.
Can you help me for learning English?

the_GoDdEsS
04-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Sure, what's your native language?

XYlophonetreeZ
04-16-2006, 05:48 PM
So, Two-Posts Jones, why the Offspring message boards? Ain't there some ESL board you can go invade?

omaltiger
04-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Chinese is my native language.
Welcome to China,everybody.
Now,China is a beautiful country.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-16-2006, 07:32 PM
The best way for you to learn is to just read other people's English. That worked for Sim and Sanni, right?

the_GoDdEsS
04-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Dave, yes.

So, Two-Posts Jones, why the Offspring message boards? Ain't there some ESL board you can go invade?

I have to argue against you because this is the best place this person could have chosen. I'm not sure in how far this is profitable to us. But let's put that aside. From a purely objective point of view, the best way to learn a language is in natural environment.

And especially with ESL, it's not relly learning, it's acquisition. This is natural environment. We offer simple conversation, a variety of topics, rather easy texts to read. For many of us, for whom English is a second or a foreign language, this was a marvellous opportunity to read in English. Reading is not just a matter of reading comprehension, you subconsciously acquire language forms, word order and a feeling for the language.

Hell, six years ago my English was raw, simple. My word order was totally insecure and I probably just used present simple, present progressive, past simple and future with will. In all those years through reading this forum, reading English books and talking to natives online, I've acquired a feeling for so many new adverbs that helped make my written performance sound better, adjectives, or a certainty for putting words in the right order. And I'm still learning. It's great, better than any ESL or EFL site you go to.

Rocky-girl
04-17-2006, 03:21 AM
^ this is how I study.
It isn't interesting to sit with your copybook and try to learn all that you've writtren in 2 hours. And if you ever learn it you won't be able to say in English all that you want to say. It's hard to express all that you feel in foreign language. You must have a good vocabluary if you want to talk. Here I find many of them:)

the_GoDdEsS
04-17-2006, 03:30 AM
Picking up a language naturally is 100% better and more successful than studying it over books. I never learnt any language from just books.

the_GoDdEsS
04-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Also, you said Chinese is you native language. If you call English your second language, does it mean you moved to an English speaking country now? There's a major difference between ESL and EFL.

Rocky-girl
04-17-2006, 03:41 AM
TO teach English online? interesting but I think hard.

the_GoDdEsS
04-17-2006, 03:44 AM
To teach English online? Oh, there are virtual classrooms.

Rocky-girl
04-17-2006, 03:49 AM
Really? I prefer usial methods of teaching.

the_GoDdEsS
04-17-2006, 03:50 AM
Yep, it's offered as a product via some international language schools.

Rocky-girl
04-17-2006, 03:54 AM
Interesting can I study Math in this way????
Can you write me something in Slovac I'll try to read and translate?

Rocky-girl
04-17-2006, 04:08 AM
Do you really think that all emotions can be shown here?

the_GoDdEsS
04-17-2006, 04:09 AM
No, but I think this provides immediate connection. A book won't answer you. Over here, you get many more reactions to what people write and to what you write.

omaltiger
04-17-2006, 05:13 AM
Besides the advantages afore-mentioned, this forum has one asset: it all sounds more or less like a game. Our young (or not) Chinese friend will find the experience of learning pleasurable, while with books the task is long, dry & arduous.

In here he'll learn thru emotions, (humour, anger etc), so his affectivity will be touched. In books it seldom is, unless you grow a real fondness for the characters in the set-dialogues.

Thank's a lot,everybody,this's my mind.

the_GoDdEsS
04-17-2006, 05:24 AM
So, tell us a little about yourself.

omaltiger
04-17-2006, 06:52 AM
So, tell us a little about yourself.

I'm Chinese man(usually call me 'boy'),a computer engineer.

I like sports,music,games,KTV,drink with friends,go for a drive with my GF,
digital product(for example:PDA,DC,DV,PDA mobile phone),and so on.

about sports, Welcome to BeiJing of China in 2008.

omaltiger
04-17-2006, 07:32 AM
Glad to see we're of a mind. No worries, by the look of it you'll find learning English the easiest thing, far easier than you'd think. You'll learn without realizing you do.

May I add that the difficulty of learning Chinese seems to me (I'm French) insurmountable?

French!! Aha,I feel French very romantic. There are Alain Delon and so on,I very like them.

French and English spelt by letters,but Chinese spelt by 'Draw',so Chinese is difficulty to West people.

Nounou
04-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Yes I'm unfortunately french too and this board is a good way to practise english and thus you can meet people of everywhere in the world I speak english and spanish but I'd like to speak chinese although it seems really hard to learn :)

Nounou
04-25-2006, 03:42 PM
Jean Réno ptain l'est belle l'image de la France :D

Well I know english, spanish (and galician a little bit), a little of german (studying it 6 years and ... almost nothing lol), french of course and I'm gonna learn russian next year :)

Is greek hard to learn ?

Nounou
04-25-2006, 04:11 PM
t'es d'où en france en fait ? à la limite on va ptet continuer en MP (ou msn ?) pcq les amerloques ils vont gueuler si on continue en français (dès qu'ils comprenent pas c'est wtf et ils chialent :D (et c'est comme trop con de parler anglais entre nous :))