PDA

View Full Version : DUI by Green Day???

Marco
04-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Read this:

InfoShenanigans
Release Date: July 2, 2002 rmation & Notes:
Released by Reprise Records. All lyrics by Billie Joe except Outsider, which is a Ramones' cover, Ha Ha You're Dead, written by Mike Dirnt, and Scumbag, written by Mike Dirnt and Billie Joe. The song DUI, by Tre Cool was supposed to appear on Shenanigans. The track was scratched, and was said to be planned to be released only on the Japanese verison of Shenanigans. The Japanese verison was released, minus DUI. The CD inlay for the regular Shenanigans has D.U.I. on the inside, but it is spray painted out. Produced by Rob Cavallo and Green Day.
Is that another DUI or what????
for the link go here: [URL=http://www.greenday.net/discography.html[/URL]

Jakebert
04-16-2006, 09:50 AM
It sounds nothing like the Offspring song and it's a completely different song.

*waits for stupid people to call Green Day stupid for ripping off the Offspring*

Marco
04-16-2006, 09:51 AM
P.S. If it is, it'll never be great as Noodles' one!!!!!!!!!!!

Marco
How's the song?

0r4ng3
Yeah, it's a very stupid song. I heard it a while ago. Good thing they never released it on an album.

Jakebert
04-16-2006, 09:55 AM
It's a weird marachi song. It was just a dumb song they did in the studio for fun, which is why they only released it as a b-side. Tre does vocals.

Marco
04-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Ok thanks..........

noodlesisalliwant
04-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah i never liked that song, was pretty crap. I mean I like Tre and All but c'mon dominated love slave and like a rat were way better in my opinion.

Jakebert
04-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Yeah, but that's the reasons they released it as a b-side. They don't put joke songs on albums anymore. They did it twice, and one of the them was a hidden track so it didn't waste space on the rest of the album.

Some bands should take a lesson from that..

Emily_offspring_fan
04-16-2006, 11:02 AM
It's other song. I have never listened to DUI by Green Day...ah, wait... I have it! I remember! I downloaded all Green Day discography the other day.

Corpse
04-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah, but that's the reasons they released it as a b-side. They don't put joke songs on albums anymore. They did it twice, and one of the them was a hidden track so it didn't waste space on the rest of the album.

Some bands should take a lesson from that..

You're not talking about the Offspring at the end are you? :p

Marco
04-17-2006, 12:38 AM
I hope he's not.............Offspring joke songs are cool