PDA

View Full Version : My Band!!!

no_way
04-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey how are you? well i've got a band that's called SOS, and we got to make a demo like 2 weeks ago and well, here it finally is!!!

http://www.putfile.com/euge_sos

please please tell me what you think

it's in spanish but the music is what counts

oja
04-16-2006, 04:58 PM
che eso es un cover de la cancion de daniela herrero

no te faltaria aclarar eso o pensaste que nose daria cuante nadie?

hey everybody, the song is not hers, is a cover from an argentinian artist!

asi esta mejor

Sin Studly
04-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Your band sucks.

no_way
04-17-2006, 05:04 PM
oh come on i mean it is not rock punk music but if you only like that you're just close-minded

anyway, good musicians do not only listen to one style of music, but lots of 'em, but may be you're not a musician and you can't apreciate it. it's ok though, i respect your opinion

T-6005
04-17-2006, 05:28 PM
The question is - is it originally your song?

Conspiracy of One
04-17-2006, 05:29 PM
The answer - read his username.

Zero
04-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Can we get the english lyrics please? Or at least something other than spanish...I don't speak spanish.

T-6005
04-17-2006, 06:16 PM
no, it's daniel herrero can't you read abuv? it's a cover song, the guy is argentine
I hadn't read the Spanish part.

Sin Studly
04-18-2006, 08:00 AM
oh come on i mean it is not rock punk music but if you only like that you're just close-minded. anyway, good musicians do not only listen to one style of music, but lots of 'em, but may be you're not a musician and you can't apreciate it. it's ok though, i respect your opinion

I listen to many many types of music. From classical, to death metal, to hip-hop, to country. From Serbian tangos to Russian waltzes to Irish rebel songs. I can appreciate beauty in all forms of music.

Your band, however, sucks.

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 09:33 AM
ignore this asshole^^^^^^ it's ok not my kinda music but its good

Vera
04-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Justin, please be more specific and constructive in your criticism. Otherwise it's of no use, will be considered flaming and will be deleted.

no_way
04-18-2006, 11:35 AM
i can't thank you enough to all the ones who said good things about it (i don't mean i only wanna hear good reviews, but at least do sth constructive 4 godssake!!) anyway thankyou very much and sin studly, fuck you

T-6005
04-18-2006, 11:37 AM
sin studly, fuck you
Probably the most overused phrase in the history of this BBS.

no_way
04-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Can we get the english lyrics please? Or at least something other than spanish...I don't speak spanish.

this ain't about language just enjoy the band's sound if you like it, iff you don't, then make a constructive critic or go away (no offenses)

Zero
04-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Well I thought it was nice. The singer was very good. Some parts seemed a little sloppy but that will go away with practice (I hope :P)

I just wanted the lyrics because I like to understand a song. What's being said is important to me. If you can't get them it's okay. I give this song 6.7 out of 10.

JoY
04-18-2006, 03:20 PM
oh come on i mean it is not rock punk music but if you only like that you're just close-minded

anyway, good musicians do not only listen to one style of music, but lots of 'em, but may be you're not a musician and you can't apreciate it. it's ok though, i respect your opinion
*giggles* it doesn't seem to me you respect his opinion. you just presumed he's closed minded, not a musician, not a good musician & doesn't listen to different types of music.

I agree with Sanni that criticism should be constructive. every time someone picks up the nerves to post music of their own, they show a piece of themselves & thus put their ass on the line. the least you can do is handle that with a little respect. of course they should be prepared for positive, but also negative reactions, but without any argumentation to back up your opinion, the entire feedback is useless & therefore worthless.

no_way
04-18-2006, 04:31 PM
*giggles* it doesn't seem to me you respect his opinion. you just presumed he's closed minded, not a musician, not a good musician & doesn't listen to different types of music..

he didn't gave me a good-bad critic, he said "your band sucks" and i took it the best way possible. if it's bad but he says something more (like why doesn't he like it) then i'll be able to give him a good answer

of course they should be prepared for positive, but also negative reactions.

i am that's why i posted here besides i think my answer was good if you compare it with sin sth's critic

no_way
04-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Well I thought it was nice. The singer was very good. Some parts seemed a little sloppy but that will go away with practice (I hope :P)

I just wanted the lyrics because I like to understand a song. What's being said is important to me. If you can't get them it's okay. I give this song 6.7 out of 10.

ok i'll get em as soon as i find them
thank you for your good critic!

JoY
04-18-2006, 04:39 PM
he didn't gave me a good-bad critic, he said "your band sucks" and i took it the best way possible. if it's bad but he says something more (like why doesn't he like it) then i'll be able to give him a good answer

i am that's why i posted here besides i think my answer was good if you compare it with sin sth's critic
there will always be people that tell you their opinion without giving their exact reasons. if he would've said "your band rules" it would've been pretty much just as argumentless & mindless, but I'm certain that in that case you wouldn't have bothered or minded & probably even would have thanked him.

I wasn't necessarily talking to you, just in general. it's fine, don't sweat, there's nothing wrong.

no_way
04-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Ooh, what will you be doing?
Haven’t heard about you
A long time ago, and I’m sorry
Hey, call me up some day
Tell me all that nice things
Used to love it when you did that stuff
And when I listen to some of our songs
I don’t see written all the solutions
I see the feelings of us, the authors
It is our sorrow
It is our sorrow…

I just seem to hear every one of our songs
It’s just our treasure in the top of the sun
Keepers of the silence
Wetting up your memory
I just seem to hear every one of your songs
At like every hour at every day of my life
They come for a second
Wetting up your memory
Then going away…

Now, I am pretty sure
That you’re not such a tough guy
Cuz my throat has got your lump
Go, free and over worried
Getting to nowhere…
Running out of gas, and you know it
And though it hurts all the things they tell us
There are some happy times that cheer us up
Authors hearts souls in pain and destruction
They make our lives… they make our lives!!!

Keepers of the silence
Wetting up your memory
They come for a second
Wetting up your memory
Then going away…
Keepers of the silence
Wetting up your memory
They come for a second
Wetting up your memory
Then going away…
Later coming back…
Uuuh!!!

no_way
04-18-2006, 05:02 PM
there you go
the lyrics of the song
hope you enjoy it
anyway it is not my song

IT IS A COVER!!!!!!!

yeah, the lyrics may suck a bit

Zero
04-18-2006, 05:04 PM
I think the lyrics are good. Good Job. Covers are great! Huzzah for covers!

no_way
04-18-2006, 05:43 PM
there will always be people that tell you their opinion without giving their exact reasons. if he would've said "your band rules" it would've been pretty much just as argumentless & mindless, but I'm certain that in that case you wouldn't have bothered or minded & probably even would have thanked him.

I wasn't necessarily talking to you, just in general. it's fine, don't sweat, there's nothing wrong.

i know you talk in general, but ill reply anyway::

i know there will be people like that, but what can i do, do you want me to thank him for having told me that??? i don't know what you want me to say.. it's pretty obvious that my reaction would have been different if he'd said that my band rules, and besides i didn't insult him...

that's it, i hope you understand my position, if you don't then tell me the exact words you would have said if someone told you that everything you've been working on the last month, everything you thought about and you worried about just to get it right, sucks.

JoY
04-19-2006, 09:17 AM
I understand that feels like one hell of a low blow. but just ignore it. like I said; any criticism that's not backed up by any argumentation whatsoever is meaningless. don't be too quick to jump to your own defense & just shake it off, because it doesn't matter. if someone would either tell me "it's great!", or "it sucks", I'd probably ask them to explain, or something like that. don't let something as irrelevant get to you. things like "your band sucks" are more often said to get a reaction out of people, than that it's literally meant to slam down your entire creative creation.

no_way
04-19-2006, 09:43 AM
ok...thanks... for the---.. support :confused:

JoY
04-19-2006, 09:53 AM
*scratches head* I'm here... to.. help? :confused:

;p

no_way
04-19-2006, 10:00 AM
haha loved the scratches head thing... it was so LOL.... ... yeah...

Sin Studly
04-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Justin, please be more specific and constructive in your criticism. Otherwise it's of no use, will be considered flaming and will be deleted.

Okay. I'm sorry for just saying the band sucked and not pointing out why. I'll give it another try, and actually be specific and helpful, and constructive.

Your band sucks at making music. Apply for a job at Burger King.

JoY
04-19-2006, 10:05 AM
*laughs*

roight, I guess that's straightened out then!

oja
04-19-2006, 01:06 PM
great cover where did you record it?

no_way
04-19-2006, 01:39 PM
in a studio near my house ... solarium records

it was cool..

no_way
05-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Ok new acoustic song.

Name?: Por Que.

Translation: Why?

Plot: It talks about a girl that wants to kill her self.

Translation of lyrics?: HERE (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=814658#post814658)

Link to the music: RIGHT HERE (http://media.putfile.com/SOS---Por-Que)

Please only good comments :D

no_way
05-16-2006, 03:30 PM
fuck fuck fuck just fuckin' post motherfuckers!!!!!!!

bouncingcoles
05-16-2006, 04:38 PM
i didnt listen to your band because for some reason it didnt work but i found that dinosour video and it was funny as hell!

Vera
05-16-2006, 11:04 PM
fuck fuck fuck just fuckin' post motherfuckers!!!!!!!
Yeah, like that's going to help.

Don't bump if it hasn't even gone down to the second page. If people don't care then they don't care.

no_way
07-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Ok sorry... But now I really need to do it

**BUMP!!**

Marco
07-04-2006, 11:53 PM
I love the voice. :)

Mr. Orange
07-05-2006, 11:32 AM
You guys definitely have potential, especially considering how young you are. The only thing is, you need to start writing your own songs (I think those are covers right?) Good song writing comes before technical talent. Remember, a shitty song is a shitty song, no matter how well it's played.

NachoS_Ixnay
07-05-2006, 04:29 PM
You guys definitely have potential, especially considering how young you are. The only thing is, you need to start writing your own songs (I think those are covers right?) Good song writing comes before technical talent. Remember, a shitty song is a shitty song, no matter how well it's played.
The last song posted here ("por que?"/"why?") was composed by us (yeah, i'm a member of the band). We also have made others, about 3 more.

opivy21
07-05-2006, 04:38 PM
You sound professional, and I guess that's the sound that you're aiming for. Not my style, but I won't say anything bad even though I didn't enjoy it.

NachoS_Ixnay
07-05-2006, 04:56 PM
You sound professional, and I guess that's the sound that you're aiming for. Not my style, but I won't say anything bad even though I didn't enjoy it.
Sound professional? THANKS :D or I should say....LOL....

Mr. Orange
07-05-2006, 06:26 PM
The last song posted here ("por que?"/"why?") was composed by us (yeah, i'm a member of the band). We also have made others, about 3 more.
Well that's good. I'm impressed that you wrote that, and I'd like to hear the others, even though it's not really my style. By the way, what instrument do you play? And what does Euge play?

NachoS_Ixnay
07-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Well that's good. I'm impressed that you wrote that, and I'd like to hear the others, even though it's not really my style. By the way, what instrument do you play? And what does Euge play?
No_way plays the guitar.
The other memebers are Tom that plays the electric guitar, Jesica sings and Pablo plays the piano (this 3 are not in the forums)
I play the bass (in that song I didn't)........well, I don't have a bass, so I play the guitar, but it's supposed to be the bass of the band :)

no_way
07-06-2006, 12:07 PM
I posted a few song I wrote (in english) **Here they are** (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23806). We need to start writing more, and post up new things. But yeah, we do have some own songs I wrote with my best friend, who plays flute and sings.

And we will have the bass on July actually (Nachos' bday's present), then we can go to the record studio again.

Thank you all for the good comments!