PDA

View Full Version : Jay-Z Vs Linkin Park - Collision Course (Album)

the_offsprings_monkey
04-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Jay-Z Vs Linkin Park - Collision Course (Album
This album is the shizzle people, it only has 6 tracks but fuck me is it worth every penny. It mixs such songs as Linkin Park’s ‘Numb’, ‘In The End’ and ‘One Step Closer’ with Jay-Z’s ‘Big Pimpin’, ’99 Problems’ and ‘Izzo’. If you're interested in getting this album I believe Virgin Megastores are selling it for £5.99 at the moment (The UK only).

http://www.lpjz.com/

JohnnyNemesis
04-17-2006, 10:51 AM
I strongly disliked this album, and was quite upset to see someone I looked up to so much (Jay-Z) get involved with it. There was just very little sense of logic with the songs they threw together. In fact, that's exactly what happened: the songs were just thrown together, instead of being worked on to blend well.

The "Jigga What/Faint" track was phenomenal, but I hated everything else. Again, the songs just did not go well together.

That is just my opinion though.

By the way, if anyone is going to post with "zomg JAYZ is RAP and He SUXCORSZ!", don't. You're an idiot. Even if you hate Jay-Z, please explain maturely why you dislike this album.

All About Eve
04-17-2006, 11:25 AM
I actually liked a couple tracks of the cd, but I agree it wasn't blended well at all. On the other hand, I like Jay-Z pretty well now, mostly because of hearing him with Linkin Park.

killer_queen
04-17-2006, 11:33 AM
I've always hated the songs with a little rap, a little rock in it. I like Jay-Z and I definitely don't hate Linkin Park but this album had kinda annoying songs. You know, after getting used to Linkin Park's songs it drives me crazy to hear Jay Z's voice suddenly.

Andy
04-17-2006, 12:28 PM
I have no opinion, but felt strangely drawn to reply to this thread.

Lithuanian Offspring
04-17-2006, 12:47 PM
I strongly disliked this album, and was quite upset to see someone I looked up to so much (Jay-Z) get involved with it. There was just very little sense of logic with the songs they threw together. In fact, that's exactly what happened: the songs were just thrown together, instead of being worked on to blend well.

The "Jigga What/Faint" track was phenomenal, but I hated everything else. Again, the songs just did not go well together.

By the way, if anyone is going to post with "zomg JAYZ is RAP and He SUXCORSZ!", don't. You're an idiot. Even if you hate Jay-Z, please explain maturely why you dislike this album.

I agree, they should have atleast wrote new songs instead of factory producing the same old ones.

killer_queen
04-17-2006, 01:21 PM
I have no opinion, but felt strangely drawn to reply to this thread.
I don't know why but you are like, so cute.

Andy
04-17-2006, 02:23 PM
I know, it's a mystery to me sometimes as well.

All About Eve
04-17-2006, 05:45 PM
I must admit, if I were gay, I would so go for Andy.

Nood!es
04-17-2006, 05:48 PM
I liked a few of the songs on the cd. Jigga What/Faint was great. I also liked 99 Problems/One Step Closer and whatever the other song was. I havent listened to that cd since it came out, so my opinions might and probably have been changed since then. But then it was a great cd. And those are the only 2 tracks off the cd I remember.

Rag Doll
04-17-2006, 06:47 PM
I actually quite liked this cd, even though it was just thrown together. It made me remember how much I like Jay-Z.

coke_a_holic
04-17-2006, 07:33 PM
I didn't even bother listening to it, I can't stand listening to Linkin Park and don't really want to hear their tracks get remixed AGAIN. They need to stop feeding off of their past records and start writing new music as long as I don't have to listen to it.

Hux
04-18-2006, 04:54 AM
All of the songs are great, they each have their own style.

Camilamazed
04-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Now I know that a band can get worse than it already is. They so fucked up with themselves.

ruroken
04-18-2006, 03:41 PM

Dude... I was watching MTV one day and it came on and I was like "What the FUCK?? ...what is the point of THIS...?"

I don't particularly like Jay-Z too much. I don't really know why. The Blueprint just didnt really do much for me... =\

JohnnyNemesis
04-18-2006, 03:44 PM
The Blueprint just didnt really do much for me... =\

When I was younger, I thought the same thing. As I grew older though, and just learned more about hip hop, it really struck a chord with me. You should give it a chance in the future sometime!

ruroken
04-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Will do. =)

ignition991
04-18-2006, 07:52 PM
I think Chester needs to get some paper and a pen and start to write some new songs and material.

mrconeman
04-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Havent heard the entire album, but the two or three tracks I heard (Live videos on tv) seemed more musically towards Linkin Park's sound, and I honestly cant stand that band, I can see how some people would like these remixes, but I certaintly dont.
Jay-Z is quite listenable on his own, he shouldnt have got involved with such an inferior band.

ruroken
04-18-2006, 09:24 PM
/\ You know, they arent really "inferior". Its just that Chester sucks so much. Mike Shinoda, on the other hand, fucking rules. And that's why there is Fort Minor. Fort Minor should have dueted with Jay.

I think Chester needs to get some paper and a pen and start to write some new songs and material.
I KNOW. Shit. It's annoying. But Mike's doing Fort Minor and teaching Chester to rap... so... nothing good is going to come out. Ever again I guess.