PDA

View Full Version : Should offspringer24 stop whoring his band?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 08:53 AM
After a genial and polite PM session, offspringer24 tells me that I'm a twat for telling him to stop whoring his band. So I take it to the polls.

Should he stop?

www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers is the site that he keeps whoring.

Tizzalicious
04-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Now you're whoring it too.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Means to an end, Tizz. Means to an end.

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Ur A Fuckin Idiot

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Ur A Fuckin Idiot

That's not the issue, is it? The issue is that you should stop whoring your band, band whore.

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Plus Stop Sending Me Hate Mail Kid! Its Fuckin Annoying

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Hate mail? I believe I sent you a PM asking you to stop whoring your fucking band. I've asked you to stop on here before, it's not my fault it went to PM.

And I believe it was you that said:

COME ON KID YOU CANT LIVE FAR FROM WALSALL/WOLVERHAMPTON LETS FUCKIN GO FOR IT U FUCKIN FAGGOT

That_Guy91
04-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Ur A Fuckin Idiot
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22979&

mrconeman
04-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Yes, yes, his band whorage, should definatly come to an end. I remember he was whoring them trying to pass his singer off as a Dexter look alike, I mean, talk about desperate. Oh and ...

COME ON KID YOU CANT LIVE FAR FROM WALSALL/WOLVERHAMPTON LETS FUCKIN GO FOR IT U FUCKIN FAGGOT
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

wheelchairman
04-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Wow that was like, the worst band ever.

That_Guy91
04-18-2006, 09:13 AM
I remember he was whoring them trying to pass his singer off as a Dexter look alike
He looks more like Mark Hoppus than Dexter.

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnholyNightbringer
Stop whoring it. Seriously. It's retarded and it's annoying. Your band is shit. Sorry to break it to you but it is. It's lame and it's boring. And what's more, everyone knows it because of you plastering the link everywhere. Stop it.

^^^^ very mature pm, plus i'll do what i fucking like thanks and desperate to "whore" band? i dont think so were doin plenty well enough thanks i dont need kids like you fuckin beefing with me anyways
this thread is basically a "i hate offspringer24" thread and is a typical example of the sadness you bear with you from day to day so grow up and if you dont like my band stop fuckin listening for fuck sake and get a life and make a thread actually interesting, get a life
sad act!

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 09:18 AM
He looks more like Mark Hoppus than Dexter.

somebody else mentioned the dexter thing and my bassist put it on here, two of us share this screen name and email addy

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 09:20 AM
*flexes fingers*

^^^^ very mature pm,

More mature than "COME ON KID YOU CANT LIVE FAR FROM WALSALL/WOLVERHAMPTON LETS FUCKIN GO FOR IT U FUCKIN FAGGOT"?

dont think so were doin plenty well enough thanks i dont need kids like you fuckin beefing with me anyways

Then why are you plastering the link everywhere?

this thread is basically a "i hate offspringer24" thread

No it isn't. It's a "stop whoring your fucking band" thread.

and is a typical example of the sadness you bear with you from day to day

and if you dont like my band stop fuckin listening for fuck sake

I'm not. I listened to it once and it was boring. My problem is with you posting the link everywhere. And it's not just me, look at the poll.

get a life

JohnnyNemesis
04-18-2006, 09:25 AM
http://i3.tinypic.com/vs2szr.png

Expected, but still fucking HILARIOUS when viewed that way.

Nina
04-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Ur A Fuckin Idiot

For that ALONE I'm going to say yes.

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 09:28 AM
he is a fuckin idiot cant be helped

JohnnyNemesis
04-18-2006, 09:29 AM
offspringer24:

Please stop.

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 09:31 AM
close the fuckin "i hate offspringer24" thread then its lame

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Bitch, is you retarded?

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 09:40 AM
now, let me get this straight being able to close a thread or you have more than 10 cyber friends really makes you guy's think your really great and powerful. i come in here to catch up with genuine offspring fans, see whats going on and to plug my band! not to bitch and argue with assholes like you now get a life kiddies!

same goes here!

JohnnyNemesis
04-18-2006, 09:41 AM
close the fuckin "i hate offspringer24" thread then its lame

now, let me get this straight being able to close a thread or you have more than 10 cyber friends really makes you guy's think your really great and powerful. i come in here to catch up with genuine offspring fans, see whats going on and to plug my band! not to bitch and argue with assholes like you now get a life kiddies!

Now let me get this straight. You're asking us to close the "i hate offspringer24" thread, but then you go on to make fun of people who have the ability to close threads?

That makes...no sense.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 09:44 AM
It seems logic be foreign to it.

Lars
04-18-2006, 09:44 AM
i'll do what i fucking like thanks and desperate to "whore" band? i dont think so were doin plenty well enough thanks
I'm curious what this entails. I like to think I know a the 'scene' around the UK to an extent.

Also was there not some band called D-Tox a few years ago that won some scuzz competition to make a rathere poor cliched video?

Key word: Saturation, it can happen anywhere.

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 09:46 AM
dont kno if there was a band around a few yrs ago but its irrelative as weve been called d-tox for about 8yrs now

clokey43
04-18-2006, 09:57 AM
I wasnt bothered about his band whoring until i read the tread and his stupid replies. Now I have had to vote yes!

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 09:58 AM
another fan? i didnt start this thread isnt that even more lame?

Sin Studly
04-18-2006, 10:00 AM
You're an idiot.

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 10:02 AM
so your posting and messaging me exactly the same thing? why

clokey43
04-18-2006, 10:03 AM
No I don't beleive anything could be more lame than you are.

Sin Studly
04-18-2006, 10:03 AM
so your posting and messaging me exactly the same thing? why

Stop posting.

wheelchairman
04-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Would someone please translate what he is saying into English?

demon_slayer
04-18-2006, 10:12 AM
i wonder what dumb ass voted no?

stupid fucker

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 10:13 AM
yeah i wonder who did vote no? overwhelming huh?

Endymion
04-18-2006, 10:19 AM
this guy's band is to music what carrot top or carlos mencia are to comedy.

Nicole
04-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Over-advertising is not appealing.

T-6005
04-18-2006, 11:16 AM
So I gave it a listen. And god, this is almost as bad as the first songs I ever wrote.

All About Eve
04-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Wow that was like, the worst band ever.

He plays in the Offspring?

Nina
04-18-2006, 11:20 AM
buuuurrrrnnnn.

killer_queen
04-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I can't understand why do teenagers feel so proud of being in a band. Bands generally are just an annoying group of not talented people who play shitty songs with shitty instruments. What makes them think they become more important by being in a "band"? Being original?

That_Guy91
04-18-2006, 11:22 AM
He plays in the Offspring?
Oooohh, low blow.

Nina
04-18-2006, 11:23 AM
God, I could not agree more, killer_queen. Some people I know are in "bands" and ugh, whatev, dude. You look stupid trying to be cool.
Too many bands exist already. Do something new already.

T-6005
04-18-2006, 11:24 AM
I can't understand why do teenagers feel so proud of being in a band. Bands generally are just an annoying group of not talented people who play shitty songs with shitty instruments. What makes them think they become more important by being in a "band"? Being original?
It's a lot of fun. Being in a band that people take overly seriously is the problem. Or one that plays shitty music. Or say, where someone whores the band out mercilessly, even when you suck.

Nina
Most wannabe bands play shitty music. period.

All About Eve
To be fair, it's okay if they suck and play shitty music, as long as they don't brag about it constantly and whore themselves.

notoriousdoc
04-18-2006, 12:34 PM
The band is pathetic.

The singer is trying to pass of an awful, whiney pop- punk accent instead of his own (I fucking hope) which should be punishable by death.

Andy
04-18-2006, 12:38 PM
I vote yes. I vote for the simple reason that I can't stand people plugging their band unless they are good, and proven to be. I could easily whore my band about the place like some kind of audio pimp, but I chose not. Well, until our EP is fully finished anyway.

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 12:44 PM
wow im sooooooo unpopular!
i had no idea i shouldnt even be alive :eek:

Nina
04-18-2006, 12:45 PM
If you dont understand sarcasm nor irony, you shouldnt be trying to use it. It makes you come off as extremly dumb.

offspringer24
04-18-2006, 12:53 PM
If you dont understand sarcasm nor irony, you shouldnt be trying to use it. It makes you come off as extremly dumb.

another nice comment thanks

coke_a_holic
04-18-2006, 12:57 PM
I (guitar player for holzfutter, who has a purevolume at www.purevolume.com/holzfutter) think he should stop. But while he's stopping, he should go to www.purevolume.com/holzfutter and www.purevolume.com/holzfutter www.purevolume.com/holzfutter www.purevolume.com/holzfutter shut the www.purevolume.com/holzfutter fuck up.

EDIT: Don't tell me how much we (www.purevolume.com/holzfutter) suck, I know that we do and I honestly don't care because I had fun writing shitty music (which can be heard at www.purevolume.com/holzfutter).

EDIT 2: www.purevolume.com/holzfutter

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 01:03 PM
offspringer, you lose.

the_GoDdEsS
04-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Hahahahaha, 29:1.

Nina
04-18-2006, 01:05 PM
I think I love the cokeguy a little.

coke_a_holic
04-18-2006, 01:07 PM
I think I love the cokeguy a little.
*tips hat*

(PS: www.purevolume.com/holzfutter)

0r4ng3
04-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Hey, Mike, are you in a band?

Vera
04-18-2006, 02:50 PM
I voted "yes".

We have Your Band for a reason but we also have rules there for a reason. If you whore your band, your band becomes a slut. People like sluts, but only if they're good in bed. In other words, it's good to get the word out there but if you do it excessively, it just becomes cheap and people will stop giving a crap, even if your stuff is actually good.

There are certain okay ways to self-whore while still contributing to the board in a valuable way and if you can't grasp any of those, you deserve to get your band-whoring deleted.

no_way
04-18-2006, 02:53 PM
may be you do not understand but it's ok,
writing songs, being on a band if you are a musician is like a wonderful thing
and it's ok if he whores it, I'd do that too. maybehe does it cuz he doesn't get enough encouragement with people who surround him (i'm going threw the same) i mean i don't know him, but if you have the talent and were born for that, music can take you out of all your pressure, so i'd have to vote for a NO, and i know this will make people call me idiot or stuff like that but i don't care, sometimes i'll have to make it on my own. and you go offspringer24!!

you're idiots stop defending the one who made this thread, offspringer24 didn't do anything to bother you (not on purpose) or didn't insult you or sth like it

All About Eve
04-18-2006, 02:54 PM
I thought you said your band broke up, Mike?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 02:56 PM
may be you do not understand but it's ok,
writing songs, being on a band if you are a musician is like a wonderful thing
and it's ok if he whores it, I'd do that too. maybehe does it cuz he doesn't get enough encouragement with people who surround him (i'm going threw the same) i mean i don't know him, but if you have the talent and were born for that, music can take you out of all your pressure, so i'd have to vote for a NO, and i know this will make people call me idiot or stuff like that but i don't care, sometimes i'll have to make it on my own. and you go offspringer24!!

you're idiots stop defending the one who made this thread, offspringer24 didn't do anything to bother you (not on purpose) or didn't insult you or sth like it

No, he didn't do anything directly. But he's been told multiple times to stop whoring his band and he's just carried on. And anyway, if he's doing soooo awesome and we're all sooooo pathetic as he says, why does he need to whore his band here? And in ALL the wrong forums?

Vera
04-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Being in a band - okay.
Playing shitty music - okay.
Posting a topic about one's band in Your Band - okay.
Mentioning own band in other posts on the BBS - okay.
Mentioning own band needlessly and obviously trying to fish for attention and compliments to own music - annoying.
Mentioning own band needlessly in nearly every friggin' post - annoying.

no_way, I'm sorry but you have to draw the line somewhere. There are a lot of other bands out there struggling to gain listeners and fans. Why can't they all shamelessly self-whore? If you give permission for one guy to do it, then we should all be free to do it, and soon we'd have nothing more than annoying plug posts crowding every single topic on this board.

And that? Just isn't fair.

And we want to be fair - we meaning me and JoY, the mods of Your Band, and the moderators in general (to a certain extent). If you whore your band, you're
a) making yourself look stupid and
b) making your position unequal compared to other people.

So the basic rules are: post one topic about your band. Don't bump unnecessarily. Don't whore. It's quite simple. Nobody whores, everyone is equal.

If nothing else, link the topic of your band or your myspace profile or something in your signature. There are okay ways to whore your band but what I've seen offspringer24 do has not been any of those.

coke_a_holic
04-18-2006, 03:02 PM
AAE: I prefer the term "on hiatus." COME BACK TOUUURRRR!

JoY
04-18-2006, 03:16 PM
I've so had it with this discussion, apologies, trying to be reasonable & friendly, explanations, excuses & horsecrap English. I've even dedicated a sticky to this whole whoring-situation. I'm seriously going to walk away from this shit, having voted of course, & leave you with all the wise things Sanni (that's Vera for you, offspringer24) said.

no_way
04-18-2006, 05:18 PM
right.... i'm sorry but i disagree with you vera. what is it with whoring your band is it a crime now? it might be pathetica for some of you but if you think that way... well think that way but you can't be upset and make a thread out of it like that. and i think this is mean and stupid.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Whoring your band IS a problem. If we allowed it they'd be everywhere. I don't see the problem with making one thread out of it, and maybe putting a link in your signature. People will see it.

JoY
04-18-2006, 05:21 PM
right.... i'm sorry but i disagree with you vera. what is it with whoring your band is it a crime now? it might be pathetica for some of you but if you think that way... well think that way but you can't be upset and make a thread out of it like that. and i think this is mean and stupid.
EVERYONE wants attention for their band. everyone. like Dave said (TUNB); if we'd let every person whore their band without limits, this board would become an absolute hellhole. there's a forumsection for these things for a perfectly good reason & even THEN, use it for the right purposes & don't make advantage of all the options we have on this board.

platinumpt
04-18-2006, 06:43 PM
You're just feeding his needs for attention by creating these threads. Anyway, he isn't so much annoying as he used to be anymore. No one's obliged to follow the link on his signature. Besides, he's not the only one on the foruns with a link to his band (or his music) on the signature. What's so wrong with that? :confused:

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 06:48 PM
You've missed the point. Not only does he have a link, he points to it at every opportunity and spams Your Band.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Well that's a fantastic idea. Let's let everyone do whatever they want.

EDIT: Aha, Duracell. Not surprised you're all for the spammer.

T-6005
04-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Yes, Duracell - tru punx 4 anarky to the hilt.

mrconeman
04-18-2006, 09:00 PM
42...Now that truely is wonderfull.

platinumpt
04-19-2006, 01:11 AM
You've missed the point. Not only does he have a link, he points to it at every opportunity and spams Your Band.
Oh okay maybe you're right, I skip "Your Band" completely. :o

But I still stick to my first statement...

Vera
04-19-2006, 01:25 AM
I skip "Your Band" completely.
BLASPHEMY!!! :mad:

In the end, what will bring your band respect and listeners among this board is if you stick to the rules and respect them, and work on what *really* counts - the music. Self-improvement leads to better things. Etc.

platinumpt
04-19-2006, 04:17 AM
Of course, you're totally right (this includes my blasphemy *shame on me :( * and the rules and self-improvement talk).

I just don't think he spams that much in general chat (well, not as he used to spam before!), and hence my previous post, with my opinion regarding the subject, that's all.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-19-2006, 04:39 AM
Nobody's saying he's spamming General Chat. We mean the forums in general. And obviously it's quite an overwhelming majority that find it annoying and thinks he should stop.

offspringer24
04-19-2006, 06:53 AM
martyr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your band should give it up, you guys blow something major. Have you ever considered suicide?

just one of the amazing amount of juvenile messages im getting

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Perhaps you wouldn't recieve them if you didn't WHORE YOUR FUCKING BAND.

Don't make us the bad guys here.

offspringer24
04-19-2006, 08:00 AM
drop dead you fuckin little sad pathetic wanker

Nina
04-19-2006, 08:03 AM
You have 200 posts now, only from arguing with us.
Arent you tired yet? Maybe YOU should drop it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-19-2006, 08:04 AM
drop dead you fuckin little sad pathetic wanker

Such anger. Does realising your own worthlessness hurt?

offspringer24
04-19-2006, 08:04 AM
i didnt open this thread an "i hate offspringer24" thread is very pointless,nasty,mean and childish
so end it

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-19-2006, 08:06 AM
You can't read. Congratulations!

Do you write in crayon?

Jalle
04-19-2006, 08:07 AM
sooo!!! are you all kidding???

why dont you simply delete his username or his posts??

it nerves when you are all posting: no boy, dont do that...!

and what is he thinkin? yeeeah doesnt matter it's just a chat, what will they do?

do you think believe do you, it get ahead thereby?

It's ridiculously and childy!!

omg thats so gratuitous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nina
04-19-2006, 08:10 AM
It NERVES??!!?!

HAHAHHAA you are so cute! Oh man, that seriously *was* cute.
You cant say that in English, Jalle.

Jalle
04-19-2006, 08:12 AM
It NERVES??!!?!

HAHAHHAA you are so cute! Oh man, that seriously *was* cute.
You cant say that in English, Jalle.

ts..what should i say if i'm not able to speak that language..i'm not that intelligent like you! I'm sorry...

Nina
04-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Seriously, no need to be sorry. I wasnt making fun of you in the least bit. I thought it was VERY cute. :]
Just say that "it gets on your nerves".

Harnum
04-19-2006, 08:20 AM
www.purevolume.com/holzfutter
Jimmy, Jimmy Radical! Where do you people come up with this! priceless... just freakin priceless... i love it! :p