PDA

View Full Version : This is really starting to bother me...

Mota Boy
04-18-2006, 12:48 PM
As I was walking back to my dorm room, a song got stuck in my head. I went through iTunes seeing if I could identify it, but to no avail. Lately I've begun to suspect it might've been something of Big Pun's, perhaps an unreleased collaboration with some group, but I can't remember who.

I want to say that the title is "Sightlines", but Google is coming up comepletely empty. It starts out with swelling horns, and I think the brass section is constant throughout the chorus, if not the whole song. The chorus, as I remember it, is rapped by a group and goes something like "You know what we have here, *something* same style as last year/ step up the mic, that's right, we write rhymes, we fight crime(OK, I know that last part is definitely wrong, but it fits the rhyme scheme), you better stay outta the sightline"

And damn it, I know I've heard it. I know it exists, and I know it's a damn catchy song, but for the life of me I can't find anything about it.

Mota Boy
04-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Ahhhh, I finally found it. "Sightlines" by Dujeous. Highly recommended.

And I realized the other song I was thinking of was "Off the Books" by Big Pun and the Beatnuts. Also pretty good.

JohnnyNemesis
04-22-2006, 09:16 PM
I always loves me some Big Pun. He grew up about six blocks or so from my home. "Yeahhh Baby!" is such an awesome album too.