PDA

View Full Version : do threads get deleted

offspringer24
04-19-2006, 08:51 AM
i put a thread on "other bands" a while ago about dog eat dog and "where are they now" kinda thing and i cant find it to bump, do they get deleted or fall off the face of the earth after a while
please please dont think im "whoring" dog eat dog it's a genuine question?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-19-2006, 08:54 AM
They stay on the page for a while and eventually go into the archives. If you posted it..

1) Click on your username and go to your profile.
2) Click "find all threads started by offspringer24"
3) Look for it on there.

If it's not there it's been deleted by the mods.

JohnnyNemesis
04-19-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure, but I believe really really old threads get deleted after times of inactivity. I doubt it though, but that is how it works at other boards. How old was this thread?

Did you search for it using the search button? Are you sure it wasn't locked instead? If I have time later, I might search and see if me or wheelchairman may have deleted it or something, and let you know why.

For future reference, this thread might belong in "Offspring.com Talk". We often use that place as a feedback forum. Or, you could send a PM to one of the moderators of any particular forum you have a question about, as long as you state your questions clearly.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure, but I believe really really old threads get deleted after times of inactivity. I doubt it though, but that is how it works at other boards. How old was this thread?

Nah, all threads go into the archive after a set amount of time, though I don't know how long that is. The archive link is right at the bottom of every page.

Tizzalicious
04-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I don't think anything has been deleted by being old so far. So if it's not there, it was probably be deleted by one of the powerhungry mods from the Other Bands forum.

JohnnyNemesis
04-19-2006, 08:59 AM
it was probably be deleted by one of the powerhungry mods from the Other Bands forum.

SLANDER!!! :eek:

offspringer24
04-19-2006, 09:10 AM
They stay on the page for a while and eventually go into the archives. If you posted it..

1) Click on your username and go to your profile.
2) Click "find all threads started by offspringer24"
3) Look for it on there.

If it's not there it's been deleted by the mods.

i found it "eventually" cheers