PDA

View Full Version : Ratm

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Does anyone like Rage against the machine?they have killer riffs and are so riot inspiring!

offspring fan
04-20-2006, 08:53 AM
thay are my 2nd favorite band.... thats why i allredy have a thread about them
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16670

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-20-2006, 12:31 PM
they are awesome

Mr. Noodles
04-20-2006, 12:34 PM
they are awesome
Agreed.
TEN CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!

WebDudette
04-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Amazing band but next time use the "Search Button".

Endymion
04-20-2006, 12:41 PM
i fucking dare you to start a riot to RATM.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-20-2006, 12:53 PM
i dont see why i cant....on grand theft auto....but in england we dont get shot for looting

XYlophonetreeZ
04-20-2006, 05:05 PM
i dont see why i cant....on grand theft auto...
Hahaha, I LOVE IT!!!

mrconeman
04-20-2006, 06:00 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1691
ftw.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-21-2006, 05:24 AM
Hahaha, I LOVE IT!!!

it is a great game-i love trying to crash into police helicopters...and getting prostitutes in my car and driving into the sea

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-21-2006, 05:30 AM
also if this is a ratm thread-what does everyone think of audioslave?

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-21-2006, 01:51 PM
la la la back on new posts la la la-does anyone like audioslave?they are like RATM but you dont get the vibe you get from rage songs

SeX_PiStOlS_69
04-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeh the last riot we had was when the Irsh center got closed early!!!!
Good old irish roudiness.

killer_queen
04-24-2006, 12:36 PM
I like Wake Up. That's all.

WebDudette
04-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Who said anything about Audioslave?
In any case Audioslave are terrible and I don't know why. Rage Against the Machine amazing band, Soundgarden decent band, Audioslave=Shit.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-24-2006, 12:41 PM
how does that work out, have you heard gasoline, or your time has come,they're no ratm but there pretty damn good

JohnnyNemesis
04-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Yeah, thread already exists + you're an idiot = not a lock, but oh fuck, I'm tempted.

GBH2
04-24-2006, 06:05 PM
they are one of those bands where their songs are very catchy (killing in the name and guerilla radio are great), but it is very hard to take them seriously

jacknife737
04-24-2006, 07:54 PM
but it is very hard to take them seriously\

care to elaborate?

JohnnyNemesis
04-24-2006, 08:06 PM
\

care to elaborate?

I would.

They cry and call for social change and they complain about the evils of exploiting lower class citizens while they are signed to a major record label and make millions of dollars doing the very same things they condemn others for.

They're one of the most hypocritical bands of all time.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-25-2006, 11:03 AM
I would.

They cry and call for social change and they complain about the evils of exploiting lower class citizens while they are signed to a major record label and make millions of dollars doing the very same things they condemn others for.

but just because a band is on a major label it doesnt mean they exploit lower class citizens-morrello was in a charity about all this....

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2006, 12:08 PM
but just because a band is on a major label it doesnt mean they exploit lower class citizens-morrello was in a charity about all this....

Please tell me you're joking.

They DO exploit lower class citizens because they willfully participate in ventures that allow the major label they're signed to to do just that.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Please tell me you're joking.

They DO exploit lower class citizens because they willfully participate in ventures that allow the major label they're signed to to do just that.

do you know that the major label does that? in what ways?

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2006, 12:23 PM
do you know that the major label does that? in what ways?

You're an idiot. Go do your own research.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
You're an idiot. Go do your own research.

you brought it up-prove it, if you cant....well it means your the idiot.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2006, 12:28 PM
I brought it up in response to a question, so no, I'm not bringing anything up. Also, I don't have to prove it because it's common sense.

You're the one who is trying so hard not to believe me. If you want to be persuaded, put that same energy into learning the facts.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-25-2006, 12:31 PM
I brought it up in response to a question, so no, I'm not bringing anything up. Also, I don't have to prove it because it's common sense.

You're the one who is trying so hard not to believe me. If you want to be persuaded, put that same energy into learning the facts.

so because a record label is major,it automatically exploits lower class citizens? now thats close mindedness

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2006, 12:31 PM
When the fuck did I say that? I said to GO AND DO THE RESEARCH AND FIND OUT FOR CONFIRMATION.

Holy jesus.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-25-2006, 12:34 PM
When the fuck did I say that? I said to GO AND DO THE RESEARCH AND FIND OUT FOR CONFIRMATION.

Holy jesus.

why dont you,im sure i dont have the intelligence to specify what im looking for....

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Well, you don't even have the intelligence to understand why I'm not going to do that, even though I've said it a million times...so yeah, you're exactly right, you don't have the intelligence for such a task.

Fuck off now please.

jacknife737
04-25-2006, 04:05 PM
I would.

I get what your saying, i don't really agree but whatever. I don't really see the real difference between a major and an 'indie' lable though.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2006, 04:07 PM
You don't really "agree"? Um, there's nothing to disagree with; we're dealing with facts here. That's like saying "Well, I understand that we see through our eyes, but I don't really agree with it".

I don't really see the real difference between a major and an 'indie' lable though.

Then you have no idea what either is.

coke_a_holic
04-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Major labels are full of posers. Posers = gay. Therefore, only gays use major labels.

0r4ng3
04-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Indie=punx. Up the Indie.

Only punx are on indie labels.

jacknife737
04-25-2006, 05:07 PM
You don't really "agree"? Um, there's nothing to disagree with; we're dealing with facts here. That's like saying "Well, I understand that we see through our eyes, but I don't really agree with it".

No, i don't think that what their doing is hypocritical.

Then you have no idea what either is.

No, i just don't really care if my money goes to the shareholders of a major lable, or some bum like Bret Gruewitz or Tony Brummel on an 'indie' lable, many people act if theres this huge difference between the two, they both want to make money.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2006, 05:18 PM
No, i don't think that what their doing is hypocritical.

Please explain how them whining about others doing exactly what they are doing is not hypocritical.

jacknife737
04-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Please explain how them whining about others doing exactly what they are doing is not hypocritical.

I think they genuinely believe in what they say, and they are using a major as a medium to spread their message.

JohnnyNemesis
04-25-2006, 05:47 PM
I think they genuinely believe in what they say, and they are using a major as a medium to spread their message.

They're using the very medium which participates in what they genuinely condemn to get their message across. It's bullshit.

Thomas
04-25-2006, 06:00 PM

http://i3.tinypic.com/why3no.jpg

Andy
04-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Major labels are full of posers. Posers = gay. Therefore, only gays use major labels.
GAYbles.

(10TEN)

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Well, you don't even have the intelligence to understand why I'm not going to do that, even though I've said it a million times...so yeah, you're exactly right, you don't have the intelligence for such a task.im gay...remember that

Fuck off now please.

meh...no-you never said why you wont,something about a lazy twat.....

JohnnyNemesis
04-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Adding "im gay" to a quote is one of the most immature things I've ever seen.

Grow the fuck up, you whiny piece of shit.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Adding "im gay" to a quote is one of the most immature things I've ever seen.

Grow the fuck up, you whiny piece of shit.

what? you mean your not?

JohnnyNemesis
04-26-2006, 10:45 AM
You're an idiot.

Enough of this. Get back on topic.

notoriousdoc
04-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Lock it for the love of... Offspring.

I punk

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-27-2006, 12:30 PM
You're an idiot.

Enough of this. Get back on topic.

never thought i'd see the day....

MuddahFukkah
08-03-2006, 10:41 AM
OK... It is time to put your argument to an end, guys... I will show you what Zack had told about playing under major label, which Sony certainly is...

Interviewer: How does a self-confessed right-on, Marxist band deal with massive record companies? Would you have been as happy in RATM if you'd continued making demo tapes and selling them at gigs?

Zack: That was what I was used to doing before Rage. My first band, Inside Out, was signed to a small indie label and we were very happy touring the West and East coasts. At that point-I was 19,20-I began to be really influenced by Bob Marley and Public Enemy and The Clash. I saw them as being able to use music as a way of opening up the spectrum of ideas. I was curious as to the massive communicative network a corporation like Sony could provide. Ultimately, although a lot of people have criticized us for being in bed with our enemies, I disagree. I think that it's a mutually exploitative situation. The kind of information that people can get as a result of using Sony is much more important than what some people would consider an endorsement.

DeAtHsTaR
08-03-2006, 10:53 AM
I would.

"Are?" They broke up 6 years ago.

But that's not the point. They need to be able to spread the message to everyone they can. (even though I'm not a fan on Communism)

pretty fly 88
08-03-2006, 11:53 AM
I used to love Rage Against The Machine, but not really anymore. Their music is really for teenagers.

JohnnyNemesis
08-03-2006, 02:41 PM
"Are?" They broke up 6 years ago.

*gasp* SHOCKING NEWS!

Asshole.

Interviewer: How does a self-confessed right-on, Marxist band deal with massive record companies? Would you have been as happy in RATM if you'd continued making demo tapes and selling them at gigs?

Zack: That was what I was used to doing before Rage. My first band, Inside Out, was signed to a small indie label and we were very happy touring the West and East coasts. At that point-I was 19,20-I began to be really influenced by Bob Marley and Public Enemy and The Clash. I saw them as being able to use music as a way of opening up the spectrum of ideas. I was curious as to the massive communicative network a corporation like Sony could provide. Ultimately, although a lot of people have criticized us for being in bed with our enemies, I disagree. I think that it's a mutually exploitative situation. The kind of information that people can get as a result of using Sony is much more important than what some people would consider an endorsement.

That's typical celebrity justification drivel, not an explanation of anything.

Yatesy
08-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Hypocritical or not, I still like this bands music a lot. The best album is probably Evil Empire, despite the lame name.

DeAtHsTaR
08-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Hypocritical or not, I still like this bands music a lot. The best album is probably Evil Empire, despite the lame name.
I disagree. I think self-titled is the best.

jacknife737
08-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Hey does anyone have an mp3 of Zack de la Rocha's We Want It All ?

Speaking of Rocha, anyone have any news on any solo release?

MuddahFukkah
08-04-2006, 12:52 AM
That's typical celebrity justification drivel, not an explanation of anything.

Not exactly... Imagine their situation: They belive there is something wrong with our society. Racism. Opression. Elitism. Propaganda etc. etc. They see that most of the people are blind about these problems and they want them to "wake up"... They wanted to 'speak' to masses, not to single weirdos who are listening exclusively to small labels (because they think it is politically right no matter the fact the 'indie' labels are profit organizations as well...)

Even *you* have to admit that they would have NOT such opportunities and impact if playing under some little 'indie' label... If they wanted to make their 'message' equal to that of politicians they HAD TO co-operate with some 'higher power' (represented by Sony in our case)... Zack himself called it 'a mutually explotative situation'... Parties and corps have got mass media under their influence... What media are owned by punks, hippies or RATM?... NONE!...

WebDudette
08-04-2006, 05:48 AM
OK... It is time to put your argument to an end, guys...

The argument ended about 3 months ago.

Dude From Dudetown
08-04-2006, 09:22 AM
I think that Rage Against The Machine is the worst band of all time, I mean, come on, they sing about puppies and field mice!

DeAtHsTaR
08-04-2006, 09:49 AM
I think that Rage Against The Machine is the worst band of all time, I mean, come on, they sing about puppies and field mice!
What the shit?

rocketman
08-05-2006, 05:36 PM
What the shit?
That's what I was thinking :confused:

MuddahFukkah
08-05-2006, 05:58 PM
This is what you want to be your epitaph, dumbfuck??... :mad: