PDA

View Full Version : Livejournals always suck. Always.

Sin Studly
04-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Ramblings of an Inverted Mind (http://ohbutyouwillpet.livejournal.com/)

Here we have the livejournal of a convicted baby-rapist. I was expecting some juicy shit, but it's the exact same as every other livejournal.

Livejournal sucks, and all your inner monologues are the same.

Vera
04-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Fuck you man, I'm taking you off my friendslist!!! STATEMENT!!

T-6005
04-20-2006, 03:48 PM
They're all so emotional...

It makes me want to kill something.

Rinoa
04-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Just don't read them then!

I think they're more for personal use rather than to impress an audience.

Sin Studly
04-20-2006, 04:21 PM
If the private thoughts of a baby-raper can't manage to be interesting, what can?

Mota Boy
04-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Here we have the livejournal of a convicted baby-rapist. I was expecting some juicy shit, but it's the exact same as every other livejournal.But isn't that even creepier?

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Ohbutyouwillpet

0r4ng3
04-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Wow, that site is like Wikipedia's retarded little brother.

Betty
04-20-2006, 04:28 PM
I think they're more for personal use rather than to impress an audience.

I disagree.

If people used them for personal use, they would make them totally private or find some other form of maintaining a journal.

There is definitely an element of narcissism and hoping/expecting others to find it important and interesting.

Although I'll admit that a few people have the talent to pull it off, but not many.

Endymion
04-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Wow, that site is like Wikipedia's retarded little brother.
www.uncyclopedia.org

0r4ng3
04-20-2006, 04:34 PM
I retract my previous statement.

HornyPope
04-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Anyone read Lolita...?

There is also Wikitruth now.

Sin Studly
04-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Anyone read Lolita...?

No, but I fell asleep halfway through the movie. Does that count?

calichix
04-20-2006, 06:07 PM
If I had a livejournal it would rule.

sKratch
04-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Proud non-reader of LiveJournal. Can't say I've ever done it.

calichix
04-20-2006, 06:32 PM
me neither. let's do lunch.

Jebus
04-20-2006, 06:33 PM
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Image:Holocausttycoon.jpg
I want this game, real or not.

Endymion
04-20-2006, 10:44 PM
http://www.csulb.edu/~rjames/classic/nahtzee.jpg

sKratch
04-20-2006, 10:58 PM
me neither. let's do lunch.
Far out. I'm in.

All About Eve
04-21-2006, 12:43 AM
http://www.csulb.edu/~rjames/classic/nahtzee.jpg

Oh my god. You have no idea how much I love you right now.

Vera
04-21-2006, 01:34 AM
Laura - It would!

Livejournal wins for the shitty internet drama it creates, but also just the system of locking posts. Some people do keep their personal journals TOTALLY private - however, some people also use their livejournals to tell their friends what's going on in their lives, and others use it as any blog (obviously these people want the audience).

LJ sucks but I still prefer it to so many others because I have bad experience with Myspace and shit. I don't want to write my random thoughts there.

Nina
04-21-2006, 01:40 AM
If people used them for personal use, they would make them totally private or find some other form of maintaining a journal.

There is definitely an element of narcissism and hoping/expecting others to find it important and interesting.

Actually, it doesnt always have to be like that. There can be a combination of what you said (and what Vera said). You have close friends added, make all your entries friendsonly so it's obviously NOT public, and then you write what's up with your life. And if there is something that's extremly private, you simply make the entry private.
I do it like that and many many many many other people do it like that as well, if not most people (who actually matter, which means 16 years and up).
I dont think that it has to do with narcissism. It's a way of communicating with friends who matter to a person.

Betty
04-21-2006, 03:56 AM
I agree, yes and no. I'm not really in on the whole scene myself anyway. My friends and I don't do that kind of thing so if I did it would only involve Internet people.

I agree, yes, that for those who use it as a way to "update friends," it's a decent method, sure. But at the same time, you're operating under the assumption that what you have to say will be of interest to them. Like, say I wanted to update a friend about my life, I would probably send him/her an e-mail. Updates on your life can clearly vary from "So I'm moving out of town, broke up with my boyfriend, got a new job" to "I had pizza for dinner and then watched TV for 2 hours."

The comment stems from those who write about the totally mundane things in life, assuming it will be of interest.

I'm not necessarily knocking it, I would do it. I'd like to think that what I have to say is pretty damn entertaining when I'm in the right mood. But I still think there has to be a certain element of... something... exhibitionism even... to maintaining a public/semi-public journal.

On a semi-related note, being a non LJ user, friends only diaries aren't very much fun.

Vera
04-21-2006, 04:14 AM
Well, from a Livejournal-using point of view, friends-only is a great way to decide who gets to read your stuff. Not just "I'm locking this entry from the internet at large", but I also have filters for RL friends and filters for people who understand Finnish.

Most people on my flist use their LJs not just to update people on what's going on in their lives but also talk about their interests. Movies, books, music... Anything really. I like to write about my interests and occasionally I will vent or rent or just talk about my life in general, or share my thoughts on something that I've been thinking about. Sometimes I write something down just for myself. If people read it and have something to say, let them reply but I don't expect them to.

Sometimes I will post writings or fic or pictures. LJ's are very multi-purpose and you can use it as you wish. People have photo blogs on LJ, dream blogs, whatever blogs...

Then there are the communities which will at times be full of crap but other times a great way to connect to people who like something you enjoy yourself.

Oh, and if I want to update someone on my life, I won't direct them to join LJ, I will tell them in short on IM or phone or e-mail or face to face.. But those friends I *do* have on LJ, I do want to let them know at times what's going on in my life. Though usually when I do that I mainly write it down for myself (sometimes you just have this need to get something down, you know?).

Nina
04-21-2006, 04:19 AM
Well, it's up to the person whether he is interesting or not. I seriously dont think that a journal differs from a message board or an email when it comes to that. I can write the boring things you stated on this BBS as well, and write it in an email to, lets say, scared_wolf. OR you choose to talk about things that involve some thinking. The people I have befriended definitely do that, and I'd like to think of myself as the same.

Another thing. Communities. You cant view a lot of them if you arent a member. And you cant become a member if you arent on LJ. Maybe personal journals are "boring", but damn, the right communities certainly arent.

I'm not trying to convince you, though I dont even think there is anything to convince since you seem pretty open, but I'd like to give a different view on it, and not support the stereotypical "OMG LJ SUXX SO MUCH" type of attitude.

Edit: I wrote that when Vera's reply wasnt there yet :] I agree with almost everything she said.

Rocky-girl
04-21-2006, 04:59 AM
Anyone read Lolita...?
I read.

And about topic: I don't like Livejournal, MySpace and another stuff. I have little number of persons to communicate with thought interenet. I think that the best way is phone.

Nina
04-21-2006, 05:00 AM
Rocky-girl, I just wanted to say that your English gets better with every post. Keep it up!

wheelchairman
04-21-2006, 05:02 AM
LJ is just another way to keep in contact with people, just like email or this message board.

People blog for their friends. And it's like an email for everyone.

What's more annoying is bands on myspace. I still don't like that fagspace that Human put up for Jeffreestar. How pretentious.

Rocky-girl
04-21-2006, 05:03 AM
Rocky-girl, I just wanted to say that your English gets better with every post. Keep it up!
Thank you! You cheer me up!

Betty
04-21-2006, 05:05 AM
Well, it's up to the person whether he is interesting or not. I seriously dont think that a journal differs from a message board or an email when it comes to that.

Agreed. It's just another method of communication, with a different direction in terms of audience.

And to Sanni, yes I realize there are many uses. I think my comment is more directed towards people "blogging"/diary-writing in any online journal type thing. Not necessarily LJ.

I've been tempted to join LJ for a while to be more "in" the Internet loop. But then, I don't know, it's just one of those things that I feel would require me majorly jumping on a bandwagon and sometimes it takes me a while to get past that cause I'm weird like that. Also, I just haven't yet hit that moment where I was inspired enough to get around to it. Also, it might be best for my health to not become even more addicted to the Interne than I already am.

Betty
04-21-2006, 05:08 AM
I kinda enjoy band myspaces for the fact that you can easily play streamed songs.

But then the myspace thing itself is pretty annoying.

"Hey guys, thanks for the add! You rock!"

Nina
04-21-2006, 05:09 AM
Haha you are right, getting addicted is quite easy like that.

I know you didnt ask for advice, but I wanted to say one thing: You should join LJ if you think that it will do you any good (venting, blablabla), or if you want to read specific entries of friends/communities.

I absolutely REFUSED to join LJ before! I joined for Tizz and her journal...I didnt even write any entries. But it came with time. hehe.

P.S. I HATE band myspaces. Actually, I just hate myspace. It seems so weird to me. I just cant get into it.

Betty
04-21-2006, 05:12 AM
I decided I would join once I finished writing my first post since I need someplace to put it. It's been in the works for quite some time now (~ 8 months). But at least I have a vague goal.

Vera
04-21-2006, 05:36 AM
I guess if one truly wants to write a journal for themselves, they do it offline, yeah.. I have a pen-and-paper journal and I write in it pretty often - usually about things I will not and don't want to share with anyone. (Yeah, I could just do a private entry on LJ to make sure NOBODY sees it but sometimes it's better therapy to actually write with a pen than just type.)

Paint_It_Black
04-21-2006, 05:38 AM
I can write the boring things you stated on this BBS as well, and write it in an email to, lets say, scared_wolf.

Shh, nobody knows me as that any more.

I absolutely REFUSED to join LJ before! I joined for Tizz and her journal...I didnt even write any entries.

Yeah, same here, then a friend made me join...

I have no interest in making entries though.

Rocky-girl
04-21-2006, 05:46 AM
I can't use internet!!! I had read this thread, decided to try it. I knew that my brother has already had LJ and I knew what it is. Well I did account, but now my comp open that page only with my brother's login! Anybody know what shall I do?!

Vera
04-21-2006, 05:50 AM
Log out as your brother, log in as yourself?

Rocky-girl
04-21-2006, 05:55 AM
NO, we have a brouser where we can make bookmarks. When I bookmarked this site I was logged in, so it remembered me and now never askes to log in. And I think that when my brother bookmarked his page he was logged in, so when I go on that site it accept me like my brother.

JohnnyNemesis
04-21-2006, 05:57 AM
The comment stems from those who write about the totally mundane things in life, assuming it will be of interest.

For 90% of those people, no such assumption is ever made though. Even if it's there in the subconscious, it's never there is any real sense. The reason behind a post is the last thing on an LJers mind; the immediate venting is all that matters, how it's received can be worried about later. So there is no assumption that friends will find it "interesting".

Betty
04-21-2006, 06:42 AM
I don't know if you can make that generalization any more than I can make my generalization.

Sin Studly
04-21-2006, 06:49 AM
You're all missing the point. The point is that the ramblings on an inverted mind ; who happens to be a convincted baby-raper ; is not interesting in the slightest.

What hope does that leave for the rest of you?

Vera
04-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Well, if you want interesting, read a good book, not Livejournal.

Tizzalicious
04-21-2006, 07:06 AM
I doubt my LJ is interesting for anyone who isn't extremely interested in me. But I really couldn't care less.

I like reading my friends entries though. And the communities are pretty useful sometimes.

wheelchairman
04-21-2006, 07:07 AM
I just realized how utterly and fucking repititive my last comment was.

JohnnyNemesis
04-21-2006, 09:29 AM
I don't know if you can make that generalization any more than I can make my generalization.

I can. I'm part of the community.

Sunny
04-21-2006, 09:35 AM
What's more annoying is bands on myspace. I still don't like that fagspace that Human put up for Jeffreestar. How pretentious.

everything else aside, Jeffree Star fucking rules. as does Bobby Trendy.

*wanders off*

my lj is far more interesting than the baby rapist's (NOT RAPER'S!!) lj. psh. mostly cause i'm more bitter, angrier, and have a better sex life. ;p

Vera
04-21-2006, 10:30 AM
You post about your sex life? I've never seen any hot Sunny!sex posts.

sKratch
04-21-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm still waiting for Laura to confirm a lunch date :[

wheelchairman
04-21-2006, 12:20 PM
everything else aside, Jeffree Star fucking rules. as does Bobby Trendy.

*wanders off*

my lj is far more interesting than the baby rapist's (NOT RAPER'S!!) lj. psh. mostly cause i'm more bitter, angrier, and have a better sex life. ;p
Maybe. I didn't hear them. I just found their MySpace message to be freakin' godawful. Like really, typical of what you would expect on a BBS' girl's blog type of stuff.

Sunny
04-21-2006, 12:22 PM
well.. i'm not into the music per se. s/he is just such a fucking freakshow. it's awesome. good makeup skills, too.

Mota Boy
04-21-2006, 02:41 PM
You're all missing the point. The point is that the ramblings on an inverted mind ; who happens to be a convincted baby-raper ; is not interesting in the slightest.

What hope does that leave for the rest of you?
I dunno, I find that a helluva lot more fascinating than if it was obvious to tell from his entries that something was very wrong. We like to think that the real "monsters" of society will be noticeably different from everyone else, that there's something fundamental that seperates "them" from "us". It's wild to think that one of your good friends could get off too raping children and you'd never suspect a thing.

wheelchairman
04-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Exactly, just like Mr Hands. And the fact that the identity of Goatse is now revealed on Wikipedia.

calichix
04-21-2006, 04:51 PM
time and place, sugardaddydoright. time and place.

Rocky-girl
04-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Ufff! I've made account there for me. But now I think why I did that? I can't use it at all! Anybody can help me?

Tizzalicious
04-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Tanya, when you go to www.livejournal.com, you should see your brothers name somewhere on the page, with next to it a button that says: "log out". Click that, and then you should be able to log in with your own name.

Rocky-girl
04-23-2006, 07:36 AM
This problem we have already solved. I just will use another program to open internet pages. Now I can use it with my name, but today I've been uploading pic there for 30 mins. And I can't imagine what I'll do futher with it 'cause it's easier for me to talk to my friends in real life. I didn't think about it when I logged in, and now I think that I made that account to no purpose.(?).

Tizzalicious
04-23-2006, 07:41 AM
Maybe you could add some people from the BBS?

Rocky-girl
04-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Maybe... But I don't know your names there. I'll be glad to add you there.

Tizzalicious
04-23-2006, 08:01 AM
life_on_a_plate :)

Rocky-girl
04-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Glad to meet you:) I'm melta. Now you're my friend! Now I'll translate all that I'll write there.

Tizzalicious
04-23-2006, 08:17 AM
I'll add you too :)

Rocky-girl
04-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Now you can read what I've wrote there. I've just finished it. :)