PDA

View Full Version : free promo cd?

dirty_magic
04-20-2006, 03:32 PM
i think that the offspring should release a nitro promo cd with their upcoming album. i just bought the new nofx album which came free with a promo cd with a range the bands on fat wreck chords, i believe that the offspring could use this idea to promote some of the rad bands they currently have on their lable. the cd wouldn't cost the band or nitro itself much but would promote the bands a lot, anyone agree?

Dexter_italy
04-20-2006, 03:40 PM
not a bad idea bit there's only a problem....Offspring aren't on Nitro and will never be :D :cool:
________
THIRD-GENERATION CAMARO (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Third-generation_Chevrolet_Camaro)

Ninty Man
04-20-2006, 03:42 PM
not a bad idea bit there's only a problem....Offspring aren't on Nitro and will never be :D :cool:

Never??

Never say never again

No, dude... I think that they might be on Nitro on the end of their career :eek:

dirty_magic
04-20-2006, 03:44 PM

but dexter owns nitro so it would work unless columbia disagree

SaiKYoU
04-20-2006, 04:23 PM
there's something i still don't understand...

free

Kitten
04-20-2006, 09:25 PM
but dexter owns nitro so it would work unless columbia disagree

That is the issue. Can you picture a big label like Columbia agreeing the help promote Nitro Records through The Offspring?

Thomas
04-20-2006, 10:20 PM
I really like this idea, but Colombia will never let it fly. Maybe when their contract with them expires...

Kitten
04-20-2006, 10:26 PM
I really like this idea, but Colombia will never let it fly. Maybe when their contract with them expires...

Maybe.
However, the promo CD idea would be great for Nitro bands CD's. I know they used to put a Nitro catalogue in with their packaging.

DaneisKing1389
04-20-2006, 10:36 PM
there's something i still don't understand...

What they mean is... pay $13.99 for a CD that is really only worth between $7-$10 and the rest of the money is wasted. Then they give you a "free" sample CD, but really it cost you the extra money for the original.