PDA

View Full Version : Laying Low

Simon_Yue
04-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Who else is tired of Dexter "laying low" and wants some more REAL news on a new Offspring album. It's been a month since his last journal entry and I for one would like to know what's going on in camp offspring.

Mr. Noodles
04-21-2006, 07:42 PM
I am!
I want to know when the album comes out and I want to hear some singles from it.

Nood!es
04-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Wow. And in his last journal, if Im correct, it stated they were writing songs. So I wouldnt be complaining, whining, or bitching.

Simon_Yue
04-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Seriously, shut up you tool.

Hux
04-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Well you'd think they could give us some more and more detailed information.

Simon_Yue
04-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Well you'd think they could give us some more and more detailed information.
Precisely .

offspring_freak_3
04-21-2006, 08:16 PM
they should put an demo on the main page :rolleyes:

Little_Miss_1565
04-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Seriously, shut up you tool.

He was right, you know. Don't jump up the ass of anyone who points out any flaw in your logic.

I'd really like to hear some more news updates, even if not from the band members themselves, like from a crew member. But I really don't think that offspring.com is going to turn into a demo-posting free-for-all.

Dexter_H
04-21-2006, 08:42 PM
I'd really like to hear some more news updates, even if not from the band members themselves, like from a crew member. But I really don't think that offspring.com is going to turn into a demo-posting free-for-all.
I agree. They need to update it more but I don't think they're going to be uploading demos. I think I'd rather wait until I heard the album first, then hear the demo's after.

Simon_Yue
04-21-2006, 08:46 PM
He was right, you know. Don't jump up the ass of anyone who points out any flaw in your logic.
I'm saying that I want more news, not to know that a month ago whilst laying low dexter was going to write songs. I would just like to be more informed about the Offspring's happenings.

Nood!es
04-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Ok, I just told you that they are WRITING SONGS. And thats what Dexter said in his entry. Song writing can take a while, and recording, and mixing and shit. You tool

Simon_Yue
04-21-2006, 08:55 PM
It's pretty apparant I have been reading the journals, as I joined the forum to make this thread, therefore I do know that Dexter has been "laying low, playing guitar, writing songs". I think you missed the point of the thread; I just want to hear more from the band (or crew) whether the band is actually recording songs or Dexter is just mucking around, getting some ideas together before they hit the studio.

Nood!es
04-21-2006, 09:14 PM
No. I know the point of the thread. The point of my posts are that they are writing songs. And that they dont have time to update and post new journals. Got it?

Simon_Yue
04-21-2006, 09:18 PM
lol. Come on, writing songs doesn't take up the whole day. Whilst touring and flying around they world they were able to post journals, and they are much more time consuming than writing songs.

Panzerfaust92
04-21-2006, 09:21 PM
They also need their share of "me thime" like everybody else. It's in this time that they can feed the dogs, play video games, and watch Oprah or whatever. These are just the things I do in my time.

Thomas
04-21-2006, 09:46 PM
As long as I know that they are writing new material, I am content. I would rather them spend more time perfecting their new album than to give us little meaningless updates every other hour.

brothadave79
04-21-2006, 09:50 PM
I agree. They need to update it more but I don't think they're going to be uploading demos. I think I'd rather wait until I heard the album first, then hear the demo's after.

Definitely. I'd rather hear an awesome demo after the album comes out than the other way around and say, "what the hell did they do!"

Kitten
04-21-2006, 10:13 PM
lol. Come on, writing songs doesn't take up the whole day. Whilst touring and flying around they world they were able to post journals, and they are much more time consuming than writing songs.

And you would know this because your band finds it easier to do something creative like write songs rather than articulate what you have been up to?

endlesst0m
04-21-2006, 11:51 PM
It's pretty apparant I have been reading the journals, as I joined the forum to make this thread, therefore I do know that Dexter has been "laying low, playing guitar, writing songs". I think you missed the point of the thread; I just want to hear more from the band (or crew) whether the band is actually recording songs or Dexter is just mucking around, getting some ideas together before they hit the studio.

Yeah dude, I'm with you.

To all the people complaining: How lame can you possibly be? He doesn't ACTUALLY want the band to just drop what they're doing to write in the damn journal, he's just hoping for more updates, like any good fan would. Stop making everything into an argument.

Dexter_italy
04-22-2006, 01:59 AM
I think when there will be news to post they will be posted..... it's useless posting something like " one song done 12 to go" they don't have to post news every week just when they feel to...it's cool having something new in the band journal, but if nothig's going on there's nothing to post.... :o :confused:
________
V12 (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_V12)

Simon_Yue
04-22-2006, 02:06 AM
And you would know this because your band finds it easier to do something creative like write songs rather than articulate what you have been up to?
Writing songs isn't that hard, even so it doensn't take up every hour of the week. Our band wrote 2 songs the night before battle of the bands and we came 2nd so it isn't that time-consuming.

Emily_offspring_fan
04-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Well, just wait, they must be really occupied wriring songs! that's a lot of work and it should be perfect. Just wait, for me, the lack of journals is a sign they're working hard for the new album.

Call it an Obsession
04-22-2006, 08:10 AM
i'm not trying to be awkward or anything but aren't demos released to give you a little taste of what the song is going to be like? Normally they are made so that we would listen to them and get influenced to buy the single/album.. anywya i know what you're saying but it's kinda pointless

Little_Miss_1565
04-22-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm saying that I want more news, not to know that a month ago whilst laying low dexter was going to write songs. I would just like to be more informed about the Offspring's happenings.

We all would. But that doesn't change the fact that you did in fact jump up the ass of the first person who pointed out a flaw in your logic. Cut it out. So many people turn into snapping, whining children in their first few posts. Don't be one of those.

Kitten
04-22-2006, 09:35 AM
I know I am willing to wait for news. It makes it sweeter, and the people that usually lurk come out and play.
But really, so long as the updates are positive and continue to remain positive, I am quite happy to wait for the next update, even if it is the album itself.

Rutegard
04-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Well, just wait, they must be really occupied wriring songs! that's a lot of work and it should be perfect. Just wait, for me, the lack of journals is a sign they're working hard for the new album.

I FUCKING HOPE SO

Biggest offspring fan
04-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Who else is tired of Dexter "laying low" and wants some more REAL news on a new Offspring album. It's been a month since his last journal entry and I for one would like to know what's going on in camp offspring.
Jeah I would like to here something new to, but we shouldent complaining all the time. They are to busy whith their new album. Dexter wrote this in the journals for some months ago:
The reason we haven‘t been writing in is because we‘re too busy with our drug binges, therapy sessions and sushi lunches to contribute. What kind of band guys would we be if we hung out on our website all the time? I don‘t think you would respect us.So just let them do their work!

Emily_offspring_fan
04-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Jeah I would like to here something new to, but we shouldent complaining all the time. They are to busy whith their new album. Dexter wrote this in the journals for some months ago:
The reason we haven‘t been writing in is because we‘re too busy with our drug binges, therapy sessions and sushi lunches to contribute. What kind of band guys would we be if we hung out on our website all the time? I don‘t think you would respect us.So just let them do their work!
OMG I agree with Biggest offspring fan! Am I driving crazy or he said something right?

RonWelty
04-22-2006, 04:12 PM
i hope their work creates a great record ..i´m really ansious to get their and the new Bad Religion album! they will rock!

ps : The Offspring could do a DVD like BAD RELIGION´s "live @ palladium" ... just an idea.. !

Zee
04-23-2006, 01:29 AM
Right now I'm really looking forward to the new stuff, quite a long time has gone of the previous new stuff, it'll be so sweet to hear some new music again.

This time I might try a tactics not to download any of the songs but buy the album the day it comes out without hearing any of the stuff before. Need to experience it this way before it's too late, anyone with me?

Rutegard
04-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Right now I'm really looking forward to the new stuff, quite a long time has gone of the previous new stuff, it'll be so sweet to hear some new music again.

This time I might try a tactics not to download any of the songs but buy the album the day it comes out without hearing any of the stuff before. Need to experience it this way before it's too late, anyone with me?

i've had that experience with americana and conspiracy....and believe me..i miss that!!

yeah...maybe i'll do just like you, because probably this will be their last record so i'll just have one chance now

Zee
04-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Well, they actually do have two more records to fill in their contract... ;)

RonWelty
04-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Well, they actually do have two more records to fill in their contract... ;)two? i thought it was one more record with sony .... ok..

Zee
04-23-2006, 08:01 AM
Nope, it was said by Noodles that they still have two more studio records to do after the Greatest Hits.

RonWelty
04-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Nope, it was said by Noodles that they still have two more studio records to do after the Greatest Hits.allright dude :D cool then!

Zee
04-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Indeed, indeed... maybe they will try to reach the 10th album mark and the age of 50 and then quit, so maybe those will be the last two records. ;)

Kitten
04-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Nope, it was said by Noodles that they still have two more studio records to do after the Greatest Hits.

Where was that said?

Zee
04-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Where was that said?

In one Finnish interview Noodles was asked that usually Greatest Hits albums are a sign of an ending contract with the record company so what's the deal with you and Noodles answered that not at all, we still have two more studio records to fill in our contract.

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Writing songs isn't that hard, even so it doensn't take up every hour of the week. Our band wrote 2 songs the night before battle of the bands and we came 2nd so it isn't that time-consuming.

I'm willing to bet those two songs aren't very good.

Writing songs for the rest of the world can take awhile. So relax.

Simon_Yue
04-24-2006, 05:02 AM
:eek: Zif, musically they are better than most of offsprings newer stuff, and more technical than pretty much all their stuff. They lyrics aren't excellent but they were pretty good. We came second afterall....

Little_Miss_1565
04-24-2006, 08:47 AM
And clearly the people of your town have the power to make your next album go multiplatinum.

The point is, your band's process is different from the Offspring's, so it's ridiculous to compare.

Painted Pony
04-26-2006, 05:42 AM

Writing songs for the rest of the world can take awhile. So relax.
Some songs write themselves, almost. Several songwriters say so.
Still, some bands like to use a lot of time in the studio, while others may just slam the tracks down. Different strokes for different folks..

Dexter_H
04-26-2006, 05:50 AM
Some songs write themselves, almost. Several songwriters say so.
Still, some bands like to use a lot of time in the studio, while others may just slam the tracks down. Different strokes for different folks..
That's true, but in the Offspring's case hopefully this time round they only include songs on the album that are good enough to be there (unlike their last few albums). Even so, I'm sure they'd have 10 minutes every 2 weeks to give the fans an update. I really do hope that the Offspring realise that by writing these pop songs to try and get popular again it's just doing the reverse.