PDA

View Full Version : Splinter, what's everyone got vs. it?

F@ BANKZ
04-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Ok, Splinter isn't as good as some of the other albums, but i hink it's sill pretty damn good, as good as Co1, The Offspring and in my opinion Ixnay on he Hombre.

If you focous on the dead bad songs like Worst Hangover and Spare me the details, it seems...Dead bad. If you look at he early, more well knowen songs it's actually quite good, and the others like Race against myself and Lightning Rod, i think are brilliant. Is it purely anger that the Offspring didn't release more songs like this on the albm which is already short, or is it that i'm wrong (which is very unlikely as no-one is perfect but me) :cool:

Nineteen Seventy Nine
04-22-2006, 03:17 PM
I don't have anything against it, really. I just find all the other Offspring albums better.

Emily_offspring_fan
04-22-2006, 03:23 PM
I like Splinter, I have nothing against it. All Offspring albums are gold for me.

F@ BANKZ
04-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Why don't you like it as much

Nineteen Seventy Nine
04-22-2006, 03:27 PM
I think it is more of what makes all the other songs on the other CDs better.

offspring_freak_3
04-22-2006, 03:32 PM
I like Splinter, I have nothing against it. All Offspring albums are gold for me.
same here, i pretty much like it, i just skip a few songs like worst hangover ever and hit that

offspring fan
04-22-2006, 03:40 PM
i love splinter as mutch as the other cds. i never skip a track on anny offspring cd.

DeAtHsTaR
04-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Splinter is great, just way too short.

Ninty Man
04-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Ok, Splinter isn't as good as some of the other albums, but i hink it's sill pretty damn good, as good as Co1, The Offspring and in my opinion Ixnay on he Hombre.

If you focous on the dead bad songs like Worst Hangover and Spare me the details, it seems...Dead bad. If you look at he early, more well knowen songs it's actually quite good, and the others like Race against myself and Lightning Rod, i think are brilliant. Is it purely anger that the Offspring didn't release more songs like this on the albm which is already short, or is it that i'm wrong (which is very unlikely as no-one is perfect but me) :cool:

I now don't hate it... but:

Worst Hangover ever, Da hui and When you're in prison makes me get angry, and I like Spare me the details.

It's too short

More songs like The Noose or Can't Get my head around you would'n be bad

nameless
04-22-2006, 07:15 PM
i have nothign against it either! i just prefer other albums!

mrconeman
04-22-2006, 07:31 PM
The only problem with it, is its length, too short, its not a bad album at all. I dont see what all the crap is about.

Ninty Man
04-22-2006, 08:13 PM
The only problem with it, is its length, too short, its not a bad album at all. I dont see what all the crap is about.

Maybe... because it's too short?

JohnnyNemesis
04-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Americana is the worst, and that's a fact.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Ninty Man
04-22-2006, 08:15 PM

Nop, an album who has Have You Ever, Staring, TKAA, No brakes, Americana, Pay the man and the end of the line it's far the worst

That_Guy91
04-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Nop, an album who has Have You Ever, Staring, TKAA, No brakes, Americana, Pay the man and the end of the line it's far the worst
He didn't say it was bad, he just said all the other ones were better.

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2006, 12:03 AM

I still cannot for a second understand how anyone can possibly think that.

Thomas
04-23-2006, 12:54 AM
I dunno. I used to consider it better than S/T, Splinter, and Co1, but the more I listen to the other albums, the more I realize that those albums are really REALLY fucking good! It didn't take me long to realize that S/T is way better than Americana, but I have only recently decided that Co1 and Splinter are probably better, too.

Hypodermic_89
04-23-2006, 01:39 AM
Americana is my least favorite too. And Splinter is one of my favs. Americana Has good songs, but they get boring after a while. Only a few songs stay good. Have You Ever, No Brakes and TKAA. And Splinter is awesome. The Noose, Long Way Home, Race Against Myself, (Can't Get My) Head Around You, Never Gonna Find Me, Lightning Rod, Spare Me The Details, Da Hui.. All awesome songs.

JohnnyNemesis
04-23-2006, 02:31 AM

Pretty Fly, Why Don't You Get A Job, The Kids Aren't Alright (NO COMMENTS ON THIS, I refuse to get into this with anyone ever again!!!), She's Got Issues, Wala Walla, Feelings. That's how!

Still, Have You Ever, Staring at the Sun, No Brakes, and Pay The Man? Those are not only some of the best Offspring songs I've ever heard, but some of the best shit I've ever heard, period.

F@ BANKZ
04-23-2006, 02:40 AM
Pretty Fly, Why Don't You Get A Job, The Kids Aren't Alright (NO COMMENTS ON THIS, I refuse to get into this with anyone ever again!!!), She's Got Issues, Wala Walla, Feelings. That's how!

Still, Have You Ever, Staring at the Sun, No Brakes, and Pay The Man? Those are not only some of the best Offspring songs I've ever heard, but some of the best shit I've ever heard, period.

Can you please just tell me what's wrong with TKAA though, as far as i'm aware most fans really like that song (maybe not the video). Americana is the album and TKAA is the song that got me into the offspring AFTER i'd heard afew songs off Splinter and Ixnay so i really don't see.....what is wrong with TKAA every/anyone

JohnnyNemesis
04-23-2006, 02:44 AM
(NO COMMENTS ON THIS, I refuse to get into this with anyone ever again!!!)

Just do a search and you'll probably find the million times I explained this already.

Rutegard
04-23-2006, 04:17 AM
Nothing Against

I Just love Splinter!!!

Vera
04-23-2006, 05:08 AM
I think Race Against Myself and Hit That are actually groovy, really awesome Offspring songs. I like Splinter, I listen to it quite a bit on my iPod. Good record, overall.

It doesn't have the durance of Smash, but it still rocks.

offspring kid
04-23-2006, 05:09 AM
I got nothing against Splinter....Infact splinter is my favourite album :rolleyes:

Sasoolero
04-23-2006, 05:48 AM
I love Splinter ! It's not my favorite album, but it's very good ! I love the worst hanghover ever, spair me the details and Hit that !

forcyn
04-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Nothing Against

I Just love Splinter!!!
agreed.

the more I listen to it the more I like it. [same with CO1]

Llamas
04-23-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't hate splinter... I listen to it, but it's my second least favorite offspring album (right above conspiracy of one). Why? Well...
1. It's short, and even thought s/t is shorter, s/t doesn't have any dumb songs that I skip... so it's shorter than s/t cause I have to skip stuff.
2. No theme. I know they didn't intend to have a theme, but I always really liked the themes of the offspring's albums.
3. For me (just my opinion), hit that, worst hangover ever, spare me the details, da hui, and when you're in prison are worth skipping over.
4. long way home, never gonna find me, and and neocon are very, very average.
5. This leaves the noose, race against myself, head around you, and lightning rod as songs that I really like. Not enough to rise above any other offspring album.

It's still better than conspiracy, because it does have those 4 songs that stand out, while conspiracy has nothing but average and below average songs. I do like splinter- it's one of my favorite albums in my collection- but it's not at the top of my offspring collection.

Ninty Man
04-23-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't hate splinter... I listen to it, but it's my second least favorite offspring album (right above conspiracy of one). Why? Well...
1. It's short, and even thought s/t is shorter, s/t doesn't have any dumb songs that I skip... so it's shorter than s/t cause I have to skip stuff.
2. No theme. I know they didn't intend to have a theme, but I always really liked the themes of the offspring's albums.
3. For me (just my opinion), hit that, worst hangover ever, spare me the details, da hui, and when you're in prison are worth skipping over.
4. long way home, never gonna find me, and and neocon are very, very average.
5. This leaves the noose, race against myself, head around you, and lightning rod as songs that I really like. Not enough to rise above any other offspring album.

It's still better than conspiracy, because it does have those 4 songs that stand out, while conspiracy has nothing but average and below average songs. I do like splinter- it's one of my favorite albums in my collection- but it's not at the top of my offspring collection.

well, I dislike Race against, but like Spare me the details... just my opinion

Mr. Noodles
04-23-2006, 07:12 PM
I have nothing against Splinter. I think that the only problem is its short length, which is also said by a LOT of people.
There really aren't a lot of bad songs, if there are any bad ones at all.
The only one I don't like as much would be "Worst Hangover Ever".
I like it, but not as much as the other songs like "The Noose", "Lightning Rod" or "Hit That."

Hux
04-24-2006, 06:23 AM
Not everyone dislikes, just some people do or at least is their least favourite Offspring album.

I for one don't hate it, as a lot of other people.

el_monkey
04-24-2006, 06:51 AM
I like it.

this is like the 3772th thread about this topic.
(never the1337th one. there is no 1337th one, even if there were more than 1337 threads)

randman21
04-24-2006, 07:42 AM
I thought it was decent. In other news, I've just changed the meaning of "decent" to mean "fucking awesome!!"

I looove the album! It's probably my second or third fave. Like about 1.73 billion of you already said, it's waaaay to short. "The Noose" is certainly one of their greatest songs. "Never Gonna Find Me" is up there, too!

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-24-2006, 09:20 AM

americana is genius-except pretty fly,

Sasoolero
04-24-2006, 09:45 AM
americana is genius-except pretty fly,
no, americana is genius and pretty fly too !

Llamas
04-24-2006, 09:46 AM
splinter isn't even my least favorite... people don't hate splinter. I hate when people jump to conclusions. And Americana was a genius album. I don't love every song on it, but they're all great in context.