PDA

View Full Version : OK, time to whore MY band.

Andy
04-22-2006, 03:25 PM
We're called the Conquistadors, it's myself (on drums), Oz (on bass/vox), James (guitar/vox) and Ad (guitar/vox).

Don't ask me what genre we fall into, because I honestly can't tell you. I guess we're prog, but I don't know.

Check out www.myspace.com/conquistadorsmusic to hear very (VERY) rough demo's of two songs, "Avé Maria" and "Drunken Cinema Debarkle (DCD)".

If you like what you hear, please add us (if you have myspace) and leave a comment. If you don't like us, you can add us anyway and leave us some constructive criticism.

Thank you

Andy
04-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah, you can also comment on here...

(and if you add us on myspace and you're asked how you know us, reply with "from Andy", or something original. I have my reasons.)

barangatang
04-22-2006, 06:59 PM
you guys sound absolutely fabulous, almost gang of four-ish The second song up there (maria, or something like that) is amazing.

All About Eve
04-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Andy, you forgot to mention your hat wearing expertise. You know my thoughts on the music, as well!

Andy
04-23-2006, 04:59 AM
That's some good love, much thanks and a big sloppy Conquistadors kiss to the both of you.

But we want more! More comments! There's been shit load of people viewing this thread, but only two posting....come on!

noodlesisalliwant
04-23-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm liking you're music a lot there- especially the second track, nice intro and the vocals are awesome.

psychederic
04-23-2006, 12:17 PM
good ok

coke_a_holic
04-23-2006, 12:23 PM
You know what I think. Great stuff!

offspringer24
04-23-2006, 12:44 PM
sounds like a poor madness "type band" also where do you play cos were always at edwards no8, actress & bishop,barfly,firkin,academy, and all over west mids and i havent come across you.
no offence meant by the way just not up my street, let me kno when & where your playing tho and i'll try check you out(or at least send somebody to) and see what your like live!
best

Andy
04-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey, thanks for the comments guys. I may be unsure about what is meant by the Madness reference...Seeing as they were two-tone ska but it's always good hearing diverse opinions.

We've played at Scruffy Murphy's a couple of times (we got together a week before everybody went off to Uni, so we rarely get to properly practice). We're playing at Leicester Student Union on May 5th (where we'll be recording a live EP, and hopefully recording a few new songs the weekend after).

All About Eve
04-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Will the EP be sold in the states?

Andy
04-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Haha, not for a few years yet mate!

Obviously though, I'll send you the tracks as soon as I get them.

H1T_That
04-23-2006, 03:46 PM
cool sounds!, very original.

may i ask, how the fuck did you come up with that name? and what does it mean?

Andy
04-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Our bassist came up with it. Basically, it's the name given to the hoardes of Spanish dudes who went to (and took over) most of the South American countries back in the day...Which is why they all speak Spanish over there.

They conquered South America = Conquistadors.

I'm pretty sure if you Wikipedia it, you'll find evidence supporting my ramble.

Basically, we took the name because one of our first songs (Avé Maria) has Spanish lyrics in it.

Interesting, huh?

All About Eve
04-23-2006, 04:25 PM
I like your nickname, Conks.

Andy
04-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah, it's because it took me months to spell.

Anyway, we've almost had about 450 people add us in the last two days. Some good whoring there I think it must be admitted.

no_way
04-23-2006, 04:31 PM
the first one at the beggining sound a little... bad. but then it gets better. you should start it by some other way. that's my constructive critisism. but i liked it very much, you guys rock!!

PD: is that you on your avatar?

Andy
04-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Which one do you mean? Avé Maria? (with the drum intro that gets reprised in the outro?)

PD???

no_way
04-23-2006, 04:40 PM
no, actually the other one, that has actually no introduction

PD: (sorry, we use it in my country) aditional stuff we want to add on our post/letter/mail/etc

Andy
04-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Well I think I can see what you mean. We don't like it coming in so suddenly ourselves (whenever we play it I give us a 12 count into it, and on the recording we have a little keyboard intro.) The keyboard intro should be longer, we appreciate that - but it still has work to be done on it yet so that'll be fixed soon enough.

Oh, and if you were talking to me, then yes, that's me.

By the way, how many of you have myspace added us??

no_way
04-23-2006, 05:07 PM
By the way, how many of you have myspace added us??

what do you mean???

and where are you from?

Chris1990
04-23-2006, 10:56 PM
I like the first song Ave' Maria but the second I wasn't too keen on. But keep it up nice stuff.

Vera
04-24-2006, 12:12 AM
what do you mean???

and where are you from?
MySpace adding = adding someone as a friend on Myspace.

All About Eve
04-24-2006, 12:16 AM
I would like to say that Ave Maria is one of my favorite songs right now. The intro is awesome.

Jebus
04-24-2006, 01:03 AM
You named your band after the people who brutally murdered my ancestors, thus I refuse to comment on your music. Then again, I'm probably part Spanish as well so maybe I will.

offspringer24
04-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Hey, thanks for the comments guys. I may be unsure about what is meant by the Madness reference...Seeing as they were two-tone ska but it's always good hearing diverse opinions.

We've played at Scruffy Murphy's a couple of times (we got together a week before everybody went off to Uni, so we rarely get to properly practice). We're playing at Leicester Student Union on May 5th (where we'll be recording a live EP, and hopefully recording a few new songs the weekend after).
hey will try and make it if i can :D

Little_Miss_1565
04-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Fire your singer. Srsly. Everything else sounded pretty good.

Whoever said Gang of Four is wrong.

T-6005
04-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Your singer sounds alright on the chorus of Ave Maria, I thought. Or at least good enough.

I like that song. I really don't like the other because aside from a few moments every little bit, the vocalist sounds too tuneless.

Andy
04-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Shit, I didn't realise James' vocals were so, er, controversial (i can't think of the right word right now!)

But vocals aside, are we feeling love?

Thanks to everyone for checking us out by the way, the more people who do, and leave comments (whether they are good or bad) are appreciated.

Andy
04-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Hell no...Well, we can't, he's the guy who thinks up most of the ideas.

el_monkey
04-25-2006, 12:33 PM
hmyeah I pretty liked the first one if there very no vocals ( without singer )
coz I like that kind of ...psychedelic sound.
second one's also nice, but your singer sounds like if he sings lower than he normally does, so ...not so good (singer)
but big respect anyway

All About Eve
04-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Shit, I didn't realise James' vocals were so, er, controversial (i can't think of the right word right now!)

But vocals aside, are we feeling love?

The word is bad, sorry. Even with them you're feeling love.. just not godly love, if you know what I mean.

Jebus
04-25-2006, 10:33 PM
Fine, I'll respond.

DCD, drags on too much without really getting anything done. By the way it started, I was expecting him to explode sometime with a catchy chorus but it never happened. It just kept on going and going which made it boring fast since it was way too repetative. Not much progression happened. I think the song has potential to be good but it sounded as if a huge part of the song went missing.

Ave Maria was great. That drum groove with the bass playing over it at the beggining was awesome. I also enjoyed what the vocalist did, unlike this first song. Still, there were just some parts of the singing that annoyed me, mostly in the beggining. He sounded nasally at times and he didn't sound very natural when he was singing in that low tone in the intro.

T-6005
04-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Is there any way for him not to sing quite so low? It's just too low, he sounds bad - kind of toneless, kind of tuneless. Maybe bump it up a few keys or something?

Andy
04-26-2006, 06:49 AM
Hmm, well I'll try and have a word with him and see what he can do about it. I'll post up some live stuff soon so you can give a verdict on our live show.

(We're better live)

the_GoDdEsS
05-01-2006, 10:12 AM
I really liked the Ave Maria thingy. Sounded cool to me, that I could easily listen to it again, and maybe again... Well, you know. Was cool. And I did not enjoy the other one, something annoying about it.

Were there just two or am I too lazy/retarded to find out and listen to more?

Andy
05-07-2006, 05:45 AM
The other one (Drunken Cinema Debarkle) is probably annoying because it's a pretty bad recording. In fact, in the summer we're going to completely re-record it (in fact, I think we're going to record eveything properly).

And yeah, there are only two songs up there (we very rarely have the chance to get together because of University and such).

Anyway, we played a show in Leicester last night. Went fantastic, got heaps of pictures, but none of the promised audio (some dipshit forgot to bring the right cable to connect to the sound desk).

(lots of brackets)

Little_Miss_1565
05-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Fired your singer yet? ;)

Andy
05-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Haha, shuddup.

JoY
05-08-2006, 10:05 AM
me likes.=)

Andy
05-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Ftw.

(ten10)

JoY
05-08-2006, 11:44 AM
your band? I like the band.

Andy
05-08-2006, 04:38 PM
I always did say that you have Taste :p

Conspiracy of One
05-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I like it Andy, and I don't typically like alot of the bands I hear on Myspace. But yours is great.

All About Eve
05-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Myspace tends to add a few pounds, or so I've heard.

Andy
05-09-2006, 05:43 AM
That's accurate. I have many, many accounts.

Conspiracy Of One: Nice one buddy