PDA

View Full Version : Worst of your Top 10 (or 5)

JohnnyNemesis
04-22-2006, 09:35 PM
The idea behind this one is simple. Take 10 (or 5) of your favorite artists and list the song you hate most from them. Then, EXPLAIN WHY YOU DISLIKE THEM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. No simple lists, because no one in their right mind would ever want to read something so pointless.

If you want to be loose, just list any 10 (or 5) you like, and one of the songs you really hate, even if it's not the one you hate most. No ranking necessary.

I'll start, naturally. I can't rank my faves, so I'm just going with random ones I like. I'll go with 5 now, and maybe 5 again later if this thread turns out well.

1. The Offspring

Want You Bad - Oh my god, everything about this song is so annoying. The opening riffs are the least pleasant surprise ever. They're predictable, way too time-specific, and sound like something Simple Plan crapped out on to their living room floor. The lyrics don't help: they're not funny, insightful, or clever in any way, and Dexter sings them in the most annoying voice possible. A disaster.

2. Depeche Mode

A Photograph of You - Well, with over 200 songs, there are bound to be a few I don't care for (most of 1997's horrible Ultra album falls into this category). There are very few I actively dislike, however. 1982's "A Photograph of You" is the lone blemish on an otherwise FLAWLESS album: "A Broken Frame". Everything anyone was ever ashamed of when it came to Synth Pop, whether it be overt homoeroticism, annoying high pitched voicals, shallow beats, or whatever, is all in this brief track. A really bad song, period.

3. Pennywise

Salvation - Unfortunately, a lot of the "From The Ashes" album falls into this category. I chose "Salvation" because, as the fifth track of the album, it's the song that makes you go "okay, I've officially lost my patience with this fucking CD". "Waiting" and "Change my Mind" are awesome, but so much of this album is predictable. Whenever someone tells me that all PW sounds the same, I don't care because it all sounds good. "Salvation", on the other hand, just doesn't. It has the most predictable riffs and basslines, corny lyrics (I need your salvation rhymed with random other ations? CRAP ON DEES), and it's just...intolerable.

4. Jay-Z

Excuse Me Miss (Original) - ...GODDAMN THIS SHIT IS FUCKING ANNOYING. Pharell-mania is annoying enough, but this song is slow, drawn out, cheesy, and just a pain to listen to. Even worse, it was a huge hit. Ergh. NEXT!!!

5. Eminem

My Name Is - I just hate every song that comes out as the first single of his albums, and actually, most of his hits are trash. They're nothing like the REAL emcee I know he is. They're always watered down trash that doesn't show how amazing, what a genius this guy is. My Name Is set the standard for bullshit singles coming from a talented artist. Crapola.

Ninty Man
04-22-2006, 09:45 PM
The Offspring

Da hui- Da hui lyrics are just too repetitive and annoying, and that pain ass yelling just make me nearly burn Splinter album

Blink 182

Adam song- It's like hey!! we don't suck... well, this proofs that they sucks hell alot

RBD

Rebelde- It's a mexican group of pop, and the lyrics are so empty, trying to get someone a rude person, just for not get into the rules... yeah right

Molotov

Amateur- GOOD LORD OF HOLY TACOS OF TRIPA!! The entire album sux, but this song... god dammit, it's a bloody cover??? I don't think they get a cover of a good artist, in fact, maybe they just find this on a sewer

Reggaeton- Any latinamerican people in this forums will know what I'm talking about... that... "genre" it's so but so so so so so so painful, stupid, sexist, repetitive, empty, that piece of crap it's very popular

Jakebert
04-22-2006, 09:46 PM
1.) R.E.M.

Near Wild Heaven- It's just a really boring bubblegum pop song. It's just way too lightweight for a band like R.E.M., that even with their jokey songs, they still make some kind of point.

2.) the Descendents

Mass Nerder- It kind of bothers me that a band like the Descendents would be making a song with lyrics like this when most of the members were in their 30's when it was recorded. Milo is a professional chemist for God's sake, yet he's still writing a song about getting good grades and not wanting to be cool in class.

3.) Green Day

Wake Me Up When September Ends- I just cannot stand it. This song was annoying even before it started getting overplayed. It's just a plain dull song.

4.) Husker Du

Cat Farm- I'm all for experimentation and noise rock, but this song just doesn't work. The nonsense lyrics are kind of funny the first time you listen to it, but after that it kind of gets lame. Especially since it's placed on what is probably their best album.

5.) Bad Religion

No Substance- this song has some potential, but the overproduction leaves it feeling very flat. It's kind of ironic that they named it what they did, considering that the song is probably one of the 5 worst that they ever recorded.

JohnnyNemesis
04-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Aw shucks, I didn't mind the song No Substance. MEDIOCRE MINDS, off of that same album, however....HOLY OH MY GOD FUCK THAT SONG IS ONE OF THE MOST ANNOYING THINGS EVER EVER EVER EVER FUCK KILL ME

*stabs self until I'm dead a million times over*

0r4ng3
04-22-2006, 09:52 PM
I tried making extended explainations of why I picked the songs that I did, but I just couldn't. So, here's a basic list.

The Offspring - Want You Bad
- It's hard to pick a least favorite, but this one's ahead by lyrics.
Descendents - Days Are Blood
- They tried to be all metal and "deep", but it didn't work. No Descendents song should be 7+ minutes long.
Green Day - DUI
- This song's so bad, it didn't even make the B-sides compilation. 'nuff said.
Anti-Flag - No More Dead
- Holy shit Andy Flag's vocals suck, but this one seems to stand out the most.
Sum 41 - Slipping Away
- Wow, what a weak song from such a great album. I don't mind their slow songs, but this one annoys me.
Billy Talent - Line and Sinker
- I usually don't mind the screeching vocals, but this one made my ears bleed. Other than that, not much memorable about it.

There are many more favorite bands with bad songs, but I'm just not familiar enough with them to pick a least favorite. I'll probably add to this list later.

Jakebert
04-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Aw shucks, I didn't mind the song No Substance. MEDIOCRE MINDS, off of that same album, however....HOLY OH MY GOD FUCK THAT SONG IS ONE OF THE MOST ANNOYING THINGS EVER EVER EVER EVER FUCK KILL ME

I don't remember that song off hand because I really haven't listened to that album for a long time. Most of it kind of bores me, so I really really bring it out when I want to listen to "Hear It".

0r4ng3
04-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Hear It and The Same Person are the two songs that almost redeem the entire album. Almost.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
04-22-2006, 09:57 PM
I like the idea, I had to go with some favorite bands with songs that I couldn't stand rather than just my top 5 bands and their worst song. And alot may disagree with me on my picks, but it is just an opinion.

- The Offspring

Long Way Home: I've learned to love most Offspring songs that I didn't like in the first place. To me, it just didn't seem like they had a real song going on when you listen to it. Nothing fits well in it.

- Stereophonics

Devil: This song I hated at first and I could like it at some point, but it might take a while. The song is too "commercial", like the only success it might have is in, well, a commercial. It sounds boring and doesn't fit in with the Stereophonics I love.

- Sum 41

Summer: Sum 41 can put out some good music. I don't like this track because it was too far in the pop genre. The whole CD was a little bit more on the pop side but this went farther than all of them. I just can't stand it.

- Korn

Ball Tongue: This follows "Blind" and it really bugs me. You go from a really awesome song to this. I think this song flat out sucks. It can get repetetive and stop being music.

- AC/DC

Big Balls: The song got some popularity pretty much because of the title and what it's about. Sure, it is funny and interesting. Otherwise, the song is horrible. Just awful. A 5th grader could write it.

All About Eve
04-22-2006, 09:57 PM
All the songs I like r tru punx nd g8. All 17 of them.

But anyways...

Better than Ezra - It's Only Natural : decent song.. except not really. It sounds like they were trying to do something different with it, and get away from their normal, good style, but failed to make anything out of it.

Dream Theater - Sacrificed Sons : I would probably like it more if it were on a different album, but it is no where near their greatest, and the fact that it's so out of place on this album, mixed with how great the others on the album are... I just don't like it.

Lucky Boys Confusion - You Weren't There : I love the chorus, but the verses and intro kind of kill the song, make it easier to skip.

R.E.M. - Nightswimming : Now don't get me wrong, it's a good song. Just hearing it so much, and how much people love it and how different they think they are for hearing/loving it.. blah!
and just to be fair...
R.E.M. - Sad Professor : If it weren't so boring, it'd be great, but the fact is, it's totally ZZZ inducing.

Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Day, Reckoning Night : Normally I wouldn't choose a minute long interlude, but the fact that it's the title track, and it is still a minute long interlude, makes me hate it. It's boring, and when there could be a masterpiece for a title track, it's a minute long interlude. I can't stress that enough.

Jakebert
04-22-2006, 10:03 PM
R.E.M. - Sad Professor : If it weren't so boring, it'd be great, but the fact is, it's totally ZZZ inducing.

Really? It's one of my favorites on Up. I like the mood it creates.

All About Eve
04-22-2006, 10:05 PM
I've only heard the live version, on Unplugged. I might like the album version better, but don't have it.

Jakebert
04-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah, the unplugged version is really dull sounding. The album version is a lot better because it sounds a lot more atmospheric. It really creates the mood of the song perfectly.

All About Eve
04-22-2006, 10:15 PM
A lot of Unplugged is dull, actually. I'll be sure to give it another shot when/if I got the album. I got Green for like 5 dollars yesterday though.

Jakebert
04-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah, unplugged didn't do a good job when it came to showcasing Up and Reveal. The older stuff sounded great though. I love the unplugged version of Cuyahoga.

Green isn't my favorite R.E.M. album, but I love "World Leader Pretend" and "You Are the Everything".

All About Eve
04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Eh, I don't absolutely love it to death, but it's an old R.E.M., and was five dolalrs, so why not.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Lucky Boys Confusion - You Weren't There : I love the chorus, but the verses and intro kind of kill the song, make it easier to skip.
:( :confused: Dude, I LOVE that song. I fucking adore the drum and bass verses with that repeating Chicago-jazz piano chord and Stubhy's voice growling over it, AND the noisy bridge with the Stubhster screaming his fucking lungs out and the laser-siren noises and the scratchy guitars and bass. Bah.

I'll do 5.

Sponge
"Drag Queens of Memphis." Wahs teh fcuk. This just... no. It doesn't work, with its trailer-park-country sound and slide guitars and Vinnie's "a-HOOOOOOOO" wailing. But the thing is, Sponge later prove that that wasn't even the problem with this song, because they fucking MASTERED the same kind of song with "Lucifer in Las Vegas." The problem was that it was just a stupid, poorly written, boring song.

Lucky Boys Confusion
"Blame." It's not really that it's bad, it just doesn't stand out at all. It took me at least 5 listens through the album before I could remember what this song sounded like off the top of my head. Also, sometimes LBC make their lyrics too personal and specific, on an "I-really-don't-give-a-fuck-about-your-stupid-life, or-stupid-little-fucked-up-friends" level, and this song is the pinnacle of that shortcoming.

Foo Fighters
I could actually name quite a few from them that don't stack up, but I'll choose "Burn Away" just because it's so uncaptivating and bland. I just don't understand how Grohl or anyone involved with the recording of this song could possibly listen to it and be satisfied.

Minus the Bear
"The Game Needed Me." I almost like the fact that it isn't good, because it's the opening track on Menos El Oso and the songs just keep getting better for a while. But, it's still boring. The beat was kinda cool the first couple times I listened to it, but it grew to be just really annoying. The song just doesn't go anywhere. This is the weakest opening track this side of, well, every single Green Day album. Man,Green Day consistently have terrible opening tracks. But that's for another rant.

The Offspring
I dislike many Offspring songs now, but I'll mention "Race Against Myself" for its uncanny combination of terrible music and lyrics. It lacks any of the distinction the Offspring normally have in their sound, and yet at the same time it's horribly unoriginal when compared with other popular radio music. The lyrics are horribly cliched and consist of "NO MORE HOPE FOR BETTER DAYZ" type of whining and crying.

JohnnyNemesis
04-23-2006, 12:23 AM
*cough* No Substance is one of my favorite BR albums, despite having a few of their worst songs (Mediocre Minds, Sowing the Seeds of Utopia). "Hear It", "Victims of the Revolution", "The Same Person", "Strange Denial", "At The Mercy of Imbeciles", and ESPECIALLY "In So Many Ways" are all such phenomenal songs...

Autonomist
04-23-2006, 01:03 AM
The Offspring

Want You Bad - Oh my god, everything about this song is so annoying. The opening riffs are the least pleasant surprise ever. They're predictable, way too time-specific, and sound like something Simple Plan crapped out on to their living room floor. The lyrics don't help: they're not funny, insightful, or clever in any way, and Dexter sings them in the most annoying voice possible. A disaster.

And fuck you for saying it first!

Metallica

Ain't My Bitch - Despite what people are always usually saying about the album "Load", I think it's great. It's not the style of Metallica that I love the most, but if you overlook that I still think there's a great album there with some great songs, "Hero of the Day" and "Bleeding Me" for example. "Ain't My Bitch" just isn't one of the worst songs ever, it's one of the worst things ever. It's literally one of the worst things we as the human race has created. The lyrics (http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Ain't-My-Bitch-lyrics-Metallica/69962A8F69D9687B4825688D00345E9D) are stupid, stupid enough to be worthy of Limp Bizkit, and the whole instrumental of the song just puts me off, particularly the drums.

Bad Religion

Slumber - I was never a big fan of the album "Stranger Than Fiction", but while it might not have been their best most of the stuff on it was listenable at least. "Slumber" is different from your average Bad Religion song, and I don't have a problem with them doing something different but this sounds so forced, as if they realised how similar all their songs were and rushed to do something a bit different so they could refer to it as variety. Plus, at 10 tracks in on an album so mediocore, this isn't what you want to hear. The lyrics aren't great either.

Guns N' Roses

Coma - Songs as long as ten minutes usually tend to go to direction of really fucking good or absolutely horrible and unlistenable. Coma falls into this category, there's nothing about it at all that hooks you in like most great GN'R songs. It's an annoying song, and while they've had their fair share of these in their career, none of them have been over ten minutes at least.

Nirvana

Territorial Pissings - In my opinion, this is the only bad song on "Nevermind". One thing I hate about Nirvana fans is how they always preach that each of their songs has some secret meaning, particularly with the hidden track on In Utero. Just because the singer ate lead doesn't mean that he was some kind of sensitive genius who left clues about what he was going to do in his art. "Territorial Pissings" isn't catchy at all, it's made almost unlistenable by how Cobain sings it, and the lyrics are stupid and don't appear to be really about anything.

All About Eve
04-23-2006, 03:07 AM
:( :confused: Dude, I LOVE that song. I fucking adore the drum and bass verses with that repeating Chicago-jazz piano chord and Stubhy's voice growling over it, AND the noisy bridge with the Stubhster screaming his fucking lungs out and the laser-siren noises and the scratchy guitars and bass. Bah.
I just can't stand the verses. Over half the song is magnificent, but just that one part, eurgh.

*list*
Do you branch out at ALL with music?

wheelchairman
04-23-2006, 03:30 AM
I liked the song Slumber a lot. Stranger than Fiction was the first Bad Religion album I bought.

The Smashing Pumpkins
It's hard to choose. But it would probably come from Mellon Collie. The final tracks on both cds are pretty annoying. I've never ever liked James Iha as a singer, they just shouldn't allow him to do it. And I can't remember the name of it, but there is another song on the album where the Protagonist is a stalker, and that song is also terrible.

Alternatively, Billy Corgan alone, his worst song is definitely All Things Change. The lyrics are unbelievably cheasy. Thank god the rest of the album doesn't follow the pattern. The final lines "We can change the world." grah. Terrible.

Bob Dylan
Rainy Day Women #12 and 35, this song is just annoying. We expect good lyrics from Bob Dylan time and time again, that's what we expect. And then we get this? Sure "stoned" might be interchangeable with words like dumped, or whatever, but it's still a stupid song.

Belle and Sebastian
Their spoken word songs. They should stick with singing, they really really should.

Bad Religion
Suffer would be the worst. Actually the entire album is pretty miserable, I really dislike it. But since I don't remember any of the tracks individually, I'm singling out the title track. Miserable!

Danko Jones
When Will I See You Again. It's not a bad song, it's just in total atmospheric contrast to the rest of his songs on the album. And I don't like that. Also half his songs are about not having girlfriends or hating them, and then this one is about missing your girlfriend. It's a little lack of consistency. I don't actually hate it though, I just needed a song to dislike by him.

offspring fan
04-23-2006, 04:16 AM
Offspring
Hit That. i relly hate that song. i dont like the sound efects in the song either.

Foo Fighters
in your honor disc 2. all of the songs on that disc is just relly boring.

Rage Against The Machine
Maria. i just cant get in to this song like i can with the other songs.

Nirvana
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter. i hate the intro. its relly iritating. and the singing too.

Pearl Jam
Black. that is a relly boring song...

Mentally_Challenged
04-23-2006, 05:23 AM
System Of A Down

Chic 'N' Stu - Way to start an album. This song could be good if It consisted of of more than pie, shouting about pie, what goes on top of pie, therapy... And if there was more variety in the actual music. I swear there's about 3 notes in that song. Ok, maybe more than that. But still...

NOFX

Linoleum - A few people have called me nothing short of crazy for disliking this song, but it's just never stood out for me. It's repetitive and generally boring in my eyes.

Rammstein

Ohne Dich - Never have liked it and never will. It's the only song from Reise, Reise that I despise. It just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the album. As strange as it may sound, it just seems to be too gentle.

Green Day

Give Me Novacaine - Ok, so i'm not a huge fan of Green Day really, but this song really gets on my tripe. I don't even know how to describe it; it's just so depressing. It's like Green Day trying to go emo and just making a total mess out of it.

Deftones

When Girls Telephone Boys - Noise. The vocals are just up down left right and centre... they're 'orrid. The music has nothing to it; it's just repetitive, boring, unoriginal, dismal, etc etc. Evil song.

Andy
04-23-2006, 05:43 AM
The Living End - Closing In.

It's at the end of their eponymous debut CD, and I just can't stand it. To me it seems like Chris Cheney has thought, "OK, I'm great at playing guitar, so let's have a three-minute instrumental track at the end of the album." It feels so out of place when you're listening to their stuff, just uncharacteristicly vain. That - and half way though, the drums sound out of time.

Weezer - Undone (The Sweater Song)

OK, don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic song, and when I first got the Blue Album I was mildly addicted to it - but that's the problem. I listened to it so much that I really can't bear to listen to it any more. That's my reason.

Foo Fighters - February Stars.

Dull. Just, dull.

Alkaline Trio - Clavicle.

It's the age old story of a song that reminds me of someone I'd rather not be reminded of. Move on.

...I can't think of a fifth at the moment. I'll sort it out later on.

Betty
04-23-2006, 06:35 AM
The Offspring
I dislike many Offspring songs now, but I'll mention "Race Against Myself" for its uncanny combination of terrible music and lyrics. It lacks any of the distinction the Offspring normally have in their sound, and yet at the same time it's horribly unoriginal when compared with other popular radio music. The lyrics are horribly cliched and consist of "NO MORE HOPE FOR BETTER DAYZ" type of whining and crying.

I seriously, seriously dislike this song. It's up there with Nickelback et al. A couple Offspring songs I'm not a huge fan of but this one takes the cake for just breaking my heart. It's such a terrible attempt at a rock song. And it disappoints me that so many fans like it. Give me Worst Hangover or Pretty Fly ANY DAY.

0r4ng3
04-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Bad Religion
Suffer would be the worst. Actually the entire album is pretty miserable, I really dislike it. But since I don't remember any of the tracks individually, I'm singling out the title track. Miserable!
That's one of my favorites.

t3h s4dz. :(

Jakebert
04-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Offspring
Foo Fighters

What? That's the best disc of the 2.

Also for the Foo Fighters, I'd like to add anything off of "One By One" to the list. That album is sooo boring.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-23-2006, 10:29 AM
I actually started to write a post with my least favourite songs from my favourite artists, but then I realised, after I had written about one song, that that was the only song I could come up with. I thought of other songs, but as I started listening to them again, I realised that they aren't really bad. They're good. Ahh.... I luv ma muzikk. (except for Manowar's Hatred, which was the song I wrote about, but I don't feel like explaining why I dislike it again. Let's just say it's too long, uninteresting, lame, boring, and it just goes on and on and on and on... and when you think it's over, the chorus comes in once again.)

mrconeman
04-23-2006, 10:52 AM
The Offspring
Theres a few to choose from here. But I'll have to go with Pretty Fly (for a white guy) if this song hadnt been a single and did what it did to the band I wouldnt hate it so much, in fact I may even like it, its not the song thats utterly terrible, its what it did to them, People need to get the fact that its a joke, a once upon a time funny joke, untill it was out-played to death and taken seriously by utter morons

Pink Floyd
The Gnome. What the fuck?, acid anyone?

The Darkness
Girlfriend. I do like this band quite a bit, but the second album was majorly disapointing, and this song pretty much sums up why. over produced, under-written garbage. His voice is listenable in small doses, but this song is sang entirely in that high picthed voice and its just not a good song at all, the key-tar synth crap should have died in the 80's.

Ozzy Osbourne
No bone movies. Filler, its not a bad song really, I dont usually skip over it, but on an album filled with songs that are amazing, this song just falls behind.

Iron Maiden
Face in The Sand. If it was any other metal band, I would have taken this song lightly, but because its Maiden thats different. They changed themselvs a little to much for my liking on the Dance of Death album (not that there arent some brilliant tracks on there, Pashendale and DoD the title track) but it just doesnt stand up to previous works, as well as it could have, what annoys me though, its a deleberate attempt to change themselvs. I mean thats not always a bad thing, but it just didnt work on this album, Maiden are the kind of band that should stick to their guns.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Offspring
Hit That. i relly hate that song. i dont like the sound efects in the song either.

Foo Fighters

Rage Against The Machine
Maria. i just cant get in to this song like i can with the other songs.

Pearl Jam
Black. that is a relly boring song...
I hate you for all these choices. Especially Black, which I happen to be listening to right now. WTF, WHO HATES THAT SONG???????

XYlophonetreeZ
04-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Also, I must say this is the first time I've heard this expression:
really gets on my tripe.
I think I like it.

jacknife737
04-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Danko Jones
When Will I See You Again. It's not a bad song, it's just in total atmospheric contrast to the rest of his songs on the album. And I don't like that. Also half his songs are about not having girlfriends or hating them, and then this one is about missing your girlfriend. It's a little lack of consistency. I don't actually hate it though, I just needed a song to dislike by him.

ha, thats one of my favourite songs off that album, but your right about it not fitting with the other tracks.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-23-2006, 04:54 PM
5. Iron Maiden - The Angel and the Gambler

Now, I suppose this is a little unfair because this was written in the Blaze Bailey era, and the less said about that the better. But still, it's just awful. Terrible. Musically it's boring and unoriginal, and lyrically it's the same line repeated nearly 40 times. I counted.

4. Queensryche - Queen of the Reich

Now this here's bad. I thought it was good when I first heard Queensryche, but now I've heard the rest, it's just.. mediocre. Boring, dull metal. And the video's atrocious.

3. Primus - Shake Hands With Beef

Another one I used to like but have swiftly got bored of. Oh man, it's just dull. Brain's drumming doesn't suit it at all, and the music has no.. buzz. Primus music always has a kick, a buzz, that sets it apart and makes it fun to listen to. This has nothing like that.

2. Megadeth - She-wolf

Certainly not boring, but certainly bad. It just doesn't gel, it doesn't go together. It's about 3 different songs haphazardly glued together and it just doesn't work. It's a shame, because Cryptic Writings is 100% awesome EXCEPT for this song.

1. Kamelot - The Inquisitor

If this song was actually produced properly it might have been alright. But it's not. It's awful and I refuse to speak more of it.

Thomas
04-23-2006, 05:04 PM
1- The Offspring- Want You Bad

By far their worst song. Bad lyrics. Bad sound. Bad Purpose. Just a very very bad song.

2- SOAD- Lonely Day

Terrible terrible lyrics, even to SOAD's standards. If it weren't for the lyrics, it wouldn't be so bad. Ironically, it is playing in my sterio right now. X_X

3- Blink-182- Josie

Tom can't sing. 'nuff said.

4- Beatie Boys- Shake Your Rump

Too boring and repetitive. I don't think I need to say much on this, either.

5- Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine- Baby Got back

I don't know what it is about this song. I don't know if it's that I don't like the original at all or if I don't like his version. There is just something about this song that makes me hit the skip button.

jacknife737
04-23-2006, 08:09 PM
4- Beatie Boys- Shake Your Rump

Too boring and repetitive. I don't think I need to say much on this, either.

your wrong.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-23-2006, 08:12 PM
His wrong what?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
04-23-2006, 08:15 PM
I'll help him out.

*You're

Mr. Noodles
04-23-2006, 08:32 PM
I hate you for all these choices. Especially Black, which I happen to be listening to right now. WTF, WHO HATES THAT SONG???????
I agree!
I love Black!
It's one of Pearl Jam's best songs.

JohnnyNemesis
04-23-2006, 09:36 PM
I agree. Black is a complete masterpiece. Everything about that song is fucking perfect.

Mr. Noodles
04-23-2006, 09:42 PM
I agree. Black is a complete masterpiece. Everything about that song is fucking perfect.
The music and vocals match the song's tone and message perfectly.
When I first heard it, I was absolutely amazed by Ed Vegger's voice and I still am.

- -Lauren- -
04-26-2006, 06:45 PM
The Offspring - Pretty Fly For A White Guy
I don't have anything really against any of their other songs but this one...mmm no. I hate the "give it to me baby" part, because it is just disturbing and annoying as hell, Dexter seems to be excessively yelling, and frankly, it is just so different from anything else that you would think it was done by...any crap artist. It probably disgraced many hardcore fans when it first came out.

Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot
Yeah, I don't like Beast and the Harlot. The intro is too long, the song doesn't make any sense, and I've heard it waaaay too much.

My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
Way too different and way too poppy. The guitars seem to be a bit more upbeat and not as metal-ish (ish.) as Thank You For The Venom and Hang 'Em High, which I love. It slows down, then suddenly screams. Leading into the scream is more appealing.

System of a Down - B.Y.O.B
Serj is just...odd here. With the "lalalalalalalalala...hooo" and talking about tablecloths...I tend to really wonder what he was on when he sang this song.

Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends
I used to like this song. A lot. Until it became incredibly overplayed. Then I thought about how repetitive the lyrics were too, and the guitars were quite bland. Nice going, Billie. Another overplayed repetitive song from American Idiot.

Apathy
04-26-2006, 07:05 PM
3- Blink-182- Josie

Tom can't sing. 'nuff said.

Tom only sings one line in that entire song. Mark sings the other 90%.
Josie is probably one of the only Blink songs I like. I agree that Tom is horrible at singing, but you could have picked a song that hey, you know, actually sings in.

Corpse
07-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Sorry to bump a 2 month old thread. I don't see the point however in starting a new thread.

Metallica - St Anger
The whole album was rubbish, but this song right here just really put a doubt in everybody's mind as to where Metallica were going. It was annoying, more repetive than needed, and made me skip it everytime I heard it. It doesn't help that this song went huge with none hardcore Metallica fans. Luckily, after hearing 'New Song' at Download, they are moving away from St Anger, back to the Black Album, Master of the Puppets days.

Green Day - Whatsername
This song was so poor that they couldn't even afford to put a decent name to the song. (Yes, I know it is a part of the song, but still...) I thought American Idiot was a good album, but this just dampened my liking towards the album. It is definately a song to listen to if you can't get to sleep.

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Guarenteed, you will be thinking what the fuck is he on about? Well, I happen to like nearly every song by Nirvana. This is a song that I may listen to now and again, but I can't listen to it very often. It just gets boring fairly quickly, and there are other Nirvana songs I can listen to and like more.

The Offspring - Original Prankster
This song to me just doesn't sound like a song Offspring should do. It is Pop/Punk, not Punk/Rock. The lyrics are awful in my opinion, and the only thing that does the song justice is the guitaring by Noodles.

Eminem - The Real Slim Shady
Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear. This song to me is the worst song he has done. Hell, I prefer Ken Kaniff over this. It just straight up irritates me.

Harnum
07-01-2006, 08:46 AM
i don't really listen to a lot more than offspring related stuff (old punk) and i cant really find anything wrong with it.. but there is one offspring song....

Hit That - AARGH! he cheesy computerized sounds make me wanna puke. I never liked this song from the first time i leistened to it. The vocals (in my opinion) aren't up to par either. Overall... i just hate it... so much!

Jakebert
07-01-2006, 10:24 AM
I just want to say that I really like this thread. Good idea and nothing but interesting posts. Good work, guys.

coke_a_holic
07-01-2006, 10:46 AM
1. The Clash - The entire Cut the Crap album for obvious reasons.

2. Led Zeppelin

3. Primus - Spegetti Western

This song is way too long for a repetitive and vocal-less track. Well, Les occasionally goes "Stoned, stoned again," but I just don't really like this song. They have much better stuff and don't have to resort to playing the same thing over and over again for 5:45.

4. Streetlight Manifesto - If and When we Rise to our Feet Again:

For some reason I just don't like this song very much. It's not a bad song, but it's right after Point/Counterpoint before Giving Up, Giving In... It's just a weak track that could be better with different lyrics and some different set-ups. I love the sax solo, but that was probably the only reason I would listen to it, and it's tucked away into the song... Basically, why should I bother listening to a weak track when it's sandwiched between two of the best songs on the record?

5. Pink Floyd - On the Run

Does anyone actually enjoy hearing the keyboard go up and down so dully with just the pitter-patter of a highhat in the background?

Uh, that's it. I can't think of a song by Led Zeppelin I actively dislike, but I probably will soon.

T-6005
07-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Ash - Any song off of the Nu-Clear Sounds album. Meltdown was a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned, but the other.... absolutely horrible.

Calogero - Aussi Libre Que Moi. I've always loved Calogero's stuff, and this is pretty much the only song by him that I've actively disliked. It just seems so... un-heartfelt.

Flashlight Brown - A Freak. I can't say why I don't like this song, I'll admit.

Kyo - Omega. These guys have a great pop-rock sound, and they've even got a bit of variety to it, but this... this is just that done too over-the-top and in the wrong way. It's just an intro, but still - it makes the entire album sound pretentious.

Sugarcult - What You Say. I hate this song.

All of these bands are pretty much lighter pop-punk, but they're all I could think of.

mrconeman
07-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Ash - Any song off of the Nu-Clear Sounds album. Meltdown was a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned, but the other.... absolutely horrible.
I love you.

JohnnyNemesis
07-01-2006, 11:32 AM
I just want to say that I really like this thread. Good idea and nothing but interesting posts. Good work, guys.

Yeah, not to sound like even more of an asshole or anything, but I'm definitely proud of this thread.

Yatesy
07-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Lacuna Coil-Swamped
"Destiny..." thats my cue to press the stop or skip button immediately. I mean he can't sing but at least with other tracks Cristina's vocals can sort of blank it out but with this song, he does lead and it's really really really bad and didn't really help me get into this band.

Foo Fighters-Burn Away
Being my favourite band ever, it's really hard for me to say I hate this song but it's so true. I mean One by One wasn't exactly a masterpiece but this is just bland to that albums standards alone. Worst song off their worst album.

Stone Temple Pilots-Art School Girl
My first thoughts after hearing this was what the hell was that!? It really is just poor in every way, at least it didn't make it's way on any of the first 2 albums.

Madonna-American Life
Madonna rapping.....that's just plain WRONG!

Children Of Bodom-Rebel Child
I dunno if covers count but man this cover really is bad. It ruins what was an excellent album, I instantly jump to the stop button as soon as it comes on.

Muse-Sing For Absolution
This is just bad, Muse's one and only mistake and it has to be this bad! :(

Apathy
07-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Problem with threads like these, is if I don't already know that the person has a decent taste in music, I just skip over their posts. I'm a fucker, I know.

Big D and The Kids Table - (We All Have To) Burn Something

Not really sure. The song just bothers me. From the moment I heard the album, I couln't stop listenting to any of the songs, except this one. I get bored when I try to listen to it.

I Voted For Kodos - I wish I was Aaron

I don't like Reel Big Fish that much. Pretty much all there is to it.

Nofx - Johnny Appleseed

This is an interesting song. It's decent, but I just can't stand the vocals. I usually don't care what the singer sounds like as long as it fits good with the song, but urgh.

Suicide Machines - Beat My Head Against The Wall

Beat My Head Against the wall... against the wall.. .against the wall. Beat My head against the wall. Has anyone else heard this? It gets a little repetitive.

Streetlight Manifesto - Kristina She Don't Know I Exist

I love every other song this band has released. Every single one. Not just I like them. I Love them. I've memorized them all, and they're all great. No matter how many people tell me they like this one, I just... don't. People tell me the lyrics are great, the song is beautiful.... I just don't think so. The lyrics seem like they written by any pop-punk band with some teenage angst. It may be beautiful, but It just takes too long to get going for me.

JohnnyNemesis
07-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Stone Temple Pilots-Art School Girl

YES! What the FUCK were they thinking with this one?! I canNOT understand!

Short_Attention_Span
07-01-2006, 07:51 PM
The Offspring--"Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)": The whole "give it to me baby" thing, is just annoying. The lyrics are pretty bad. It makes me cringe.

Foo Fighters--"The Last Song": The chorus is annoying.

Bad Religion--"Infected": I don't really know why I don't like this song. It just bothers me.

Led Zeppelin--"Whole Lotta Love": The bridge where it's just guitar effects and noises/screams from Robert Plant, bugs me.

The Dead Kennedys--"The Prey": This song just bugs. It's kind of dull...
________
Drugtest (http://drugtestingkit.org)

Mr. Noodles
07-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Bad Religion--"Infected": I don't really know why I don't like this song. It just bothers me.
Wow, I'm shocked that you don't like Infected! It's one of my favorite Bad Religion songs.

JohnnyNemesis
07-02-2006, 11:08 AM

I'm with you on this one. It's a catchy song, but I really find it annoying. It's way too overproduced, the chorus is way too "even", and ... it's just not a good song.

Jakebert
07-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Agreed. With the exception of Infected, Stranger than Fiction is one of my favorite Bad Religion albums, but that song just annoys me so much.

jacknife737
07-02-2006, 11:44 AM
HA, thats my favourite Bad Religion song.

Come out and smash'em up!
07-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Autonimist you are weird! Ain't my bitch is IMO the best song on load the lyrics aren't bad! and Territorial pissing is also great even thou it isn't the best song on the album.

Children of bodom don't have song called rebel child, it is rebel yell... and i think it isn't in any album.

The Offspring:She got issues: terrible lyrics, terrible instrumentaly.

Nirvana:Paper cuts: it just sucks instumentaly

MetallicaLow mans lyrics: too long, lyrics, singing, slow

Children of bodom Mask of sanity: boring

SOAD Jet pilot: If u listen to it you will realize!

Yatesy
07-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Children of bodom don't have song called rebel child, it is rebel yell... and i think it isn't in any album.

Damn, you're right, damn typos! It's a bonus track on the English version of Are You Dead Yet?

pretty fly 88
07-02-2006, 06:31 PM
1.The Ramones-Swallow My Pride
I love The Ramones, but that song is just annoying. It sounds like a rip off their old song, "Beat On The Brat," and it's just not that good. Very annoyingly sung. Their newer stuff is better than their older stuff.
2.Aerosmith-Don't Want To Miss A Thing
Overall, Aerosmith's older stuff is better than their newer stuff. I love Aerosmith, but this song is just kinda sad in my opinion. They got worse and worse at writing ballads as their career went along.
3.Stone Temple Pilots-Days Of The Week
Very poorly sung, compared to their other songs. It sounds like it was written in 5 minutes. The Stone Temple Pilots started out great, but got worse and worse as their career went along.
4.Offspring-When You're In Prison
This song is just so retarded, it makes me want to throw up. Bad lyrics, bad singing, bad idea. I don't know why they did this.
5. Weezer- Island In The Sun
I know a lot of people love this song, but I hate it. It does get easier to listen to the more you listen to it, but it's my least favorite Weezer song, and I have every album except Maladroit. The opening guitar riff and the chants of "hip, hip" used to make me want to throw up. If you love it, fine. But don't attack anyone that doesn't like it.

There, freshly edited. I'm sorry I didn't read this thread very closely last night.

pretty fly 88
07-02-2006, 06:37 PM
The Offspring--"Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)": The whole "give it to me baby" thing, is just annoying. The lyrics are pretty bad. It makes me cringe.

Foo Fighters--"The Last Song": The chorus is annoying.

Led Zeppelin--"Whole Lotta Love": The bridge where it's just guitar effects and noises/screams from Robert Plant, bugs me.

Yeah, and also the intro to Pretty Fly was stolen from Def Leppard. But that Foo Fighters song? I like the chorus. I saw them live before the album came out, and I thought that song was awesome. The Foo Fighters are awesome live, by the way, in case you've never seen them. And, yeah, the bridge to "Whole Lotta Love" is WAY too long and boring, but I always loved the rest of that song, I wouldn't consider it an all time worst.

mrconeman
07-02-2006, 06:41 PM
1.Pink Floyd-Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Pink Floyd's music is so quiet that whenever one of their songs is played on the radio, you don't even realize the radio is on(unless you have it turned all the way up). Or when you have a Pink Floyd CD in, you really have to listen cloesly. That's what I never liked about Pink Floyd. But this song? It has 7 parts. 7 PARTS! Who the hell wants 7 parts to a song!?!? More than 3 is too many.

I'm sorry, but you're a retard.

pretty fly 88
07-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Foo Fighters-Burn Away[/b]
Being my favourite band ever, it's really hard for me to say I hate this song but it's so true. I mean One by One wasn't exactly a masterpiece but this is just bland to that albums standards alone. Worst song off their worst album.

[Muse-Sing For Absolution
This is just bad, Muse's one and only mistake and it has to be this bad! :(
Yeah, Burn Away is my least favorite song on One By One, although I wouldn't quite agree that it's their worst album. In my opinion, There Is Nothing Left To Lose was a worse album. I really only like the first 3 songs on that album. And while I never really was crazy about the Muse song, I thought they had worse songs, like "Apocalypse Please."

pretty fly 88
07-02-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry, but you're a retard.
Well, you can have your opinion, but would you mind saying why you feel that way? I already explained my opinion, and it's pretty stupid to call someone a retard for no reason. There is no rule saying that everybody has to like Pink Floyd.

JoY
07-03-2006, 03:54 AM
I have difficulties finding an Offspring I like (now that's just not true), so I won't even go there.

I'm an annoying person - probably more annoying than any song I will mention. as soon as I hear a sucky song, no matter how much I like the band, every other song by the same artist is stained. I can't be a fan of a band that produced one terrible song, because I hear those cheesy overused lyrics, dull beats, uncreative melody & annoying use of voice in every next song I'll listen to.

this is pretty much why I'm not a total "fan" of any band, except Racoon, to who I'm totally faithful. my biggest challenge would be to point out one bad song by them, because I'm totally 100% biased when it comes to them & love every note they produce. would they drastically change, or produce a song I absolutely hate, it'd be such a major turn off, I'd probably lose my enthousiasm for them too.

I hope I'm not like this in other aspects & that this limits itself to bands, but I'm already fairly certain that isn't the case.

Racoon - Happy Family
oh sweeties, I know you're a naive, happy, cheery band & that you like to sing about issues in a way that you try to brush them away, like; "no, stop that, don't devorce, we should all just get along!" that's probably why they use the word "just" a lot (which I do too), to take away pressure & gravity of matters that simply are rather fucking serious.

lyrics wise it's the cheesiest thing I've heard, though no other band would happily sing "it'd be nice if we could all just sit together" with the melody of a supercheery song. almost every one of their songs is supercheery, but this one creates an entire new definition of cheery. the kind with a forced a smile from ear to ear that gives you cramp & spasms in your jaws & facial muscles.
no really, singing you want to fly while drunk worked a whole lot better for you guys than this.

No Doubt - Hey Baby
in the days of Tragic Kingdom they sincerely could do nothing wrong with me. I sincerely fell in love head over heels. my brother bought the cd & I used to steal it all the time & then he'd get it back & punch me for it, untill one fine day he forgot about it & never asked it back. I still have it & still love it.

BUT, they tried to do this messed up transformation after those days to be taken "seriously" in the very unserious scene of popmusic or whatever & produced a couple of songs that pissed me off to no end. Hey Baby doesn't only fall under this category, it defines the category. some kind of gasta shit with forced mixed in flavours of stuff they know & do best. "ALL THE BOYS SAY!", dude.. "All the boys get the girls in the back [echo; back back]!". & we should like this song, why? "there's no need to be acting shady", I don't know where you dug up that nigga, but No Doubt, that's good advice right there.

they took the advice, though. there was a period they just couldn't steal a second of my attention & then newer songs were produced with an old flavour. songs like Underneath it All. I'm totally bored with that song now, though, so it's still nothing like they used to produce. but that song cought my attention for a brief moment like a boomerang finally coming back to me. my love for them never fully recovered, though.

Krezip - Don't You Feel Afraid
now this is a band whose every move I adored. their Dutch accent (the area in the Netherlands they come from has a funny accent), their Dutch accent in English, their naivity, the trembling jazzy low imperfect voice of Jacqueline, their idealism, the subjects they dared to sing about, when they were hardly hitting puberty....

they produced this tru punx, uberwrong, extremely cute demo, that obviously interested a record company. a cd was brought on the market & it became incredibly popular in the Netherlands. finally they were discovered. Krezip's feet weren't just bowed to, they were kissed & licked. they were a bunch of teenagers on a roll. they were asked & invited to play on every festival, it was the end of free concerts. I was thrilled for them.

they lost the interest of the crowd slowly but surely after that. like a one day fly, forgotten real easily. but I hadn't forgotten about them. a new cd came in stores & I immediately bought it. but what's this? they used to sing about mothers in Third World countries selling their kids to Western rich pedo's & now..? "got trapped in, got trapped inside, it cought me, it cought mmeeee!" & a massive collection of love songs. just cheesy anxious shit, not to mention all the relations gone bad they sang about, without ever having had the priviledge of experiencing a true relationship.

the whole cd is a mix of puberty & an attempt at life lessons the record company tried to force on them. it was difficult picking a song (especially because this band still has a massive sentimental value & I'm still tempted to say I can enjoy this musical effort of horror), but this one makes the nomination; "Don't You Feel Afraid, there's no need to", they sing to others about issues they obviously don't know about. about pseudo depression, anxiety & here's what they have to say about it; "let it go!"

not to mention they lost all originality & someone's obviously been screwing with their music. Krezip was untamed, a bunch of kids, rebels growing up with an ideology as everyone else to better the world. the Dutch accent in English? gone. (though the use of English still sucks ass, which makes it worse) their singer used to be a chubby girl with dark curls & a bumpy nose. she now has straight blonde hair & lost at least 15 kilograms. plus, she's one of the three that stayed in the band. the rest suddenly left out of the blue & I suspect the record company simply sent them home, because they weren't "good enough". they were vulnerable to adjustment & congratulations, someone changed them into a Halloween party. the transformation of a lifetime, that I'll never forgive them.

it by the way was a tie between this one & "There It Goes", about a relationship gone bad.

this should be more than enough for now.

Yatesy
07-03-2006, 07:45 AM
And while I never really was crazy about the Muse song, I thought they had worse songs, like "Apocalypse Please."

Seriously? O_o Apocalypse Please is probably my favourite song off that album, I just love the piano on it. <3

Jakebert
07-03-2006, 11:14 AM
1.Pink Floyd-Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Pink Floyd's music is so quiet that whenever one of their songs is played on the radio, you don't even realize the radio is on(unless you have it turned all the way up). Or when you have a Pink Floyd CD in, you really have to listen cloesly. That's what I never liked about Pink Floyd. But this song? It has 7 parts. 7 PARTS! Who the hell wants 7 parts to a song!?!? More than 3 is too many. My dad put a Pink Floyd CD in my car CD player once and my appreciation for Pink Floyd did not grow at all.

3.REM-It's The End Of The World As We Know It
I don't really hate REM. I love the songs "Losing My Religion" and"The One I Love". And "Man On The Moon" isn't too bad. But if you're so depressed that the end of the world will make you feel fine, why not commit suicide to free yourself faster? I've been contemplating suicide for a long time, but even I've never been THAT depressed.

You really are retarded, arn't you?

1.) You don't understand the thread at all. It's songs you don't like from bands you do like, not bands you don't like.

2.) If you don't understand the purpose of a long, instrumental section of a long song, then you know nothing about music. I can understand not liking it, but saying't it's dumb is just plain ignorant. It takes more talent to do what Pink Floyd did with that one song than the Offspring has shown in their entire career.

3.) You completely took "It's the End of the World As We Know It" way too literally, which is kind of hilarious because I've never in my life known anyone who's actually that stupid. The whole song is making fun of our obsession with trying to predict doomsday for Earth, and trying to predict the end times. Do you even pay attention to the rest of the lyrics in the song, or do you just read the title? Wait, even the title is obviously sarcastic. No, you're just that stupid.

Go swallow a shotgun.

mrconeman
07-03-2006, 11:26 AM
That was absolutely covered with win. And just so we're clear, my exact reason for calling you a retard was pointed out with....

If you don't understand the purpose of a long, instrumental section of a long song, then you know nothing about music. I can understand not liking it, but saying't it's dumb is just plain ignorant.

JohnnyNemesis
07-03-2006, 11:42 AM
3.REM-It's The End Of The World As We Know It
I don't really hate REM. I love the songs "Losing My Religion" and"The One I Love". And "Man On The Moon" isn't too bad. But if you're so depressed that the end of the world will make you feel fine, why not commit suicide to free yourself faster? I've been contemplating suicide for a long time, but even I've never been THAT depressed.

Holy shit, you're stupid.

311 is a stupid reggae band trying to imitate Sublime.

I don't even like either band, but HOLY GOD FUCK YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

-311 is a rap/rock group that likes reggae, not a reggae band.
-They are not trying to imitate Sublime.
-For fuck's sake, they formed at the same time Sublime did.
-You're an... *sigh* forget it.

leibstandarte109
07-03-2006, 11:50 AM
The Offspring- Want You Bad

Undoubtedly their worst single. This is what people think about when they say that The Offspring has sold out and they play pop-punk. It sounds so generic it's not even funny. Almost an embarassment.

The Beatles- Love Me Do

Yes, I know this was their breakout single. But it doesn't change the fact that the song itself is musically annoying, especially the drumming. As with most of their early songs, the lyrics are pretty shallow as well.

Papa Roach- Scars

Turned Papa Roach from a (relatively) cool band into one of those Nickelback-esque boring whine-about-your-life alternative bands.

I can't think of anymore at the moment, get back to it later.

Corpse
07-03-2006, 11:50 AM
2.Blink 182-All The Small Things
Blink 182 is one of the worst bands of all time, and this song is especially annoying. That guy couldn't sing if his life depended on it, and Pop Punk is a horrible style. This song? It's on the radio WAY too much, and the chorus has terrible lyrics.

Allow me to point out more of your stupidity. The whole idea was to pick five or your favorite artists, and name a song you don't like. Not just pick 5 songs you don't like. You idiot.

I realise this has been mentioned before. But I want to ephasise the point.

Jakebert
07-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Papa Roach- Scars

Haha, you like Papa Roach.

That_Guy91
07-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Why the fuck are Offspring fans insulting pop-punk?

mrconeman
07-03-2006, 12:23 PM
My thoughts exactly.

leibstandarte109
07-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Haha, you like Papa Roach.

I liked some of the songs on their first album. They also rocked in concert. Their second album sucked though.

Yatesy
07-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Seeing as I only have 6, I might try and make it to 10

Apocalyptica-Life Burns!
I have nothing against them having vocalists but when they hire the guy from The Rasmus to sing, that's just ugh. He doesn't actually sing, he just moans and whines. Oh and the song name is a bit poor too.

Queens of the Stone Age-Like A Drug
This song isn't that bad but it's just empty, nothing really happens.

Garbage-Why Don't You Come Over
The corus to this song is quite awful. It's just so irratating and gets into your head so easily >_< It's a shame as it puts me off Shirley's voice slightly.

Machine Head-Crashing Around You
Apart from when it's being performed live, I really think this song belongs on a Limp Bizkit record what with Rob's voice sounding almost exactly like Fred Durst's.

Jakebert
07-03-2006, 01:03 PM
I liked some of the songs on their first album. They also rocked in concert. Their second album sucked though.

I want to make fun of someone else. You make it way too easy.

pretty fly 88
07-03-2006, 01:09 PM
You really are retarded, arn't you?

1.) You don't understand the thread at all. It's songs you don't like from bands you do like, not bands you don't like.

2.) If you don't understand the purpose of a long, instrumental section of a long song, then you know nothing about music. I can understand not liking it, but saying't it's dumb is just plain ignorant. It takes more talent to do what Pink Floyd did with that one song than the Offspring has shown in their entire career.

3.) You completely took "It's the End of the World As We Know It" way too literally, which is kind of hilarious because I've never in my life known anyone who's actually that stupid. The whole song is making fun of our obsession with trying to predict doomsday for Earth, and trying to predict the end times. Do you even pay attention to the rest of the lyrics in the song, or do you just read the title? Wait, even the title is obviously sarcastic. No, you're just that stupid.

Go swallow a shotgun.
Well, I did screw up by not reading the thread very closely, and by the way, I just edited my post to make for bands I do like, but other than that, good grief. I've been listening to and playing music for 8 years, so don't go telling me I know nothing about music. You just have to understand that not everybody likes what you like. And, well, even if REM was being sarcastic, that song still annoys me, the way it was sung, how fast it was done. I don't pay attention to the rest of the lyrics to that song, because it annoys me so much that I have to either change the station, or try to block it out as much as I can. You son of a bitch, learn the definition of the word "opinion."

By the way, the fact that you misspelled "aren't" and "saying" proves that you are the retard, not me.

Corpse
07-03-2006, 01:15 PM
So you're saying that it takes a bigger retard to accidently write the wrong letter then to not read the rules of a thread?

0r4ng3
07-03-2006, 01:16 PM
By the way, the fact that you misspelled "aren't" and "saying" proves that you are the retard, not me.
Oh no, that just means he had a couple of typos. Dont worry, you're still the retard, trust me.

pretty fly 88
07-03-2006, 01:17 PM
So you're saying that it takes a bigger retard to accidently write the wrong letter then to not read the rules of a thread?
It takes a bigger retard, to miswrite 2 words than it does to feel sleepy when you're here.

leibstandarte109
07-03-2006, 01:24 PM
I want to make fun of someone else. You make it way too easy.

No, it's because you have nothing else to say.

JohnnyNemesis
07-03-2006, 01:50 PM
You just have to understand that not everybody likes what you like.

This isn't about liking anything, it's about you being too stupid to understand the most basic sarcasm in song titles and topics, among other things.

Misspellings are mistakes. Being unable to even glance at the fucking TITLE of the thread to get the idea of it makes you an idiot.

Oh, and don't forget that thing about you admiring the 40-Year Old Virgin movie character in a non-ironic way. Jeez, what the FUCK was wrong with you? It has nothing to do with anything here, but if you need further proof of your idiocy, there ya go...

DeAtHsTaR
07-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Why the fuck are Offspring fans insulting pop-punk?

I haven't looked, but maybe they're insulting Blink 182/GC style pop-punk? There's a difference between that and Offspring-Pennywise-Bad Religion's brand of pop-punk.

offspring fan
07-03-2006, 04:05 PM
I haven't looked, but maybe they're insulting Blink 182/GC style pop-punk? There's a difference between that and Offspring-Pennywise-Bad Religion's brand of pop-punk.
thats right.....

jacknife737
07-03-2006, 04:13 PM

Well Blink is kind of in the middle between the two.

That_Guy91
07-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Blink used to be the good kind, but then started to suck in '98.

And no, that's not what they meant. Or at least not what they said. They just said "pop punk" without specifying, which leads me to beleive that they are the people that still think The Offspring is the punkest band on the planet.

DeAtHsTaR
07-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Well Blink is kind of in the middle between the two.
Yeah I know, I'm just giving an example.

Jakebert
07-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Well, I did screw up by not reading the thread very closely, and by the way, I just edited my post to make for bands I do like, but other than that, good grief. I've been listening to and playing music for 8 years, so don't go telling me I know nothing about music. You just have to understand that not everybody likes what you like. And, well, even if REM was being sarcastic, that song still annoys me, the way it was sung, how fast it was done. I don't pay attention to the rest of the lyrics to that song, because it annoys me so much that I have to either change the station, or try to block it out as much as I can. You son of a bitch, learn the definition of the word "opinion."

Oh man a type is much worse than completely misinterpreting a song that's common sense to figure out and also completely getting the whole concept of a thread wrong. By the way, that was sarcasm, since you're obviously too retarded to understand it.

With your description of "It's the End of the World as We Know It" you mentioned nothing about what you didn't like musically. You said how you thought the lyrics were stupid, while you obviously have no idea what the song is even about. That was the point I was getting at, it had nothing to do with you not liking it, it had to do with you being a complete moron and not understanding a simple concept like "sarcasm" and "irony".

As for the Pink Floyd thing, I don't give a fuck how long you've been listening to and playing music. If you thing a long, 7 part song is dumb, then you're ignorant and know nothing about music. I understand not liking really long songs. There's a lot of times that, even though I love Pink Floyd, I just don't want to listen to a long complex song like that. But to call a song stupid because it's not a loud, blaring 3 minute song with simple musical arrangements just shows that when it comes to knowledge of musicianship, yours is fairly limited.

pretty fly 88
07-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Oh, and don't forget that thing about you admiring the 40-Year Old Virgin movie character in a non-ironic way. Jeez, what the FUCK was wrong with you? It has nothing to do with anything here, but if you need further proof of your idiocy, there ya go...
What the hell does that have to do with anything? Lots of people liked that movie. In other words, you must think a lot of people are morons, which makes you a moron.

Anyway, I can admit that misreading the thread wasn't the smartest thing in the world, but everybody makes that kind of mistake once in a while.

dalaksta
07-04-2006, 09:48 AM
The Offspring

Da hui- Da hui lyrics are just too repetitive and annoying, and that pain ass yelling just make me nearly burn Splinter album

COMPLETELY agreed.

JoY
07-08-2006, 04:12 AM
It takes a bigger retard, to miswrite 2 words than it does to feel sleepy when you're here.
don't you get it? you fail at having opinions & you fail at life.

JohnnyNemesis
07-08-2006, 10:03 AM
And that, everyone, is why I love Isa Isa.

I'm a little annoyed that pretty fly 88 almost ruined my thread.

Little_Miss_1565
07-08-2006, 10:44 AM

Wait a sec, you're both going for those when the most glaringly "KILL YOURSELF NOW" bad song is 'The Hippie Killers"?

JohnnyNemesis
07-08-2006, 10:47 AM
That song is nowhere near as bad as Mediocre Minds *glare*

... :mad:

Little_Miss_1565
07-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Our Apocalypse 1981
Teenage vagrants lookinŽ for some fun
A renewed promise of prosperity
A vulgar platform for the world to see
We were
The hippy killers
Busted refuse from broken homes
Pocked flesh and malacious bones
Creatures sustained by desire, heart, and soul
Nothing to leave and nowhere to go
We were
The hippy killers
Good days during horrible times
Overused bodies, neglected minds
Should to shoulder we formed as one
The next miserable generation
We were
The hippy killers

Not only trying desperately to reestablish the punk rock cred that you lose the minute you enroll at Cornell University, but Greg's "a-po-CA-lypse" pronunciation makes the listener criiiiiinge.

Drum Goddess
07-08-2006, 08:42 PM
1. Hot Snakes-Apartment 0- That song just gets on my nevers. I can't stand it. I don't know why, but I guess there's just something about it.

2.Rocket From The Crypt-DitchDigger- I never liked this song and don't plan to anytime soon. It's just an annoying song. The tune is annoying and the lyrics aren't one of Speedo's best works.

3.The Offspring-Want You Bad-This song is just shitty all together. There's nothing good about this song at all. The lyrics, the tune, everything just sucks.

4.Blink-182-Adam Song- I always hated this song and never knew why the hell it became as popular as it did. I just could never like it. It's really annoying and was overplayed when it first came out.

5.Big D And The Kids Table-LAX-This song sounds like a bunch of pissed off pre-teens came together and wrote a song about how much they dislike LA. I hate this song alot. It's annoying and the lyrics are bad andthe meaning behind it isn't all that wonderful either.

Jakebert
07-09-2006, 10:01 AM
I just wanted to add:

NOFX- Leaving Jesusland. Musically, I really like the song because it's incredibly catchy, but goddamn, NOFX need to stop trying to be political. Here's this song where they're preaching about close-mindedness, yet they're calling everyone that lives in the midwest a fat, close-minded Christian conservative. It's so stupid.

JohnnyNemesis
07-09-2006, 10:32 AM
That reminds me of "Don't Call Me White". A really awesome song, but so incredibly out of touch. Anyone who has learned even the basics of race relations knows that it's absolutely ridiculous to play up whiteness as a position of victimhood, especially in this particular song, where they're complaining about HAVING POWER and the fact that other people complain about it.

That's like Bill Gates whining about the 75-cent pay raise I just got.

Again, good song otherwise though.

ruroken
07-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Nirvana

Territorial Pissings - In my opinion, this is the only bad song on "Nevermind". One thing I hate about Nirvana fans is how they always preach that each of their songs has some secret meaning, particularly with the hidden track on In Utero. Just because the singer ate lead doesn't mean that he was some kind of sensitive genius who left clues about what he was going to do in his art. "Territorial Pissings" isn't catchy at all, it's made almost unlistenable by how Cobain sings it, and the lyrics are stupid and don't appear to be really about anything.
THANK YOU. Although I like the song, I don't understand how anyone can think "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not after you" is such a genius lyric. Its just like DUH.

Uh...

Incubus
Southern Girl

I just think its boring and dont ever try to get into it.

Eminem
That one "dance" song... I think its called "Cum On Everybody"

Annoying, stupid, and worthless.

I can't think of anything else.