PDA

View Full Version : Baghdad

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-24-2006, 12:10 PM
I found out that offspring had an album (or something) with 4 tracks on called Bagdad
Ive heard bagdad but none of the others,i think its

Get it right(a new or early version,or maybe the ignition one)

Hey Joe (hendrix cover)

Bagdad(basically Tehran)

The Blurb(instrumental)

Has anyone got it/heard of it/-is it real?

Lars
04-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Hey Joe is an earlier version different from the 96 version they put out. Baghdad is the same as Tehran with a few lyrical changes. The blurb really isn't that interesting and I really don't remember if there's any difference in get it right.

The tracks came out as 'bonus' tracks on the Punk Riot bootleg. I think that's the name of it, if it's not its the bootleg that was sourced from the Rockpalast 97 gig.

SeX_PiStOlS_69
04-24-2006, 12:19 PM
On the same subject, what is "Club me" are they b-sides, new songs or what?
P.xxx

notoriousdoc
04-24-2006, 12:20 PM
It's very real. That's the one they stuck together with glue sticks :D

I think the version of Get It Right on it is an earlier recording, seeing the EP was released in 1991.

Hey Joe is the one included on the "Go Ahead Punk..." Nitro comp.

Baghdad is just Tehran with Iraqi lyrics.

The Blurb is like a chant thing with with Dexter and the rest of the band chanting over a tribal drum beat thing.

EDIT: I took me a while to write this :P

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-24-2006, 12:28 PM
why would that take a while to write-but thanks,is it the kind of cd they sell in shops,or will i have to find it online?

offspring_freak_3
04-24-2006, 01:16 PM
actualy, its not an cd, its an vinyl (vynil?). the Get It Right version is a demo. and its pretty hard to find since its rare

answering the other guy, club me is a cd with some covers and bsides, its was releases as an fan club cd

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-24-2006, 01:19 PM
didnt you get club me with the greatest hits special edition or something?

notoriousdoc
04-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Not the original, though.

offspring_freak_3
04-24-2006, 01:21 PM
didnt you get club me with the greatest hits special edition or something?
it was only in pre sale, only for USA

BIG Nicky
04-24-2006, 01:33 PM
USA USA USA (*Cheers!*)

offspring_freak_3
04-24-2006, 01:43 PM
haha i dont live in USA but i got it :D

thank god my sister lives in USA :p

Lars
04-24-2006, 03:33 PM
It's very real. That's the one they stuck together with glue sticks :D

Hey Joe is the one included on the "Go Ahead Punk..." Nitro comp.

The I'll Be Waiting/Blackball release from 86 was stuck together by the band.

Hey Joe from Baghdad is not the same as on the Nitro comp.

Little_Miss_1565
04-24-2006, 03:46 PM
The I'll Be Waiting/Blackball release from 86 was stuck together by the band.

Hey Joe from Baghdad is not the same as on the Nitro comp.

Thank you. The Baghdad EP is a 7" and the art is a gatefold cardboard thing. A couple hundred of them were pressed onto clear vinyl (one of which is in my personal collection :D). The rest (about 2 or 3,000) were on black vinyl (I had one but then sold it). The lyrics for "Hey Joe" are hilarious in the liner notes, as they couldn't reprint the real lyrics and just wrote in gibberish.

Club Me was not part of the presale for Greatest Hits. It was a special fan-club only edition back when the Offspring had a fan club. That's how I got mine. Some of the leftovers are currently on sale at offspring.com.

offspring_freak_3
04-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Club Me was not part of the presale for Greatest Hits. It was a special fan-club only edition back when the Offspring had a fan club. That's how I got mine. Some of the leftovers are currently on sale at offspring.com.
thats waht i said, plus it was released back in 97

Hyper nova
04-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Club me was done as part of the pre-order as well as originally being released through the fan club.