PDA

View Full Version : Metalheads LIKE The Offspring?

Funderful Callan
04-25-2006, 05:50 AM
I Know a Load Of People Who Love their Heavy Metal And Also Love The Punk Sounds Of The Offspring. Im Finding it Weird. I Search The Offspring on Bebo and A Fuck Load Of People Who Love Have The Offspring In Theyre Playlists. Does Anyone Know What Im Talking About?

neocon58
04-25-2006, 05:55 AM
Absolutely not.

Funderful Callan
04-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Lol Fair Enough

-=Xander=-
04-25-2006, 06:34 AM
HAHAHAHA I'm one of those poeple. My friends look through my music collection and go: 'WTF?! The offspring?! Is this even yours????"

But the offspring are awesome... Its one of my fav bands (obviously) Just cause I like mushroom head, slipknot, killswitch engage and murder dolls it makes me a freak to love the Offspring... ahhhhh and I love being a freak :D

Funderful Callan
04-25-2006, 06:38 AM
See Thats Exactly What I Mean. Kool Dude Im Glad U Like the Offspring as Well As Those Other Bands! :)

Lightyears
04-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Several people consider me a metal-head.

Iron Maiden and Offspring are my two favorite bands period. And yes, they're tied.

I also happen to like Priest, Helloween, Hammerfall, Iced Earth and others.

But I also listen to other punk bands, grunge bands, classic rock and modern rock too.

Music is too good to bind yourself to only one of it's pieces.

And hair like this doesn't exactly look too punk :p

http://www.wearelightside.com/gsp4.jpg

Funderful Callan
04-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Sweet I Love Hammerfall Too. But Thats Like The Only Metal Band I Listen To As Well As Maiden

offspring_freak_3
04-25-2006, 08:55 AM
yeah i listen to a shitload of bands, all kinda of genre, classic rock, punk rock, alternative, metal and some other. but the offspring is on top :)

Kitten
04-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Sweet I Love Hammerfall Too. But Thats Like The Only Metal Band I Listen To As Well As Maiden

Do you type with your Caps Lock on?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-25-2006, 10:33 AM
It's okay to listen to more than one genre of music.

Ronin
04-25-2006, 10:40 AM
^ what he said.

i like lots of metal as well as punk, is that blasphemous??

man youre kinda making it sound like there's soemthing wrong with metalheads that like non-mental music. it's called: not being narrow minded. the same can be applied to punk lovers that listen to some non-punk stuff. those people are open minded, and just as well, there's a lot of "punk" kids that only listen to "punk" music because its so "punk". (just trying to relate it for everyone, im not trying to badmouth anybody).

expanding your musical horizons is a great thing. embrace it :)

WebDudette
04-25-2006, 12:40 PM
I listen to Pantera, Lamb of God, Opeth and Light This City but that doesn't mean I can't listen to The Offspring, AFI, Depeche Mode or Mozart.

Also what's with the caps?

Amazed
04-25-2006, 12:49 PM
I know a guy whose favourite band is Metallica and I've let him listen to many Offspring songs and he really likes them. :)

rlplaymaker
04-25-2006, 02:24 PM
oh yeah, especially since Splinter came out.....my buddy donny is a complete metal head, loves metallica, pantera. etc..... but one day i popped Splinter in while we were cruizing, and hes like "woah dude, whos this?" and im like its the offspring........ his response was awesome tho....... hes like " the pretty fly white guy guys????" LOL, so yea, hes real into the offspring now, and sotra into punk too....

thats kinda why i like the offspring, cuzthey got their own style, unlike anyone elses......punk infused with heavy metal, it kicks ass

neocon58
04-25-2006, 05:17 PM

OMG punkerz LIKE hammerfall?

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
04-25-2006, 09:06 PM
These metalheads at my school only liked old offspring stuff... obviously 'cause it's sounds a bit more metal inflicted

DeAtHsTaR
04-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I know quite a few metalhead Offspring fans.

Funderful Callan
04-26-2006, 02:25 AM
^ what he said.

i like lots of metal as well as punk, is that blasphemous??

man youre kinda making it sound like there's soemthing wrong with metalheads that like non-mental music. it's called: not being narrow minded. the same can be applied to punk lovers that listen to some non-punk stuff. those people are open minded, and just as well, there's a lot of "punk" kids that only listen to "punk" music because its so "punk". (just trying to relate it for everyone, im not trying to badmouth anybody).

expanding your musical horizons is a great thing. embrace it :)

Yeh I said i like the metal heads i said its kool to listen to metal and the offspring.

and yes sorry for caps lock thing its kinda an obsesssion but i didnt do it this time though. lol

Nood!es
04-26-2006, 05:31 AM
I Know a Load Of People Who Love their Heavy Metal And Also Love The Punk Sounds Of The Offspring. Im Finding it Weird. I Search The Offspring on Bebo and A Fuck Load Of People Who Love Have The Offspring In Theyre Playlists. Does Anyone Know What Im Talking About?

You dont have to capatalize every word. But yeah, I have a lot of hardcore and metal on my iTunes..and a lot of Offspring. Same with my friends.

Funderful Callan
04-26-2006, 06:56 AM
Nice dude!

Venom Symbiote
04-26-2006, 07:07 AM
Metallica (James Hetfield to be precise) has said in the past that he's a fan of them. But that was years ago, so not too sure how he feels about them post-Americana. Especially with being on opposite sides of the Napster debate. Noodles has surfed with Kirk Hammet, too.

Then again, they're pretty similar in terms of how they're seen by other bands in their respective genres. They've been through exactly the same shit, Metallica with the "true" metal bands and The Offspring with the "true" punkers.

As far as "metal" metal goes, I'm not so sure there would be much respect for Dexter and the guys. Just a feeling.

Apathy
04-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Seems like Nu-metal fans like the offspring. I'm gonna to take a guess and say actual metal fans don't.

Venom Symbiote
04-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Agreed, totally.

Rinoa
04-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Some of my mates class me as a metal-head, but my two all-time favourite bands are Radiohead and The Offspring. As you can see I like quite a variation of music. I even like a lot of video game music which I suppose the majority would count as classical ;)

Lightyears
04-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Hey video game music fucking rocks.

Ronin
04-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Seems like Nu-metal fans like the offspring. I'm gonna to take a guess and say actual metal fans don't.

that would be a narrow-minded assumption. it's not that black and white.

there are many "true" metalheads (or whatever you wanna call them) out there that listen to more than just metal.

I, for example, love the offspring, the descendents, TSOL, etc. i also love meshuggah, iron maiden, judas priest, machine head, pantera, etc. but i hate bands like disturbed, slipknot, and whatever else sounds like that "numetal" stuff.

my b/f, as another example, loves stuff like slayer and pantera - he pretty much grew up on that stuff. but he also loves the sounds of the offspring, social distortion, and tsunami bomb...just to name a few.

Fly White Guy
04-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Ah, there's like a ton of people at my school who don't even know who the Offspring are but say they like them. It's pretty easy to tell.

Venom Symbiote
04-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Videogame music "classical"?

Um...wow. Maybe the more modern stuff, the early stuff was just synths and MIDIS, mostly in a rock or metal style. See Metroid, Street Fightetr, etc for reference.

Llamas
04-27-2006, 11:31 PM
I listen to everything- and I mean that literally. Jazz like charlie parker and john coltrane, classical like aaron copland and mussorgky, metal like tool and mudvayne, punk like DAF and the clash, pop punk like offspring and lagwagon, electronic/industrial like NIN and god lives underwater, emo like dashboard confessional and juliana theory, grunge like bush and soundgarden, 80s pop like nena and reo speedwagon, rap like jay z and atmosphere, country like dixie chicks and kenny chesney... etc, etc, etc... name it, I've got some. I will never understand having it be "weird" to have more than one genre of music in a collection... I would get SO bored.

Lizardus
04-28-2006, 01:36 AM
I just like to liste to whatever pleases my ears, admitedly, i have my favourites.
But, don't we all?

nerv
04-29-2006, 12:11 PM
i'm a huge metal head
i love metallica, megadeth, slayer, children of bodom, etc etc
but offspring has been and always will be my favorite band

Lord Armageddon
04-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Its not surprising at all that some metalheads love Offspring, although ive heard that metalheads dont like punks. As for me, im a punk, and Offspring is my favourite band, but i think that all rockers - punks, metalheads, goths and so on are not very different. We all like rock, dont we? :cool:

Emily_offspring_fan
05-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Its not surprising at all that some metalheads love Offspring, although ive heard that metalheads dont like punks. As for me, im a punk, and Offspring is my favourite band, but i think that all rockers - punks, metalheads, goths and so on are not very different. We all like rock, dont we? :cool:
That's true. For likeing The Offspring and other bands I'm a punk, and I don't mind listening metal, it's cool, but I hate gothic music...if you mean Evanescence or Nightwish. They suck.

Lizardus
05-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Nightwish is Symphonic/melodic Power metal.

Rinoa
05-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Videogame music "classical"?

Um...wow. Maybe the more modern stuff, the early stuff was just synths and MIDIS, mostly in a rock or metal style. See Metroid, Street Fightetr, etc for reference.

I was referring to proper songs, not synths and midis. Take the soundtrack for Final Fantasy VII for example.

paulrose
05-01-2006, 05:16 PM
people can like more than one genre of music, infact i like so many. offspring are my all time favourite band but i love stuff like pig destroyer which is real heavy music. i love soft rock like R.E.M and counting crows...people can like what ever they want to like and not be judged. well thanks