PDA

View Full Version : talking out of their arse??

H1T_That
04-26-2006, 06:09 AM
on the download festival forums, there are a few people saying The Offspring wont be playing as they are in the studio.

Then however there are some others saying that they have already finished the new album early. Have Dexter no co fooled us and been recorrding for a while, or are these people talking out of thier arses.

2nd from bottom post.
http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=556056&mpage=2&key=

your views and opinions please?

Lightyears
04-26-2006, 06:12 AM
Pretty sure they were not going to even start putting the material together until after Dex finished the marathon and took a break for a week or so. So I'm guessing, no. Album isn't even close to recorded yet. It takes a while to get everything together. And I believe they are still looking for a new producer.

H1T_That
04-26-2006, 06:13 AM
thats pretty much what i thought too.

someone just posted this

"mike davies has been saying on the lock up that the offspring have confirmed for one major festival this year. however i have a feeling theyll be playing his lock up stage at reading/leeds...but nothing confirmed yet so fingers crossed!"

also bullshit you think??

Hyper nova
04-26-2006, 10:27 AM
I Pretty Sure that The Offspring were down to play a major Festival in The UK this summer hence why Kerrang even mentioned it when Introducing Gotta Get Away on LOADED part of the channel. ANd it seemed Like Download was the Hot favourite. But then they announced that they were thinking of it but were in fact gunna stay home and work on the Album

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journal?journal=427609

"People are asking us about possibly doing some festivals in Europe this summer, which would be fun, but we thought it would be better to stay home and work on songs for another record. What do you think?"

Emily_offspring_fan
04-26-2006, 10:31 AM
I prefer if they continue working hard on their album, I don't care about that Download Festival.

H1T_That
04-26-2006, 03:25 PM
I prefer if they continue working hard on their album, I don't care about that Download Festival.

I DO!!!, ive got a ticket!

personally, because of the fact i have a ticket, i'd love them to tour.

If i never had this ticker though, i'd be going mad at the idea of a tour, and would press for the new album. lol