PDA

View Full Version : poor Nickelback

offspring fan
04-26-2006, 11:14 AM
http://www.goyk.com/video.asp?path=1051
heh...hehe...hahahahahahahaha. poor nickelback.

igniton/pyro
04-26-2006, 01:21 PM
hahahahaha i have never even heard about that band. i bet thay suck when people are starting to trow rocks at them.

JohnnyNemesis
04-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Ahhhh. I've seen that video a hundred times, and it never gets old <3

Mr. Noodles
04-26-2006, 01:23 PM
I actually do like Nickelback, but that was sorta funny. The Portuguese subtitiles were funnier though.
A lot of people on this board don't seem to like them, as far as I know. I don't know why.

jacknife737
04-26-2006, 02:25 PM
I hate this band.

opivy21
04-26-2006, 02:28 PM
That video is funny. I hate Nickelback.

Andy
04-26-2006, 03:10 PM
That's too bad.

Get it?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Oh, THIS is how you remind me?

0r4ng3
04-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Haha, you guys know the names of their songs. You both phail.

Corpse
04-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Nickelback i think are a good band, but if you do something like this, just shows what kind of band you are. Dexter had a bottle hit his head half way through Have You Ever, yet he carried on, messing up guitar a bit re positioning his glasses.

DeAtHsTaR
04-26-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't see why Nickelback gets such a bad rap. I mean, they have some songs that are identical, but they still have a good sound.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Hahahahahahaahha that's just awesome.

[@M3R0N
04-26-2006, 04:05 PM
some of nicklebacks songs r ok but they all sound EXACTLY the same all the do is sing one thing in that REALLY annoying voice while chad krueger sings a different thing in a lower voice at the same time..... at least....i think that was nickleback :confused: :p :D

DeAtHsTaR
04-26-2006, 04:11 PM
some of nicklebacks songs r ok but they all sound EXACTLY the same all the do is sing one thing in that REALLY annoying voice while chad krueger sings a different thing in a lower voice at the same time..... at least....i think that was nickleback :confused: :p :D
They have some way different sounding songs. It's called NON-RADIO songs. Hell, even Animals was different for their radio songs.

jacknife737
04-26-2006, 04:20 PM
I don't see why Nickelback gets such a bad rap. I mean, they have some songs that are identical, but they still have a good sound.

Even many of their album tracks sound identical.

DeAtHsTaR
04-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Even many of their album tracks sound identical.
The same goes for most mainstream bands.

bouncingcoles
04-26-2006, 06:56 PM
haha that sucks. i feel bad for them. that must really suck

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Another nice Nickelback story - they once had someone in the front row ejected because he kept shouting "CHAD SUCKS!"

For some reason I love that story.

Piedude
04-27-2006, 04:47 AM
On this whole, "Their songs sound the same!" theme, there was an mp3 going around a couple years ago where one nickleback single was played through the right speaker and another through the left and they slotted pretty well together...
Damn, looks like the link I had to it doesnt work anymore

the_GoDdEsS
04-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Hehehehe, awww! He got angries.

offspringer24
04-27-2006, 07:20 AM
its abit harsh but funny, what gig was it anyways?

DeAtHsTaR
04-27-2006, 08:11 AM
On this whole, "Their songs sound the same!" theme, there was an mp3 going around a couple years ago where one nickleback single was played through the right speaker and another through the left and they slotted pretty well together...
Damn, looks like the link I had to it doesnt work anymore
One of the songs was speeded up and the solo removed.

skiddles824
04-27-2006, 03:04 PM
LMFAO he gave them the finger walkig off stage

Endymion
04-27-2006, 09:43 PM
One of the songs was speeded up and the solo removed.
and?
http://www.csulb.edu/classic/grammar.jpg

DeAtHsTaR
04-27-2006, 09:59 PM
and?
http://www.csulb.edu/classic/grammar.jpg
Oops... What I meant to say is that in the mash-up of the two songs, the creator adjusted the tempo of both songs, and removed the solo from Someday, just to make the songs seem identical when they're not.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-27-2006, 10:10 PM
I just downloaded both songs out of sheer morbid curiosity. Sure enough, both are exactly the same length (3:29). Now, if there is a slower song of the two, I'd say it's definitely Someday. If the tempos of both songs were adjusted, surely Someday would be the one that would be sped up. But if it's sped up AND the solo is taken out, doesn't that make it, like, a lot shorter than How You Remind Me?

I'm not sure about tempo, but no adjustments would need to be made to get the songs to play and end at the same time.

Endymion
04-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Oops... What I meant to say is that in the mash-up of the two songs, the creator adjusted the tempo of both songs, and removed the solo from Someday, just to make the songs seem identical when they're not.
and since when does a different tempo and the addition of a solo make a new song?

All About Eve
04-27-2006, 10:21 PM
On a side note, a Sum 41 song has the same tune as This is How You Remind Me or whatever; I think it's The Hell Song.

DeAtHsTaR
04-27-2006, 10:26 PM
On a side note, a Sum 41 song has the same tune as This is How You Remind Me or whatever; I think it's The Hell Song.
Nope not the Hell Song. And to whoever said about the addition of a solo not making a new song is right, but the point I was trying to make is that the creator of the mash-up was trying to make the songs mroe similar than they actually are.

All About Eve
04-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Yes it is, I just checked. The pitch may be different, I haven't listened to them in forever, but listen to the tunes in your head to these parts:

Everybody's got their problems
Everybody says the same things to you
It's just a matter how you solve them
And knowing how to change the things you've been through

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
Tired of living like a blind man
I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

XYlophonetreeZ
04-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that about the Hell Song too. The tune in the verse is exactly the same.

DeAtHsTaR
04-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Yes it is, I just checked. The pitch may be different, I haven't listened to them in forever, but listen to the tunes in your head to these parts:

Everybody's got their problems
Everybody says the same things to you
It's just a matter how you solve them
And knowing how to change the things you've been through

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
Tired of living like a blind man
I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

Oh come to think of it it is. I was thinking of the chorus.

Not Ozymandias
04-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Was this at a festival or a Nickelback concert? It'd be infinitely funnier if it were the latter.

Anyone who says "do you guys wanna hear some rock n' roll?" unironically deserves to have rocks thrown at him.

All About Eve
04-28-2006, 10:53 PM
I personally believe "Are you ready for some rock and roll?!" is what Jesus said that sealed his fate.

DeAtHsTaR
04-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Was this at a festival or a Nickelback concert? It'd be infinitely funnier if it were the latter.

Anyone who says "do you guys wanna hear some rock n' roll?" unironically deserves to have rocks thrown at him.
It was a heavy metal festival that Nickelback didn't want to play.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-29-2006, 04:08 AM
It was a heavy metal festival that Nickelback didn't want to play.

So why the hell did they play anyway?

They were practically asking for those rocks to be thrown at them.

And if they wanted to act like true bad asses, they would have kept playing. True rock n' roll artists take it like a man. They just came off as total pussies.

Ocupation: Offspring
04-29-2006, 08:16 AM
I actually do like Nickelback, but that was sorta funny. The Portuguese subtitiles were funnier though.
A lot of people on this board don't seem to like them, as far as I know. I don't know why. :confused:
i like Nickleback too i like there music, i think it has IDK but i like them

DeAtHsTaR
04-29-2006, 11:18 AM
So why the hell did they play anyway?

Because it was for a lto of money and they're greedy jewbags.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Because it was for a lto of money and they're greedy jewbags.

Makes sense.