PDA

View Full Version : My evening is better than your evening.

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm watching Brokeback Mountain and crocheting. Just watched Jake Gyllenhall get it in the butt while starting my foundation chain. And there are a lot of sheeps. Hooray.

What are you up to tonight?

endlesst0m
04-26-2006, 05:24 PM
I'll probably get drunk, even though I have school tommorow.

Bazza
04-26-2006, 05:32 PM
download shit, not literal shit obviously

Tired_Of_You
04-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Doing my homework (while watching hockey) since I won't have the time later, because I got a JOB! Woohooo

Bazza
04-26-2006, 05:37 PM
hay, ive already bin to work this evening :D

Rag Doll
04-26-2006, 05:37 PM
oh Sarah, I totally envy your evening. I still haven't seen Brokeback =\.

My evening consists of American Idol, Law & Order, and some knitting. Ah procrastination.

barangatang
04-26-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm going to finish my essay on Medieval Venice, go to guitar lesson, and if I have time I'll invite a couple of friends over to jam.

- -Lauren- -
04-26-2006, 05:48 PM
i finished my Geometry homework (yay) even though circles and triangles are works of the devil.
i ate chocolate chip cookies.
my parents just came back from buying me birthday presents (i turn 15 in exactly 1 week, hooray!)
talked to my friends
iPod charging
My spanish 2 teacher said I did my assignment absolutely perfectly.

...and that's about it.

- -Lauren- -
04-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Doing my homework (while watching hockey) since I won't have the time later, because I got a JOB! Woohooo

congrats! :)

Andy
04-26-2006, 05:53 PM
My evening is effectively over (and my morning started 2 hours ago).

That evening consisted of devouring a painful amount of fried chicken, drinking Fanta, watching The Bill (<3), playing about 75 hands of solitaire and now I'm watching The Mint (swooning over one of the presenters) whilst shamelessly cheating at Championship Manager.

Now, let's think forward to tomorrow... It'll be pretty much exactly the same, only replacing The Bill with cans of Strongbow (or 10 whisky).

0r4ng3
04-26-2006, 05:55 PM
drinking Fanta,
Your evening sucked. NEXT!

Andy
04-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Your evening sucked. NEXT!
Shut it, purist boy!

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm drinking whisky and watching Season 1 of House, which I got in the mail today. I win.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 06:03 PM
(or 10 whisky).

You totally know you want it.

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm drinking whisky and watching Season 1 of House, which I got in the mail today. I win.

Ohhh, Dave FTW. God fucking damn I love Hugh Laurie.

Sam, L&O and knitting ain't so bad! Netflix Brokeback like rightnow.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Ohhh, Dave FTW. God fucking damn I love Hugh Laurie.

If you've seen all his English stuff, like I have, you'll know how WEIRD it is to hear him with an American accent. However, House is my hero.

Rag Doll
04-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Someone told me he'd rent it and watch it with me. So, I'll just wait til I see him again to see it. rarrr.

nieh
04-26-2006, 06:16 PM
My evening is done. I worked from 8:30am to 8pm. Then I quick ran to tunes to see if they had the new Pearl Jam album yet (they have a tendency to put new albums out at least a few days earlier than the actual release date) but they didn't. Then I came home, came on here, made myself some food and ate it in front of the computer. Weee! After this I might run to Wal-Mart to get my kitties some food.

Mota Boy
04-26-2006, 06:16 PM
I just helped some friends of mine move their stuff into summer storage, in the process displaying my rugged masculinity by carrying/pulling various heavy objects. Also by operating a floor buffer, but that's a different story.

Now I'm planning on twelve hours of straight cramming before my exam tomorrow morning. Hoo-fucking-ray.

Not Ozymandias
04-26-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm eating Chinese food and watching the Red Sox HUMILIATE me in front of the entire country. I lose.

Andy
04-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey, Dave. What's the name of that 10 whisky again? I'll definately buy it tomorrow.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 06:22 PM
William Grant's. And damn right you will! Btw,

http://www.univie.ac.at/cga/art/inside-laurie.jpg

Ooh, sizzly! House ftw.

Endymion
04-26-2006, 06:28 PM
working on this algorithm i'm developing.

and i'm going to watch the princess bride when i get home.

- -Lauren- -
04-26-2006, 06:31 PM
i watched House last night...quite interesting.

Andy
04-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Last week I watched several episodes of Blackadder The Third, followed by an episode of House.

I tell you this: Nothing fucks with your head more than that Hugh Laurie combination.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Exactly! Once I saw a couple episodes of Blackadder, an episode of House.. and then I thought, I'll have a break from all the Hugh Laurie stuff. So I watched some Spooks.

Guess who was head of MI6?

- -Lauren- -
04-26-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't know what Blackadder is, but House sure gives me a headache sometimes. It was kinda weird when they were giving that girl a colonoscopy while she was still awake.

Andy
04-26-2006, 06:40 PM
http://www.bbcprograms.com/pbs/catalog/blackadder/images/XM03_Blackadder.jpg

That is possibly the greatest picture I've seen all week. (couldn't post the pic because it's HUGE).

Oh, and Lauren....That's how they do colonoscopies.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't know what Blackadder is,

Rowan Atkinson, Tony Robinson, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry. One of the greatest comedies of all time. Well, apart from the first series. That was shit. The rest need to be watched immediately. Especially number 4.

And Andy.. oh, Prince George. That was just wonderful.

Andy
04-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Rowan Atkinson, Tony Robinson, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry. One of the greatest comedies of all time. Well, apart from the first series. That was shit. The rest need to be watched immediately. Especially number 4.
Totally agreed. Yeah, the first series was Lame, Blackadder himself was just so...Un-Blackadder in it. He was more of a snivelling coward, instead of the smart-arsed scheming coward we all know and love.

Anybody who hasn't seen Blackadder really should, it's the "complete" sitcom.

- -Lauren- -
04-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Oh, and Lauren....That's how they do colonoscopy's.

i was pretty sure they would sedate the patient first, because being awake and having a tube being stuck up your asshole would seem to be of excruciating pain.

unless i am confused, is a colonoscopy the same thing as when they suck out all the crap inside your colon?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 06:48 PM
i was pretty sure they would sedate the patient first, because being awake and having a tube being stuck up your asshole would seem to be of excruciating pain.

Doing a biopsy and a thracheoptomy hurt too, but they don't sedate for either of those. Must be a reason for it.

EDIT: No, a colonoscopy is when they take a sample from the colon wall.

Andy
04-26-2006, 06:49 PM

unless i am confused, is a colonoscopy the same thing as when they suck out all the crap inside your colon?
You are sedated, but it's just a local anaesthetic. However, you'll feel it if they make a mistake. You'll also probably die.

And no, you're thinking of colonic irrigation, yes?

A colonoscopy is used for medical reasons to observe the colon and the system for any faults..And a colonic is just used to clean you out.

Endymion
04-26-2006, 06:49 PM
no, but they do that without sedation too.

Endymion
04-26-2006, 06:50 PM

And Andy.. oh, Prince George. That was just wonderful.
hmmm... nice to hear that now. i tried watching the first one a few years back and thought it sucked and didn't see what the big blackadder deal was about. shall i try the second then?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 06:52 PM
The best are the third and fourth, and it has the advantage that every series is in a different setting, so you can basically start at any. I say watch the third and fourth, and then if you like it, watch the 2nd too.

Andy
04-26-2006, 06:53 PM
I prefer the second to the fourth :eek: :eek:

Fight.

All About Eve
04-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh! Hugh Laurie from House. Which show is better?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 06:56 PM
.. ouch. That has to be the hardest question I've ever been asked.

Andy
04-26-2006, 06:56 PM
What's the question? House or Blackadder?

Blackadder. No contest.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Actually, I'm gonna go with House.

All About Eve
04-26-2006, 07:02 PM
House ftw! Would youtube have any episodes of Blackadder?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Haha, Blackladder.

uh, probably a couple of scenes.

All About Eve
04-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Whoops, meant Adder. And I've seen that show before, I just realized. Quite good, but I like House better.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Blackadder's very much a British thing. Having said that, I just about prefer House, but it's very very close.

All About Eve
04-26-2006, 07:07 PM
I don't remember seeing Laurie in the one episode of Blackadder I've watched. I'll have to try to find out when it comes on.

Andy
04-26-2006, 07:08 PM
It's a very British humour ... So yanks will probably hate it for the principle.

(Hugh Laurie didn't appear in series 1 & 2. Actually..He was in the final episode of series 2, playing a psychotic German...And then played Prince George in the next...Coincidence?)

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 07:18 PM
It's worth noting that Laurie plays a very different character in Blackadder than House. While in House he's moody and sarcastic, in Blackadder he's stupid and over-the-top. And he pulls both of them off perfectly. He's truly one of the great actors of all time.

kamikaze
04-26-2006, 07:22 PM
I just got my hair highlighted & extensions put in. They look amazing! Yay!

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2006, 07:38 PM
LOL, extensions. Who are you, Britney Spears? ;)

Duders, I can't watch Blackadder very often. You see, I laugh so hard my insides kind of split open and I start foaming blood at the mouth.

Jeeves and Wooster! OH Stephen Fry, how I do love you. Have any of you seen V for Vendetta yet? Stephen Fry plays...who else, Stephen Fry.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Argh, I wanna see that movie so much.

"See, Darling? He's as sane as I am! BLERRRRGH!"

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Is it true Stephen Fry up and disappeared one day for six years, and then came back and life went on as though nothing happened?

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Actually I hadn't heard that, but now you mention it he didn't do anything late 90's-early 00's that I know of. Then suddenly he hosted QI and now he's doing stuff again. Intriguing.

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Alright, so it's almost midnite for me...I declare that Dave and I had the best evenings. Team awesome FTW!

Andy
04-26-2006, 09:26 PM
My evening just started sucking. I woke up an hour after going to sleep with the fucking WORST coughing fit, that still hasn't gone away. I have to "get up" in an hour as well. Christ.

Betty
04-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Well, I was supposed to see Jeff Martin tonight with a friend but the show was cancelled. What-the-fuck!

Sooo... instead I get to pack. I am moving out this weekend and oh-my-god I have a lot to pack. I've also done a load of laundry. Cleaned the kitchen. Made the most elaborate cheesecake in the world and ate way too much of the cheese mix. Drank two beers. Finished another mixed CD for a friend. And now back to packing. I also want to finish proof reading my paper and calculating the bills to get my housemates to pay up.

SicN Twisted
04-26-2006, 10:24 PM
I had the best evening. I went to an Irish pub in South Boston. In a Yankees shirt.

Tizzalicious
04-26-2006, 10:32 PM
I had a migraine and went to sleep at 8.30. Yay.

Vera
04-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Lolz it's morning in here.

Today I will go buy milk & juice, and later on watch a 50's Indian film by a director who ended up killing himself. Good times.

Andy
04-27-2006, 12:05 AM
I just found out that my lecture that was supposed to be 9-12 has been rescheduled to 1-4. 'Great' you may think, extra time in bed. However, that's out of the question because I've just had 5 cups of strong black coffee to get me ready for 9. A big hip hooray for University administration. Hip Hip?

Little_Miss_1565
04-27-2006, 03:05 AM
I had the best evening. I went to an Irish pub in South Boston. In a Yankees shirt.

HAH, love it. But getting the fuck beat outta me in Southie isn't my idea of a wonderful time.

killer_queen
04-27-2006, 03:57 AM
My dad's going to take me out to see La Travdjhdlfh (I don't know how to spell it) and then we're going to eat ice cream. And I'm going to study all night.

wheelchairman
04-27-2006, 04:47 AM
I read in Cider House Rules. Before that I packed newspapers for 3 hours.

Andy
04-27-2006, 06:26 AM
I just found out that my lecture that was supposed to be 9-12 has been rescheduled to 1-4. 'Great' you may think, extra time in bed. However, that's out of the question because I've just had 5 cups of strong black coffee to get me ready for 9. A big hip hooray for University administration. Hip Hip?
I fell asleep about 10 and have consequently missed half of that lecture. Ah well.

OnSpring!
04-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Im' going to have sex with my girlfriend :p

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Alright, so it's almost midnite for me...I declare that Dave and I had the best evenings. Team awesome FTW!

This remains true. TheUnholy1565 ftw.

Rocky-girl
04-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I suppose so. Because today I wanted to go on the party, but my friends refused. And I didn't want to go alone. So I stayed at home:( And tomorrow I'll have an exam. It isn't the best evening.:(:(

- -Lauren- -
04-27-2006, 04:55 PM
You are sedated, but it's just a local anaesthetic. However, you'll feel it if they make a mistake. You'll also probably die.

And no, you're thinking of colonic irrigation, yes?

A colonoscopy is used for medical reasons to observe the colon and the system for any faults..And a colonic is just used to clean you out.

yeah i knew the clean butthole had colon in it, but i just couldn't think of the word. thank you dave and andy.

Andy
04-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Glad to be of assistance Lauren! *flies away*

Tonight, my evening has consisted of eating pot noodle, drinking shit loads of tea thanks to my new kettle <3, and buying a new phone internetally.

Iddy
04-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Glad to be of assistance Lauren! *flies away*

Tonight, my evening has consisted of eating pot noodle, drinking shit loads of tea thanks to my new kettle <3, and buying a new phone internetally.

Internetally!!

My evening has been made by the formation of that word! :D

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Tonight, I'm

drinking whisky and watching Season 1 of House.

Oh, I adore consistency.

Andy
04-27-2006, 05:18 PM
I ran out of alcohol!!!!!

And Dave, I couldn't find any of that whisky in my local Asda. I'll just get a other such cheap bottle of scotch and be common next week!

- -Lauren- -
04-27-2006, 05:18 PM
today...
-my friend burned me Lacuna Coil's latest CD "Karmacode"
-let me borrow 4 of his Alternitive Press magazines
-did my math homework
-talked to my friend and did spanish in class at the same time, pretty funny...he was really high, so i did the work and gave him the answers because i knew he couldn't do a single thing...
-on the computer (obviously)
-downloaded 2 Aiden songs

..and that's it so far.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-27-2006, 05:23 PM
I ran out of alcohol!!!!!

And Dave, I couldn't find any of that whisky in my local Asda. I'll just get a other such cheap bottle of scotch and be common next week!

Ahh, that sucks. Oh well, can't win them all. I shall see you next week.

Andy
04-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Definately. I suggest next Wednesday.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Next Wednesday? I don't usually drink during the week.

Andy
04-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Time to change, Davey boy.

Little_Miss_1565
04-27-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm going to go take my fun pills, shower, and crochet until I fall asleep! It's not quite 9 pm! Old lady old lady!

Andy
04-27-2006, 05:37 PM
I want Fun Pills.

wheelchairman
04-27-2006, 05:49 PM
This evening, I finally set up my web page on Cascadian Independence. Wrote a short introductory article for it. And then formatted the two long articles of a friend of mine, while I searched for an article that I had written for a Dutch political newspaper last winter.

I compiled a list of articles to link to from other newspapers, and then researched a little to see what info was available on the web today. The wiki page has certainly grown.

And to top it off, I started reading "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kesey (famous Cascadian author) and it's so good that I've been reading it for 3 hours even though I should (and could) have slept for at least 3 hours now.

Mota Boy
04-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Took a power nap from 5:15 to 7:15, then jumped out of bed and drove around for an hour to catch the last bit of sunset, ate a burrito and am going to watch The Aristocrats and drink a couple beers, and perhaps set up my new digital camera. Then maybe get around to opening the mysterious handwritten letter my mom forwarded to me, from an address in Pennsylvania I don't recognize in the least.

Mysterious!

Endymion
04-27-2006, 08:48 PM
And to top it off, I started reading "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kesey (famous Cascadian author) and it's so good that I've been reading it for 3 hours even though I should (and could) have slept for at least 3 hours now.
that was my favorite book for a looooong time. it's fucking amazing.

Endymion
04-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Then maybe get around to opening the mysterious handwritten letter my mom forwarded to me, addressed to a "Mr. _____" from an address in Pennsylvania I don't recognize in the least.

Mysterious!
just remember:
white powder = cocaine