PDA

View Full Version : i just got back from the sleepover of hell

Human
04-29-2006, 12:34 PM
gahhhhh!!!! I had the worst night of my life last night. I'm seriously shaken. I got offered alchohol, and got almost forced into trying some. its a really long story so ill have to tell it later. but yeah...I got pretty freaked out. thank g-d her dad caught her...I was just standing there like a dumbfuck...I was pretty confused. yeah. I didn't know what to do at all. long story...I don't know...I had always thought that I would know what to do...until the time came. ugh. my first answer was yesr [i am ashamed to say]. have you guys ever been in situations like that? if so, tell me the stories or whatever...

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Peer pressure is a big thing, especially at your age. Don't be ashamed, back when I was 11/12 I'd have said yes too.

T-6005
04-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Alcohol is evil and wrong.

the_GoDdEsS
04-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Says the drunkard Canadian.

Endymion
04-29-2006, 12:40 PM
why did the title of this thread make me think 'i just flew in from new york and boy are my arms tired'?

Little_Miss_1565
04-29-2006, 12:54 PM
It's a tough situation. People might tell you that you'll know to do the right thing when the time comes, but it's never that easy. Just keep telling yourself there's a time and place for everything, and that's college. Underage drinking anywhere else is pretty useless. Hang in there.

Thomas
04-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Alcohol is evil and wrong.

This is pretty much the geratest thing ever.

0r4ng3
04-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Woah, wait a minute there. I sigged it about an hour ago.

Edit: Fine, you can take it. I have another sig in mind anyway.

Thomas
04-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Woah, wait a minute there. I sigged it about an hour ago.

Edit: Fine, you can take it. I have another sig in mind anyway.
I didn't notice. My apologies.

killer_queen
04-29-2006, 02:16 PM
My dad made me drink my first alcohol when I was 3 years old. Of course, I don't remember it, I watched its tape (mom has this weird habit of recording almost every dinner). And since I was 9 he always allowed me to drink a very little glass whatever I want on my birthdays. And now, I'm allowed to drink without getting really drunk. I guess I have a bad father. =/

MindlessSelfIndulgent
04-29-2006, 02:27 PM
I guess I have a bad father. =/

Pffft! :mad:

sKratch
04-29-2006, 02:41 PM
It's a tough situation. People might tell you that you'll know to do the right thing when the time comes, but it's never that easy. Just keep telling yourself there's a time and place for everything, and that's college. Underage drinking anywhere else is pretty useless. Hang in there.
Agreed 110%.

GreenTerror
04-29-2006, 03:41 PM
gahhhhh!!!! I had the worst night of my life last night. I'm seriously shaken. I got offered alchohol, and got almost forced into trying some. its a really long story so ill have to tell it later. but yeah...I got pretty freaked out. thank g-d her dad caught her...I was just standing there like a dumbfuck...I was pretty confused. yeah. I didn't know what to do at all. long story...I don't know...I had always thought that I would know what to do...until the time came. ugh. my first answer was yesr [i am ashamed to say]. have you guys ever been in situations like that? if so, tell me the stories or whatever...
Was it that one frined of yours that you don't like? Because she's retarded?

Don't drink. Because sober people will watch you get drunk and act like an idiot and laugh at you. You'll get raped too.

Watch out, girl.

wheelchairman
04-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Did a Mexican ask you for a job?

mrconeman
04-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Heh, I know the feeling.
I get offered all sorts of drugs from my brothers friends when he has them in my house. I've never said yes to anything, I do drink though.
I find the best way to go about refusing is just explain that you genuinly dont want to do it, the worst they can do from there is make fun, call you a wimp or something, but it stops them from offering.

endlesst0m
04-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Peer pressure is a big thing, especially at your age. Don't be ashamed, back when I was 11/12 I'd have said yes too.

She's only 11?!

Damn girl, stay away from alcohol for now. If you start drinking now, your chances at developing a drinking problem are too great.

JohnnyNemesis
04-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Did a Mexican ask you for a job?

No Thomas: THIS is the greatest thing ever. Holy shit, the lawlz.

Jakebert
04-29-2006, 05:30 PM
The whole "just say no" campaign things are just dumb because they aren't grounded to reality at all. They make it seem a lot easier than it is.

But, like everyone else said, it's rough, but it is possible to do. Hang in there.

ignition991
04-29-2006, 05:55 PM
why did the title of this thread make me think 'i just flew in from new york and boy are my arms tired'?

I just got back from the sleepover of hell, boy am i sweating.

Lizardus
04-30-2006, 12:27 AM
Alcohol:Cause and solution to everyday's problems.

notoriousdoc
04-30-2006, 12:43 AM
Simpsons: retards quote it because they can't think of their own.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
04-30-2006, 02:38 AM
Parents that tell you you can't drink no matter what, are idiots. It's a good idea to let their kids have one drink with them, or something. What's the harm? If you're not allowed to drink you'll run out and get piss drunk because 'omg I'm not allowed to!'. Meh. I guess drinking just isn't a big deal here. I've been allowed to go out drinking from when I was 13. Tis not a big deal. Except I have no brain cells left. Hello?

Rinoa
04-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Peer pressure never really affected me as a kid. I used to try my mum's cocktails when we were on holiday from a really young age so I've always been comfortable with booze. I've never tried smoking though (at least not the legal stuff) and whenever kids at school pestered me to try they always got the finger.

Don't be scared to say no. It's your body and your life, so look after it the way you want to. If people can't respect that then they're just not worth your time or friendship anyway.

Human
04-30-2006, 11:17 AM
its a whole hell of alot harder to say no than it looks...

wheelchairman
04-30-2006, 11:39 AM
To a Mexican asking for a job?*

*job is not slang for booze.

notoriousdoc
04-30-2006, 11:46 AM
It's not that hard to say no to anything, I've turned down the shit that's been offered to me.

DeAtHsTaR
04-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Just think of it this way. You are WAY too young to drink.

Lizardus
04-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Simpsons: retards quote it because they can't think of their own.
You so smart. <3

All About Eve
04-30-2006, 05:41 PM
Just think of it this way. You are WAY too young to drink.
You never fail to amaze me.

T-6005
04-30-2006, 05:44 PM
It really isn't. As someone who said "Oh GOD yes" when I had the chance, I might not be the most qualified party to tell you, but in the end it's just a word. I know plenty of people who have no trouble saying no. The only reason you would say yes is if you were hesitant on your own in the first place.

EDIT - What kind of alcohol was it?

Sin Studly
04-30-2006, 06:27 PM
It really isn't. As someone who said "Oh GOD yes" when I had the chance, I might not be the most qualified party to tell you, but in the end it's just a word. I know plenty of people who have no trouble saying no. The only reason you would say yes is if you were hesitant on your own in the first place.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

DeAtHsTaR
04-30-2006, 07:13 PM
You never fail to amaze me.
So 11 isn't too young to be a drunk?

Damn, I learn something new every day.

Endymion
04-30-2006, 07:16 PM
see seems smart enough to make her own choice on the matter.

and saying no is easy. you say "no thanks" and they say "ok" and offer the next person some.

Little_Miss_1565
04-30-2006, 07:18 PM
and saying no is easy. you say "no thanks" and they say "ok" and offer the next person some.

In a perfect world. Some people are pricks and instead of saying "ok" say "OHMIGOD NO WAI WUT A HOMO" and tell evveryone they know from then on what a loser you are. Yeah, I been dere.

Endymion
04-30-2006, 07:28 PM
In a perfect world. Some people are pricks and instead of saying "ok" say "OHMIGOD NO WAI WUT A HOMO" and tell evveryone they know from then on what a loser you are. Yeah, I been dere.
=/ long beach is soft or something? i don't get hassled. maybe i just intimidate the fuck out of everyone with my scrawniness and my curly red hair. you know, it could happen.

DeAtHsTaR
04-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Oh now I see what Eve was saying... yeah I was pressured into that when I was 12. I'm not gonan say I didn't like it, but still. I wanted to say no, but I didn't have the spine.

Mota Boy
04-30-2006, 08:12 PM
In a perfect world. Some people are pricks and instead of saying "ok" say "OHMIGOD NO WAI WUT A HOMO" and tell evveryone they know from then on what a loser you are. Yeah, I been dere.Dayum, what type of "friends" did you have?

Back when I didn't drink, if I was hanging around my friends when they were about to drink or smoke up with older friends of theirs, they'd tell me beforehand and reassure me that nobody cared if I turned it down. Like, every time in multiple situations, I would be asked if I was OK with it.

Human - We never know how we're going to deal with situations until we're in them, and what makes it all the more difficult is that we, as people, often learn how to handle certain situations from others. So when you're alone in a new experience, it's difficult not to be swept along. It helps to clearly outline outline your position in your mind. You don't want to drink, you don't have to drink, and you can turn it down. It often helps to be cool with the other person drinking, but considering the age of your peers, it's really not something with which you *should* be comfortable. If that's the case, first just politely turn it down and suggest doing something else. If they press you, make it clear that you're not going to be pursuaded. Say something like "Look, I'm not going to drink. If you really want to that badly, go drink by yourself, but I just want to *insert other activity here*." It's much better to make it out so that the decision not to drink is yours, instead of saying something like "What if we get caught?" or "My parents will kill me.". If you list reasons, the other person will often try to argue them. Just simply state that you don't want to drink. It might even help to go over certain scenarios in your head so you're a bit more familiar with them and a bit more comfortable reacting to them.

It's difficult to set an appropriate age for drinking. College is a pretty safe answer, but most of my friends began drinking in high school. The time around age sixteen seemed to be a pretty big tipping point. It's going to be a matter of personal choice, but eleven is way too damn young. Your brain is still in the relatively early stages of its formative years, and acquainting it with copious amounts of poison is not the key to healthy development, not to mention that early alcohol us is generally symptomatic of a more fundamental problem.

Sin Studly
05-01-2006, 04:16 AM
I wonder why ppl find it so difficult to say no. Sometimes I just said "no" to make a stand, even if I longed after it.

But then you don't get your fifty euros.

kamikaze
05-01-2006, 04:18 AM
My dad gave me a beer when I was 6 because there was no other liquid with us and I was thirsty. I didn't drink it, though. He even gave me my first cigarette when I was 5. I did try that. And I nearly choked to death. My dad was an ass.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-01-2006, 04:35 AM
People get way too uppy about people drinking these days. Fair enough if you're 5, but when you're 16 or 17 and drink a bit people seem to assume you have a drink problem, which is ridiculous.

kamikaze
05-01-2006, 12:23 PM
I bet he still is.

Actually, he's dead now. :)

**EDIT: Yes, he's really dead, but don't compare me to that other asshole. The PUNX KID or whatever. I'm not looking for sympathy or pity. The dickhead got what he had coming. Kthx.

Sin Studly
05-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Hahahaha, no-dad!

kamikaze
05-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Hahahaha, no-dad!

Hahahah, i know! We could all go visit him! He's always in. I'm sure his current company is really bugging him....

And Maria, I won't be seeing him again. If there is a hell, he's in it, and I'm not ending up there.