PDA

View Full Version : A Maths teacher story

Duskygrin
04-30-2006, 09:23 AM
. .

the_GoDdEsS
04-30-2006, 09:27 AM
I've heard dozens of stories like that in the teacher environment. We all have our embarrassing moments. My Maths teacher was an old guy who seemed to have a slight crush on me he even made public on several occassions, not just because of my looks but also because I was second best at Maths in the whole class. Oh God, high school.

killer_queen
04-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Maths teachers are nuts. The one I had on 9th grade never taught as anything about maths. All he talked about was morality and that kind of crap. He also hated rich people with no end.
The one I had this year is a pretty, 40-year-old woman and she is a really good teacher. But she would be better if she wasn't talking about how she and her husband touch each other sometimes.

About the story, students are really cruel and teachers need to be careful about everything. Otherwise they can get new and unpleasant nicknames.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-30-2006, 09:55 AM
one of the maths teachers in my school got done for being a pedo-he got a student pregnant

killer_queen
04-30-2006, 09:58 AM
one of the maths teachers in my school got done for being a pedo-he got a student pregnant
Not unusual. Although you guys say that Freud is an idiot he might be right about this subject. Most of the teachers are sexually attracted to little children.

Preocupado
04-30-2006, 10:01 AM
I've seen all kinds of math teachers but the type that beats all the others in incompetence is that "lovely goofy" kind. The one with an emotional age of 10 years old, highly neglective, dressed on his mother's rules, pasty hair and a shy, passive and friendly facade.

This guy isn't teaching students. He is there hoping to be prazed and recognized, so he pulls these sadistic games on the students throught the difficulties of math. You can see the pathetic grin on his face when someone says "i didn't understand"...

Shit, never mind this.

0r4ng3
04-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Back in 9th grade, I had the most incompetent math teacher. Basically, the math teacher we were supposed to have left to go to another school, so this guy was hired about 2 months into the school year. He didn't speak english too well, and my friends were always correcting his math mistakes. That year is the reason I'm struggling in math today.

Edit: Oh, and he doesn't teach at my school anymore, after that year.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-30-2006, 10:09 AM
good old incompetent teachers,ruining the next gerneration

Preocupado
04-30-2006, 10:28 AM
You may be going too far about that sadistic part. I don't think you can generalize on this, all teachers have their own issues.

Yes yes not all teachers. I'm generalizing a particular type that always has these same particularities.

You know, they only seem to care about demonstrating that, no matter how much you achieve, they'll always know another, more difficult problem. They know, they know and they know more.That's the point of the class... enough.

Jakebert
04-30-2006, 10:31 AM
good old incompetent teachers,ruining the next gerneration

Yeah, look what they did to you.

My freshman year, I had a science teacher who stopped wearing ties to school because he constantly got them stuck in his desk and would get up and be jerked into the desk and slam his nuts off of it. I miss that guy.

Rinoa
04-30-2006, 11:19 AM
I remember when I was in secondary school we had a new Welsh teacher, whom none of us particularly liked. She was young-ish and dressed up as if she was going out to a wine bar instead of school and often flirted with some of the lads in our class.

But anyway, one very embarrassing day for her, was when she came into school with white jeans. We had her for class and I remember some of my friends snickering about something. I asked them what they were laughing at and they pointed at the teacher's jeans. There was a nasty red stain evolving on her white trousers :\

When she realised what everyone was giggling & cringing at she quickly left our class and didn't return for the rest of the week. Definitely a bad time of the month, haha.

notoriousdoc
04-30-2006, 11:29 AM
My English teacher is insanely obsessed with Everquest II. He spent half an hour in one lesson telling the class about this quest he was doing which took up his entire weekend and his mouse character on it.

The thing is, he's such a great teacher and story-teller that he kept the entire class interested in the whole thing, even the chavier kids. All the kids have this kinda awed respect for him, and I really don't know why. He kept the entire class interested in Twelfth Night as well. Some teachers are just really cool, rather than paedophiles.

Jakebert
04-30-2006, 11:45 AM
If you're impying some sort of sexual relationship, you are mistaken.

...he always rejected my advances.

Jakebert
04-30-2006, 11:54 AM
He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would flirt with a student or anything. Although, I guess he found a thong on his floor this year or something.

Nina
04-30-2006, 12:25 PM
For the love of god, it's MATH. No s. please.

the_GoDdEsS
04-30-2006, 12:44 PM
No, both is possible as far as I know.

Rinoa
04-30-2006, 12:49 PM
She's right both are used. It depends where you're from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maths

The word "mathematics" comes from the Greek μάθημα (máthēma) meaning science, knowledge, or learning, and μαθηματικός (mathēmatikós), meaning fond of learning. It is often abbreviated math in North American English and maths in Commonwealth English .