PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys think this is a coincidence?

DeAtHsTaR
04-30-2006, 01:42 PM
I saw this on another board.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e143/mrswahlberg/stuff/untitled.jpg
GORILLAZ

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e143/mrswahlberg/stuff/band80.jpg
THE OFFSPRING

Noodle is in the same position as Noodles, and they both play guitar. The singer is in the same place as Dexter, who sings. The drummer is in the same place as Ron, and the bassist is in the same place as Greg. Also, a tall building is in the background in both pics.

Ninty Man
04-30-2006, 01:43 PM
I saw this on another board.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e143/mrswahlberg/stuff/untitled.jpg
GORILLAZ

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e143/mrswahlberg/stuff/band80.jpg
THE OFFSPRING

Noodle is in the same position as Noodles, and they both play guitar. The singer is in the same place as Dexter, who sings. The drummer is in the same place as Ron, and the bassist is in the same place as Greg. Also, a tall building is in the background in both pics.

Do you think that Damon Albarn, cares a shit about Offspring??? Dude, it's a coincidence... keep the memory of Gorillaz in peace, for respect

Emily_offspring_fan
04-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Do you think that Damon Albarn, cares a shit about Offspring??? Dude, it's a coincidence... keep the memory of Gorillaz in peace, for respect

Ninty man please stop defending Gorillaz. They used to be good but now they completely suck.
And hey that's weird! What a coincidence!

I think it's Noodles, not Noodle (more coincidence). Correct me if I'm mistaken.

EDIT: huh, it's Noodle. I thought it was Noodles.

Ninty Man
04-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Ninty man please stop defending Gorillaz. They used to be good but now they completely suck.

I think it's Noodles, not Noodle (more coincidence). Correct me if I'm mistaken.

They don't suck, they rules forever and ever ( :mad: ) IN fact, Demon Days it's one of the best albums I've ever heard (besides Ixnay on the Hombre)

Emily_offspring_fan
04-30-2006, 01:51 PM
They don't suck, they rules forever and ever ( :mad: ) IN fact, Demon Days it's one of the best albums I've ever heard (besides Ixnay on the Hombre)
No, the only good songs are M1A1 and maybe Starshine, in my opinion. Both from the first album.

Ninty Man
04-30-2006, 01:53 PM
No, the only good songs are M1A1 and maybe Starshine, in my opinion. Both from the first album.

Holy crap... the first album it's overrated... it's good, but very experimental... Demon Days it's solid from beginning to the end :mad:

DeAtHsTaR
04-30-2006, 02:29 PM
IMO, it's either a very strong coincidence, or Damon likes The Offspring.

no_way
04-30-2006, 03:17 PM
i don't think this is a coincidence...
may it be some kind of (bad) joke or (stupid) irony???

w3s
04-30-2006, 03:23 PM

EDIT: huh, it's Noodle. I thought it was Noodles.

I'm join you.
It's not a coincidence ..

momo1tx
04-30-2006, 03:27 PM
I don't think it's intentional at all... the seems like a somewhat typical picture to take, nothing "signature" to one band.

JohnnyNemesis
04-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Seems like a coincidence. I mean, there's nothing unique about the original image either; the only thing worth mentioning is the way singer-singer, guitarist-guitarist, etc. match up.

DeAtHsTaR
04-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Seems like a coincidence. I mean, there's nothing unique about the original image either; the only thing worth mentioning is the way singer-singer, guitarist-guitarist, etc. match up.
And the tall building in the background, and the guitarists' names are similar, and the artist came up with the names of the band members.

Little_Miss_1565
04-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Eh. It's not a very well-known photo of the Offspring, so I doubt it's on purpose.

Nood!es
04-30-2006, 08:03 PM
Which pic was taken first (idk what this has to do with anything)
But Im sure the Offspring one was taken first. Cause if Im correct the Gorrilaz pic is from the back of Demon Days. And the Offspring one has Ron in it.

DeAtHsTaR
05-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Which pic was taken first (idk what this has to do with anything)
But Im sure the Offspring one was taken first. Cause if Im correct the Gorrilaz pic is from the back of Demon Days. And the Offspring one has Ron in it.
I think the Gorillaz one was from their self-titled album. But judging by Noodles's beard, the pic was in 1998 or so.

Marco
05-01-2006, 08:47 AM
i don't think this is a coincidence...
may it be some kind of (bad) joke or (stupid) irony???
I second your opinion........

offspringer24
05-01-2006, 08:53 AM
its a very popular technique in photography, and yes they suck damon albarn is a real freak nowadays

Emily_offspring_fan
05-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I think the Gorillaz one was from their self-titled album. But judging by Noodles's beard, the pic was in 1998 or so.
No, the Self titled album has the singer writing in a purple wall if I'm not mistaken. It should be Demon Days.

offspring fan
05-01-2006, 09:55 AM
its from the album g-sides from 2002.

Llamas
05-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Eh. It's not a very well-known photo of the Offspring, so I doubt it's on purpose.
my thoughts exactly. if the offspring had used it on the back of an album cover, I wouldn't think it was coincidence... but this, my friend, is.

Lightyears
05-01-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm thinking coincidence.

Lots of bands use that kind of photo. Building in the back and everything. The only thing that really matches up is the band members are in the same place. Other than that, that pick has been done 1000 times by other bands.

DeAtHsTaR
05-01-2006, 01:48 PM
No, the Self titled album has the singer writing in a purple wall if I'm not mistaken. It should be Demon Days.
No, the track list doesn't have Dare or Feel Good.

rlplaymaker
05-01-2006, 02:16 PM
man the gorillaz are awesome....too bad damin albarn had to be a pussy and retire the band

skiddles824
05-01-2006, 02:18 PM
when did that happen???????????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Emily_offspring_fan
05-01-2006, 02:27 PM
No, the track list doesn't have Dare or Feel Good.
yeah, I didn't pay attention to that. I only thought it was Demon Days for the tower, which appears in the "Feel good inc." video...or it was a mill?
:confused:

randman21
05-01-2006, 03:10 PM
DeathStar is a member of the myspace Offspring group, ya? If not, it's a coincidence that it's being brought up here.;)

I seriously think that this is no coincidence. It's too close to be...

DeAtHsTaR
05-01-2006, 03:40 PM
DeathStar is a member of the myspace Offspring group, ya? If not, it's a coincidence that it's being brought up here.;)

I seriously think that this is no coincidence. It's too close to be...
Haha yeah I'm Dain on there.

I don't know
05-01-2006, 04:23 PM
it may be a coincidence, but it's a cool coincidence,hehe

noodle654
05-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Thats whack

The-Offspring-RuLe
05-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Its just one of those things, let it rest. There isnt much else you can read about it now, because its just turning into a panto scene. Even if it was copied off the offspring woopdy bloody doo, lets all have a party and get stoned and like throw things at cars...jeez whether it is or isnt, its just one of those things.