PDA

View Full Version : offspring vs. simple plan

summer_guy
04-30-2006, 02:58 PM
its hard to make difference cos both r the greatest. offspring is the history of punkrock... peace.... mudvayne sucks and offspring kicks ass yea(h)

Ninty Man
04-30-2006, 02:59 PM
its hard to make difference cos both r the greatest. offspring is the history of punkrock... peace.... mudvayne sucks and offspring kicks ass yea(h)

WTF???????????????????????? :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

Emily_offspring_fan
04-30-2006, 03:01 PM
What? ah...and I choose Simple Plan! They rock!! They're my favourite band!! :p What am I doing on an Offspring forum?

bd007h
04-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Simple Plan is fucking terrible. What does Mudvayne have to do with this anyways? Oh well, Mudvayne kicks ass

no_way
04-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Reasons why I don't like Simple Plan (anymore):

1. They're not as good musicians as The Offspring
2. Offspring lyrcs are deeper
3. Simple plan is now more like a product than a band
4. Too popular for my taste
5. Annoying kids that want to "shut up" the world
6. pop/punk
7. teens are more interested in "the hot singer" than in the band (i don't wanna belong to that group)
8. I hate them!!!

That_Guy91
04-30-2006, 03:56 PM
6. pop/punk
The Offspring is pop-punk.

Did I mention summer_guy is an idiotic spammer?

Awesomo
04-30-2006, 03:57 PM
I agree with all those except for 4. So what if a band is popular, is it not OK to like a band that has a big fan base? Yeah, Simple Plan has a large fan base but for all the wrong reasons.

Mudvayne is also way better than simple plan even though they are WAY different musically.

_JJB
04-30-2006, 04:03 PM
First of all, don't compare The Offspring with Simple Plan cause these bands play completely different music. Yes, it's music almost punk rock but Simple Plan is plastic-rebel-punk.

Secondly, that's completely non-sens. Why do you wanna compare these bands? Do you think some of them is better?

no_way
04-30-2006, 04:10 PM
I agree with all those except for 4. So what if a band is popular, is it not OK to like a band that has a big fan base? Yeah, Simple Plan has a large fan base but for all the wrong reasons.

Mudvayne is also way better than simple plan even though they are WAY different musically.

i've never heard of Mudvayne, so i couldn't tell... well you said it yourself, it's ok if it's popular for making good music, but simple plan is not popular for that and y'all know that.

i'm not used to like music that everyone hears anyway, except some green day songs (not the comercial ones)

offspring_freak_3
04-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Simple Plan is fucking terrible. What does Mudvayne have to do with this anyways? Oh well, Mudvayne kicks ass
what he says, expept the Mudvayne part

nameless
04-30-2006, 04:38 PM
simple plan are ok but the offspring are much better!

bd007h
04-30-2006, 04:39 PM
what he says, expept the Mudvayne part

what's wrong with Mudvayne? :p

Luriden
04-30-2006, 04:41 PM
I really, REALLY hope this is a joke.

Simple Plan are one of the shittiest bands on earth. If you really have a hard time trying to decide which band is better, you obviously belong on MTV.com's forums (if they have forums).

offspring_freak_3
04-30-2006, 04:42 PM
what's wrong with Mudvayne? :p
i've never heard anything about (him or them) so i cant say anything ;)

That_Guy91
04-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Did everyone just ignore me?

Luriden
04-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Did everyone just ignore me?

I saw it, but the sad thing is that there are people here that are almost semi-agreeing with him...

H1T_That
04-30-2006, 04:54 PM

either bad religion or millencolin....i cant decide.

[G]AMMA
04-30-2006, 04:58 PM
They cannot be compared

noodle654
04-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Simple Plan could possibly be the worst band ever next to Hollywood Undead

Emily_offspring_fan
04-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Simple Plan could possibly be the worst band ever next to Hollywood Undead
What about Good Charlotte?

noodle654
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Trust me, Hollywood Undead is worse

It goes

HU
GC
SP

Emily_offspring_fan
04-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Luckily I don't know them

noodle654
04-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Thank god....it makes your ears bleed, and makes you screm Bloody Murder.

noodle654
04-30-2006, 08:48 PM
And why is this thread here?? Mods can you close this BS?? We are on a Offspring BBS and we are posting a Simple Plan or Offspring thread. Summer_guy go away.

bd007h
04-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Simple Plan and Good Charlotte are equally shit

Nood!es
04-30-2006, 08:52 PM
I thought summer_guy was gone

noodle654
04-30-2006, 09:06 PM
I thought summer_guy was gone

I thought that too

endlesst0m
04-30-2006, 10:05 PM
The Offspring is pop-punk.

Did I mention summer_guy is an idiotic spammer?

I hate to spark a serious debate in such a dumb topic, but how is offspring pop punk?

I always thought of pop punk as more of a sound, and less of a statement of how popular a punk band was.

For example, New Found Glory, a band that perhaps defines the pop-punk sound, has no songs that sound anything like Offspring.

offspring_freak_3
04-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Simple Plan and Good Charlotte are equally shit
i second that

Hypodermic_89
05-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Pop punk = Punk with poppy melodies. Doesn't have anything to do with popularity.
Punk pop = Popular punk. (Green Day)

Simple plan doesn't fit into any of those two. Simple Plan is pop rock.

Edit: Few Offspring songs are pop punk. Want You Bad, Pretty Fly, Original Prankster, Spare Me The Details, Hit That, Why Don't You Get A Job, Worst Hangover Ever, Special Delivery.. The rest are punk/punkrock/skate punk. I probably forgot some songs but you get the point.

SaiKYoU
05-01-2006, 04:39 AM
Simple plan are the new punk pop band who has 2 good songs and always sing the same boring lyrics... it's a pop version of Blink182, or a punk version of nsync or any of those stupid ones...

Sasoolero
05-01-2006, 05:57 AM
simple plan are ok but the offspring are much better!
yeah, i agree with you, i like simple plan, but i love offspring !

HisHolinessSatan
05-01-2006, 06:40 AM
Why are we even discussing this?

Simple Plan sucks, quit crying.

no_way
05-01-2006, 06:44 AM
my opinion:

pop/punk: Popular/comercial rock, with some slow songs to atract public (Perfect), some sticky songs to make teens jump (Welcome to my life, or Shut Up), kids dressed in black because that's what's "in", and maybe a song that shows how "punkers" they are (shut up :confused: )

for some of you maybe pop/punk is punk but with less energy, and softer chords and singable songs. I don't really know what statement is true

Jojan
05-01-2006, 06:56 AM
Simple Plan makes me wanna throw up on them.

Jalle
05-01-2006, 07:04 AM
mh...simple plan is soo much sweet little punkpoprock boyband next door...

offspring is "harder" xD i dunno...but its like that!

simple plan is sooo sweet :D :p

SaiKYoU
05-01-2006, 08:19 AM
it's like NOFX "Separation of Church nad Skate" lyrics...

Dmarques
05-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Simple plan are the new punk pop band who has 2 good songs and always sing the same boring lyrics... it's a pop version of Blink182, or a punk version of nsync or any of those stupid ones...

You're right...

That_Guy91
05-01-2006, 06:57 PM
my opinion:

pop/punk: Popular/comercial rock, with some slow songs to atract public (Perfect), some sticky songs to make teens jump (Welcome to my life, or Shut Up), kids dressed in black because that's what's "in", and maybe a song that shows how "punkers" they are (shut up :confused: )

for some of you maybe pop/punk is punk but with less energy, and softer chords and singable songs. I don't really know what statement is true
Neither of those are even all that close to the definition of pop-punk. The Vandals are pop-punk, and they probably have more energy than most punk bands. Same goes for The Descendents.

Llamas
05-01-2006, 09:53 PM
any act that falls into a mold that can be popular (basically, if your instrumentation contains guitars, drums, bass, and vocals) is pop. Every band most people on here likes fits into pop. However, there are groups that are more or less poppy than others, and some are soley pop. Simple plan strives to meet the pop mold much harder than the offspring does.

I like the offspring a lot more because their lead vocalist isn't whiney sounding and he has a unique voice... their lyrics are a ton better, and they're established. not to mention, they did their own thing before it was popular. simple plan got famous cause they did what was in. the offspring made what they did in.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
05-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Go To The Simple Plan Forums.

Apathy
05-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Reasons why I don't like Simple Plan (anymore):

4. Too popular for my taste

6. pop/punk

These reasons apply to the offspring too....

The Offspring are pop-punk.. doesn't matter what anyone says. There's kinda a few different sections though. There's your extremely poppy pop-punk (See: Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Blink-182, Bowling For Soup) and theres the Pop-Punk that's a little more punk oriented ( The Descendents, Nofx, Older Offspring, The Vandals, Millencolin, Lagwagon.)

Basically... the really poppy stuff is what you see in magazines and on tv a lot. But it's still pop-punk and so are the offspring.

Oh, and I hate simple plan.

no_way
05-02-2006, 02:30 PM
offspring is not very popular here in my country, there are not stupid girls everywhere wearing a THE OFFSPRING bagpack (is that how it goes??), so it's not as popular as simple plan, goos charlotte, blink, etc....

and then, if you want to say offspring's pop punk, go ahead, but i don't share your opinion, sorry.

SaiKYoU
05-02-2006, 02:36 PM
yeah, everyone knows that "Selfesteem" for example is a PunkPop song... *ahem*

The Search Button
05-02-2006, 02:44 PM
So many discussion around pop\punk,punk\pop,ska,punk.........i prefer to rate music as good or bad music.I just don't understand how anyone dares to put a "vs" in between offspring and simple plan.

no_way
05-02-2006, 03:00 PM
well, there's no earthly way of comparing Mozart with the offspring (and that's one of the millions of examples) so we need to divide things somehow
but maybe this pop/punk rock/punk discussion is just worthless

That_Guy91
05-02-2006, 03:08 PM
and then, if you want to say offspring's pop punk, go ahead, but i don't share your opinion, sorry.
That's because you have no clue what pop-punk is.

Apathy's pretty much correct, for the most part.

Llamas
05-02-2006, 04:31 PM
So many discussion around pop\punk,punk\pop,ska,punk.........i prefer to rate music as good or bad music.I just don't understand how anyone dares to put a "vs" in between offspring and simple plan.
I don't really believe that there is very much "bad" music out there. I don't rate music on a good/bad scale, and I don't compare types or bands. I just like music and mostly rate it based on how much I'm tempted to listen to it, and how much I feel for it.

skiddles824
05-02-2006, 04:34 PM
i have 4 words to say
SIMPLE PLAN SUCKS ASS

punker
05-02-2006, 06:59 PM
That's because you have no clue what pop-punk is.

true, saying if a band is pop-punk or not isn't an opinion, is a concept

Apathy
05-02-2006, 07:00 PM
offspring is not very popular here in my country, there are not stupid girls everywhere wearing a THE OFFSPRING bagpack (is that how it goes??), so it's not as popular as simple plan, goos charlotte, blink, etc....

... then we have a different problem than I thought. You don't know what pop-punk is. Pop-punk is not rock music that little girls like. which, is what you seem to think.

You're kinda like the guy who thinks ska is Punk with Horns.

Sorry to be a genre nazi here.... but think about it.

no_way
05-02-2006, 07:04 PM
well actually i'm pretty sure that POP comes from POPULAR, so...

BIG Nicky
05-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Pop punk is ok. At least it's a type of punk.

BIG Nicky
05-02-2006, 07:06 PM
well actually i'm pretty sure that POP comes from POPULAR, so...
Good point.

Llamas
05-02-2006, 08:08 PM
... then we have a different problem than I thought. You don't know what pop-punk is. Pop-punk is not rock music that little girls like. which, is what you seem to think.

You're kinda like the guy who thinks ska is Punk with Horns.

Sorry to be a genre nazi here.... but think about it.

I hate it when people try to define music genres like it's fact... I consider pop-punk to be a big encompassing genre with many smaller genres within it... the offspring, simple plan, lagwagon, nofx, bad religion, green day, good charlotte, and bowling for soup all fall into this category. They are just different types of pop-punk. I happen to not really think there is such think as punk that's not pop-punk, though.