PDA

View Full Version : Will genetics dictate the future of races?

HornyPope
05-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Will the history of blacks, for instance, a people manipulated and bred for hard labour for centuries will foretell their future? How will their skills--a result of natural selection--pay them devidents a century or two from now? Or will it grow obsolete sooner than they learn to seize it, or perhaps the idea of what makes a marketable skills will entierly shift?

Made me wonder the other day. I wonder if one can spot a pattern.

JoY
05-02-2006, 08:26 AM
it's all about selection of genes. people with unfortunate genes were supposed to be wiped off this planet ages ago according to survival of the fittest, but as long as we have a medical system with the ultimate goal to cure everything, that won't work. also with our lawsystem, promoting equalty & as many rights as one can think of.

this is how I understood your topic.

either way, of course one can spot a trend, a pattern within families. even within cultures & populations. how that will evolve.. I'm guessing not in a way you can predict anything based on genetic selection, because the evolution of mankind won't have a natural process. unless you consider our interventions natural.

barangatang
05-02-2006, 08:32 AM
The blacks will end up being the jews' muscle.

BUt seroiusly?

I agree with what bella said. With the system we have right now, no body will be wiped out.

HornyPope
05-03-2006, 04:53 AM
I'm not concerned over who gets wiped out. I'm following a path of a people (viz race, civilisation, community) who endured centuries of hardship and as a result grew stronger and fitter due to laws of genetics. I'm wondering how will this reflect on their future and our world in the 21st century and beyond.

HisHolinessSatan
05-03-2006, 06:07 AM
Thats a good question. The problem with today is that natural selection no longer occurs. This is true with humans, and with animals. Humans have managed to cure almost anything, and are constantly trying to save different species of animals to "promote diversity". These animals are dying for a good reason; they can't adapt.

Sin Studly
05-03-2006, 06:51 AM
Genetics means nothing anymore, now that society strives to keep alive the worthless and let them breed. Blacks (american blacks) will be bred into the same softness of the whites by the time they're sociologically and financially equal to us.

T-6005
05-03-2006, 07:40 AM
In answer to what I believe the original post is asking - I don't believe the specialization has gone far enough to affect the path of an entire race.

Blacks, for example, although at one point in history bred for strength and size and having the others weeded out for generations, have not necessarily lost those traits. I don't believe that the breeding has been specialized enough to achieve such an effect.

Night
05-03-2006, 08:15 AM
Oh, people, genetic helps people!
And about clones-the law of Sixth Day still active^)

OffspringPhreak
05-04-2006, 07:04 AM
I agree with pretty much everybody(especially with what HisHolinessSatan said).

George Carlin has a good bit where he talks about all these new toys being made that are "child safe" and stuff. He basically says that toys need to be dangerous to weed out the stupid kids and let the smart ones live(instead of what we have now--safe toys letting the stupid people live too). Pretty funny joke.

Preocupado
05-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Will genetics dictate the future of races?

My personal grasp is no. That possibility is over runned, by now, by the obvious supremacy of diversity.

That is, I understand that nothing about human life is static and that tastefully using the contact with alterity is how we become stronger human beings.